PDA

View Full Version : Media Stevenson, Oxley and Cummings Post-Match Interviews

InterviewLoI
14-03-2016, 10:26 PM
Hey everyone,

Here are some interviews I did with some of the players after the Cup Final.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8WlUHG7Cx4

John McGinn interview coming soon, as well as Ross County reaction.

Intro music is from the brilliant Tabby Callaghan, who you might remember from the first ever X-Factor

Please share this video so that we can keep doing stuff like this!

If you want to get in touch with me, you can follow me on twitter @DonaghCorby_

Billy Whizz
14-03-2016, 10:32 PM
Thanks

InterviewLoI
14-03-2016, 10:34 PM
Interviews start at 0:48

Hi Heid Yin
14-03-2016, 10:42 PM
Thanks for sharing that. Do I feel any better? Definitely no. Those 3 players were devastated big time and it will take a lot to get them up for the game on Wednesday in a far-flung outpost with a poor atmosphere, and where we traditionally have performed badly and struggled to pick up points. Inverness could not have wanted to play us at a better time. Stubbs will have to perform a miracle in raising heads and confidence in the next 48 hours. I keep my fingers crossed that for once our lads have that wee bit of luck and that wee break at the right time and come away with a much needed victory. It will be a huge ask after Hampden.

Jonnyboy
14-03-2016, 10:42 PM
Cheers Donagh

Heisenberg
14-03-2016, 10:46 PM
They all looked utterly devastated. Will be a tough job to get them going again for Wednesday. ****ing ridiculous that we even have the replay this week to be honest.

Paisley Hibby
14-03-2016, 10:49 PM
Hey everyone,

Sorry mate, nothing personal but I think you are our uber jinx. Seems to me every time you turn up to do this interview stuff we get humped. Do you think you could maybe take up an interest in filming something else instead?

InterviewLoI
14-03-2016, 10:53 PM
Sorry mate, nothing personal but I think you are our uber jinx. Seems to me every time you turn up to do this interview stuff we get humped. Do you think you could maybe take up an interest in filming something else instead?

I'll start going to Hearts games

hibsboy69
14-03-2016, 10:56 PM

Hey everyone,

Thanks for doing this. Thought the players spoke well. They're clearly hurting too.

Question - did you try and interview Stokes ? Thought you would've done that seen as he's Irish?

Hi Heid Yin
14-03-2016, 10:57 PM

:tee hee:

hibsboy69
14-03-2016, 10:57 PM

:aok::greengrin

InterviewLoI
14-03-2016, 10:59 PM

Thanks for doing this. Thought the players spoke well. They're clearly hurting too.

Question - did you try and interview Stokes ? Thought you would've done that seen as he's Irish?

Hey man (or boy, evidently)

I had originally planned to, but he walked past as we were speaking to John McGinn, so we missed him. Disappointing considering I've known him a while.

hibs0666
14-03-2016, 11:00 PM

Sorry mate but I've been to more Hampden defeats than yer man so blame me not him.

RoYO!
14-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Link doesn't seem to work on iPhone?

hibsboy69
14-03-2016, 11:05 PM
Hey man (or boy, evidently)

I had originally planned to, but he walked past as we were speaking to John McGinn, so we missed him. Disappointing considering I've known him a while.

Ok , cheers.

At at least that puts to bed any "Stokes refused to be interviewed" nonsense! He simply walked past you (like others are seen doing in the video you've posted) as you were busy interviewing another player.

All the best :aok:

hibsboy69
14-03-2016, 11:07 PM
Link doesn't seem to work on iPhone?

Yeah I experienced that also. It works fine on an iPad though :aok:

InterviewLoI
14-03-2016, 11:09 PM
Ok , cheers.

At at least that puts to bed any "Stokes refused to be interviewed" nonsense! He simply walked past you (like others are seen doing in the video you've posted) as you were busy interviewing another player.

All the best :aok:

He absolutely didn't refuse me and as far as I could tell nobody asked him.

InterviewLoI
15-03-2016, 09:40 AM
Thanks for all the lovely tweets and messages of support everyone. I'm sorry that this isn't a happier video!

Scottie
15-03-2016, 09:51 AM
Thanks for all the lovely tweets and messages of support everyone. I'm sorry that this isn't a happier video!
Hi bud just a quick question for you.

Have you EVER interviewed a winning Hibs player in your life ? Your like the Grim Reaper for us. :wink:

Good to see the green and white blood in your veins mate. :aok:

SlickShoes
15-03-2016, 10:02 AM
Quite hard interviews to watch as I can see clearly the players were feeling exactly how I was feeling at the time.

It's now two days later and I feel better, hopefully they do too and we can still achieve something this season.

Well done on the interviews, it's quite good to see interviews with players that aren't the bog standard tv fayre and makes the whole thing seem much more human.

InterviewLoI
15-03-2016, 10:08 AM
Quite hard interviews to watch as I can see clearly the players were feeling exactly how I was feeling at the time.

It's now two days later and I feel better, hopefully they do too and we can still achieve something this season.

Well done on the interviews, it's quite good to see interviews with players that aren't the bog standard tv fayre and makes the whole thing seem much more human.

I genuinely felt for Mark Oxley as we were standing across from each other, there were definitely tears on the way.
It's always heartbreaking speaking to a losing Lewis Stevenson because he's the kind of guy you just want to do well.

However, definitely the hardest interview I think I've ever done was Jason Cummings. Arguably my favourite player/person on the team and I've wanted to meet him for almost 2 years and it was such a bitter-sweet experience. He's such a good character

InterviewLoI
15-03-2016, 10:12 AM
Hi bud just a quick question for you.

Have you EVER interviewed a winning Hibs player in your life ? Your like the Grim Reaper for us. :wink:

Good to see the green and white blood in your veins mate. :aok:

Falkirk semi in 2013, the only time! What a day! My record is appalling we were talking about this on the plane home. Since March 2012 I have gone to 7 Hibs matches, 1 win (Falkirk AET) 1 draw (Hearts Ozturk game) 5 losses (Dundee Utd 2012, Hearts THAT cup final, Motherwell December 2012, Dumbarton August, Ross County). I genuinely have to stay away for the rest of the year!

Johnny_Leith
15-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Falkirk semi in 2013, the only time! What a day! My record is appalling we were talking about this on the plane home. Since March 2012 I have gone to 7 Hibs matches, 1 win (Falkirk AET) 1 draw (Hearts Ozturk game) 5 losses (Dundee Utd 2012, Hearts THAT cup final, Motherwell December 2012, Dumbarton August, Ross County). I genuinely have to stay away for the rest of the year!

Don't let your record put you off, we're all in the same boat and there's no way we can all be jinx's!

Keep up the good work DC, I know I enjoy your work even if it is usually captioning another painful result.

InterviewLoI
15-03-2016, 10:17 AM
Don't let your record put you off, we're all in the same boat and there's no way we can all be jinx's!

Keep up the good work DC, I know I enjoy your work even if it is usually captioning another painful result.

Thanks a lot Johnny, hopefully I can get to see a win some time soon!

jarre1875
15-03-2016, 12:27 PM
Brilliant interviews. A great insight about how they were feeling. As you said about lewis you just want him to do so well as he is such a nice lad.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
15-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Great stuff as always.

Better than a lot of the official coverage.

pontius pilate
15-03-2016, 12:40 PM
I honestly thought wee Lewis and jc were just going to break down. the pain on the faces is clear for all to see. I was massively disappointed not angry just dissapointed. I honestly thought is get to see us lift a cup. I was away for 07 and for 91/92

007 Mickey Weir
15-03-2016, 12:56 PM
Thanks for this. Great to see the green and white army of fans at the start.

I hope they watch these types of videos before the play offs. Use them as motivation to FIGHT for that not to happen again.

InterviewLoI
15-03-2016, 01:54 PM
I honestly thought wee Lewis and jc were just going to break down. the pain on the faces is clear for all to see. I was massively disappointed not angry just dissapointed. I honestly thought is get to see us lift a cup. I was away for 07 and for 91/92

I actually found Mark Oxley to be the most emotional one. There was a quiver in his voice the mic didn't pick up but I actually almost broke down myself.

rcarter1
15-03-2016, 04:59 PM

Well, If IntLOI is our jinx, I wonder, he must be over 100 years old…

But in spite of the result, thanks for these interviews, Ive always appreciated your work! I reckon we will have something to celebrate one day, where you get to capture the happy side of the post Final experience. If we were to win something, Id miss it if you didn't manage to cover it!

Rock on everybody!! The players are one match away from Hampden again, so everything still to play for..:thumbsup:

madhatter
15-03-2016, 05:22 PM
I actually found Mark Oxley to be the most emotional one. There was a quiver in his voice the mic didn't pick up but I actually almost broke down myself.

Thanks very much for doing this and sharing. It did sound like Oxley struggled to speak in a few sections and Cummings even seemed to be considerably less aloof (in the cool/jokey sense) than he normally is. Maybe it is because of his Hearts background but sometimes I think Cummings isn't always being genuine - probably unfair on him but his attitude in interviews always seems to have a tongue-in-cheek vibe about it even when it possibly doesn't...

You'll be a better judge of his sincerity and feeling being there and seeing him first hand!

adhibs
15-03-2016, 05:32 PM
pretty hard to watch, that dressing room must have been brutal after the final whistle. good interviews though:aok:

InterviewLoI
15-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Thanks very much for doing this and sharing. It did sound like Oxley struggled to speak in a few sections and Cummings even seemed to be considerably less aloof (in the cool/jokey sense) than he normally is. Maybe it is because of his Hearts background but sometimes I think Cummings isn't always being genuine - probably unfair on him but his attitude in interviews always seems to have a tongue-in-cheek vibe about it even when it possibly doesn't...

You'll be a better judge of his sincerity and feeling being there and seeing him first hand!

JC was absolutely heartbroken. Before the game he was bouncing around Hampden, showing Liam Henderson the Hibs end he was going to score into and just in a good mood. It was tough to watch him coming out looking dejected.

truehibernian
15-03-2016, 07:16 PM
JC was absolutely heartbroken. Before the game he was bouncing around Hampden, showing Liam Henderson the Hibs end he was going to score into and just in a good mood. It was tough to watch him coming out looking dejected.

I heard John Doolan was very low too. One thing Stubbs has indeed managed to do is really reinforce what playing for Hibs means. I've been really encouraged by Henderson, Cummings, McGinn, Boyle, etc and their reactions in games, both winning and losing.

Henderson looked utterly crestfallen.

I still think Hibs should get you more involved in the club Donagh - you've a good tone when interviewing and you're now sounding very natural - getting you over a few times to get in and around East Mains, travelling with the team, etc - fans of all ages would enjoy that.

We miss Tom Zanelli - I think you'd do a grand job.

Sammy7nil
15-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Thx for sharing.
My thoughts are JC and Lewis should have declined the interview neither in the right frame of mind to speak. Oxley spoke very well.

truehibernian
15-03-2016, 07:43 PM
Thx for sharing.
My thoughts are JC and Lewis should have declined the interview neither in the right frame of mind to speak. Oxley spoke very well.

Why Sammy ? I think for a team that's been told they have no 'bottle' one of the hardest things any pro has to do is face the camera after a defeat. Good on them - shows the fans they actually care and it affects them. For me it also makes me want to support them more.

I've a mate who knows Lewis and after the 5-1 game v Hearts he was absolutely devastated for weeks. The lad bleeds green.

I hope we really get behind them as we're a young side really - I've every faith Hibs fans will still be positive and rally the troops.

InterviewLoI
15-03-2016, 07:48 PM
I heard John Doolan was very low too. One thing Stubbs has indeed managed to do is really reinforce what playing for Hibs means. I've been really encouraged by Henderson, Cummings, McGinn, Boyle, etc and their reactions in games, both winning and losing.

Henderson looked utterly crestfallen.

I still think Hibs should get you more involved in the club Donagh - you've a good tone when interviewing and you're now sounding very natural - getting you over a few times to get in and around East Mains, travelling with the team, etc - fans of all ages would enjoy that.

We miss Tom Zanelli - I think you'd do a grand job.

I would always love to be more involved! If anyone from Hibs is looking in, follow me on twitter @DonaghCorby_ and we'll talk!

InterviewLoI
15-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Thx for sharing.

I admired the lads for bothering, all 4 (McGinn video coming tomorrow) had just done big 15 minute interviews with newspapers and really didn't need to speak to me, but they did and I'm very thankful.

Sammy7nil
15-03-2016, 08:16 PM
Yeah good on them for speaking not putting them down in anyway huge respect to them all. However JC and Lewis looked totally disinterested who can blame and it showed.

Matt92
15-03-2016, 08:40 PM
All looked absolutely gutted...flip that back to the pricks that interviewed after the five one game.

Really feel for the guys, they didn't deserve this cruelty. Wee Lewy in particular looks absolutely heartbroken :boo hoo:unlucky wee man.

InterviewLoI
16-03-2016, 10:22 AM
Yeah good on them for speaking not putting them down in anyway huge respect to them all. However JC and Lewis looked totally disinterested who can blame and it showed.

They were absolutely heartbroken, just like the 32,000 Hibees who travelled. Cummings made note of how good the fans were

SherbetFountain
16-03-2016, 09:26 PM
I admired the lads for bothering, all 4 (McGinn video coming tomorrow) had just done big 15 minute interviews with newspapers and really didn't need to speak to me, but they did and I'm very thankful.

Any closer to posting the McGinn interview Donagh?

InterviewLoI
17-03-2016, 12:03 AM
Any closer to posting the McGinn interview Donagh?

Hey man sorry about the delay today was a marathon in college and I only got home to upload the video a few minutes ago. Here is the video

https://youtu.be/3JJAfU16hv4