PDA

View Full Version : Ross County players - fairplay

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-03-2016, 02:26 PM
Not sure who they were but fair play to the Ross County fans that went to applaud the Hibs fans at FT :aok:

B.H.F.C
14-03-2016, 02:27 PM
Think they would have done that if we'd beat them?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-03-2016, 02:31 PM
Think they would have done that if we'd beat them?

Doubt it.

Nicho87
14-03-2016, 02:51 PM
They probably got a better reception of us than their own fans, after the initial celebration of 1 minute its like a morgue. My mate also advised me he bumped into a load of them when the usual after match celebrations were still going on, cant believe we got mugged yesterday

Wheat Hound
14-03-2016, 02:52 PM
I noticed that too. Paul Quinn was one and Jim McIntyre. A nice touch when they could have just been celebrating.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-03-2016, 12:47 AM
I noticed that too. Paul Quinn was one and Jim McIntyre. A nice touch when they could have just been celebrating.

:agree:

Frazerbob
16-03-2016, 12:55 AM
Every County player interviewed along with their manager and even their owner credited us with being the better team on the day and a great team I general. Fair play.

GreenLake
16-03-2016, 01:50 AM
I would rather get beat by Ross County than the ugly sisters or the cheats.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-03-2016, 07:58 AM

We still lost.

The_Horde
16-03-2016, 08:17 AM
We still lost.

Woopy doo. You lose some

Yuillsy
16-03-2016, 08:32 AM

I'd rather we win everything!

Just Jimmy
16-03-2016, 09:10 AM
Woopy doo. You lose some

We lose most.

The_Horde
16-03-2016, 09:57 AM
We lose most.

Our current team and manager have lost one final out of one. You can't take the failings of previous hibs teams out on the current side. It's just wrong.

hibbytam
16-03-2016, 10:52 AM
We still lost.

Win some, lose some. Atleast it meant as much to them as it would have for us.

Martymck
16-03-2016, 10:59 AM
still when are we going to get the luck for a change in the big games?
:confused:

16-03-2016, 11:01 AM
Fair play to them. Gutted we lost but if we are gonna lose i'd rather it be to the likes of them than one of the ugly sisters who couldn't give a ****.

After the 2013 cup final, I saw some celtic fans leave just after FT. Didn't even bother to stay and celebrate or watch the team lift the trophy. How boring must that be?! Winning a trophy and not even being excited enough to be arsed to celebrate. If hibs had won the trophy that day the celebrations would have probably taken Hampdens roof off!

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-03-2016, 11:03 AM
Win some, lose some. Atleast it meant as much to them as it would have for us.

Aw, thats nice then.

HibsNutter
16-03-2016, 11:04 AM
Our current team and manager have lost one final out of one. You can't take the failings of previous hibs teams out on the current side. It's just wrong.

:top marks

eastcoasthibby
16-03-2016, 06:44 PM
:top marks

Saw Quinn come over and applaud Hibs fans .....what is that all about ..he knocked us back 2 years,ago as well !!!
I felt it to be patronising and rubbing salt into a really disappointing defeat ..for me, him and his manager should just have stuck with celebrating with their fans !!!!

Pete
16-03-2016, 06:46 PM

Exactly.

Alex Trager
16-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Saw Quinn come over and applaud Hibs fans .....what is that all about ..he knocked us back 2 years,ago as well !!!
I felt it to be patronising and rubbing salt into a really disappointing defeat ..for me, him and his manager should just have stuck with celebrating with their fans !!!!

Patronising how?
Acknowledging a great support for their efforts?
Some folk seem precious regarding things like this.

It's sportsmanship. And it was good to see.

Did it make my day any better? No. Did it make it any worse? No

bubblesmorrison
16-03-2016, 07:04 PM
Some people on here just seem butt hurt about everything and want to moan. I bet if the shoe was on the other foot these same people would be using phrases like "hibs class"

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-03-2016, 10:47 PM

Wtf...

Green Man
16-03-2016, 10:56 PM
One of the positives about Sunday was that it was a great sporting occasion. Gutting for us but it was a great cup final and I think it was played in the right spirit, both teams gave everything. It was good to see such sportsmanship, something which is missing all too often in modern football.

andyf5
16-03-2016, 11:00 PM
Ict keeper applauded us tonight and they lost. Maybe it's a highland thing.

snedzuk
16-03-2016, 11:44 PM
Ict keeper applauded us tonight and they lost. Maybe it's a highland thing.

was going to ask about this - Fon Williams applauded Hibs fans at ER as well, then again when he came out after HT tonight, then again at full time - maybe hes after a job...

YorkshireHibee
17-03-2016, 01:37 AM
bumped into a squad of their fans in McGinns pretty late on Sunday night, they came over and sat with us.... even joined in when I got up and sang sunshine on Leith on the karaoke. Felt kinda strange, for some reason ive never known opposition fans be that friendly! maybe its just me.

ginger_rice
17-03-2016, 09:58 AM

Jim McIntyre lives near me I've spoken to him a lot about football over the last few years he's a genuinely decent guy, he was also very impressed with the Hibs support on Sunday, and that's why he did what he did.

jacomo
17-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Some people on here just seem butt hurt about everything and want to moan. I bet if the shoe was on the other foot these same people would be using phrases like "hibs class"

:agree:

Lighten up people.

Arguably the biggest day in RC's history, the huge Hibs support made it even more memorable for them.

We're all hurting but our opponents did nowt wrong except beat us on the day.

Libby Hibby
17-03-2016, 04:07 PM
Jim McIntyre lives near me I've spoken to him a lot about football over the last few years he's a genuinely decent guy, he was also very impressed with the Hibs support on Sunday, and that's why he did what he did.

What did he do?

Keith_M
17-03-2016, 04:20 PM
One of the positives about Sunday was that it was a great sporting occasion. Gutting for us but it was a great cup final and I think it was played in the right spirit, both teams gave everything. It was good to see such sportsmanship, something which is missing all too often in modern football.

Sorry Bud but I can't agree. Some of County's tactics were roughhousing and the guy that fouled Bartley then threw himself to the ground feigning a punch was a total disgrace.

Hibs lost cos they were bad but that doesn't mean I'm going to start applauding RC's style of play.