PDA

View Full Version : If stokes plays on wednesday with cummings and we lose (again)

hibeerealist
14-03-2016, 02:36 PM
Do we just accept that Stubbs thinks this partnership will work, eventually, or that he has no idea re his strikers and we will continue to the end of season with a one in 10/12 ratio of shots to goals?

His limited use of Boyle is very confusing, I cannot see where the lad has let us down when given a game - he, and others, must look at Stokes and think they could do better. He should have been introduced much earlier yesterday, 91 mins and one down really I a joke

Perhaps when he is reviewing his strikers he could take a minute to look at his goalkeeper whom I cannot believe he brought back this season an awarded a new contract!! There is a saying you don't win anything with kids, a truer saying would b you don't win anything with a dodgy keeper.

Stubbs - yesterday s a shocker I terms of the outcome. Maybe we would not have been open to our usual late breakaway goal if you had addressed the glaring issue of the paring up front not working!

pontius pilate
14-03-2016, 02:47 PM
Over the last 4/5weeks I have slowly turned into a anti stokes Fan I find him last and his passing is woeful at best yes he has had glimpses but surely to his he should be upto fitness. In the goalkeeping front I heard we had offered McGovern a contract I'm hoping when we go up he signs. Stubbs has really baffled me with his subs I wonder if it's in the loan agreement stokes has to play every game

Nicho87
14-03-2016, 02:49 PM
Signing a decent goalie one summer to late.

Big_Franck
14-03-2016, 04:12 PM
I'd be surprised and disappointed if we go with Cummings and Stokes again on wed. Also, like many others I am surprised at the lack of game time that Boyle gets. Our only genuine pace in the squad and he only seems to get a 5 or 10 minutes here and there.

Be interesting to see the team on Wednesday.

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Why does JC get off Scot free? Two games in recent times where JC was on bench or suspended, we played really well... Stokes and Keatings looked a good pairing as both mobile and intelligent footballers. Stokes is getting it tight for all the wrong reasons, what I see is a lad who is trying very, very hard to make something happen with very little help from his colleagues. On paper, hibs top goal scorer and a lad who should be playing at a level miles higher than the Scottish championship should work as a front pairing but it just isn't clicking.

Joe Baker2
14-03-2016, 04:23 PM
I'd like to see Stokes/Keatings start. Maybe sub Keatings with Cummings when the legs fail.

hibeerealist
14-03-2016, 04:25 PM
Why does JC get off Scot free? Two games in recent times where JC was on bench or suspended, we played really well... Stokes and Keatings looked a good pairing as both mobile and intelligent footballers. Stokes is getting it tight for all the wrong reasons, what I see is a lad who is trying very, very hard to make something happen with very little help from his colleagues. On paper, hibs top goal scorer and a lad who should be playing at a level miles higher than the Scottish championship should work as a front pairing but it just isn't clicking.

I am questioning the partnership, not the individuals we know their qualities butt hey don't seem to show that quality when paired together!

nellio
14-03-2016, 05:15 PM
I agree with the OP.

They just don't work well together but Stubbs seems determined to force it.

Pretty frustrating in truth.

Andy74
14-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Try Dagnall and Keatings or one with Farid.

His use of Dagnall has been odd, every game then hardly even bringing him on.

MWHIBBIES
14-03-2016, 05:20 PM
They aren't playing badly because they are playing together, they are playing badly full stop. Both should be dropped and made to earn their spots back.

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 05:36 PM

Cause he's single fish!? 😏

Pete
14-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Cause he's single fish!? 😏

If that's a question then the answer is no.

southern hibby
14-03-2016, 05:41 PM
Gents, I see things differently ( to a point) everyone nearly slates Stokes and before you do again maybe just maybe he's playing the roll he's asked too. Let me try and explain.

He constantly comes out of the box looking for the ball as does Cummings. He's out wide a lot as is Cummings. Now I'm only assuming this but if Stubbs didn't want him to do this he would either stop it or drop Stokes for doing it. I am in no way stoking up for Stokes and slating Stubbs I'm only wondering what instructions from Stubbs stokes has been given.

GGTTH

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 05:45 PM
If that's a question then the answer is no.

You're telling me he offers more than Stokes, Cummings, Keatings or Boyle? From what I've seen he's a trier but nothing special.

nellio
14-03-2016, 05:56 PM
Gents, I see things differently ( to a point) everyone nearly slates Stokes and before you do again maybe just maybe he's playing the roll he's asked too. Let me try and explain.

He constantly comes out of the box looking for the ball as does Cummings. He's out wide a lot as is Cummings. Now I'm only assuming this but if Stubbs didn't want him to do this he would either stop it or drop Stokes for doing it. I am in no way stoking up for Stokes and slating Stubbs I'm only wondering what instructions from Stubbs stokes has been given.

GGTTH

Kind of what I was getting at. Similar sort of players so they don't work that well together.

cabbageandribs1875
14-03-2016, 05:59 PM

GGTTH

:agree: it's not right that stokes/cummings have to come back to the midfield area just to get a touch of the ball in some games, they're strikers not attacking midfielders

Ronniekirk
14-03-2016, 06:05 PM
Given Farid scored against Dumbarton and ant featured since but has been on the bench i fond it strange he hasn't been brought on as a sub given our lack pf goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kentao
14-03-2016, 06:24 PM
I would drop the misfiring strikers and change to a 4-3-3 with Farid, Carmichael and Boyle providing the width. At least then our balls into the channels wont be wasted.

Michael
14-03-2016, 06:39 PM
I think that they could play together, but at present the team isn't set up to get the best from their partnership. Whenever we have two at the back without Boyle (or Carmichael if he ever played) we lack width and struggle to break teams down.

easty
14-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Our best two strikers are Cummings and Stokes. As a partnership it's no clicked, but I don't think they're too similar to play together. It's just no happened yet.

JimBHibees
14-03-2016, 07:13 PM
Do we just accept that Stubbs thinks this partnership will work, eventually, or that he has no idea re his strikers and we will continue to the end of season with a one in 10/12 ratio of shots to goals?

His limited use of Boyle is very confusing, I cannot see where the lad has let us down when given a game - he, and others, must look at Stokes and think they could do better. He should have been introduced much earlier yesterday, 91 mins and one down really I a joke

Perhaps when he is reviewing his strikers he could take a minute to look at his goalkeeper whom I cannot believe he brought back this season an awarded a new contract!! There is a saying you don't win anything with kids, a truer saying would b you don't win anything with a dodgy keeper.

Stubbs - yesterday s a shocker I terms of the outcome. Maybe we would not have been open to our usual late breakaway goal if you had addressed the glaring issue of the paring up front not working!

Ridiculous title. They did ok in the cup games v Hearts.

Smartie
14-03-2016, 07:22 PM
Ridiculous title. They did ok in the cup games v Hearts.

Stokes was anonymous in the first game, Cummings did little but scored a good goal.

Stokes grafted and did well in the second game, Cummings scored a decent goal but missed another glaring chance, acted like a wee fud and generally played poorly.

At no point has there ever been anything resembling a strike partnership between the 2.

There seemed to be the start of something between Keatings and Stokes in the ICT game but the fact that none of our strikers seem to play well with each other is our biggest problem at the moment.

Even against Alloa when we scored 3 and did well in the final 3rd Keatings and Dagnall looked generally out of sorts.

Hi Heid Yin
14-03-2016, 07:23 PM
From feeling excited anticipating Stokes imminent arrival, I now feel badly let down. Whether he partners Cummings or not, I really, really did expect him to hit the back of the net in every game or at least regularly, and especially in a cup final! This said, I still want to believe in his ability to deliver, but it's getting harder with each passing game. The results in the next two months will determine our future next season. It is imperative that Stokes goes on a scoring streak. Maybe it really is a case of getting him partnered with anybody but Cummings. I did at one time put Stokes in the Griffiths league - a striker who creates and scores from nothing, irrespective of who he plays along side, but I have changed my view entirely since he arrived in January.

Alfred E Newman
14-03-2016, 09:03 PM
It doesn't matter what combination we play up front if we are still relying on Gray and Stevenson to supply the amunition from wide positions. The quality of crossing from both and Stevenson in particular is abysmal.

FromTheCapital
14-03-2016, 09:21 PM
In the past 4 weeks, Stokes has offered us a lot more than Cummings. At least he puts a shift in which goes missed by those who continuously and quite pathetically scapegoat him.

Hi Heid Yin
14-03-2016, 09:23 PM
It doesn't matter what combination we play up front if we are still relying on Gray and Stevenson to supply the amunition from wide positions. The quality of crossing from both and Stevenson in particular is abysmal.

I agree re the quality of crossing from both. This does not help Stokes or any one else up front, but my point of Stokes creating and scoring from his own chances (like Griffiths does regularly) is still valid.

GreenArmyyy!
14-03-2016, 09:24 PM

Don't find it odd at all. Stubbs signed him thinking he was good, gave him plenty of chances and he hasn't scored a goal so doesn't get played anymore.

JimBHibees
14-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Stokes was anonymous in the first game, Cummings did little but scored a good goal.

Stokes grafted and did well in the second game, Cummings scored a decent goal but missed another glaring chance, acted like a wee fud and generally played poorly.

At no point has there ever been anything resembling a strike partnership between the 2.

There seemed to be the start of something between Keatings and Stokes in the ICT game but the fact that none of our strikers seem to play well with each other is our biggest problem at the moment.

Even against Alloa when we scored 3 and did well in the final 3rd Keatings and Dagnall looked generally out of sorts.

Both of their link up play in replay was good. Agree re Stokes and Keatings did well last week.

Edson Arantes
14-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Cummings? Aye ok

Stokes? No way

Forza Fred
14-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Without being over critical, I think it's fair to say that Stokes hasn't lived up to expectations, and he must be treated as a squad player from now on.

That doesn't mean he sits on the bench, but shouldn't automatically be given a spot either, which is the impression I have formed, when the team sheet is filled in.

As for Jason, like most youngsters, his form will rise and dip, he is by no means the finished article.

I'd start with him on the bench on Wednesday...we still have a battle in the league campaign, and a spell might do him some good.

eastmainsmsh
14-03-2016, 09:45 PM
Our best two strikers are Cummings and Stokes. As a partnership it's no clicked, but I don't think they're too similar to play together. It's just no happened yet.

It's stokes I just think he isn't match fit I think he and Cummings will click hopefully on wed

jacomo
15-03-2016, 08:26 AM

JC is still learning and delivered up until January.

It's pretty clear what's changed and where the problem lies, yet all the apologists are out in force...

It should be JC or Stokes fighting for a place. The partnership does not work. Sadly we lost our other first choice striker in January and it's unravelled.

Giro Playboy
15-03-2016, 08:45 AM
Jason Cummings is a selfish player with no positional awareness. He never brings other players into play or makes runs that take defenders away from other attackers. Stokes does all these things but playing him up front beside Cummings who doesn't anticipate his runs is a waste of time. Keatings looked good beside Stokes because he had the ability to work out where he was going to go and where the ball was going to end up. JC cant do these things.
JC has a nose for goal the same way Kris Boyd had but they are not team players

Martymck
15-03-2016, 08:49 AM
think the team own the fans a real good performances on wed stokes and Cummings in particular:gwa:.

Alfred E Newman
15-03-2016, 09:05 AM
Jason Cummings is a selfish player with no positional awareness. He never brings other players into play or makes runs that take defenders away from other attackers. Stokes does all these things but playing him up front beside Cummings who doesn't anticipate his runs is a waste of time. Keatings looked good beside Stokes because he had the ability to work out where he was going to go and where the ball was going to end up. JC cant do these things.

Is that not what coaches are for?

Alex Trager
15-03-2016, 09:11 AM
I am devastated that he isn't using farid at all. It's crazy.

Alex Trager
15-03-2016, 09:13 AM

I find that an interesting point about never bringing others into play considering Cummings regularly drops deep to collect the ball and again, regularly spreads it wide having done so.

CropleyWasGod
15-03-2016, 09:19 AM
I find that an interesting point about never bringing others into play considering Cummings regularly drops deep to collect the ball and again, regularly spreads it wide having done so.

That, for me, is the biggest change in JC's game this season. He does drop deep much more than he used to. The problem, though, is that he hasn't learned when to do it and when not to. That will come with experience and decent coaching.

Alex Trager
15-03-2016, 09:21 AM
That, for me, is the biggest change in JC's game this season. He does drop deep much more than he used to. The problem, though, is that he hasn't learned when to do it and when not to. That will come with experience and decent coaching.

It is frustrating because he shouldn't have to be dropping deep.

Farid has to be played along side them. Even have them in a three with farid in the middle and the others can feed off him

Iain G
15-03-2016, 09:35 AM
It is frustrating because he shouldn't have to be dropping deep.

Farid has to be played along side them. Even have them in a three with farid in the middle and the others can feed off him

If Stokes and Cummings are both dropping deep or looking for space outside the box then we need a striker who will stay in the box and provide a presence in there, Faird or Dagnall would provide a focal point for those attacks, or you drop one of Stokes / Cummings and play any one of Keatings/Dagnall/Farid up top.

Would like to see Stokes / Keatings or Stokes / Farid starting against ICT, preferably with Boyle or Carmichael (is he injured again?) giving some width and pace and allowing us to mix it up and give us options.

Alex Trager
15-03-2016, 09:36 AM
If Stokes and Cummings are both dropping deep or looking for space outside the box then we need a striker who will stay in the box and provide a presence in there, Faird or Dagnall would provide a focal point for those attacks, or you drop one of Stokes / Cummings and play any one of Keatings/Dagnall/Farid up top.

Would like to see Stokes / Keatings or Stokes / Farid starting against ICT, preferably with Boyle or Carmichael (is he injured again?) giving some width and pace and allowing us to mix it up and give us options.

Agreed.

yekimevol
15-03-2016, 11:09 AM
Stoke and JC up top havent been a great partnership but My biggest gripe is with the Diamond midfield that stubbs has been playing, teams have figured it out so change the system !

Alfred E Newman
15-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Stoke and JC up top havent been a great partnership but My biggest gripe is with the Diamond midfield that stubbs has been playing, teams have figured it out so change the system !

I heard Billy Dodds say on Saturday that County were pretty sure Hibs would play the diamond and had made their plans accordingly.

HappyHanlon
15-03-2016, 11:37 AM
Partnership isn't working, both have been dreadful.

Farid and Boyle up top for me.

Edson Arantes
15-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Partnership isn't working, both have been dreadful.

Farid and Boyle up top for me.

:thumbsup: :top marks

Maybe a wee bit harsh on Cummings but not on Stokes.

Iain G
15-03-2016, 11:42 AM
I heard Billy Dodds say on Saturday that County were pretty sure Hibs would play the diamond and had made their plans accordingly.

And Stubbs should have changed it around when it was clear how the opposition were lining up against us. Boyle on earlier and out wide running at fullbacks and Farid up top would have shaken it up.

Allant1981
15-03-2016, 11:48 AM
:thumbsup: :top marks

Maybe be a wee bit harsh on Cummings but not on Stokes.

Cummings has been off the boil recently, shouldnt have started on sunday

CapitalGreen
15-03-2016, 11:49 AM
And Stubbs should have changed it around when it was clear how the opposition were lining up against us. Boyle on earlier and out wide running at fullbacks and Farid up top would have shaken it up.

He should have, however he didn't change it after losing 3 on the bounce against mediocre opposition so it was no great surprise that he didn't on Sunday.

Brooster
15-03-2016, 12:04 PM

I agree. Any width we create comes from the full backs, we need to play with a winger in my opinion - it's the easiest and best way to break teams down. Gray has decent distribution, Lewis has terrible distribution. I would drop Thomson and Stokes - our form has really nose dived since they came on the scene. Cummings and Keatings up top for me on Wednesday, Keating in the 10 role.

ancient hibee
15-03-2016, 01:53 PM
Malonga is the only player that Cummings has been able to have a partnership with and that was because he is an experienced player and knew what to do.Now Stokes is the experienced player and should make this work.

Smartie
15-03-2016, 02:01 PM
Malonga is the only player that Cummings has been able to have a partnership with and that was because he is an experienced player and knew what to do.Now Stokes is the experienced player and should make this work.

I actually didn't think Malonga worked that well with Cummings last season but they looked much better together this season.

Cummings is a bit of a free spirit and I reckon he's probably quite hard to strike up a partnership with.

One of the best striking partnership performances I ever saw in the flesh was the time Stokes and Hooper tore us to pieces a few years ago at ER. Using that performance as a benchmark of what Stokes is capable of is probably why I've been disappointed with how it's worked out for him so far during this spell.

SeanWilson
15-03-2016, 02:12 PM
I actually didn't think Malonga worked that well with Cummings last season but they looked much better together this season.

Cummings is a bit of a free spirit and I reckon he's probably quite hard to strike up a partnership with.

One of the best striking partnership performances I ever saw in the flesh was the time Stokes and Hooper tore us to pieces a few years ago at ER. Using that performance as a benchmark of what Stokes is capable of is probably why I've been disappointed with how it's worked out for him so far during this spell.

:agree: Stokes and hooper in the cup final in 2013 were phenomenal

paddy1875
15-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Jason Cummings needs to learn to play the line up top. Stokes coming deep can control turn and play cutting through balls of the movement it right. When Jason comes deep his first touch isint good enough, he's young and still improving but he needs to mix things up. To many times he cuts inside and tries to shoot. He needs to take it down the line and put it in with his right foot, even if it's murder. Everything is becoming far to predictable with our play now. The exception of the home game against Alloa.

Smartie
15-03-2016, 02:31 PM
:agree: Stokes and hooper in the cup final in 2013 were phenomenal

They were, I'd actually forgotten about that one.

There was a game at ER when they beat us (I think) 5-0.

They were unbelievable that day.

Onion
15-03-2016, 02:42 PM
IMO Stubbs should drop both strikers - off form, not working and not good enough at the moment. They could have zero complaints. Farid & Keatings for me.

Leith Hibee
15-03-2016, 03:26 PM
I had this argument with another fan at the game who was berating stokes and how he "does nothing."

I have said it for a while now and will stand by it.......he is playing poor by his standards but is still doing twice as much in matches compared to Jason.

His movement is on a different level to Jason. Also, I think we may also find that Jason's first touch will ensure he will be a hibs player for a good few seasons yet.......he just wouldn't get away with that down south.

Imo there is only one out the two that Stubbs can drop and it would be Jason for me all day long

CmoantheHibs
15-03-2016, 03:49 PM
I had this argument with another fan at the game who was berating stokes and how he "does nothing."

I have said it for a while now and will stand by it.......he is playing poor by his standards but is still doing twice as much in matches compared to Jason.

His movement is on a different level to Jason. Also, I think we may also find that Jason's first touch will ensure he will be a hibs player for a good few seasons yet.......he just wouldn't get away with that down south.

Imo there is only one out the two that Stubbs can drop and it would be Jason for me all day long

I agree with this pretty much.Stokes plays in a more clever way and creates space for others with his runs.It just hasnt happened yet but it will shortly.I couldnt believe how bad Jasons first touch was at Hampden.The predicament is that its Jason that has scored a majority of our goals this season.He does have a nose for goal even without being a team player.

HibsNibs
15-03-2016, 04:07 PM
IMO Stubbs should drop both strikers - off form, not working and not good enough at the moment. They could have zero complaints. Farid & Keatings for me.

Agreed. The show ponies have had their chance(s)

monktonharp
15-03-2016, 04:13 PM
ICT have hardly scored any goals since the middle of January. they'll look forward to playing us. I would rather we played 4-5-1 and hit on the break with Boyle supporting Stokes.. we cant go into this one cavalier and get suckered again!. that way ICT would be out of their comfort zone, playing a team with similar tactics. at least for the first half, as we have everything to lose by going in gung-ho.

hibsbollah
15-03-2016, 04:18 PM
I'd start Stokes and Keatings. Cummings looks off the pace. Still convinced Stokes has goals in there.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2016, 05:45 PM
Cummings is a very poor player who has scored a lot of goals, yip sounds a stupid thing to say but without the goals we'd be as well playing with 10 men with what he contributes.

ancient hibee
15-03-2016, 05:54 PM

I thought Sunday was a very big game for Cummings in terms of his future-he was probably a bit het up-he's come a huge distance in a short time and his game has improved but he has a long way to go.If he wants to get to the top he has to have a long look at the types of strikers down south.He's obviously not going to get any taller so has to improve his strength-look at Aguerro he only gets pushed off the ball when he wants to be-he must get faster and he has to do something about his right foot.If he's got any sense he'll sign another contract and make his mistakes here while he improves.

Sorry all this is a bit off thread but it's a difficult decision.If he watches Stokes he'll see that he always makes a pass and runs for a return and he expects players to pass to him and do the same.A number of times on Sunday players passed to Stokes and then stood still as if to say "on you go."If Cummings works on just this-and that means he must be prepared to take passes on his "wrong" side -they could do the business for the rest of the season.

Alfred E Newman
15-03-2016, 05:55 PM
Cummings is a very poor player who has scored a lot of goals, yip sounds a stupid thing to say but without the goals we'd be as well playing with 10 men with what he contributes.

You are right, it is a stupid thing to say.

ancient hibee
15-03-2016, 05:55 PM

:top marks

HibbyAndy
15-03-2016, 05:59 PM

:top marks

eastterrace
15-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Jason Cummings is a selfish player with no positional awareness. He never brings other players into play or makes runs that take defenders away from other attackers. Stokes does all these things but playing him up front beside Cummings who doesn't anticipate his runs is a waste of time. Keatings looked good beside Stokes because he had the ability to work out where he was going to go and where the ball was going to end up. JC cant do these things. JC has a nose for goal the same way Kris Boyd had but they are not team players as long as he doesn't end up with a gut like boyd

truehibernian
15-03-2016, 06:03 PM

Very poor players don't score 30 yard screamers at Hamilton, 25 yard curlers v The Rangers, deft headers v Hearts, composed penalties in semi finals, shots on the turn v Aberdeen, cute 'dinks' over keepers at Ibrox.....

James Collins, Paul Heffernan, Rowan Vine - now they're not very good players....and adding context, they were seasoned strikers, Jason was landscape gardening three years ago, had been told he wasn't good enough and has more heart and ability than those three combined - and still a youngster !

Maybe want to tell Alex Neill he's not very good BH - seeing as he's keen to buy him.

eastterrace
15-03-2016, 06:05 PM
:agree: Stokes and hooper in the cup final in 2013 were phenomenal naw our goalie was just pish

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Very poor players don't score 30 yard screamers at Hamilton, 25 yard curlers v The Rangers, deft headers v Hearts, composed penalties in semi finals, shots on the turn v Aberdeen, cute 'dinks' over keepers at Ibrox.....

James Collins, Paul Heffernan, Rowan Vine - now they're not very good players....and adding context, they were seasoned strikers, Jason was landscape gardening three years ago, had been told he wasn't good enough and has more heart and ability than those three combined - and still a youngster !

Maybe want to tell Alex Neill he's not very good BH - seeing as he's keen to buy him.

I hope we get a huge fee for him, it will be his last

truehibernian
15-03-2016, 06:35 PM
I hope we get a huge fee for him, it will be his last

If it's his last its his last - he deserves anything he gets because he's working hard for it in a short space of time - he's the reason we're in a game tomorrow and not still wallowing in self pity.

I'd have a Jason Cummings in my squad all day long - he's proof you can 'make it' despite all the knock downs.

MWHIBBIES
15-03-2016, 06:36 PM

Maybe want to tell Alex Neill he's not very good BH - seeing as he's keen to buy him.Dunno what Paul Heffernan has done to be called ''not very good'', guy scored plenty of goals at good levels throughout his career.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2016, 06:43 PM
If it's his last its his last - he deserves anything he gets because he's working hard for it in a short space of time - he's the reason we're in a game tomorrow and not still wallowing in self pity.

I'd have a Jason Cummings in my squad all day long - he's proof you can 'make it' despite all the knock downs.

I'd also have him in the squad, as usual folk are dying to get their dig in with what I said without actually reading what I said. I have always said he's a good goalscorer, his goals have been terrific. Yet he's not great with his back to goal, poor in the air and his first touch is dire at times and average at best. When he's not scoring its like playing with a man short.

truehibernian
15-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Dunno what Paul Heffernan has done to be called ''not very good'', guy scored plenty of goals at good levels throughout his career.

In a Hibs context mate - Heff was topping up his sports pension at Hibs.

Ronniekirk
15-03-2016, 06:48 PM
I am devastated that he isn't using farid at all. It's crazy.

Devastated is a strong word but i had posted on another thread i found it surprising he hasn't been brought on as a sub if he is fit and given he is on the bench you have to assume he is fit Enough to play some part

SeanWilson
15-03-2016, 06:49 PM
naw our goalie was just pish

Naw, with reference to the original point, they were a proper front striker pairing. I think Stokes got man of the match that do for his overall play and assists rather than goals.

MWHIBBIES
15-03-2016, 06:49 PM
In a Hibs context mate - Heff was topping up his sports pension at Hibs.Was he injuring himself like? Started about 10 times...

truehibernian
15-03-2016, 06:52 PM
I'd also have him in the squad, as usual folk are dying to get their dig in with what I said without actually reading what I said. I have always said he's a good goalscorer, his goals have been terrific. Yet he's not great with his back to goal, poor in the air and his first touch is dire at times and average at best. When he's not scoring its like playing with a man short.

Wasn't having a go BH - but I've seen Deek and GOC, same age as JC, be two men short away to Caley, or away to Hearts, or at home to Dundee Utd........yet they were both fantastic players who I gladly paid to see.

I think he's learning all the time and learning his trade - he'll make mistakes, his nature means he's impetuous and also rash at times - but he's a talented finisher as his goals to games tally shows. Probably better than Leigh (same age comparison)

Paisley Hibby
15-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Over the last 4/5weeks I have slowly turned into a anti stokes Fan I find him last and his passing is woeful at best yes he has had glimpses but surely to his he should be upto fitness. In the goalkeeping front I heard we had offered McGovern a contract I'm hoping when we go up he signs. Stubbs has really baffled me with his subs I wonder if it's in the loan agreement stokes has to play every game

Stokes was on the bench against Alloa and didn't come on so there can't be any such clause?

I don't think Stokes is the problem. I believe its the predictable system we play. Interestingly, our line up in the Alloa game was not predictable. We played Boyle and I think his pace made a huge difference -as it could on Wednesday.

The_Horde
15-03-2016, 06:56 PM

Don't think that's strictly true. His all round play is coming on leaps and bounds this season.

The lads off form. It happens.

truehibernian
15-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Was he injuring himself like? Started about 10 times...

Not sure what you mean ? He had injuries but who didn't under Fenlon and Butcher ? Some I would argue weren't injured they merely didn't want to play.

As for Heffernan his Hibs career was easily forgettable and for me was not a very good player in his time here.

So yep - my stance is Jason Cummings = very good, Heff = very bad

Brooster
15-03-2016, 06:59 PM

Spot on. Too many folk too keen to slate the laddie because he hasnt scored in 3-4 games despite scoring almost a goal a game in his last 50 games. Jason has the world at his feet despite what the fireside fans have to say.

MWHIBBIES
15-03-2016, 07:10 PM
Not sure what you mean ? He had injuries but who didn't under Fenlon and Butcher ? Some I would argue weren't injured they merely didn't want to play.

As for Heffernan his Hibs career was easily forgettable and for me was not a very good player in his time here.

So yep - my stance is Jason Cummings = very good, Heff = very badWithout facts that is a nonsense statement. Heffernans Hibs career wasn't great mainly because of injuries, that doesn't make him a bad player, he was very good elsewhere.

truehibernian
15-03-2016, 07:13 PM
Without facts that is a nonsense statement. Heffernans Hibs career wasn't great mainly because of injuries, that doesn't make him a bad player, he was very good elsewhere.

I don't care or concern myself with how good he was elsewhere - I'm a Hibs fan.

George Best was the finest player you'll ever see - he wasn't very good at Hibs !

And yes, I'll wager some under Fenlon and Butcher spun out 'injuries' - and it's not a nonsense statement. I'm sure there will be some posters who'd agree.

Brooster
15-03-2016, 07:15 PM
I don't care or concern myself with how good he was elsewhere - I'm a Hibs fan.

George Best was the finest player you'll ever see - he wasn't very good at Hibs !

And yes, I'll wager some under Fenlon and Butcher spun out 'injuries' - and it's not a nonsense statement. I'm sure there will be some posters who'd agree.

Spot on again. One of the starting 11 from Sunday has done the same.....which is why I cant stand seeing him in a Hibs shirt.

hibsbollah
15-03-2016, 07:20 PM

Hijack alert, but what makes you say that? Best had some magnificent performances for us in between his much publicised personal problems in 1979. He destroyed Celtic almost singlehandedly on one memorable day and was still head and shoulders above his teammates in that miserable season. 'Wasn't very good' is a poor, insufficient description IMO.

truehibernian
15-03-2016, 07:49 PM
Hijack alert, but what makes you say that? Best had some magnificent performances for us in between his much publicised personal problems in 1979. He destroyed Celtic almost singlehandedly on one memorable day and was still head and shoulders above his teammates in that miserable season. 'Wasn't very good' is a poor, insufficient description IMO.

He wasn't very good at Hibs bollah, sorry - yep, flashes of brilliance but over the piece a very very expensive and pointless PR exercise. And we were relegated.

I say this because I loved Best - a player who was the Messi of his era - but he was a PR stunt by Hart. I remember chatting to Eddie Turnbull about it in the street when ET was a pensioner - had a blether in Stockbridge with him regularly - never again, thought he was going to rip my head off when I mentioned Best !!.

Billy Whizz
15-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Spot on again. One of the starting 11 from Sunday has done the same.....which is why I cant stand seeing him in a Hibs shirt.

Who

3pm
15-03-2016, 07:57 PM
Who

Thomson I assume.

Smartie
15-03-2016, 08:00 PM

I agree with this and I think Stokes is similar.

We could probably carry one at a time, we can't carry both.

Dagnall's not scoring either but when he plays he puts himself about and makes more of a nuisance of himself than these 2 do. If Boyle was playing and not scoring at least his pace and the threat he poses in behind would create space for other players. If Farid plays but doesn't score at least he'll win headers, bully defenders and maybe create something for a partner with those flick-ons.

We can't carry Stokes and Cummings when they're not scoring and currently they're not.

I'll be furious if they start together tomorrow night.

Ronniekirk
15-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Interesting piece by tam mcmanus on bbc sport stating he thinks Cummings needs a rest and stokes to partner Keating's or dagnall
Yet the headline indicates he doesn't think the stokes signing has worked with 2 goals in eleven and Jason one goal in his last seven appearances he claims
Farid or Boyle don't get A mention

truehibernian
15-03-2016, 10:08 PM
Interesting piece by tam mcmanus on bbc sport stating he thinks Cummings needs a rest and stokes to partner Keating's or dagnall
Yet the headline indicates he doesn't think the stokes signing has worked with 2 goals in eleven and Jason one goal in his last seven appearances he claims
Farid or Boyle don't get A mention

Ronnie, Stokes and Keatings work, as do Farid and Cummings - I said pre final I'd have gone Stokes/Keatings and played Boyle.

I think there's maybe a 'Celtic' connection with Stokes and Keatings and they linked well v Caley.

Boyle needs game time - he's bursting with energy and pace and under used.

H18 SFR
15-03-2016, 10:17 PM
I'd like to see Stokes/Keatings start. Maybe sub Keatings with Cummings when the legs fail.

JC better be stripped and ready to replace AS pretty quickly then...

easty
15-03-2016, 10:24 PM
Ronnie, Stokes and Keatings work, as do Farid and Cummings - I said pre final I'd have gone Stokes/Keatings and played Boyle.

I think there's maybe a 'Celtic' connection with Stokes and Keatings and they linked well v Caley.

Boyle needs game time - he's bursting with energy and pace and under used.

Can we really say that Stokes and Keatings 'work' as a partnership solely based on a few moments of one game of football?

truehibernian
15-03-2016, 10:32 PM
Can we really say that Stokes and Keatings 'work' as a partnership solely based on a few moments of one game of football?

Stokes debut Keatings had an assist, Keatings goal v ICT Stokes was instrumental - they've rarely played together for any length of time. I just think Keatings movement suits Stokes more.

Ideally I'd go for Farid (if fit) and Jason. When you look at where Jason's scored most of his goals I think Farid could do the deeper, 'dirtier' job and let Jason be in the penalty box more.

Captain Trips
15-03-2016, 11:05 PM
Stokes came in while the League challenge was still very much on, he has scored 2 goals while we have slipped into a battle now for 2nd so it hasn't worked. Why it has not worked? Due to style of play or striking partners?

wee davie
15-03-2016, 11:18 PM
Why do people go on about boyle apart from having a bit pace he runs about like a headless chicken

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

shetlandhibee
15-03-2016, 11:37 PM
i agree ,,watching at hampden not one ball that was floated forward or crossed into the box was won bye jc, or as, in the air ide like to see farid partner jc,, or stokes he maybe(and im guessing thats the only reason hes not starting!)isnt as mobile after his injury ,but he certainly wins more than his share of airiel duels and jase or stokes playing alongside him could be a good formula IMHO against sit in sides, even for 20 30 minutes a game it could make all the difference :agree:

Sunshine Scott
16-03-2016, 02:16 AM
Stokes needs dropped, but sadly won't be.

southern hibby
16-03-2016, 04:27 AM
Said on another thread that to me Stokes is playing EXACTLY as Stubbs wants him to play. If he didn't play as Stubbs wanted then in my mind one of two things would happen. Firstly AS would have a word with Stokes and chance his play OR he would be dropped.

Now as neither has happened that makes me think that stokes is being used to try and link up between midfield and strikers and constantly coming short or going out wide. If we had a winger on then that would obviously chance his play.
Also one other thing to ponder over. I've read on Hibs Net that our problems stated when Stokes and tommo came in, not disputing this but maybe just maybe our problems started when Malonga left. We can argue and discuss all day different tactics substitutions etc but what happens in the background only a few of us will ever be privi too and unfortunately I ain't one.

GGTTH

scottish_sleepy
16-03-2016, 06:38 AM
Said on another thread that to me Stokes is playing EXACTLY as Stubbs wants him to play. If he didn't play as Stubbs wanted then in my mind one of two things would happen. Firstly AS would have a word with Stokes and chance his play OR he would be dropped.

Now as neither has happened that makes me think that stokes is being used to try and link up between midfield and strikers and constantly coming short or going out wide. If we had a winger on then that would obviously chance his play.
Also one other thing to ponder over. I've read on Hibs Net that our problems stated when Stokes and tommo came in, not disputing this but maybe just maybe our problems started when Malonga left. We can argue and discuss all day different tactics substitutions etc but what happens in the background only a few of us will ever be privi too and unfortunately I ain't one.

GGTTH

Most people are forgetting that we've been missing Fyvie and McGeouch for the majority of our bad run. They make a big difference to the way we play.
Far easier to simply blame Stokes though.
Messi would struggle to score with the service he's been receiving.
The worrying thing for me is that most people knew we needed width on Sunday apart from the management team.
Always going through the middle makes a team so simple to defend against.

Heisenberg
16-03-2016, 07:52 AM
Going by what Stubbs has been saying in the papers I'd not be surprised to see them start up front again tonight.

Turkish Green
16-03-2016, 08:22 AM
I consider Stokes to be a bit of a jinx on the team. The side looks imbalanced when he plays and it is clear that Cummings is uncomfortable playing beside him. Nevertheless, Stokes is the quality striker so I would team him up with Keatings.

AL-Qaholik
16-03-2016, 08:23 AM
Going by what Stubbs has been saying in the papers I'd not be surprised to see them start up front again tonight.

Genuinely starting to wonder if it's a case of both of them being undroppable for different reasons...

Seems like Stokes might be contractually guaranteed game time and dropping Cummings would make it far more likely that he'll move on in the summer.

Personally, neither of these really wash with me. If Stokes isn't performing, and he isn't, then he should be dropped regardless of any promises made when he signed. The club is more important.

Same with Cummings. If he can't handle being dropped, he's not gonna get far in football anyway...

easty
16-03-2016, 08:30 AM
Genuinely starting to wonder if it's a case of both of them being undroppable for different reasons...

Seems like Stokes might be contractually guaranteed game time and dropping Cummings would make it far more likely that he'll move on in the summer.

Personally, neither of these really wash with me. If Stokes isn't performing, and he isn't, then he should be dropped regardless of any promises made when he signed. The club is more important.

Same with Cummings. If he can't handle being dropped, he's not gonna get far in football anyway...

I don't believe that Stokes contract means he has to play for us. I do believe that Stubbs is well aware that he's our best forward player, and that he plays him because of what he's capable of doing.

Who's saying Cummings can't handle being dropped?

Borderhibbie76
16-03-2016, 09:29 AM
High time both were dropped and il be raging if both start again 2nite..Stubbs persevering with this pair is slowly but surely damaging our season and potentially his job if results don't pick up. I'm a Stubbs fan but if we don't get up there will be pressure on him make no mistake about that...and his insistence that these 2 start is costing us big time just now. As a pairing they just don't work

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

AL-Qaholik
16-03-2016, 09:31 AM
I don't believe that Stokes contract means he has to play for us. I do believe that Stubbs is well aware that he's our best forward player, and that he plays him because of what he's capable of doing.

Who's saying Cummings can't handle being dropped?

I didn't mean that anyone had specifically said he couldn't handle it - it was more just a suggestion that I hope Stubbs isn't just keeping him in the team to for fear of how he might react. None of us will ever know what goes on behind the scenes - Cummings may well very take being dropped in a completely professional manner.

I'm just trying to work out why Stubbs seems hell bent on playing a partnership that clearly doesn't work...

chrisski33
16-03-2016, 09:52 AM
Going by what stubbs has said i reckon he will start with stokes and cummings again.

Craig_in_Prague
16-03-2016, 09:54 AM
High time both were dropped and il be raging if both start again 2nite..Stubbs persevering with this pair is slowly but surely damaging our season and potentially his job if results don't pick up. I'm a Stubbs fan but if we don't get up there will be pressure on him make no mistake about that...and his insistence that these 2 start is costing us big time just now. As a pairing they just don't work

Be prepared to be raging!
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/cummings-and-stokes-will-come-good-for-hibs-insists-stubbs-1-4072131

Super_JMcGinn
16-03-2016, 10:09 AM
Stokes needs dropped, but sadly won't be.
I think Jason should be dropped and Keatings brought in to partner Stokes, Jason's form has dipped dramatically recently for whatever reason.

jacomo
16-03-2016, 10:11 AM
I think Jason should be dropped and Keatings brought in to partner Stokes, Jason's form has dipped dramatically recently for whatever reason.

I think the reason is staring us in the face. Him and Stokes don't play well together.

Hibs90
16-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Looks like he's sticking with it. Can bet on us not to score tonight now thanks Alan.

Lago
16-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Yip defending the pairing of them and indicating he won't be changing it despite criticism.

Borderhibbie76
16-03-2016, 10:39 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/cummings-and-stokes-will-come-good-for-hibs-insists-stubbs-1-4072131
Yup saw that mate 😠🔫

Super_JMcGinn
16-03-2016, 10:39 AM
Looks like he's sticking with it. Can bet on us not to score tonight now thanks Alan.
Quite incredibly the bookies have us quite strong favs to win, perhaps they know something we don't, here's hoping :aok:

hibbysam
16-03-2016, 11:18 AM
Quite incredibly the bookies have us quite strong favs to win, perhaps they know something we don't, here's hoping :aok:

We're not "Strong favourites"

We are favourites, marginally, on Bet365 we are 7/5 while Inverness are 9/5.. They have it as tight as we all know it is going to be... I'd have had the odds the other way about due to home advantage and our record up there.

Super_JMcGinn
16-03-2016, 11:25 AM
We're not "Strong favourites"

We are favourites, marginally, on Bet365 we are 7/5 while Inverness are 9/5.. They have it as tight as we all know it is going to be... I'd have had the odds the other way about due to home advantage and our record up there.
Inverness are 11/5 with Betvictor.

Captain Trips
16-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Stokes was brought in to surely have us fight it out for automatic promotion so stage one has failed as I lay blame totally at feet of the midfield for lack of urgency at times and our forwards. Part one of having Stokes here has failed so now we are looking at playoff.

If fit I would like Farid to start and get 90mins as nobody else has justified starting.

MWHIBBIES
16-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Love how people on here expect Stubbs to bend over and do what they tell him. He knows FAR more about the situation than anyone on here, he is best placed to make the decision.

Toldo123
16-03-2016, 11:34 AM

He is a very good finisher undoubtedl and has scored some very good goals this season, some against teams from higher divisions. I woud argue however that he does not bring much to the team in terms of build up play.

If hibs do cash in on him in the Summer to an english championship team, I could genuinely see him struggling in that league. His lack of pace and physicality would be his undoing.

The_Horde
16-03-2016, 11:37 AM

Absolutely nothing wrong with that interview.

Backing his players is Alan's strength.

I honestly think people on here get turned on by brewing negativity.

superfurryhibby
16-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Love how people on here expect Stubbs to bend over and do what they tell him. He knows FAR more about the situation than anyone on here, he is best placed to make the decision.

I wouldn't expect Stubbs to do what anyone on he tells him. I would expect him to recognise the glaringly obvious and concede that Stokes and Cummings don't work as a pairing and that playing Thomson and Bartlet together in centre mid is not a great option.

Most fans have a reasonable insight into the game, there's always room for a bizarre opinion etc but our failings have been obvious i n recent weeks. I would expect the manager to have the savvy to make alterations to tactics and personnel when the situation demands. Worryingly, Stubbs seems to be entrenching himself into a position where he will be forced to fall by his decisions. He needs to be strong minded, not bloody minded.

Captain Trips
16-03-2016, 11:41 AM

No we express our thoughts in full knowledge Stubbs knows more about the situation. I assume you have never questioned a substitute or tactical decision from any of our managers now and in past that regardless of how good or bad knew more about the situation than us.

If I have a thought on team selection this is exactly the place to discuss what do you suggest goes on in here? Blow smoke up everyone's arse?

Unseen work
16-03-2016, 11:50 AM
I think it's more both aren't on form right now than they can't play together.

easty
16-03-2016, 11:52 AM
He is a very good finisher undoubtedl and has scored some very good goals this season, some against teams from higher divisions. I woud argue however that he does not bring much to the team in terms of build up play.

If hibs do cash in on him in the Summer to an english championship team, I could genuinely see him struggling in that league. His lack of pace and physicality would be his undoing.

Neither does Paul Hanlon, but - like Cummings - that's no really what he's there for either. Cummings is in the side to score goals, which he's done 20 times this season. Which he did 21 times last season. He's a 20 year old laddie playing his second full season in the first team, he hasn't scored for 4 games, I'll no be writing him off just yet like.

easty
16-03-2016, 11:58 AM
I think it's more both aren't on form right now than they can't play together.

:agree:

Toldo123
16-03-2016, 12:05 PM
Neither does Paul Hanlon, but - like Cummings - that's no really what he's there for either. Cummings is in the side to score goals, which he's done 20 times this season. Which he did 21 times last season. He's a 20 year old laddie playing his second full season in the first team, he hasn't scored for 4 games, I'll no be writing him off just yet like.

I am not writing him off, I just feel that he has a lot to learn and improve on before he is ready to step up to a higher level.

The majority of top class strikers are able to link the play and provide an all round threat to defences, dragging players out of position, competing physically with defenders etc and as he is part of a striking partneship, it is his job to link well with his partner. To say a strikers jobis just to score goals is simplistic at best.

easty
16-03-2016, 12:11 PM
I am not writing him off, I just feel that he has a lot to learn and improve on before he is ready to step up to a higher level.

The majority of top class strikers are able to link the play and provide an all round threat to defences, dragging players out of position, competing physically with defenders etc and as he is part of a striking partneship, it is his job to link well with his partner. To say a strikers jobis just to score goals is simplistic at best.

He's not a top class striker, he's a good young striker with potential playing in Scotland.

Give me a striker with Cummings strike rate any-day over someone who can link the play or bully defenders, but gets half as many goals. Goals win games, and if Cummings scores but offers nowt else whatsoever, I'll take that.

easty
16-03-2016, 12:14 PM
As for tonight, I'm more interested to see how McGinn does, than worry about who'll start up front. Yogi would have watched the game on Sunday, saw that if you can get a player to stick on McGinn and nullify him, then it makes a big difference to how we can play. I'd be surprised if they don't try to get someone to play the Jackson Irvine role for them.

Smartie
16-03-2016, 12:24 PM
As for tonight, I'm more interested to see how McGinn does, than worry about who'll start up front. Yogi would have watched the game on Sunday, saw that if you can get a player to stick on McGinn and nullify him, then it makes a big difference to how we can play. I'd be surprised if they don't try to get someone to play the Jackson Irvine role for them.

I'd be happy for them to do so.

All the more space then for Henderson, Boyle, Stokes and several others to play.

We're never a one man team (we have been in the past) and to treat us as such would be a mistake.

Irvine's marking job on McGinn played a part in their victory but there was way, way more to it than just that.

Turkish Green
16-03-2016, 12:26 PM

People forget that 2 years ago Cummings was playing for Hutchie Vale U19s. He is a penalty box player who picks up a lot of his goals from opposition errors in the box. Since being partnered with Stokes he has been played more towards the halfway line and hence his goal chances have reduced.

I am really flummoxed as to the team selection for tonight. I am siding towards Stokes / Keatings with Jason coming off the bench. But what is more worrying is if ICT snuff out McGinn as RC did.

easty
16-03-2016, 12:39 PM
I'd be happy for them to do so.

All the more space then for Henderson, Boyle, Stokes and several others to play.

We're never a one man team (we have been in the past) and to treat us as such would be a mistake.

Irvine's marking job on McGinn played a part in their victory but there was way, way more to it than just that.

I agree, we're not a one man team, but he's definitely one of our best players, and Ross County dealt with him really well.

Sunshine Scott
16-03-2016, 01:08 PM
This place will go into meltdown if hibs get knocked out, and we're all proved right about stokes+cummings.
It's time to change the front line alan.

easty
16-03-2016, 01:09 PM
This place will go into meltdown if hibs get knocked out, and we're all proved right about stokes+cummings.

If we get beat tonight then that proves Stokes and Cummings doesn't work? Good yin.

Coco Bryce
16-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Calm down everyone...

Hibs haven't lost away in the Scottish Cup since against Ayr in Jan 2011 :greengrin

Inverness have not won any of their last 6 matches in all competitions :thumbsup:

The_Horde
16-03-2016, 01:33 PM

This place is already in meltdown.

Super_JMcGinn
16-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Given our league position I would now rather win against Raith than tonight. We will be in the play offs and given our brutal luck where injuries are concerned our priority now has to be to finish second and push on from there.
There is no doubt our cup runs have impacted on our league form and with suspensions and injury kicking in we can ill afford a build up of games as the league draws to a close.

Smartie
16-03-2016, 02:10 PM
Given our league position I would now rather win against Raith than tonight. We will be in the play offs and given our brutal luck where injuries are concerned our priority now has to be to finish second and push on from there.
There is no doubt our cup runs have impacted on our league form and with suspensions and injury kicking in we can ill afford a build up of games as the league draws to a close.

Crazy talk.

A good result and performance tonight breathes life into our season.

A poor result and performance means our doubt are multiplied going into our remaining league games.

This game's exactly what we need after Sunday imo.

Captain Trips
16-03-2016, 02:16 PM
I think it is a good thing to not be right back into league business. Every match is important now we have to from tonight start scoring. Low and hard into box on more occasions.

Diclonius
16-03-2016, 02:37 PM
Calm down everyone...

Hibs haven't lost away in the Scottish Cup since against Ayr in Jan 2011 :greengrin

That isn't an impressive statistic once you take into account where Hibs have gone out of the SC in the last ten years.

Home: 2
Away: 3
Hampden: 5

ihibs7
16-03-2016, 03:57 PM
Amazingly enough we've only lost 1 of our last ten or so Scottish cup quarter finals - against Ross county under Hughes.

silverhibee
16-03-2016, 04:10 PM
Take it Stokes is starting tonight.

Sioux
16-03-2016, 04:23 PM

There must be a competition on: 1st prize to the person who can come out with the biggest pile of muck. The contestants are plentiful this week.

shetlandhibee
16-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Crazy talk.

A good result and performance tonight breathes life into our season.

A poor result and performance means our doubt are multiplied going into our remaining league games.

This game's exactly what we need after Sunday imo.
:top marks:agree:

lapsedhibee
16-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Take it Stokes is starting tonight.

That or buzzing.

lapsedhibee
16-03-2016, 04:43 PM
That isn't an impressive statistic once you take into account where Hibs have gone out of the SC in the last ten years.

Home: 2
Away: 3
Hampden: 5

So, reached at least the semi-final of the SC every second season - that's not all that bad shirley? Have even the yams, with their very special relationship with the SC, averaged that?
:dunno:

Smartie
16-03-2016, 04:50 PM
So, reached at least the semi-final of the SC every second season - that's not all that bad shirley? Have even the yams, with their very special relationship with the SC, averaged that?
:dunno:

It's not that bad but I would figure that on that basis we should be winning it every 8 years.

We are, ahem, not doing so well on the statistic that really matters.

silverhibee
16-03-2016, 05:36 PM
That or buzzing.

Well he hasn't tweeted anything about going all the way up to Inverness to sit on his arse, so presume he starts. :greengrin

NorthHibees
16-03-2016, 05:59 PM
Both in the starting line up tonight against Inverness.

ekhibee
16-03-2016, 06:04 PM
Wasn't having a go BH - but I've seen Deek and GOC, same age as JC, be two men short away to Caley, or away to Hearts, or at home to Dundee Utd........yet they were both fantastic players who I gladly paid to see.

I think he's learning all the time and learning his trade - he'll make mistakes, his nature means he's impetuous and also rash at times - but he's a talented finisher as his goals to games tally shows. Probably better than Leigh (same age comparison)
Cummings is probably nearer in ability to O'Connor, who took a while to develop but turned into a good player. Riordan IMO always had more natural ability and was always a good player in that first stint. A lot of people were getting on O'Connor's back earlier in his Hibs career too, I remember somebody trying to attack him in the dugout when Williamson was manager, but he turned into a really good player the season after that. O'Connor was a good passer as well, not just a good striker, that's something Cummings maybe needs to work on a bit more. I still think he's a good player, but he still has a few pretty obvious aspects to his game that need improved upon IMO.

Diclonius
16-03-2016, 07:32 PM
I'm just going to leave this thread up here at the top for later. :wink:

Famous Fiver
16-03-2016, 07:58 PM
Can we now change the title of this thread to

If Stokes and Cummings play against ICT and we WIN?

keep the faith
16-03-2016, 08:02 PM

Hahaha!!!!

SeanWilson
16-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Bump

Diclonius
16-03-2016, 08:48 PM
I'm guessing this forum will be a little quieter till next time we lose.

emerald green
16-03-2016, 09:02 PM

Aye OK then Sunshine. :faf:

hibeerealist
10-04-2016, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=hibeerealist;4618955]Do we just accept that Stubbs thinks this partnership will work, eventually, or that he has no idea re his strikers and we will continue to the end of season with a one in 10/12 ratio of shots to goals?

His limited use of Boyle is very confusing, I cannot see where the lad has let us down when given a game

Sadly, it is clear that Stubbs thinks they can play together an are a good partnership evidenced by the fact he has played them every game since!!

I wish I was wrong and we had won every game since I posted this, I wish I was wrong and second place was secured with a few games to go!!

Not sure why Stubbsy persists but it has cost us big time and even the happy clappers must see it by now.

Yes, the season is not finished yet, but fail to win on Tuesday and lose on Saturday then the baw is truly burst and it really is all over when it could have been soooo different.

Ronniekirk
10-04-2016, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE=hibeerealist;4618955]Do we just accept that Stubbs thinks this partnership will work, eventually, or that he has no idea re his strikers and we will continue to the end of season with a one in 10/12 ratio of shots to goals?

His limited use of Boyle is very confusing, I cannot see where the lad has let us down when given a game

Sadly, it is clear that Stubbs thinks they can play together an are a good partnership evidenced by the fact he has played them every game since!!

I wish I was wrong and we had won every game since I posted this, I wish I was wrong and second place was secured with a few games to go!!

Not sure why Stubbsy persists but it has cost us big time and even the happy clappers must see it by now.

Yes, the season is not finished yet, but fail to win on Tuesday and lose on Saturday then the baw is truly burst and it really is all over when it could have been soooo different.

Happy Clappers will say stick with them and they will do the business in the play off s when it really matters

My concern is that just like winning became a habit so can losing games
However the players i suspect will see the next two games as big games so lets see if we can raise our game and win these two