PDA

View Full Version : Fans and atmosphere

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Thought the atmosphere was great pre kick off, throughout the first half and particularly after we scored. Just watched the goal back from when I recorded the match and the noise Paris Carnival chant noise was immense!

14-03-2016, 02:56 PM
The fans did their bit, came out in our numbers, sang our hearts out but the team didn't do the business on the field. Same old story unfortunatly :rolleyes:

Fair play to County on their win but ****ing hell how boring are their fans?! It was a cup final ffs and they sat in silence just about the whole game.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-03-2016, 02:14 PM
The fans did their bit, came out in our numbers, sang our hearts out but the team didn't do the business on the field. Same old story unfortunatly :rolleyes:

Fair play to County on their win but ****ing hell how boring are their fans?! It was a cup final ffs and they sat in silence just about the whole game.

Out fans always do their bit snd yeah, I totally agree about the RC fans. Vert boring and quiet bunch!

Pete
15-03-2016, 02:24 PM

It's the "same old story" because we didn't win?

The lack of thought and reasoning in some people's posts makes me think they have reverted to a child like mentality.

What about the fact we were the better team? What about the fact they are above us in the league?

Nah, it's been "poor me, look at how hurt I am, we're cursed, I've been let down blah blah"

I'm not picking on the poster I've quoted in particular but it's just getting boring now. It's disappointing that some adults take days to come to their senses over something like a football match.

Hibernia&Alba
15-03-2016, 02:51 PM

The lack of thought and reasoning in some people's posts makes me think they have reverted to a child like mentality.

What about the fact we were the better team? What about the fact they are above us in the league?

Nah, it's been "poor me, look at how hurt I am, we're cursed, I've been let down blah blah"

I'm not picking on the poster I've quoted in particular but it's just getting boring now. It's disappointing that some adults take days to come to their senses over something like a football match.

Come on Peter, what about the fact we lost at Hampden yet again, despite being the better team this time, as you say?

What about the fact we had the advantage in support on a ratio of 4:1 but the team still couldn't do it?

What about the fact we make disappointment our habitual emotion in finals/semi-finals at that place?

Yes it's only a football match; we all know that, and there are far more important things going on in the world, but we care and we get angry. If we didn't, we wouldn't be fans; and that isn't reverting to a child like mentality, it's a consequence of investing time and effort in the club we love.

keep the faith
15-03-2016, 03:20 PM

Agree with that

Pete
15-03-2016, 03:30 PM
Come on Peter, what about the fact we lost at Hampden yet again, despite being the better team this time, as you say?

What about the fact we had the advantage in support on a ratio of 4:1 but the team still couldn't do it?

What about the fact we make disappointment our habitual emotion in finals/semi-finals at that place?

Yes it's only a football match; we all know that, and there are far more important things going on in the world, but we care and we get angry. If we didn't, we wouldn't be fans; and that isn't reverting to a child like mentality, it's a consequence of investing time and effort in the club we love.

So your point is: we lost at Hampden again therefore fans are going to be pissed off.

I have no problem with that, it's when people try and suggest their moaning is based on relevant facts or some enlightened thinking process.

This team has lost big matches and it's won some. What's happened before to me, yourself or any other team is irrelevant when it comes to this team.

It also develops into sheer lazy analysis: "bottlers" "didn't turn up" blah blah which is more blurring of the lines between this team and ones of the past.

We can think about things in a rational manner or we can help enforce this "hibsing it" myth that everyone else in Scotland is trying to attach to our club.

Hibernia&Alba
15-03-2016, 03:37 PM
So your point is: we lost at Hampden again therefore fans are going to be pissed off.

I have no problem with that, it's when people try and suggest their moaning is based on relevant facts or some enlightened thinking process.

This team has lost big matches and it's won some. What's happened before to me, yourself or any other team is irrelevant when it comes to this team.

It also develops into sheer lazy analysis: "bottlers" "didn't turn up" blah blah which is more blurring of the lines between this team and ones of the past.

We can think about things in a rational manner or we can help enforce this "hibsing it" myth that everyone else in Scotland is trying to attach to our club.

Aye, but you didn't mention 'bottlers' or 'Hibsing it' in the above post. That's entirely different, and I would agree with you there re Sunday.

The fact is we blew a game we should have won in front of a massive Hibs support, and not for the first time. Okay, no point worrying about it now, and next time we're at Hampden I (and thousands of others) will be there again :aok:

Pete
15-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Aye, but you didn't mention 'bottlers' or 'Hibsing it' in the above post. That's entirely different, and I would agree with you there re Sunday.

The fact is we blew a game we should have won in front of a massive Hibs support, and not for the first time. Okay, no point worrying about it now, and next time we're at Hampden I (and thousands of others) will be there again :aok:

Amen brother.

Buzzing for tomorrow :thumbsup:

15-03-2016, 03:50 PM

Yes it is the same old story tbh. Yes we were the better team this time and desereved to win but we didn't and we were left once again wondering "what if".

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-03-2016, 08:00 AM

A huge Hibs support? Perhaps, but for my money many of those yesterday are not Hibs supporters, and get annoyed because a game of fitba went against them, and ruined their 'day out'.

Better atmospheres when there are fewer Hibs supporters rather than than all these day trippers who just dilute the atmosphere and create negativity.

lyonhibs
16-03-2016, 12:04 PM
A huge Hibs support? Perhaps, but for my money many of those yesterday are not Hibs supporters, and get annoyed because a game of fitba went against them, and ruined their 'day out'.

Better atmospheres when there are fewer Hibs supporters rather than than all these day trippers who just dilute the atmosphere and create negativity.

http://i.imgur.com/NnoGhN1.gif

NAE NOOKIE
16-03-2016, 12:43 PM

Ha ha.................... I've been a season ticket holder for 20 years and that sums up my Sunday exactly. I wasn't aware that going to watch Hibs was the preserve of a select few either.

scott7_0(Prague)
16-03-2016, 12:45 PM

What a lot of pish, but if thats your song then you go for it mate. :not worth

monktonharp
16-03-2016, 12:56 PM

Better atmospheres when there are fewer Hibs supporters rather than than all these day trippers who just dilute the atmosphere and create negativity.holy Christ, are you really meaning that? I bumped into dozens, in fact dozens and mair dozens of fellow Hibernian fans that over the years have been to Hampden dozens of times. should they not bother turning up, because they are not as regular at Easter Road as they used to be? get real