PDA

View Full Version : Ffs

edwards
14-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Now the cup final defeat is in the past It's time to forgive and forget, the players and Stubbs have to turn this around and try and get a win against Inverness and focus on the play offs. Only the players can change our run of bad luck It's time to get back behind them and show our support. A lot of teams below us in the league would love to be in our position upwards and onwards.

Alfred E Newman
14-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Correct.
Let's call a truce till 10pm on Wednesday and then we can all get torn in again! :greengrin

Steve20
15-03-2016, 03:20 AM
Now the cup final defeat is in the past It's time to forgive and forget, the players and Stubbs have to turn this around and try and get a win against Inverness and focus on the play offs. Only the players can change our run of bad luck It's time to get back behind them and show our support. A lot of teams below us in the league would love to be in our position upwards and onwards.

'A lot of teams below us'. You mean the likes of Raith, Livingston and Queen of the South? That's what we've sank too. Because we're above them it's all good? Deary me, we are third in the 2nd tier.

marinello59
15-03-2016, 05:35 AM
'A lot of teams below us'. You mean the likes of Raith, Livingston and Queen of the South? That's what we've sank too. Because we're above them it's all good? Deary me, we are third in the 2nd tier.

The OP is trying to make a rallying call. He hasn't said that its all good. There are plenty of threads where you can wallow in misery, would it hurt you to leave just one for people to suggest a positive way forward?

Thecat23
15-03-2016, 05:53 AM

We have games in hand, so let's not start slapping the **** out the panic button.

HH81
15-03-2016, 06:30 AM
I fully expect Hibs to win tomorrow. It is just so us to lose a final then go somewhere tough when no one expects a win and do it.

2-1 Hibs Stokes winner.

Danderhall Hibs
15-03-2016, 06:53 AM
I fully expect Hibs to win tomorrow. It is just so us to lose a final then go somewhere tough when no one expects a win and do it.

2-1 Hibs Stokes winner.

I fully expect a 3 or 4 nil win. Everything will fall on a plate and wel'll be able to have the "if only one of them had done that on Sunday" chat.

hibsbollah
15-03-2016, 07:13 AM

See, i think we would be allowed to report posts like this on the basis of using a)A Straw Man argument 'because we're above them it's all good?' (FFS no ****er is ****ing saying that FFS) and b)stupidity.

snooky
15-03-2016, 07:27 AM
Okay, we lost the bronze. The silver and gold are still there.
It's not what you do after a victory that shows your real character. It's what you do after a defeat.
GGTTH.

Giro Playboy
15-03-2016, 07:28 AM
'A lot of teams below us'. You mean the likes of Raith, Livingston and Queen of the South? That's what we've sank too. Because we're above them it's all good? Deary me, we are third in the 2nd tier. Such is the fear that some Hibs fans have of criticising Stubbs and Dempster that they try put a gloss on every situation.
Being 3rd in that mickey mouse league is a joke as far as I'm concerned. Putting the fans through even more Hampden torture is completely unacceptable.
The manager has one of the biggest budgets in Scotland yet the team has capitulated over the last few weeks. Stubbs is starting to look like a rabbit caught in the headlights and all the cheerleading on here and the sugar candy coating that they put on every defeat is not going to make things any better.
I would like to think that the board are asking Stubbs what the hell is going on. Because the way things are looking I'm not even confident about beating Falkirk in a play off let alone premiership opposition.

scooby
15-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Such is the fear that some Hibs fans have of criticising Stubbs and Dempster that they try put a gloss on every situation.
Being 3rd in that mickey mouse league is a joke as far as I'm concerned. Putting the fans through even more Hampden torture is completely unacceptable.
The manager has one of the biggest budgets in Scotland yet the team has capitulated over the last few weeks. Stubbs is starting to look like a rabbit caught in the headlights and all the cheerleading on here and the sugar candy coating that they put on every defeat is not going to make things any better.
I would like to think that the board are asking Stubbs what the hell is going on. Because the way things are looking I'm not even confident about beating Falkirk in a play off let alone premiership opposition.

I don't think Dempster deserves any criticism, she has done an excellent job since she came in. It's Stubbs job to put a winning team on the park and motivate them, he has been fully supported by the club, so has no excuses.

I do think he's set himself up for a fall with some of his bravado in the media, I'd rather he got the team to do the talking on the park.

Big few weeks ahead for all of us, let's hope he's up to the job.

FranckSuzy
15-03-2016, 08:56 AM
It's not what you do after a victory that shows your real character. It's what you do after a defeat.
GGTTH.

Like :aok:

SaulGoodman
15-03-2016, 09:01 AM
See, i think we would be allowed to report posts like this on the basis of using a)A Straw Man argument 'because we're above them it's all good?' (FFS no ****er is ****ing saying that FFS) and b)stupidity.

And C) I'm pretty sure the boy just posts for a reaction now.

Mikey09
15-03-2016, 09:10 AM
Such is the fear that some Hibs fans have of criticising Stubbs and Dempster that they try put a gloss on every situation.

They seem to have no fear of criticising some players as I witnessed AGAIN from some at Hampden. Some of our "support" are the most negative people I've ever come across. Group behind me in section C5 pretty much spent the entire game slating Stokes. When County scored they turned their venomous comments on Stubbs. ****ing pathetic.

You're not confident beating Falkirk let alone Premiership opposition?! We've played 5 Premiership sides this season beating 4 of them. I'm confident. But don't let facts get in the way of giving the club and manager a good kicking after a cup final defeat. Bore off.

green day
15-03-2016, 12:28 PM

I think you are assuming that more money automatically = success.

Hearts have a bigger budget than us (as I am sure you are aware) but got nowhere in the league cup, we papped them out over two legs in the Scottish and, apart from looking like they will 'win' a Europa league 5th qualifier round in some hellhole in kazakstan, wont be bothering Celtic for the league.

We have been pony in the league over the last few games, but against ICT and RC we had enough to win, just didn't get it over the line.

That's not capitulation, and if you think it is, you are a troll.

FranckSuzy
15-03-2016, 12:31 PM

Hearts have a bigger budget than us (as I am sure you are aware) but got nowhere in the league cup, we papped them out over two legs in the Scottish and, apart from looking like they will 'win' a Europa league 5th qualifier round in some hellhole in kazakstan, wont be bothering Celtic for the league.

We have been pony in the league over the last few games, but against ICT and RC we had enough to win, just didn't get it over the line.

That's not capitulation, and if you think it is, you are a troll.

:top marks

Ronniekirk
15-03-2016, 03:33 PM

2-1 Hibs Stokes winner.

Have come out my post Hamden depression I don't expect us to go a seventh game without wining but we will need to do it in normal time i think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbymick
15-03-2016, 06:52 PM
I've already booked my hotel in Glasgow for the semi final......It can be cancelled at no cost though.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-03-2016, 07:06 PM

You're a real up person.

Forza Fred
15-03-2016, 07:48 PM

My Yam sentencing/syntax detector is giving off significant readings here....

chrisski33
15-03-2016, 08:09 PM
I fully expect a 3 or 4 nil win. Everything will fall on a plate and wel'll be able to have the "if only one of them had done that on Sunday" chat.

I cant believe some think we will win let alone by 3 goals! Sorry but havent seen anything lately to say we will win by 3 goals

Giro Playboy
15-03-2016, 08:31 PM

That's not capitulation, and if you think it is, you are a troll. In the space of a month we have went from challenging Rangers for the league title to falling 17 points behind them. We have fallen behind a Falkirk team who's budget is tiny compared to ours. We have thrown away a cup final, been hammered at home by Morton, beaten by part time Dumbarton who were 3-0 up at one point, beaten of QOS and thrown away a home lead against an average ICT side. If that's not a capitulation I don't know what is....or maybe you just don't know the meaning of the word

Giro Playboy
15-03-2016, 08:33 PM
My Yam sentencing/syntax detector is giving off significant readings here.... Well done Sherlock. After 40 years pretending I was a Hibs fan I've finally been rumbled by a pensioner in Australia.:aok:

green day
15-03-2016, 08:41 PM
In the space of a month we have went from challenging Rangers for the league title to falling 17 points behind them. We have fallen behind a Falkirk team who's budget is tiny compared to ours. We have thrown away a cup final, been hammered at home by Morton, beaten by part time Dumbarton who were 3-0 up at one point, beaten of QOS and thrown away a home lead against an average ICT side. If that's not a capitulation I don't know what is....or maybe you just don't know the meaning of the word

No, I understand perfectly.

You are either one of them on the wind up, or a troll.

et_hibby
15-03-2016, 08:46 PM
GGTTH.
This is good

superfurryhibby
15-03-2016, 08:51 PM

You are either one of them on the wind up, or a troll.

All negativity and no hint of a solution.

Personally, I like the fact that there are people whose views differ from the mainstream, but when it's relentlessly critical without any deviation then you have to wonder.

The season has gone pear shaped and we've hit a trough. Everyone is well aware of it, the question is this though, do we have anything to play for? The answer is aye, we have it all to play for.

On that basis, I'm withholding the need to get too worked up. It is what it is. We've still got a lot of football ahead, the team give their all, get behind them or GTF.

Giro Playboy
15-03-2016, 08:58 PM

You are either one of them on the wind up, or a troll. Or maybe just a Hibbie who is sick to death of being kicked in the teeth.

AlbertK86
15-03-2016, 09:32 PM
They seem to have no fear of criticising some players as I witnessed AGAIN from some at Hampden. Some of our "support" are the most negative people I've ever come across. Group behind me in section C5 pretty much spent the entire game slating Stokes. When County scored they turned their venomous comments on Stubbs. ****ing pathetic. You're not confident beating Falkirk let alone Premiership opposition?! We've played 5 Premiership sides this season beating 4 of them. I'm confident. But don't let facts get in the way of giving the club and manager a good kicking after a cup final defeat. Bore off.

Well said Mikey

If you are a HIBBY get backing the team. It is times like this they really need the backing of the fans.

GGTTH

jacomo
15-03-2016, 09:58 PM
Or maybe just a Hibbie who is sick to death of being kicked in the teeth.

Can't mind you posting any other time this season.

Why is that?

greenlex
16-03-2016, 02:41 AM
In the space of a month we have went from challenging Rangers for the league title to falling 17 points behind them. We have fallen behind a Falkirk team who's budget is tiny compared to ours. We have thrown away a cup final, been hammered at home by Morton, beaten by part time Dumbarton who were 3-0 up at one point, beaten of QOS and thrown away a home lead against an average ICT side. If that's not a capitulation I don't know what is....or maybe you just don't know the meaning of the word
Saying we've fell behind Rangers is fair comment but by your own benchmark our budget is tiny in comparison to theirs. Falling behind Falkirk is in part and more todo with not playing any games in the the league for a couple of weeks. You also double the negativity by going into the detail of the three games that put us well behind Rangers. Your fairly upbeat eh?
Falkirk play Rangers on Friday and I can't see anything other than a Rangers win. That will have us three points behind with three games in hand going intoSaturday evenings game.
If we can't finish second after that then by all means tell us we're all wrong.
Sunday was a huge disappointment but in reality it's all about the play offs and if we're being honest it ways was going to be. Tonight means an extra game to deal with and an opportunity to put Sunday behind us and into the weekend on the up. Cheer up FFS.

NAE NOOKIE
16-03-2016, 04:46 AM

Exactly what has Dempster done? ........... Oh lets think, our first proper run of bad results in two seasons means she picked a **** manager, which you could have told all us mugs 18 months ago of course.

Stubbs has had his fair share of criticism on here of late ..... I don't see a set of fans afraid to criticise him, I see a set of fans who think its unfair, not to mention at this point unhelpful, to crucify him.

We are in this Mickey Mouse league because of 7 years of neglect and mismanagement ..... we are still in it because we ended up in it last year with no team and 2 of only 4 clubs in the whole country that are bigger than us, . We wont win it this year because unfortunately for us the Huns managed to find a manager who ( like it or not ) actually knows what he is doing and who has a squad of players who ( once again like it or not ) actually know how to play ..... Yes we have gifted them a few bad results, but lets not start kidding ourselves that the league record we have wouldn't have us extremely well placed to win the league if Sevco were Killie, Partick Thistle or Motherwell ....... Falkirk are a danger because they have had a good season, not because we have had a crap one.

And don't mention last seasons play off either .... we were 2 down after the first leg because we didn't play as well as we might have in a game where the opposition crowd were allowed to pelt our players with missiles and the 2nd goal was ( by a fraction, but it doesn't matter it still was ) offside. In the second leg Hibs utterly played the *******s off the park and short of giving the players machine guns with 15 minutes to go I fail to see what else we could have done to score more than one goal ..... It wasn't just stoic resistance that prompted 13,000 folk to start applauding the team 5 minutes before the final whistle.

As far as I can see our manager saying he still trusts his players and is confident they can get us back on track isn't sugar coating anything ... what would you rather he did, hammer the players publicly after every defeat? How's that going to help exactly?

What does 'unacceptable' mean in relation to the League Cup final? ..... we didn't lose to sodding East Stirling. It was hard to take because on the balance of play we deserved to win and lost to a last minute goal. Yes some individual mistakes and a bit of bad luck lost us two avoidable goals ... but "unacceptable" ... when did we become sodding Barcelona?

As for your Rabbit caught in the headlights comment ........... words bloody fail me.

You might not have noticed mate but Falkirk have been tough opposition all season, not just for us but for Sevco as well .... a run of bad results doesn't help confidence, but what, if we had beaten Morton, Dumbarton, QOTS and Ross County that would have made Falkirk a soft touch .... I don't think so. But it doesn't all of a sudden make us gash either, much as you so desperately seem to want it to.

There's nothing wrong with calling it like you see it and I don't disagree that our current situation is a worry either. But you are practically picking the club apart from top to bottom based on a 3 week slump ... I have seen more positive last statements from death row inmates.

Being a retired sad auld sod who has bugger all else to do ( well nearly :greengrin ) and who has suffered from lifelong insomnia I read pretty well every thread and post that appears on this forum, which begs a question ............ have you ever had anything positive to say about Hibernian football club? I've had more enjoyable Hibs related reading on kickback.

Libby Hibby
16-03-2016, 04:54 AM
Exactly what has Dempster done? ........... Oh lets think, our first proper run of bad results in two seasons means she picked a **** manager, which you could have told all us mugs 18 months ago of course.

Stubbs has had his fair share of criticism on here of late ..... I don't see a set of fans afraid to criticise him, I see a set of fans who think its unfair, not to mention at this point unhelpful, to crucify him.

We are in this Mickey Mouse league because of 7 years of neglect and mismanagement ..... we are still in it because we ended up in it last year with no team and 2 of only 4 clubs in the whole country that are bigger than us, . We wont win it this year because unfortunately for us the Huns managed to find a manager who ( like it or not ) actually knows what he is doing and who has a squad of players who ( once again like it or not ) actually know how to play ..... Yes we have gifted them a few bad results, but lets not start kidding ourselves that the league record we have wouldn't have us extremely well placed to win the league if Sevco were Killie, Partick Thistle or Motherwell ....... Falkirk are a danger because they have had a good season, not because we have had a crap one.

And don't mention last seasons play off either .... we were 2 down after the first leg because we didn't play as well as we might have in a game where the opposition crowd were allowed to pelt our players with missiles and the 2nd goal was ( by a fraction, but it doesn't matter it still was ) offside. In the second leg Hibs utterly played the *******s off the park and short of giving the players machine guns with 15 minutes to go I fail to see what else we could have done to score more than one goal ..... It wasn't just stoic resistance that prompted 13,000 folk to start applauding the team 5 minutes before the final whistle.

As far as I can see our manager saying he still trusts his players and is confident they can get us back on track isn't sugar coating anything ... what would you rather he did, hammer the players publicly after every defeat? How's that going to help exactly?

What does 'unacceptable' mean in relation to the League Cup final? ..... we didn't lose to sodding East Stirling. It was hard to take because on the balance of play we deserved to win and lost to a last minute goal. Yes some individual mistakes and a bit of bad luck lost us two avoidable goals ... but "unacceptable" ... when did we become sodding Barcelona?

As for your Rabbit caught in the headlights comment ........... words bloody fail me.

You might not have noticed mate but Falkirk have been tough opposition all season, not just for us but for Sevco as well .... a run of bad results doesn't help confidence, but what, if we had beaten Morton, Dumbarton, QOTS and Ross County that would have made Falkirk a soft touch .... I don't think so. But it doesn't all of a sudden make us gash either, much as you so desperately seem to want it to.

There's nothing wrong with calling it like you see it and I don't disagree that our current situation is a worry either. But you are practically picking the club apart from top to bottom based on a 3 week slump ... I have seen more positive last statements from death row inmates.

Being a retired sad auld sod who has bugger all else to do ( well nearly :greengrin ) and who has suffered from lifelong insomnia I read pretty well every thread and post that appears on this forum, which begs a question ............ have you ever had anything positive to say about Hibernian football club? I've had more enjoyable Hibs related reading on kickback.

Here, Here, Nae Nookie

s.a.m
16-03-2016, 05:55 AM

Totally agree.