PDA

View Full Version : Let's Support Leeann and Alan

OfficialHSL
15-03-2016, 03:38 PM
Despite the result it was great to see so many Hibs fans at Hampden, it’s not that often that we get there. Although we are all disappointed not to have returned with a Trophy we believe it was still a great achievement for the Management Team. When we think what they inherited just a short time ago it is a truly remarkable achievement.

If, like us, you want to see more of that then we have to give our Club more financial support. This Management Team seem to know how to spend money wisely so let’s show them just how much we want to help. As many supporters may be aware the Club launched a new share issue on 25th February 2016. We are often asked what is the best way to invest in Hibs – buy shares directly or through HSL ?

Well the first and most obvious thing to say is not to consider any contribution as an “investment” in the normal sense of the word. This is essentially a donation to provide additional financial support to your Club. Having said this, we make no apology for pointing any supporter with a spare £225 firmly in the direction of HSL, and here is why :

Proof of Ownership

In both cases, supporters will be given a Certificate with their own name on it. A Share Certificate and a Membership Certificate are legal equivalents. When joining HSL with £225 a member will own a part of their Club in the same sense as a fellow supporter acquiring £225 worth of shares. An HSL Member is not in any sense an inferior owner. They have slightly different ownership rights but they are both owners. And in both cases supporters can pass on their part ownership of the Club to their family. HSL Members proudly display their Ownership Certificate on their walls at home or office or work place.

Voting Rights/Democracy

For many supporters, one of the reasons for becoming financially involved with their Club is to have some sort of say or influence in how their Club is run. A fundamental principle of HSL is our belief that every single supporter should have an equal voice. No matter who you are, your opinion is just as important as any other supporter. This means that when we have matters that we are required to vote upon each member has one vote. One member who has contributed £1000 cannot overrule the votes of four other members who have each contributed £225.
This was the very principles on which our great Club was established. More able members of the Community were able to assist those who were less able. Supporters buying shares however must be aware that one individual wealthy supporter who has many more shares can overrule the will of hundreds of other supporters, especially those who have bought the minimum of £200.

Supporter Representation

Apart from those occasions that require formal voting, the ongoing running of the Club falls to the Board of Directors. HSL has an exclusive formal agreement with the Club that entitles HSL to appoint a Director to the Board on a permanent basis once our shareholding and donations have reached a certain level. This means that there is a formal process for introducing the views of many ordinary Hibs fans. Supporters buying individual shares do not have this legal entitlement.

Accessible to All

The reality of a Football Club operating in the environment that we do is that we all have a responsibility for our Club. We cannot for ever look towards an individual to financially support our Club. HSL gives a realistic prospect to all fans to share this responsibility by offering the facility to pay a small amount each month. Not many supporters actually have a spare £200 which means that direct Shareholding is limited to the more affluent supporters. HSL gives all supporters the chance to own part of their Club and as stated earlier, owning it on an equal basis with our fellow supporters.

Loss of Voting Rights

One of the principle benefits of HSL is the certainty that none of our voting rights will ever be wasted. Whatever ownership stake we end up with 10%, 25% or 35% our entire voting block will always be exercised. This means that if we owned 26% of our Club and a contentious issue arose, even if only 1800 Members out of a 2000 Membership voted, our 26% voting rights would still be exercised. For those supporters owning, in the same example, the remaining 25% of the Club it is very unlikely that every single shareholder will cast a vote ( many have died, or have been passed on to those who don’t have an interest).

These are all the reasons why it feels great to be a part of HSL and an owner of our Club.

You can join HSL here :
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

Ringothedog
15-03-2016, 04:10 PM
Despite the result it was great to see so many Hibs fans at Hampden, it’s not that often that we get there. Although we are all disappointed not to have returned with a Trophy we believe it was still a great achievement for the Management Team. When we think what they inherited just a short time ago it is a truly remarkable achievement.

If, like us, you want to see more of that then we have to give our Club more financial support. This Management Team seem to know how to spend money wisely so let’s show them just how much we want to help. As many supporters may be aware the Club launched a new share issue on 25th February 2016. We are often asked what is the best way to invest in Hibs – buy shares directly or through HSL ?

Well the first and most obvious thing to say is not to consider any contribution as an “investment” in the normal sense of the word. This is essentially a donation to provide additional financial support to your Club. Having said this, we make no apology for pointing any supporter with a spare £225 firmly in the direction of HSL, and here is why :

Proof of Ownership

In both cases, supporters will be given a Certificate with their own name on it. A Share Certificate and a Membership Certificate are legal equivalents. When joining HSL with £225 a member will own a part of their Club in the same sense as a fellow supporter acquiring £225 worth of shares. An HSL Member is not in any sense an inferior owner. They have slightly different ownership rights but they are both owners. And in both cases supporters can pass on their part ownership of the Club to their family. HSL Members proudly display their Ownership Certificate on their walls at home or office or work place.

Voting Rights/Democracy

For many supporters, one of the reasons for becoming financially involved with their Club is to have some sort of say or influence in how their Club is run. A fundamental principle of HSL is our belief that every single supporter should have an equal voice. No matter who you are, your opinion is just as important as any other supporter. This means that when we have matters that we are required to vote upon each member has one vote. One member who has contributed £1000 cannot overrule the votes of four other members who have each contributed £225.
This was the very principles on which our great Club was established. More able members of the Community were able to assist those who were less able. Supporters buying shares however must be aware that one individual wealthy supporter who has many more shares can overrule the will of hundreds of other supporters, especially those who have bought the minimum of £200.

Supporter Representation

Apart from those occasions that require formal voting, the ongoing running of the Club falls to the Board of Directors. HSL has an exclusive formal agreement with the Club that entitles HSL to appoint a Director to the Board on a permanent basis once our shareholding and donations have reached a certain level. This means that there is a formal process for introducing the views of many ordinary Hibs fans. Supporters buying individual shares do not have this legal entitlement.

Accessible to All

The reality of a Football Club operating in the environment that we do is that we all have a responsibility for our Club. We cannot for ever look towards an individual to financially support our Club. HSL gives a realistic prospect to all fans to share this responsibility by offering the facility to pay a small amount each month. Not many supporters actually have a spare £200 which means that direct Shareholding is limited to the more affluent supporters. HSL gives all supporters the chance to own part of their Club and as stated earlier, owning it on an equal basis with our fellow supporters.

Loss of Voting Rights

One of the principle benefits of HSL is the certainty that none of our voting rights will ever be wasted. Whatever ownership stake we end up with 10%, 25% or 35% our entire voting block will always be exercised. This means that if we owned 26% of our Club and a contentious issue arose, even if only 1800 Members out of a 2000 Membership voted, our 26% voting rights would still be exercised. For those supporters owning, in the same example, the remaining 25% of the Club it is very unlikely that every single shareholder will cast a vote ( many have died, or have been passed on to those who don’t have an interest).

These are all the reasons why it feels great to be a part of HSL and an owner of our Club.

You can join HSL here :
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

Still waiting on my HSL certificate but heh ho!

Gatecrasher
15-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Still waiting in the form I fill in to apply got the membership.

15-03-2016, 04:33 PM

Same here and my last payment was in febuary

Ringothedog
15-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Same here and my last payment was in febuary

Quick to take the money but inefficient at the certificate issuing.

DaveF
15-03-2016, 06:12 PM

I'm guessing you have been in touch. Are they just blanking your emails?

kaimendhibs
15-03-2016, 06:14 PM
Have you printed off the form and sent it back?

15-03-2016, 06:15 PM

It doesn't really bother me too much. I signed up to help the club not for some fancy certificate but I just thought they would be issued by now.

andyf5
15-03-2016, 06:25 PM
I gave my bank details over a week ago and have heard nothing despite emailing to say that. For a donation of money its very poor.

Pretty Boy
15-03-2016, 06:26 PM
Applicatiom form for a certificate attached for anyone who requires it.

Benny Brazil
15-03-2016, 06:45 PM

Not true - I filled in the form and sent it back, got an email acknowledging this and that they would send the certificate out - 3 weeks later the certificate arrived in the post.
This was during a time when they were busy with the allocation of the 100 points for each member - so I would say that they were pretty efficient.

OfficialHSL
15-03-2016, 07:17 PM

Lucky/Ringo/Gatecrasher

So sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. I have have sent you a PM and once we have your details we will look into this immediately.

From February 2015 until August 2015 supporters joining HSL received a "Thank You" email from us. Within that email there was a link to our Application Form. Supporters were requested to complete this Form once they had completed their payment of £225. If for any reason you did not receive that email please accept our apology.

From August onwards,when joining HSL, supporters were immediately redirected to a "Thank You " page on our web site which again contains a link to the Application Form and asks supporters to return it once full payment has been paid.

The HSL Directors meet at the end of each month to approve Applications received that month and Membership Certificates are issued within a week thereafter. Can we encourage all supporters who have fully paid to complete and return their Application Forms at their earliest convenience.

HSL

HiBremian
15-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Still waitin for the promised loyalty points :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Giro Playboy
15-03-2016, 08:38 PM
I don't think this is the best time to start asking fans for more money. Things are a bit raw at the moment.

lyonhibs
16-03-2016, 06:28 AM
We did support them. 30,000+ of us and we left Hampden empty handed. Not for a want of effort from the team, but still a bitter disappointment.

As already mentioned, slightly poorly timed "call to arms/wallets" by HSL IMO.

And also, "we don't get there that often"??!!

Hibs have been to Hampden more often - I'd wager - than almost any Scottish team bar Celtic/Rangers in the last 15 years.

marinello59
16-03-2016, 06:39 AM
I don't think this is the best time to start asking fans for more money. Things are a bit raw at the moment.

I don't think it does any harm at all to keep HSL at the forefront of people's thoughts. We might be a bit raw but that doesn't mean we temporarily stop efforts to drive the club forward. We have to be tougher than that, all of us.

lucky
16-03-2016, 07:12 AM
If we don't continue to support Hibs and HSL then the money into the club dries up. The Yams still have over 6000 paying and get nothing out. We've got 1800 and we are now the clubs second biggest shareholder. But let's remember this is about Hibs fans owning our club. Yes, Sunday was disappointing but HSL is for now and future. The more fans that join in the more money we have for players.

bookert
16-03-2016, 07:36 AM
Lucky/Ringo/Gatecrasher

So sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. I have have sent you a PM and once we have your details we will look into this immediately.

From February 2015 until August 2015 supporters joining HSL received a "Thank You" email from us. Within that email there was a link to our Application Form. Supporters were requested to complete this Form once they had completed their payment of £225. If for any reason you did not receive that email please accept our apology.

From August onwards,when joining HSL, supporters were immediately redirected to a "Thank You " page on our web site which again contains a link to the Application Form and asks supporters to return it once full payment has been paid.

The HSL Directors meet at the end of each month to approve Applications received that month and Membership Certificates are issued within a week thereafter. Can we encourage all supporters who have fully paid to complete and return their Application Forms at their earliest convenience.

HSL
Sorry mate I'm another one that didn't get a thank you email, finished paying in February and apart from an email asking me to continue have heard nothing.

Ged
16-03-2016, 07:44 AM
I wonder if HSL should consider taking on a volunteer to do the admin so that those who feel they need to be fawned over can have their arse licked for them.

God help us when they actually have a say.

Ozyhibby
16-03-2016, 08:24 AM
We did support them. 30,000+ of us and we left Hampden empty handed. Not for a want of effort from the team, but still a bitter disappointment.

As already mentioned, slightly poorly timed "call to arms/wallets" by HSL IMO.

And also, "we don't get there that often"??!!

Hibs have been to Hampden more often - I'd wager - than almost any Scottish team bar Celtic/Rangers in the last 15 years.

Wasn't exactly a great time at Tynecastle when FoH had their call to arms. The Yams stepped up though.
Things are not great at Easter road just now, that's why we need HSL. We are losing money every year and have no way of plugging the gap. There will be no more cash from STF or the bank. We are on our own now.
I keep hearing that Hearts fans only stepped up because they had too as their situation was dire. I would say that our situation was dire as well. If we stay down and we don't see a significant rise in HSL subscriptions then it's likely our player budget will be cut substantially. The money just won't be there. The books will need balanced. That will probably mean player sales.
So, yes it's a s**** time to ask but there is never a good time. The club is desperate for cash and it's time the Hibs fans stepped up a little bit more.
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
16-03-2016, 09:05 AM
I wonder if HSL should consider taking on a volunteer to do the admin so that those who feel they need to be fawned over can have their arse licked for them.

Who do you mean by "they"? HSL, or those "who feel they need to be fawned over"?

(all of HSL are volunteers, by the way. Their overheads are minimal.)

lyonhibs
16-03-2016, 09:17 AM
Wasn't exactly a great time at Tynecastle when FoH had their call to arms. The Yams stepped up though.
Things are not great at Easter road just now, that's why we need HSL. We are losing money every year and have no way of plugging the gap. There will be no more cash from STF or the bank. We are on our own now.
I keep hearing that Hearts fans only stepped up because they had too as their situation was dire. I would say that our situation was dire as well. If we stay down and we don't see a significant rise in HSL subscriptions then it's likely our player budget will be cut substantially. The money just won't be there. The books will need balanced. That will probably mean player sales.
So, yes it's a s**** time to ask but there is never a good time. The club is desperate for cash and it's time the Hibs fans stepped up a little bit more.

I'll put my neck on the line and say that immediately after winning a cup would have been a pretty damn good time to ask for HSL money.

confused
16-03-2016, 09:23 AM

Could'nt agree more

lucky
16-03-2016, 09:35 AM
I pay into HSL to help us, the fans, take ownership of our club. But the deal HSL and Hibs have struck is that the money we pay in goes to strengthening the team. STF is gifting the money we pay in to the club to help it get stronger. We all hate losing and losing at Hampden hurts but if we want to keep competing for the major honours then we've got to contribute.

I've paid more than my £225 but have not sent of my application for my membership. This is not HSL's fault it's mine. Come on folks, HSL are few directors volunteering with a steering group below. People need to realise that It's just over a year since it was launched and there are no full time staff to deal with all the administration. Let's get behind HSL and take ownership of Hibernian

SlickShoes
16-03-2016, 09:36 AM

Great for those with spare cash but for a lot of us there isn't much more that we can do, should I sign up for HSL and then go to less games? what's better for the club?

Fans shouldn't be a bailout for over spending and bad management and that's almost what you are suggesting happens here, the club was managed abysmally, relegated, failed to win promotion, is spending to much, so the fans should pony up the money to plug the gap.

Borderhibbie76
16-03-2016, 09:40 AM
Great for those with spare cash but for a lot of us there isn't much more that we can do, should I sign up for HSL and then go to less games? what's better for the club?

Fans shouldn't be a bailout for over spending and bad management and that's almost what you are suggesting happens here, the club was managed abysmally, relegated, failed to win promotion, is spending to much, so the fans should pony up the money to plug the gap.
You can pay as little as a £5 a month mate its hardly bursting the finances and we can't blame the current management and chief executive for what happened under previous regimes. Promotion was always highly unlikely last year whatever way you look at it. Get behind the club and if you can afford it pay into HSL. If you can't stop the negativity and putting others off the idea. If it's not for you then fine but no need for such negative remarks about a great scheme imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
16-03-2016, 09:45 AM

Nobody is asking fans to part with money they don't have but I'm sure there are many fans out there who can afford to sign up and have yet to take the plunge.
Everything you say about how the club was run is correct. Unfortunately there is nobody else but the fans now to bail the club out. It's just us.
Hearts were just as badly run and they have had to step in in large numbers to do the same.
We have still to match that level of commitment but I'm sure we can get there.
If we don't, then the current level of spending on the team is unlikely to survive.

JimBHibees
16-03-2016, 09:45 AM

What a shocker that is.

Ozyhibby
16-03-2016, 09:47 AM
I'll put my neck on the line and say that immediately after winning a cup would have been a pretty damn good time to ask for HSL money.

When we win one you can bet your boots that HSL will be pushing for more members that day as well. [emoji23]

16-03-2016, 09:56 AM

The situation at hearts was completely different. They were teetering on the brink of extinction, hearts fans knew they had no choice but to step up, if they didn't they could have possibly lost the club forever. Yes our situation is far from rosey but our club is a long way from the state hearts got themselves in.

hibbymac
16-03-2016, 09:58 AM

We're struggling to get "success" on the football field, they were going to cease to exist, ..... massive difference in both situations.

Turkish Green
16-03-2016, 09:59 AM

Like many supporters I do not have an infinite money source. The fixed amount I put away each month for football could be spent in different ways: ST, walk-ups, shares or HSL. What I would like to know is where do I spend my money in the best interest of the club. At the moment I would prefer to give money directly to the club rather than through a middle agent.

FranckSuzy
16-03-2016, 10:04 AM

Asking for a form or certificate is hardly folk expecting to "be fawned over"...:confused: One may argue that they shouldn't have had to ask in the first place as the administration of the scheme could have been slightly better but as has been covered already, it is being run by volunteers.

Re the part in bold, all members have an equal say in HSL and that is one of the advantages of this scheme, IMHO.

OfficialHSL
16-03-2016, 10:14 AM
Sorry mate I'm another one that didn't get a thank you email, finished paying in February and apart from an email asking me to continue have heard nothing.

We are really sorry to hear that. The vast majority of supporters received their email and have indeed returned the Application Form. We are aware of some difficulties with some. In most of these cases the email had been diverted to the Spam folder. Please send a PM with your details and we will ensure that an Application Form is sent out immediately. Alternatively, Pretty Boy has posted one earlier in this thread. Please do accept our apology for this.

We do not have any backlogs at the moment. Application Forms are picked up from ER twice a week and are processed within a day or two. As we only meet at the end of the Month there can be a delay if we have received your Form right at the start of the Month and we will post out Certificates in the first week of the following Month. Unfortunately we are unable to ask Directors to meet several times during the Month. Please do bear with us.

HSL

Ozyhibby
16-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Like many supporters I do not have an infinite money source. The fixed amount I put away each month for football could be spent in different ways: ST, walk-ups, shares or HSL. What I would like to know is where do I spend my money in the best interest of the club. At the moment I would prefer to give money directly to the club rather than through a middle agent.

I would say go to the game's first and foremost. After that I would say that 'investing' in HSL will give you most influence in how the club is run. You will be part of a bigger collective which will always vote in the interests of the club. Every penny invested in HSL goes into Alan Stubbs playing budget. There is no middle man taking a cut.
If we all choose to buy the shares independently then we will get no board representation when we get to 20% but if we do it through HSL we will have a legal right to always have someone on the board.
If you have the cash, then HSL is a great way to invest in your club.

Ozyhibby
16-03-2016, 10:34 AM
We're struggling to get "success" on the football field, they were going to cease to exist, ..... massive difference in both situations.

Who's to say things can't get worse for us? If we don't get up there will be cuts. From there, how much further will we drop? How low will the crowds get? Will we then make it up next season? I really don't think we should wait till it gets as bad as it got for Hearts. Much better to step in now. Look at what the extra cash has done for them.

lucky
16-03-2016, 10:37 AM
If anyone can spare any cash, from as little as £5 a month, it all helps the team. But even better we the fans will eventually own the club. So in future it will be the fans who make the spending decisions

bookert
16-03-2016, 11:20 AM
We are really sorry to hear that. The vast majority of supporters received their email and have indeed returned the Application Form. We are aware of some difficulties with some. In most of these cases the email had been diverted to the Spam folder. Please send a PM with your details and we will ensure that an Application Form is sent out immediately. Alternatively, Pretty Boy has posted one earlier in this thread. Please do accept our apology for this.

We do not have any backlogs at the moment. Application Forms are picked up from ER twice a week and are processed within a day or two. As we only meet at the end of the Month there can be a delay if we have received your Form right at the start of the Month and we will post out Certificates in the first week of the following Month. Unfortunately we are unable to ask Directors to meet several times during the Month. Please do bear with us.

HSL

Thanks for your reply, I will pm you.

CropleyWasGod
16-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Gonna get in quick before Ozy....

Tonight's result, IMO, was a massive endorsement of the value of HSL. The £285k (approx) that we've contributed to the club. .....the wages of 3 or 4 players?....has helped our cup runs enormously. 1 final, and now sharing the gates of an OF semi.....the financial implications speak for themselves.

That's your cue, Oz....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

matty_f
16-03-2016, 09:50 PM
If anyone can spare any cash, from as little as £5 a month, it all helps the team. But even better we the fans will eventually own the club. So in future it will be the fans who make the spending decisions

Absolutely this.

You don't need to chuck megabucks at it. A fiver a month is do-able for a lot of folk.

We can own our football club and with a support the size of ours, we can fund it to a level that all but three other Scottish clubs could only dream off.

Football will always throw up disappointments, and when it does it's how you respond and what you do, that sets you apart.

10% of the 30k at Hampden chipping in £5 a month is £15k extra each month - that's a couple of players for us. And we (the fans) increase our share in the club.

Ozyhibby
16-03-2016, 09:52 PM
Gonna get in quick before Ozy....

Tonight's result, IMO, was a massive endorsement of the value of HSL. The £285k (approx) that we've contributed to the club. .....the wages of 3 or 4 players?....has helped our cup runs enormously. 1 final, and now sharing the gates of an OF semi.....the financial implications speak for themselves.

That's your cue, Oz....

[emoji6]

Borderhibbie76
16-03-2016, 10:10 PM

[emoji6]

Luving your work Oz 😁

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
16-03-2016, 10:14 PM
So in future it will be the fans who make the spending decisions

You reckon? Like what?

I don't think there will be a say, or the need to have a say, in almost anything at all.

Unless there was a proposal to sell ER or to start playing in maroon or something I don't see where this is needed. Are we going to ask to vote on who supplies the pies or what the loyalty scheme should look like for example?

Christ I hope not. I hope it's merely a way for us to say we own a wee bit of our club. The thought of everyone wanting their say on every aspect of the club is depressing!

Criswell
16-03-2016, 10:16 PM
Someone mentioned we now have 1800 HSL members. Is this true? If so, that's not bad. However, hopefully many more will be persuaded to join up. You know it makes sense!

Ozyhibby
16-03-2016, 10:19 PM
Someone mentioned we now have 1800 HSL members. Is this true? If so, that's not bad. However, hopefully many more will be persuaded to join up. You know it makes sense!

Last I heard we were at about 1450? I may have missed something though.
Heard tonight on the radio that the Well Society have 1700 members. Surely we can do better than Motherwell? C'mon hibby's, get signed up.

Ozyhibby
16-03-2016, 10:21 PM
You reckon? Like what?

I don't think there will be a say, or the need to have a say, in almost anything at all.

Unless there was a proposal to sell ER or to start playing in maroon or something I don't see where this is needed. Are we going to ask to vote on who supplies the pies or what the loyalty scheme should look like for example?

Christ I hope not. I hope it's merely a way for us to say we own a wee bit of our club. The thought of everyone wanting their say on every aspect of the club is depressing!

No way. The club will always have a board who run the club.

CropleyWasGod
16-03-2016, 10:22 PM
I'd like to think that we will devolve those types of decisions to people better qualified.

emerald green
16-03-2016, 10:34 PM
HSL's objective is to allow fans to donate funds to the club while at the same time achieving an ownership stake in the club.

HSL has a formal legal agreement with the club which provides for an HSL appointment to the club board once £500,000 has been donated to the club. The support of HSL member's contributions is really making a difference, and is helping the club to improve its footballing prospects.

The more people who can afford to contribute, even as little as £5 per month, the better those prospects will be.