PDA

View Full Version : Hibs.net bus gripe - Four who won't be using it again.

iwasthere1972
14-03-2016, 02:09 PM
I decided that I wasn't going to post last night and kept off Hibs.net until today as it would give me time to reflect on yesterday and give me ample time to sober up after being up town last night to drown my sorrows.

Our party of four were due to get the Hibs.net bus from Kaimes with a pick up time of 11.50am. Going by past experiences the bus has never, as far as I can remember been on time and is generally ten or fifteen minutes late, so we decided that we would be at the pick up point at 11.50am as that's the time that was advertised. The other eight in the party boarded the bus at Easter Road so I had a contact on the bus who I was able to communicate with by text. I was therefore surprised to receive a text from my mate on the bus at 11.44am saying that the bus had gone and couldn't wait for us. We were only in my sister's house getting ready to leave for the two minute walk to the bus stop for the pick up. Despite requests to the driver that we were on our way he said he couldn't wait. Fair enough if it was past 11.50am but this was before it. Even more annoyed by this action as in previous years we've had to put up with the buses being late, breaking down and only just getting into Hampden in time for the kick off. Also replacement buses that wouldn't look out of place in a motor museum. Even last year coming back from Hampden we had to sit and wait for half an hour or so while some folk were getting drink for the journey back to Edinburgh.

After realising that we weren't going to be on the bus to Hampden we decided to make our own way there by bus to the city centre, train to Glasgow and a taxi from Queen Street to Hampden. Got there about ten minutes after kick off. Not only the inconvenience but the extra expense as well. Good job we weren't strapped for cash. One of our party of four after hearing that the bus had gone even decided that he wouldn't bother coming and went home to watch the match on telly. So his ticket just went in the bin.

It will have no affect on Hibs.net buses in the future but we will certainly not be travelling on their organised buses again. On the whole they do an excellent service but we've had enough.

Rant over.

GreenArmyyy!
14-03-2016, 02:13 PM
I decided that I wasn't going to post last night and kept off Hibs.net until today as it would give me time to reflect on yesterday and give me ample time to sober up after being up town last night to drown my sorrows.

Our party of four were due to get the Hibs.net bus from Kaimes with a pick up time of 11.50am. Going by past experiences the bus has never, as far as I can remember been on time and is generally ten or fifteen minutes late, so we decided that we would be at the pick up point at 11.50am as that's the time that was advertised. The other eight in the party boarded the bus at Easter Road so I had a contact on the bus who I was able to communicate with by text. I was therefore surprised to receive a text from my mate on the bus at 11.44am saying that the bus had gone and couldn't wait for us. We were only in my sister's house getting ready to leave for the two minute walk to the bus stop for the pick up. Despite requests to the driver that we were on our way he said he couldn't wait. Fair enough if it was past 11.50am but this was before it. Even more annoyed by this action as in previous years we've had to put up with the buses being late, breaking down and only just getting into Hampden in time for the kick off. Also replacement buses that wouldn't look out of place in a motor museum. Even last year coming back from Hampden we had to sit and wait for half an hour or so while some folk were getting drink for the journey back to Edinburgh.

After realising that we weren't going to be on the bus to Hampden we decided to make our own way there by bus to the city centre, train to Glasgow and a taxi from Queen Street to Hampden. Got there about ten minutes after kick off. Not only the inconvenience but the extra expense as well. Good job we weren't strapped for cash. One of our party of four after hearing that the bus had gone even decided that he wouldn't bother coming and went home to watch the match on telly. So his ticket just went in the bin.

It will have no affect on Hibs.net buses in the future but we will certainly not be travelling on their organised buses again. On the whole they do an excellent service but we've had enough.

Rant over.

That is absolutely terrible, as if yesterday wasn't bad enough. Your mate probably made the right decision in the end! Not that that matters. Hopefully you at least get an apology.

Nicho87
14-03-2016, 02:45 PM
Horrible stuff mate. Feel your pain i lost my ticket for north stand had to try and jog round to ticket office and buy a brand a new one and then plead with the steward to let me in to my orignal north stand seat. Bad day

BoomtownHibees
14-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Horrible stuff mate. Feel your pain i lost my ticket for north stand had to try and jog round to ticket office and buy a brand a new one and then plead with the steward to let me in to my orignal north stand seat. Bad day

There was a policeman on a horse outside the North Stand with a ticket that somebody had dropped. That was about 2.45

iwasthere1972
14-03-2016, 02:48 PM
That is absolutely terrible, as if yesterday wasn't bad enough. Your mate probably made the right decision in the end! Not that that matters. Hopefully you at least get an apology.

Thanks for that. Might just train and taxi it for the Scottish Cup semi final and final trips. :aok:

Nicho87
14-03-2016, 02:50 PM
There was a policeman on a horse outside the North Stand with a ticket that somebody had dropped. That was about 2.45

Your joking me. Thatll definatley be mine bud. ****.

cabbageandribs1875
14-03-2016, 02:56 PM

coincidentally, waiting in the queue with my bro inlaw and i couldn't find both tickets that i was keeping safe :rolleyes: no idea how the heck i could lose one, guy behind us noticed what was happening and very kindly gave me a spare ticket he had, thanked him very much, so...if the guy reads this i owe you a few pints :aok:

hibee
14-03-2016, 02:59 PM
Also replacement buses that wouldn't look out of place in a motor museum.

That bit brought back some memories, the last time we used the bus it was an ancient double decker, we were on the back seat and had to keep standing up to let our trousers cool off due to the engine heat and could hardly breathe because of the fumes. Don't think that bus ever hit 40mph on the way home either. As usual we had lost and just wanted to get home quickly!

I just take the car now.

HibbyAndy
14-03-2016, 03:02 PM

Rant over.

Just to back up this story, I'm the mate, I'm the guy, I'm the contact off his that was on the bus as the bus proceeded to pelt up the motorway on Burdiehouse ( And by the way the driver missed the turn for the bypass and went as far sainsburys before doing a u turn back onto the motorway) We told the bus Conveyer and the driver that our party were waiting at Burdiehouse for the pick up but were ignored!

The fact that 4 off my party never got on that bus left me riddled with guilt...The bus was more than 5 minutes early for the Kaimes pick up point and SHOULD have waited.

DaveF
14-03-2016, 03:07 PM
Just to back up this story, I'm the mate, I'm the guy, I'm the contact off his that was on the bus as the bus proceeded to pelt up the motorway on Burdiehouse ( And by the way the driver missed the turn for the bypass and went as far sainsburys before doing a u turn back onto the motorway) We told the bus Conveyer and the driver that our party were waiting at Burdiehouse for the pick up but were ignored!

The fact that 4 off my party never got on that bus left me riddled with guilt...The bus was more than 5 minutes early for the Kaimes pick up point and SHOULD have waited.

Andy,

We thought long and hard about using this lot but decided to give it one more go. Safe to say that will not be happening again should we ever get back to Hampden. We are in PM contact with the OP.

Can only apologise for what occurred.

HibbyAndy
14-03-2016, 03:08 PM
Andy,

We thought long and hard about using this lot but decided to give it one more go. Safe to say that will not be happening again should we ever get back to Hampden. We are in PM contact with the OP.

Can only apologise for what occurred.

No you're fault Dave :aok:

iwasthere1972
14-03-2016, 03:26 PM
No you're fault Dave :aok:

No your fault either Andy. :aok:

HibbyAndy
14-03-2016, 03:37 PM
No your fault either Andy. :aok:

Cheers Rab, Listen mate IF...IF......We get back to Hampden for the semi final we will get a proper catch up and a few beers :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
14-03-2016, 04:34 PM
Was it McKendrys?

Albanian Hibs
14-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Was it McKendrys?

Golden eagle

Jay
14-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Closing the thread. It's being dealt with by PM