PDA

View Full Version : We shouldn't have lost that game

G B Young
14-03-2016, 08:23 AM
I wasn't at Hampden yesterday, but having recorded the game and watched it back in full I'd say it would be very harsh to claim we in any way 'bottled' it. We looked up for it, played most of the best football and County's goals both came from individual errors. There was no lack of commitment and we certainly had enough chances to win the game. I just felt we didn't pick up the momentum enough in the second half when we should have come back out really fired up after the equaliser. The final ball was often lacking too and overall we're just a little short of the quality required to make these chances count.

Stokes, I feel, should offer more and I wonder if what looked like something of a coup signing is falling a bit flat. He clearly has the talent, creates space and time for himself but I'm not sure he looks fully fit and the decision to let Malonga go is looking like it might have been an error of judgement. Stokes and Keatings looked a better pairing the previous week and maybe it's time to mix up the strike pairing. El Alagui brings a different dimension and should in my opinion get his chance at Inverness.

In defence we probably missed Hanlon and while he's not everyone's favourite, our results have slipped since Fyvie got injured. Stubbs obviously rates Thomson but to me he's a player who too often slows things up rather than keeps momentum going.

Overall, we found a new way to inflict Hampden woe on the fans but disappointing at that is I don't think we were too far away from a happier outcome.