PDA

View Full Version : Attitude

cameronw-hfc
14-03-2016, 08:42 PM
Seen a lot of people say 'if they all had the same attitude of Bartley' or similar, questioning the players attitude yesterday, however I honestly can't say I can pick one player that didn't put a shift in. I also think the timing of the County goal has changed a lot of people's minds about the game. We didn't play that badly, in fact if we scored one more of our chances people would have said the scoreline flattered them and spoke about how well we played, but the bottom line is we didn't, they did. Still think we put in a decent performance and couldn't question any of their attitudes, even Stokes, who seems to get it tight for his attitude on here but i seen him do a fair bit of running and chasing, just not a whole lot of good moments on the ball.

Smartie
14-03-2016, 08:45 PM
I don't think anyone's attitude can be called into question as a result of yesterday's performance.

They were focussed, gave it their all but fell just short.

Mistakes, tactics, injuries to key players - all fair reasons/ excuses for why we lost but it is grossly unfair to criticise any player for their attitude yesterday.

Sammy7nil
14-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Seen a lot of people say 'if they all had the same attitude of Bartley' or similar, questioning the players attitude yesterday, however I honestly can't say I can pick one player that didn't put a shift in. I also think the timing of the County goal has changed a lot of people's minds about the game. We didn't play that badly, in fact if we scored one more of our chances people would have said the scoreline flattered them and spoke about how well we played, but the bottom line is we didn't, they did. Still think we put in a decent performance and couldn't question any of their attitudes, even Stokes, who seems to get it tight for his attitude on here but i seen him do a fair bit of running and chasing, just not a whole lot of good moments on the ball.

Can't argue with that BUT we lost AGAIN. Just for once it would be a nice change for things to fall our way in a final

cameronw-hfc
14-03-2016, 08:56 PM
Can't argue with that BUT we lost AGAIN. Just for once it would be a nice change for things to fall our way in a final

Totally agree, was just making a point as a lot of people have questioned attitude and I find that grossly unfair.

FromTheCapital
14-03-2016, 09:49 PM
Saw folk question stokes work rate and attitude which was bizarre.
He chased everything down yesterday and offered a lot more than others.
Like said, whole team worked hard but the smash and grab won. Gutted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
14-03-2016, 10:21 PM
The winning goal came from a breakaway in the 90th minute while our team was up the other end trying to win the game. Unlucky, poor defending, bad tactics _maybe (and maybe unfairly) but poor attitude? Never. That's the second game in a row at Hampden where I've walked away wondering how....

Posh Swanny
15-03-2016, 08:57 AM

It's a fair to say that Hibs haven't had much luck at Hampden in recent years - I couldn't believe that first goal for Ross on Sunday when I saw the replay. Crap as Hibs were during the debacle that was 2012, the bounce of the ball (or the whims of the ref) went Hearts' way with the first FOUR goals! However, that may be saying more about the team's ability to deal with adversity than anything else!!

We saw what Hibs can do in a cup final when the ref ignored a blatant foul by Hogg in the build up to the first goal in 2007!

HFC 0-7
15-03-2016, 09:15 AM
The winning goal came from a breakaway in the 90th minute while our team was up the other end trying to win the game. Unlucky, poor defending, bad tactics _maybe (and maybe unfairly) but poor attitude? Never. That's the second game in a row at Hampden where I've walked away wondering how....

I never walkd awa ondering ow hs time. Wehd plenty of the ball but we didnt do nearly enough with it. I dont know what the game plan was as it didnt look like it would open them up at all. We ploughed forward at times only to fart about with the ball at the edge of the box before trying to cross. They had a game plan, suck it up and break down the wings, they stuck to it and it worked. I would question Stubbs here, its been the same for weeks now and nothing has changed. Subs were a bit strange IMO. My biggest gripe was the decision making from some of the players when in good positions.

Just Jimmy
15-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Basically if we score first teams have to come out and we can pick them off. We can't break teams down and we get caught out. Smash and grab sunday. They won but they were utterly garbage to watch. Still, they'll be happy.

Allant1981
15-03-2016, 10:30 AM
Dont think the attitude was bad at all the other day, we made 2 stupid mistakes and it cost us, we werent beaten by a better team or beaten because they didnt try

Yorkshire HFC
15-03-2016, 10:35 AM
For me, attitude isn't just what they do in the games - they all give 100% in front of the crowd.

It's what they do in training and how they live their life - diet, gym work, sleep - that's the hard part. It's easy to give all you have in front of the tv camera - but could they give 10% more if they had trained harder, looked after themselves better? That's part of the management teams job.

JeMeSouviens
15-03-2016, 11:22 AM

Agree 100%. :agree:

The game could'vegone either way, we just weren't clinical enough in turning decent enough play and reasonable chances into goals. Ross County were well organised, defended well and very fast on the break. They did the same to Celtc.
If Stokes shot on the turn had trundled in I think we'd have seen the game out, Stubbs would be a genius and they'd all be heroes. Fine margins.

Scooter
15-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Saw folk question stokes work rate and attitude which was bizarre.
He chased everything down yesterday and offered a lot more than others.
Like said, whole team worked hard but the smash and grab won. Gutted.

Not sure what game you were watching. Stokes was terrible. Watch RC 1st goal look how much effort he put in

Ryan69
15-03-2016, 11:50 AM

Fact remains however that we didn't score again...and never really looked like it either.
considering our playing budget and the vast amount of strikers at our disposal....we never destroy teams.
our defense always seems in a panic also,and I have no faith in Oxley either.

nobody has questioned the players attitude,we really have to figure out how to break teams down and really take the game to teams(that we should be brushing aside easily)

Scottie
15-03-2016, 11:53 AM
Not sure what game you were watching. Stokes was terrible. Watch RC 1st goal look how much effort he put in
:agree: His non attempt at a tackle was embarrassing. IMO he has brought nothing positive to the team since his return. Never mind at least we are paying him in the meantime to get match fit. :rolleyes:

FromTheCapital
15-03-2016, 12:57 PM

Suicidal ball from Thomson. Only an idiot would think Stokes was at fault for that goal...

FromTheCapital
15-03-2016, 12:58 PM
Since his arrival and when both stokes and Cummings have been in the squad, they've scored the same amount of goals... We'll completely forget about that though eh

Scottie
15-03-2016, 02:27 PM
Suicidal ball from Thomson. Only an idiot would think Stokes was at fault for that goal...

So you think he should be excused from making an effort to tackle the RC player or even worse just let him run pass him unchallenged. :confused: Yes Thomsons ball was poor but that doesn't excuse Stokes from not making a challenge.

Smartie
15-03-2016, 02:45 PM
I don't think you can pin either goal on just one person - about 5 were equally culpable in each but both had an obvious scapegoat if you wanted to go down that route.

Bartley put in a great effort to prevent both goals and was horribly unlucky to see both go in.