PDA

View Full Version : Development Derby

DaveF
14-03-2016, 06:14 PM
Kicks off at 7.30pm

Hibs line up is:

Brennan, Dunsmore, McGregor, Porteous, Mackie, Stirling, Watson, Breen, Crane, Peters, Gullian

Substitutes: Costello, Waugh, Donaldson, Murray, Smith, Scott, Sinclair.

No Virtanen? Does he not normally play in these matches?

Hamish
14-03-2016, 06:18 PM
Kicks off at 7.30pm

Hibs line up is:

Brennan, Dunsmore, McGregor, Porteous, Mackie, Stirling, Watson, Breen, Crane, Peters, Gullian

Usual keeper is Brennan. I thought Handling might have got an hour.

DaveF
14-03-2016, 06:24 PM
Usual keeper is Brennan. I thought Handling might have got an hour.

What game time has Virtanen had since he's arrived then? Seems a bit odd to sign a keeper but not play him.

Cod Boy
14-03-2016, 06:48 PM
How can Danny Handling be on the bench yesterday and not in the team tonight.Surely he needs game time.

Danderhall Hibs
14-03-2016, 06:52 PM
How can Danny Handling be on the bench yesterday and not in the team tonight.Surely he needs game time.

Maybe he's starting on Wednesday night?

Billy Whizz
14-03-2016, 06:53 PM

Think he was more just making up the squad numbers yesterday, with no other midfielders available

Unseen work
14-03-2016, 06:53 PM
Handling must be getting some game time on wednesdsy

Hamish
14-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Hearts 1 up

Future17
14-03-2016, 07:08 PM
1-0 down.

BSEJVT
14-03-2016, 07:10 PM
Think he was more just making up the squad numbers yesterday, with no other midfielders available

If he was that's a damning indictment of our U21's that not one of them was thought a better option than a guy who hasn't played football in knocking on 8 months and very little at all since joining the first team squad.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-03-2016, 07:31 PM
If he was that's a damning indictment of our U21's that not one of them was thought a better option than a guy who hasn't played football in knocking on 8 months and very little at all since joining the first team squad.

And so the fear and self-loathing continues ...

johncrobertson@
14-03-2016, 07:34 PM
Mackie - Is this the young lad we have signed from Raith?

Sammy7nil
14-03-2016, 07:35 PM

Or perhaps the reality :confused:

StevieT
14-03-2016, 07:36 PM

I don't think he can join us until the end of the season as he was signed outside the transfer window. Of course I could be talking rubbish.

Alfred E Newman
14-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Kicks off at 7.30pm

Hibs line up is:

It's a pity we don't have an Abbot, we could have paired them up front.

Billy Whizz
14-03-2016, 07:44 PM

It is

StevieT
14-03-2016, 07:53 PM
It is

See. I told you I could be talking rubbish

Hamish
14-03-2016, 08:04 PM
Hearts 2 up

Pretty Boy
14-03-2016, 08:05 PM
Boooooooooooooo

Billy Whizz
14-03-2016, 08:06 PM
Hearts 2 up

What happened the last time

silverhibee
14-03-2016, 08:09 PM
Maybe he's starting on Wednesday night?

You would have still had him on the bench and gave him the last 20/25 minutes to get the lads legs going again if you think he will start on Wednesday, just to get his sharpness up a bit.

Hamish
14-03-2016, 08:14 PM
2-1 comeback is on......

superfurryhibby
14-03-2016, 08:18 PM
You would have still had him on the bench and gave him the last 20/25 minutes to get the lads legs going again if you think he will start on Wednesday, just to get his sharpness up a bit.

All a bit bizarre really. I had no idea Danny was fit for consideration for any football game.

Hamish
14-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Finished 2-1 Hearts.

Plane and banner ordered for East Mains flypast tomorrow.

BSEJVT
14-03-2016, 08:21 PM

What

You don't think that's a reasonable assumption to make?

Wasn't Stubbs's stated mantra to have 1 +1 +1 for each position all capable of playing?

We don't have the middle +1 (partly for injury reasons) but if not one of the final +1 isn't capable then that must raise questions.

To put this in perspective not 1 of them was deemed capable, I am not looking for 5 or 6 but I don't think 1 would be too much to ask for?

I don't even blame the current management for this as I am well aware how long it takes to recruit and develop young players but it is a brutal reflection on what has gone before.

madhatter
14-03-2016, 08:25 PM
All a bit bizarre really. I had no idea Danny was fit for consideration for any football game.

Find it equally strange that Sam Stanton has been loaned out and we now have a midfield crisis in terms of personnel. Nice to see him in the north stand yesterday though.

We need to start playing youngsters like Crane etc. otherwise our squad is tiny and quality over quantity only makes sense if you introduce youngsters who can learn and be supported by quality teammates. Baffling how few youngsters have been given their chance since Stubbs took over.

Handling and Farid will be saved for closer to playoffs I think. Farid could be massive in those games.

Gmack7
14-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Find it equally strange that Sam Stanton has been loaned out and we now have a midfield crisis in terms of personnel. Nice to see him in the north stand yesterday though.

We need to start playing youngsters like Crane etc. otherwise our squad is tiny and quality over quantity only makes sense if you introduce youngsters who can learn and be supported by quality teammates. Baffling how few youngsters have been given their chance since Stubbs took over.

Handling and Farid will be saved for closer to playoffs I think. Farid could be massive in those games.

you would have thought being in the 1st division would have allowed us to introduce youngsters in certain games

Alfred E Newman
14-03-2016, 08:37 PM
There doesn't seem to be much point in having a development squad if we don't develop anybody.

Billy Whizz
14-03-2016, 08:41 PM
There doesn't seem to be much point in having a development squad if we don't develop anybody.

It's a great point, is Cummings the only one who's currently playing, who's come through in the last 6/7 years or so from the development squad?
What's wrong, the scouting of the right players, or the coaching and development of them?

madhatter
14-03-2016, 08:46 PM
It's a great point, is Cummings the only one who's currently playing, who's come through in the last 6/7 years or so from the development squad?
What's wrong, the scouting of the right players, or the coaching and development of them?

Recent problem seems to be getting a chance. For a number of years now I can remember people raving about a youngster we have only for them to be released without getting near the 1st team. Crane has had good reviews for some time but nothing has happened for him. Certainly think we should be giving a youngster a chance ahead of Thomson in some games as we need energy and legs in most games. Morton being a recent example of legs being sorely needed.

Relegation hasn't helped their chances.

Bishop Hibee
14-03-2016, 09:09 PM
Not sure of the age of the other players but Watson is only 18.

I always think of the team that won the youth cup v The Rangers. Spoony and Booth are the 2 who 'made it' If memory serves. Moyes and Byrne who looked promising didn't. Welsh at Partick Th was out injured for a lot of that run.

silverhibee
15-03-2016, 03:46 PM

Getting rid of the reserve league has been the biggest problem, the youth players are going from playing against young lads to be expected to go straight in to the 1st team, the reserve league gave the young lads a wee taste of what would be expected of them when they did make the 1st team squad, it has had a massive impact on bringing players through in Scotland since it was done away with.

ancient hibee
15-03-2016, 05:59 PM
Getting rid of the reserve league has been the biggest problem, the youth players are going from playing against young lads to be expected to go straight in to the 1st team, the reserve league gave the young lads a wee taste of what would be expected of them when they did make the 1st team squad, it has had a massive impact on bringing players through in Scotland since it was done away with.

Possibly the stupidest decision made.

Golden Bear
15-03-2016, 06:22 PM

Absolutely correct. It also allowed players returning from injury a chance to prove themselves in a competitive environment. The gruesome twosome weren't in favour of the reserve league and that was endsville apparently.

Billy Whizz
15-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Absolutely correct. It also allowed players returning from injury a chance to prove themselves in a competitive environment. The gruesome twosome weren't in favour of the reserve league and that was endsville apparently.

You can still play 5 overage players per game, we don't seem to be doing this though

MWHIBBIES
15-03-2016, 06:30 PM
What's wrong, the scouting of the right players, or the coaching and development of them?Currently Thomson, Hanlon, Cummings, Stevenson and Handling involved with the first team, wont be many teams in the world with 5 academy graduates in the first team squad.

greenginger
15-03-2016, 06:30 PM
I wonder how Celtic with 30 senior pro's manage to get them all some game time ?

Billy Whizz
15-03-2016, 06:34 PM
I wonder how Celtic with 30 senior pro's manage to get them all some game time ?

They have stacks of players out on loan

greenginger
15-03-2016, 06:49 PM
They have stacks of players out on loan

http://www.celticfc.net/team

30 players in current first team squad.

Further 9 players out on loan.