PDA

View Full Version : 37 games already this season

Gordy M
14-03-2016, 10:20 PM
I just did a rough count of the amount of games this season....not including the petrofact cup, and we have played 37 games already this season. Do you think its starting to take its toll on the team and a possible reason for poorer recent results? We seem to have been playing weekend/midweek for weeks now? Kinda worried we will run out of steam before the important part of the season. Think we could potentially have another 16 to play(hopefully). That makes around 53 games in a season......

GreenArmyyy!
14-03-2016, 10:21 PM
We ran out of steam a few games ago IMO.

Edson Arantes
14-03-2016, 10:33 PM
I just did a rough count of the amount of games this season....not including the petrofact cup, and we have played 37 games already this season. Do you think its starting to take its toll on the team and a possible reason for poorer recent results? We seem to have been playing weekend/midweek for weeks now? Kinda worried we will run out of steam before the important part of the season. Think we could potentially have another 16 to play(hopefully). That makes around 53 games in a season......

Bull****.

Hi Heid Yin
14-03-2016, 10:50 PM
Bull****.

:tsk tsk: No need for that type of response. At least say something constructive or nothing at all.

Gordy M
14-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Bull****.

Jeez thanks for that....what part may i ask?

hibsboy69
14-03-2016, 11:01 PM
Bull****.

Time of the month my dear?

#CalmDown :cb

HibsNutter
14-03-2016, 11:05 PM
I think we've become too predictable, everything goes through the middle and it's incredible easy to snuff out when Gray and Stevenson can't get up and down the line as much, which is to be expected as Stevenson has played 36 of those games, while Gray also plays almost every game when fit. Wouldn't really say it's knackered the team as a whole but the way we play takes a lot out of these two, and it's cost us as their forward runs - even if just to open space for Henderson, McGinn etc - haven't been as frequent.

Jones28
14-03-2016, 11:21 PM
Bull****.

Care to elaborate?

matty_f
14-03-2016, 11:22 PM
Bull****.

How can you say that? There's no smoke without fire, so he's probably right.

Jones28
14-03-2016, 11:23 PM
Stubbs will have to be a lot shrewder and ballsier with his team selections to keep players fresh for games that will define our season. Boyle, Keatings,p Carmicheal, Farid, Handling and Gunnarson are all going to have big parts to play in the run in

Heisenberg
14-03-2016, 11:25 PM
I was having a think about our setup becoming too predictable as well. We played the same way last season so surely teams would've been able to stop us earlier in this season if they knew how to? It could well just be a case of us running out of steam and injuries to key players catching up.

We went on a good run and defeated quite a few top divison sides by playing the same tactical set up as we are now. The players need to step it up again and quickly, especially the forward thinking ones.

HibsNutter
14-03-2016, 11:32 PM
I was having a think about our setup becoming too predictable as well. We played the same way last season so surely teams would've been able to stop us earlier in this season if they knew how to? It could well just be a case of us running out of steam and injuries to key players catching up.

We went on a good run and defeated quite a few top divison sides by playing the same tactical set up as we are now. The players need to step it up again and quickly, especially the forward thinking ones.

Think the difference last season was we had someone who could unlock another teams defence every single game. Not having a go at our midfield, especially McGinn and Henderson who have been great for the most part. McGinn is every bit as valuable as Allan was in terms of what he offers us as a box-to-box midfielder but we lack the bit of magic that Allan gave us.

DH1875
15-03-2016, 09:02 AM
Think that because of the extra league games Falkirk have played the same. If not, it won't be far off and their squad is no way as strong as ours.

LithgaeHibby
15-03-2016, 09:19 AM
On Sunday I thought that Hibs tired in the last 20 minutes, especially Henderson and McGinn, and then I started to wonder about our fitness and our ability to last the course for the rest of the season. But then it hit me that since Ross County had done the square root of hee haw for the first 70 minutes, it was no wonder that they had plenty left in the tank, and they came into it late on. Had we taken our chances then we would have seen the game out without tiredness being a factor.

The_Exile
15-03-2016, 09:55 AM
I don't think it's a coincidence that Hearts done so well in the league last year having been papped out the cups early doors, they had one single focus for pretty much the entire campaign last year which no doubt helped them win the league. I would say we have been over stretched a bit and we haven't really used a great deal of our squad depth, are we seeing a bit of burnout with some of the regulars?