PDA

View Full Version : Life goes on...

jon paul jones
14-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Life comes in many ways guys and gals.

We soar to new heights and suffer the lows together but your football team and your familys' love can keep you going...

To keep your spirits up, I've just become a father for the first time at the grand age of 44 to my wee boy Ruben. He wasn't quite game enough to attend yesterday at 5 days old but maybe just maybe he'll follow the green team from the capital and the best supported team yesterday at Hampden.

Yesterday was the first time in 11 finals that I left sad but strangely happy with what I have now ...we'll be back sooner than you think :flag:

Betty Boop
14-03-2016, 01:25 PM

We soar to new heights and suffer the lows together but your football team and your familys' love can keep you going...

To keep your spirits up, I've just become a father for the first time at the grand age of 44 to my wee boy Ruben. He wasn't quite game enough to attend yesterday at 5 days old but maybe just maybe he'll follow the green team from the capital and the best supported team yesterday at Hampden.

Yesterday was the first time in 11 finals that I left sad but strangely happy with what I have now ...we'll be back sooner than you think :flag:

Congratulations on the birth of your son. Health wealth and happiness.

Mikey09
14-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Congratulations my friend. Perspective is what's missing with some football fans, not just Hibs may I add. We've had some terrible news regarding a family member which really makes you understand football really is just a game. Is losing a cup final a tragedy? No. Disappointing? Yes. I came away from the game yesterday disappointed... But it's nothing compared to how I feel about our news.
GGTTH.

Galahibby
14-03-2016, 02:27 PM
Congratulations :thumbsup: And well said. We all love our team and nobody likes to see us getting beat, but there are more important things in life. I guess it's an age thing though; I used to be like a bear with a sore head for days if we got beat, but as you deal with all the other things life throws at you, you tend to put things into perspective. Gutted we lost, but we live to fight another day :flag:

lyonhibs
14-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Congratulations :thumbsup: And well said. We all love our team and nobody likes to see us getting beat, but there are more important things in life. I guess it's an age thing though; I used to be like a bear with a sore head for days if we got beat, but as you deal with all the other things life throws at you, you tend to put things into perspective. Gutted we lost, but we live to fight another day :flag:

Indeed. I'd love a Hibs cup final defeat to be the worst, most serious thing that's happened in my puff, but it isn't so. It's only football.

On Scottish Cup semis day I'll be getting married, and if we're there I will absolutely definitely not be checking my phone (it's a 15h00 ceremony with photos beforehand..) to see if we've made the final :cool2:

TheFall
14-03-2016, 03:16 PM
Congratulations on the birth of your child.
A special special thing.

I was at yesterday's game and as everyone else I was disappointed at the outcome.
As you get older you get perspective and by the time I got home after a very quiet return bus journey I was over it.
Had a good day, met lots of nice folk, had a laugh and enjoyed a few drinks. What's not to like.

If I wanted to follow a winning team I could start supporting Celtic but that's never going to be an option. For better or worse I am married to Hibs and am happy as long as I see my team working as hard as they can and improving.

There are are lots of real life tragedies that we all have to face during our lives which will truly rip us apart. Hibs losing a League Cup Final isn't even a ripple in the water in comparison.

That said I will go into hiding until August if we don't get promoted this season!!!

Craig_in_Prague
14-03-2016, 03:20 PM

Congrats!

My wife and I were relatively sure she was pregnant round the time of the 2012 final, it certainly helped with the match that day.
Whilst yesterday I had beers with my Dad who beat cancer in the last couple of years, so football to me is just that, a game of football.
Yesterday was a cracking day, we all want a positive outcome on the pitch, but personally I'm glad it doesn't really bother me anymore, it is what it is and I'll hope to see us back again, maybe as soon as May.

GGTTH

hibsboy69
14-03-2016, 03:22 PM
Congrats!

My wife and I were relatively sure she was pregnant round the time of the 2012 final, it certainly helped with the match that day.
Whilst yesterday I had beers with my Dad who beat cancer in the last couple of years, so football to me is just that, a game of football.
Yesterday was a cracking day, we all want a positive outcome on the pitch, but personally I'm glad it doesn't really bother me anymore, it is what it is and I'll hope to see us back again, maybe as soon as May.

GGTTH

Good post.

Joe Baker2
14-03-2016, 06:57 PM
Congrats!

SuperAllyMcleod
14-03-2016, 07:59 PM
Congratulations, but what do you mean that he will maybe follow Hibs.

Get the brainwashing underway now! Bibs, etc are available from the Hibs Shop! [emoji4]

jon paul jones
15-03-2016, 12:09 AM
Congratulations, but what do you mean that he will maybe follow Hibs.

Get the brainwashing underway now! Bibs, etc are available from the Hibs Shop! [emoji4]

Playing the long game with this one. Partner is Spanish and they are all Barca mad so I'm encouraging the holistic view of creating passion for anything he's interested in. All his lullaby songs are the melodies to hibs songs with the words amended..... it takes more than a top to win this one. Mum knows Daddy is a :clapper: so good things come to those that earn it

dchibs
15-03-2016, 12:24 AM

Congratulations Jon paul jones in becomming a dad, love is in the air loved your so too.

Hibby Gav
15-03-2016, 12:26 AM
Congratulations mate....and may Sauzee bless your son and our future captain ! ;-)
Barca is for glory hunters...the Hibees is a lifestyle choice.....
seriously health and happiness to you and your family.... !

ggtth

dchibs
15-03-2016, 12:31 AM
Congratulations Jon paul jones in becomming a dad, love is in the air loved your so too.
Ment to say song.

SkintHibby
15-03-2016, 11:08 AM
I always console myself that no matter how Tom Kite Hibs are, at least I dont support Hearts, Rangers or Celtic.