PDA

View Full Version : Team Speach for Wed - How do you lift the boys for this?

spike220
15-03-2016, 09:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_iKg7nutNY

paddy1875
15-03-2016, 09:30 AM
http://youtu.be/nYDIMWpcKqI

GreenArmyyy!
15-03-2016, 09:34 AM
Exactly why I'm not a manager, I really do not know, I can't lift myself to perform in a job that has nothing to do with football after Sunday so this is going to be a huge task for Stubbs.

Kojock
15-03-2016, 09:49 AM
Dont know if this has been tried before but I would get the full squad together, shout and swear at them and tell them they are all Tom Kite and are not good enough for the Hibs and if they don't buck up their ideas they will be out on their ear at the end of the season. Its worth a try.:wink:

Andy74
15-03-2016, 09:57 AM
Next issue would be persuading Hibs fans to go back to Hampden!

I'd be inclined to get the fringe players in tonight. This year isn't the one for going back to another Hampden game when we have a league to get out of.

Johnny_Leith
15-03-2016, 10:03 AM
Pretty simple I think. Remind them that they have made it this far in life and the game due to their will to win. They'll have faced obstacles before and overcome them, so go out there and PROVE to everyone that you WANT to win the cup.

Shove all the criticism down their throats, show them you're good players and in the wrong league.

All this cups are bonus nonsense - don't let it distract you, you're pro footballers and play for Hibernian. We want to win every game we play in and win every competition. If you don't think like that, there's the door go get a another job.

Just Jimmy
15-03-2016, 10:08 AM
Its the best come back. A game right away against good opposition in difficult circumstances. Go and shake off the weekend. If we win its forgotten and kick on. If we don't it was always difficult anyway. Lets focus on the league and playoffs.

15-03-2016, 10:20 AM
Dont know if this has been tried before but I would get the full squad together, shout and swear at them and tell them they are all Tom Kite and are not good enough for the Hibs and if they don't buck up their ideas they will be out on their ear at the end of the season. Its worth a try.:wink:

I agree, and make you you don't forget to remind them to lose the first goal in order to take away the fear of losing a goal!

southern hibby
15-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Show them a picture of 30,000 cheering them on and say imagine if it was a Scottish cup final how many would want to be there?

Now make it Happen Hibs I really believe we can go to the final yet again.

GGTTH

Allant1981
15-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Shouldnt be a huge task, win and they are in a semi final, nothing more simple

15-03-2016, 10:37 AM
It's a tough one, you only had to look at the players sitting on the pitch at the end of the game on Sunday to see how utterly dejected and gutted they were. Losing a cup final is always a hard pill to swallow but we can't let this define the season, theres still too much to play for including this seasons main goal of promotion.

This is no time to feel sorry for ourselves, time to dust ourselves off and get back out their and give ourselves a much needed booster by winning. The SC is not the main goal of the season but I think a win on wednesday is exactly what we need. If we had won on Sunday I probably wouldn't have been as bothered about wednesday but I think we now need something to get the heads well and truly lifted again.

Sunday was very unlucky, sadly the best team lost but whats done is done and we go again. The season is far from over.

mim
15-03-2016, 10:40 AM
I'd walk onto the pitch with them before the start and ask them to turn and look at the 500 or so Hibs fans and tell them 'do it for them' :thumbsup:

lyonhibs
15-03-2016, 10:44 AM
They're professional footballers FFS. If they've any pride, which I'm sure they do, then they should need no histrionics to get the up for this game, especially with what's gone before.

Iain G
15-03-2016, 10:47 AM
You ask them if they want to feel dejected, down, and depressed again like they did on Sunday after the game? If not you can channel that positively and put it right by winning the Scottish Cup and get us promoted :greengrin

OtleyHibs
15-03-2016, 10:54 AM
If you fall off the horse, get back in the saddle. Having a match so soon after Sunday might be just what the players need to get back out there and get the final out of their system.

You could see at full time how gutted they all felt, recovery from that can start with a good performance and result at Inverness hopefully!

Bayern Bru
15-03-2016, 10:57 AM
Forget about Sunday, it's over, it didn't go to plan - let's make sure this cup tournament goes to plan.

Boom, 4-0 Inverness. :greengrin

chrisski33
15-03-2016, 11:09 AM
i dont think they need a speech tbh. they know themselves they need to pick themselves up. id perhaps start with keatings and farid up front and then when we are winning get cummings and stokes on to give them a boost in confidence (maybe too much pressure on them of late?)
showing a pic of 30,000 fans at hampden wont do much they would have seen it in person on sun.
they are professional much more than other squads we've had recently so trust them to pick themselves up.
what will stubbs do or do anything different?

SeanWilson
15-03-2016, 11:46 AM
'Lads, if you enjoyed one moment of that experience on Sunday, lets make sure we have the opportunity to do it again and make it right'.

I do however think the nervous ennergy in run up to the game and the sheer disapointment will have hammered some of those players and don't fancy our chances.:rolleyes:

SeanWilson
15-03-2016, 11:48 AM
OR 'lads, i'm going to set us up to not allow them 300 acres of space to run in to every time we lose the ball, therefore giving you a fighting chance tonight':greengrin:greengrin

cmcd
15-03-2016, 11:55 AM

I assume this is a joke ?

HiBremian
15-03-2016, 12:05 PM
I assume this is a joke ?

Nah, deadly serious management tactic. And if you're one of those fans that hangs around the dugout complaining about it you can **** right off too ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Waxy
15-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Hope the players (Because of recent results)dont go into this match more afraid of losing than going out to win. Just give it max effort and no one can moan whatever happens.

HibsNutter
15-03-2016, 12:38 PM
Win and we have a semi date against a time we have already blootered this season. This trophy would mean so much more if we were to win it, whatever people say, that is true. They'll be up for it.

truehibernian
15-03-2016, 01:50 PM
I'd go along the lines of not many teams or players ever have such an immediate response to getting back to Hampden - you do.

Close your eyes and remember to a few days ago, how you felt at full time, how you've felt since.....think on it a bit...

Now open your eyes and remember the feeling running out that Hampden tunnel to a sea of green, imagine that noise again, remember that feeling against Hearts when you fought back, won, and were serenaded around the pitch....picture it again, how badly do you want that feeling again....

Now.....go out tonight and win !!

snooky
15-03-2016, 02:01 PM
Stubbs isn't managing an under 12 team here.
They're all grown men and hopefully, as professional footballers, should be able to man up and do the business.
If they can't, really they shouldn't be at ER or any other pro outfit for that matter.

The_Horde
15-03-2016, 02:17 PM
I think we should get them all to spend 2 hours reading hibs.net instead of warming up. That'll teach them.

ancient hibee
15-03-2016, 02:23 PM
Tell them that top players are prepared to go out and win every game-that's what makes them different from also rans.Show them Leicester v Newcastle and tell them that a team consumed by nerves with half of them playing as if they've got their boots on the wrong feet can still win when it is essential.

Eyrie
15-03-2016, 09:06 PM

I agree, and make you you don't forget to remind them to lose the first goal in order to take away the fear of losing a goal!

Nah, deadly serious management tactic. And if you're one of those fans that hangs around the dugout complaining about it you can **** right off too ;-)

The key to success with the above is to get the tactics right - ignore the midfield and just hoof the ball up the park.

Jones28
15-03-2016, 09:10 PM
Remember how **** you felt at quarter to 5 on Sunday. Remember that then imagine how those 30000 supporters. Remember that and and how little you want to feel that again.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-03-2016, 10:02 PM
"I have a dream that my four little Hibee children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by their Scottish Cup anguish, but by the content of their character. I have a dream today!"