PDA

View Full Version : Fontaine says sorry, Oxley?

hibeerealist
15-03-2016, 12:32 PM
Oxley has had some serious blunders in a Hibs' strip, never once heard him apologise, not once!!

Not my favourite goalie as you will no doubt grasp, not blaming him for the goals on Sunday but amazed hat nobody has raised how useless he was at both.
Bartley bursts a gut to catch ad tackle the RC player - Oxley left him no margin for error the way he coms out (watch it again) and second goal (this time Fontaine bursting a gut to reach the ball) could Oxley not make an effort to reach the cross and help his defender?

One he should have stayed or held off to see outcome of defender' tackle and next one he stays when he could reasonably be expected to come out, bad decisions from a poor goalkeeper.

He should not be ignored when looking at who could have done better.

Monts
15-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Get a grip

MWHIBBIES
15-03-2016, 12:34 PM
Pathetic post.

CapitalGreen
15-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Oxley has had some serious blunders in a Hibs' strip, never once heard him apologise, not once!!

Not my favourite goalie as you will no doubt grasp, not blaming him for the goals on Sunday but amazed hat nobody has raised how useless he was at both.
Bartley bursts a gut to catch ad tackle the RC player - Oxley left him no margin for error the way he coms out (watch it again) and second goal (this time Fontaine bursting a gut to reach the ball) could Oxley not make an effort to reach the cross and help his defender?

One he should have stayed or held off to see outcome of defender' tackle and next one he stays when he could reasonably be expected to come out, bad decisions from a poor goalkeeper.

Life is short and you just wasted some of it writing out that pish.

StevieT
15-03-2016, 12:36 PM
Two days you've had and that's the best you can come up with.

stantonhibby
15-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Pointless thread alert

SeanWilson
15-03-2016, 12:39 PM
oxley has had some serious blunders in a hibs' strip, never once heard him apologise, not once!!

Not my favourite goalie as you will no doubt grasp, not blaming him for the goals on sunday but amazed hat nobody has raised how useless he was at both.
Bartley bursts a gut to catch ad tackle the rc player - oxley left him no margin for error the way he coms out (watch it again) and second goal (this time fontaine bursting a gut to reach the ball) could oxley not make an effort to reach the cross and help his defender?

wtf?

HibsNutter
15-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Fontaine didn't have to apologise, it was admirable and says a lot about how much he cares about the club and the fans that he did. You can't force Oxley to apologise. FWIW I don't think he's good enough and we should look for better in the Summer, but what a strange post.

Pretty Boy
15-03-2016, 12:43 PM
Oxley could do nothing about the goals yesterday.

Whether he will be our 1st choice next season is open to debate imo but that's not based on anything he did on Sunday.

KeithTheHibby

Nonsense regarding both goals. KT gave the ball away in midfield. Bartley tracked back, won the ball however only ended up playing it right back into the feet of Gardyne. Oxley totally not at fault.

Second goal Gray caught badly out of position leaving the guy a run in on goal. Fonts did what any defender would do and stuck out a leg as a Ross County player was going to have a free shot at goal at the back post. Unfortunately the ball fell to the RC player and the rest is history. Oxley once again not at fault.
Oxley has made mistakes this season however no danger can you blame him for the goals lost on Sunday.

lyonhibs

Question: Have you ever played in goals at any even a pub level of 11 a-side football?

You say "not blaming him for the goals on Sunday" and then proceed to effectively do that. Oxley maybe hit the turf too easily at the first, but would have got nowhere near the cross at the 2nd unless he'd started moving off his line before it was crossed, leaving him open to the Zibi/Simon Brown-esque **** up of the winger just slotting it in his near post.

He's not a great goalkeeper by any stretch (also, is it just me, or do black gloves just look pish on a goalie?) but do stop talking pish.

FranckSuzy
Thanks, a thread like this is just what we need :agree: :rolleyes:

hibsbollah
15-03-2016, 12:44 PM
It sinks lower.

Frazerbob
15-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Sniff

ManBearPig
15-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Nonsense. Period.

ALF TUPPER
15-03-2016, 12:46 PM
What a thread !!. seriously ?? :yawn:

Kato
15-03-2016, 12:47 PM

You could have done better than this tripe.

NAE NOOKIE
15-03-2016, 12:50 PM
If fans expected a public apology from every player who made a mistake, especially at this level, all the clubs would have to add 10 pages to the bloody programme just to fit them all in.

Fontaine showed a lot of class doing what he did ..... but I for one do not expect players to prostrate themselves before me in contrition every time they have a bad moment in a game, especially one who so obviously cares like Liam Fontaine.

Mark Oxley isn't the worlds best goalie ( I know, shock eh ) and he was left horribly exposed at both goals .... apology my hairy backside.

The_Horde
15-03-2016, 12:51 PM
Can the day trippers please piss off now?

We're a championship team and we got beat narrowly, due to horrible individual errors, by a team doing rather well in the premier league.

That's life, that's football. On another day we win 1-0. You can't take out the final failings of previous hibs teams on this one. They actually do care.

Christ, let's just chuck the towel in now.

hibsmad
15-03-2016, 12:53 PM
I feel it's worth pointing out that Fontaine never apologised. He came out and told us how terrible he felt.

He gave 100% and didn't have anything to apologise for.

Thecat23
15-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Honestly just **** off with ***** posts like that. One of the worst trolling I've seen on here and that's saying something! You've done this to get a reaction as Ox couldn't do anything with the goals.

No wonder this board is grim these days with folk like you spouting that crap.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Oxley could do nothing about the goals yesterday.

Whether he will be our 1st choice next season is open to debate imo but that's not based on anything he did on Sunday.

Sums it up nicely.

Edson Arantes
15-03-2016, 01:11 PM

:na na: What an utterly poor post.

With tomorrow's game coming up this was exactly the right type of thing to put on here. NOT.

Get a serious grip man.

Pete
15-03-2016, 02:01 PM
Sniff

:hmmm:

The Gorf
15-03-2016, 02:12 PM
FAO: Hibeerealist. Come out come out wherever you are. Conspicuous by your absence after that nonsense.
By the way. Best of luck to the team/club against ICT.
GGTTH.

Kojock
15-03-2016, 02:20 PM

While RC were being presented with the trophy, maybe we could have been entertained by Fonts and Oxley being flogged. :rolleyes:

hibbytam
15-03-2016, 02:25 PM

First goal, i'm convinced that if Bartley doesn't get a touch, it's the goalies ball. Which isn't blaming Bartley either, just one of those things that can happen.

Second goal, doesn't have a chance.

Hibernia&Alba
15-03-2016, 02:26 PM

What are you doing? Oxley isn't my favourite keeper, either, but do you expect every player who makes any mistake to come out and offer a public apology - a penalty miss, a great chance wasted, a silly red card etc? Think about it.

Northernhibee
15-03-2016, 02:31 PM
Ltyf

matty_f
15-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Pretty sure Oxley has apologised on twitter previously.

liamh2202
15-03-2016, 02:56 PM

Absolutely clueless nonesense

liamh2202
15-03-2016, 02:58 PM
Can the day trippers please piss off now?

We're a championship team and we got beat narrowly, due to horrible individual errors, by a team doing rather well in the premier league.

That's life, that's football. On another day we win 1-0. You can't take out the final failings of previous hibs teams on this one. They actually do care.

Christ, let's just chuck the towel in now.

Wow far too much sense spoken there mate

CraigHibee
15-03-2016, 03:02 PM
ridiculous post, nobody has to apologise for anything, i can completely understand why fonts done this as it would be sitting on his conscience but there is no point questioning other players to apologise when it isn't necessary. Always seems to be the same with some folk when we get beat that someone has to be blamed for it.

We should be focusing our energy on the games ahead of us and getting the right results, not games that have gone by as there is **** all that can be done about that now. The team need us backing them 110% as its going to be a tough couple of months GGTTH

The Sundance Kid
15-03-2016, 03:08 PM
Pretty sure Oxley has apologised on twitter previously.

He has after the Falkirk game at Easter Road, a game where he actually made an error rather than an imagined one

Thecat23
15-03-2016, 03:20 PM
He's trolling, he's been on other threads so he's clearly wanting to have a pop for no reason. No a peep from him on this funnily enough.

Hibby Gav
15-03-2016, 03:32 PM
He's trolling, he's been on other threads so he's clearly wanting to have a pop for no reason. No a peep from him on this funnily enough.

maybe off to rent a plane....

Waxy
15-03-2016, 03:33 PM
Launch the thread.

Leith Hibee
15-03-2016, 03:33 PM
No need for a public apology from any of the players in my opinion. Tbh I think that Oxley is honking and was blaming him when I left the stadium, but after watching it back on telly there ain't much he could have done. The man should have been shut down quicker to stop as easy a cross into our 6 yard box.

However, I do think that Oxley needs to man up and start coming out and taking balls out the air. Thought we were very fortunate that the goal was disallowed earlier in the half.

Thecat23
15-03-2016, 03:36 PM
maybe off to rent a plane....

😂😂

LaMotta
15-03-2016, 03:54 PM

You should be apologising for this pathetic post. If you think Oxley could do anything more for either goal you should give up watching football.

MinceAndTatties
15-03-2016, 03:59 PM
I don't agree with the OP on several points but I also don't blame him for not responding to the volley of abuse that came his/her way.
Far too many on this board respond to a post they disagree with, not with reasoned argument but with abuse and accusations of trolling.
Look in the mirror.
I disagree with him asking Oxley to apologize. I see no need for any player (including Thomson and Fontaine) to apologize for a mistake. We can safely assume that they did not intend to make them. They gave it all they had.

This should not stop us from identifying mistakes where they are made and asking whether they result from a weakness in their game.
In my opinion, Oxley's decision-making in the first goal was flawed but obviously Thomson's mistake was the primary reason the goal was scored. I accept that he expected Fontaine to get the cross for the second, which was reasonable.

Oxley's decision-making in when to come out and when to stick does not inspire confidence,

Thecat23
15-03-2016, 04:03 PM
I don't agree with the OP on several points but I also don't blame him for not responding to the volley of abuse that came his/her way.
Far too many on this board respond to a post they disagree with, not with reasoned argument but with abuse and accusations of trolling.
Look in the mirror.
I disagree with him asking Oxley to apologize. I see no need for any player (including Thomson and Fontaine) to apologize for a mistake. We can safely assume that they did not intend to make them. They gave it all they had.

This should not stop us from identifying mistakes where they are made and asking whether they result from a weakness in their game.
In my opinion, Oxley's decision-making in the first goal was flawed but obviously Thomson's mistake was the primary reason the goal was scored. I accept that he expected Fontaine to get the cross for the second, which was reasonable.

Oxley's decision-making in when to come out and when to stick does not inspire confidence,

Did you read his post?

Calling him useless for both goals!! You having a laugh? Have a go if it's deserved but Ox done nothing wrong. That's why he/she is getting it tight. He's simply made up something because it's clear as day the keeper could do nothing.

He may have his faults and folk can say what they like, but making **** up sorry but they can **** right off with that crap.

CmoantheHibs
15-03-2016, 04:09 PM

Wow to make such a clueless post can only mean one of two things .You are either totally clueless or you are a yam.Pretty much adds up to the same thing in my book.

Sejaca
15-03-2016, 04:18 PM

Not a massive Oxley fan but he apologised on Twitter once.

Kato
15-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Look in the mirror.

Just mince for me.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-03-2016, 05:00 PM
#oxleymoron ffs

Hibernia&Alba
15-03-2016, 05:01 PM
#oxleymoron ffs

:top marks

keep the faith
15-03-2016, 05:10 PM

Perhaps you should be apologising for such a dumb post?

Jumbo
15-03-2016, 06:18 PM

Why not blame him for not scoring equaliser at the end, when he came up for corner, as well !!!

truehibernian
15-03-2016, 06:20 PM
Why not blame him for not scoring equaliser at the end, when he came up for corner, as well !!!

Funny, I did think of Hibs net when he did - and the thread if he'd scored mate 😀

heretoday
15-03-2016, 06:34 PM
No apologies please. Just concentrate on the pitch, chaps, and stick your sorries in a sack!

G B Young
15-03-2016, 10:36 PM
Enough of this nonsense. Oxley was not at fault for either goal. Ross County capitalised on midfield and defensive mistakes for both their goals but in no way can the keeper be blamed. To say he was lucky to 'get away' with the disallowed goal is nonsense too. You can clearly see from the replay that the County player is climbing on him.

In my humble view Oxley is a decent keeper who has turned in far more solid displays than he has poor ones. That's about as much as you can expect from a keeper, especially in the second tier of Scottish football. He had, as far as I'm aware, played little if any first team football before joining us so could still be said to be learning his trade in what is the most thankless position on the pitch. We were spoiled as Hibs fans by having Alan Rough, Andy Goram and Jim Leighton in our ranks but even they were prone to mistakes (with perhaps the exception of Goram who I rate as the best I've ever seen). Subsequently we've had some genuine duds which has given the club something of a reputation for 'dodgy keepers' but Oxley is not one of them.

Captain Trips
15-03-2016, 10:49 PM
Oxley is not why we lost on Sunday or why we are so far behind Rangers and fighting with Falkirk. It's up the other end of the pitch that needs sorted.

liamh2202
15-03-2016, 10:51 PM
Enough of this nonsense. Oxley was not at fault for either goal. Ross County capitalised on midfield and defensive mistakes for both their goals but in no way can the keeper be blamed. To say he was lucky to 'get away' with the disallowed goal is nonsense too. You can clearly see from the replay that the County player is climbing on him.

In my humble view Oxley is a decent keeper who has turned in far more solid displays than he has poor ones. That's about as much as you can expect from a keeper, especially in the second tier of Scottish football. He had, as far as I'm aware, played little if any first team football before joining us so could still be said to be learning his trade in what is the most thankless position on the pitch. We were spoiled as Hibs fans by having Alan Rough, Andy Goram and Jim Leighton in our ranks but even they were prone to mistakes (with perhaps the exception of Goram who I rate as the best I've ever seen). Subsequently we've had some genuine duds which has given the club something of a reputation for 'dodgy keepers' but Oxley is not one of them.

100% spot on

Jdawg
16-03-2016, 12:54 AM

In the same sentence, you say you don't blame him for either of the goals then go on to say how useless he was for both?

Absolute drivel.

ACLeith
16-03-2016, 06:23 AM

:top marks

GlesgaeHibby
16-03-2016, 06:27 AM
I'm not Oxley's biggest fan, but the OP is talking utter rubbish. No way he could have came for the cross, it was whipped in brilliantly. He also pulled of a good save from a Ross County free kick - getting a good strong hand to it. Thought he got lucky at the disallowed goal, but you see that with most goalkeepers and referees tend to protect them. Like the rest of the team, Oxley has nothing to apologise for after the final display. They all gave their all, and you could see they were hurting after it.

lucky
16-03-2016, 07:23 AM
I think Oxley is our poorest player, but I don't want any player apologising. We win as a team and lose as a team. Everyone of them give there all. Sometimes it's not good enough and we don't win. But this season has had so many highs. If 66% of the Hampden support turned up every week Hibs would have double the cash for players. So does the OP expect all the occasional fans to apologise for not supporting the team more frequently? Of course not, but ffs to post that a player should apologise is wrong

Hermit Crab
16-03-2016, 10:03 AM
Sniff

:hmmm:

Ltyf

The OP is a private member, very unlikely to be a Hearts fans. If they are then then admins have let a big fish through the net but I doubt any Hearts fan would come on here and pay a yearly subscription just to do some wind ups. My guess is the OP is just another disgruntled Hibby who has a different opinion from most on here and it's not popular.