PDA

View Full Version : Time to Look Ahead

Torto7062
14-03-2016, 07:53 AM
Yip after yesterday I was gutted,pissed off,never going to that ****** weegie stadium again etc etc etc....
But woke up this morning and realised hell we have a big tie on Wednesday and a promotion via play offs to go for so it ain't all doom and gloom,fans are entitled to their opinions but maybe the Glass should be half full instead of half empty because I bet all the scapegoats i.e Fontaine,Thomson,Cummings,
Stokes and even Super ****** John McGinn will want to prove a point to Us fans..We CAN win and WILL win....

GGTTH

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pete
14-03-2016, 07:55 AM
:agree:

Sair yin but there's still so much to play for. No time for shoe gazing either on or off the park.

erskine-hibby
14-03-2016, 07:58 AM
Plus a big test for Stubbs to show if he can get them up for the remainder of the season.

ruthven_raiders
14-03-2016, 08:01 AM
Plus a big test for Stubbs to show if he can get them up for the remainder of the season.

This is a crucial period in Stubbs career as a manager, he gas taken us so far and way better than previous managers, but jury is out on his tactical brain....needs to learn fast or season will be over....

pontius pilate
14-03-2016, 08:12 AM
Sore one to take loosen like that. I will be back at E.R but some know if I can face going to hampden again

Stuarty27
14-03-2016, 08:17 AM
How many times are we gonna have these types of threads.

Instead of looking ahead why don't we actually do something for once.

Supporting your football team is supposed to be fun this had been 6 years of pure hell

Waxy
14-03-2016, 08:38 AM
Still in the Scottish cup and a chance of promotion. Everything still to play for.

Torto7062
14-03-2016, 08:46 AM

Supporting your football team is supposed to be fun this had been 6 years of pure hell
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160314/b50cc99d7f121f746ddff19e5968aca2.jpg

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 08:47 AM
Nope, woke up and still feel absolutely horrendous. Only hibs could almost pass the ball in to their own net in the final minutes of a cup final.

Gatecrasher
14-03-2016, 08:50 AM

What a load of *****.

Alex Trager
14-03-2016, 08:52 AM
What a load of *****.

How so?
That's exactly what a winner is

donald_paterson
14-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Agree with OP. Will renew season tickets today

Ozyhibby
14-03-2016, 08:55 AM

6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torto7062
14-03-2016, 08:55 AM
What a load of *****.
See That's what's wrong with some Hibbys....Happy to berate players who at the end of the day Don't go out to lose on purpose but will inevitably have downfalls along the way and these same fans will be the 1st to say we're great....I've been a Hibee for many year's and it hurts to say we lose more than we win but when we win things it's so much better......
****** the Hertz

lyonhibs
14-03-2016, 08:57 AM

Google image search reaping some rich rewards there mate.

I agree with the OP. WE certainly can't dwell on that, but Stubbs and co need to disect that and realise a) Thommo's got 60 minutes at most b) we need to play with width in the midfield. It's not acceptable to hang your FBs out to dry like that and c) Get the ball into the box, and men breaking their necks to get in there. Enough of this tippy tappy, slow slow SLOW pish. I'm not talking thrashing it long a la Butcher. Work it through the midfield then get it in the box from wide positions. Cummings was utter pony yesterday, but so we're 90+% of the balls shelled up to him.

Pretty Boy
14-03-2016, 08:57 AM
Agree with OP. Will renew season tickets today

Same for me, was always the plan regardless of yesterday.

Being honest though I'm seriously considering whether I'll attend future semi finals and finals. I really think I'll become a sort of 'reverse gloryhunter' who goes to all the standard games but just doesn't appear for the big ones. They just aren't good for me and play utter havoc with my mood.

Gatecrasher
14-03-2016, 08:58 AM
How so?
That's exactly what a winner is
"are not those who never fail but those who never quit" winners are the ones who WIN, not the ones who stick with it or maybe next time or we will go again! Only one team were winners yesterday and it wasn't us.

Torto7062
14-03-2016, 09:00 AM

Being honest though I'm seriously considering whether I'll attend future semi finals and finals. I really think I'll become a sort of 'reverse gloryhunter' who goes to all the standard games but just doesn't appear for the big ones. They just aren't good for me and play utter havoc with my mood.
My wife never said a word to me after she picked me up when I got back to Edinburgh...she knows how it goes....Sulk for the night,go to work,get pish ripped outta you and then come home as if it never happened.....
For a Jambo she's no a bad lass when we get pumped [emoji12] [emoji23]

erskine-hibby
14-03-2016, 09:00 AM
On the title of 'time to look ahead' it might be a good idea if we could get our strikers 'looking ahead' more, rather than facing OUR goal. IMHO we play the ball around the box rather than getting into it, with conviction. Our strikers would then be actually looking finish, instead they are looking to create something out of nothing.

Alex Trager
14-03-2016, 09:02 AM
"are not those who never fail but those who never quit" winners are the ones who WIN, not the ones who stick with it or maybe next time or we will go again! Only one team were winners yesterday and it wasn't us.

Aw I see.
And Ross county have never been beaten in a final before, or indeed ever before?

Football is a game especially where winning will never happen week in week out.

I am not suggesting we were the winners yesterday. But winning always has moments prior where you lose.

Gatecrasher
14-03-2016, 09:03 AM
See That's what's wrong with some Hibbys....Happy to berate players who at the end of the day Don't go out to lose on purpose but will inevitably have downfalls along the way and these same fans will be the 1st to say we're great....I've been a Hibee for many year's and it hurts to say we lose more than we win but when we win things it's so much better......
****** the Hertz

What are you talking about? I haven't berated the players once, and as for the last sentence we need to actually win something to make the losing worth it. And we blew it again. Also for the record I will be renewing but I am allowed to be angry about yesterday's let down.

Torto7062
14-03-2016, 09:05 AM
What are you talking about? I haven't berated the players once, and as for the last sentence we need to actually win something to make the losing worth it. And we blew it again. Also for the record I will be renewing but I am allowed to be angry about yesterday's let down.
I have seen our club win trophies so I know what it feels like to Win and I definitely know how it feels to lose them.....

Ozyhibby
14-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Aw I see.
And Ross county have never been beaten in a final before, or indeed ever before?

Football is a game especially where winning will never happen week in week out.

I am not suggesting we were the winners yesterday. But winning always has moments prior where you lose.

Always Jam tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southern hibby
14-03-2016, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE=Torto7062;4618210]See That's what's wrong with some Hibbys....Happy to berate players who at the end of the day Don't go out to lose on purpose but will inevitably have downfalls along the way and these same fans will be the 1st to say we're great....I've been a Hibee for many year's and it hurts to say we lose more than we win but when we win things it's so much better......
****** the Hertz

I Agree with you up to a point but at what point does happy clappers say enough is enough. Last 6 games irrespective of chances made are in my view just not good enough.

We had 30,000 there yesterday and a chance to bring a view back to Easter Road per mantle but yet again we fail at the final hurdle.

GGTTH

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 09:10 AM
I have seen our club win trophies so I know what it feels like to Win and I definitely know how it feels to lose them.....

Do you think you're the only person to have ever supported hibs? Are other people not aloud an opinion or emotion, which differs from your own? I've seen hibs win and lose along with many others and nothing's going to take away the fact we passed the ball to the opposition for a tap in, in the last minutes of a cup final. It's a horrible, horrible feeling and I am absolutely going to wollow in my self pity for a couple of days 😂

Torto7062
14-03-2016, 09:20 AM
Do you think you're the only person to have ever supported hibs? Are other people not aloud an opinion or emotion, which differs from your own? I've seen hibs win and lose along with many others and nothing's going to take away the fact we passed the ball to the opposition for a tap in, in the last minutes of a cup final. It's a horrible, horrible feeling and I am absolutely going to wollow in my self pity for a couple of days 

:hi::scarf:

Hibernia&Alba
14-03-2016, 09:23 AM
Yup, I was furious last night, but there's no point dwelling on it now; there are too many big games ahead. We can't change yesterday's result; what we need now is a response, as we haven't won in five games. Big test of mettle to come.

Greenworld
14-03-2016, 09:25 AM
Yip after yesterday I was gutted,pissed off,never going to that ****** weegie stadium again etc etc etc....
But woke up this morning and realised hell we have a big tie on Wednesday and a promotion via play offs to go for so it ain't all doom and gloom,fans are entitled to their opinions but maybe the Glass should be half full instead of half empty because I bet all the scapegoats i.e Fontaine,Thomson,Cummings,
Stokes and even Super ****** John McGinn will want to prove a point to Us fans..We CAN win and WILL win....

GGTTH

You see whilst your optimism is to be applauded. The facts are now not good..we can't score goals or not enough when in command of games.
I just see it as another game lost and a runners up medal in the bin cause that's where they go.
I couldn't give a monkeys about the Scottish cup game.
I do give a monkeys about getting out this league that's the Priority.
Something is wrong the team the players don't look the same happy bunch...

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
14-03-2016, 09:28 AM

Same here mate. ST was renewed on Friday but seriously considering calling it a day with the Hampden trips.

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 09:32 AM
:hi::scarf:

Not to sure what that's all about but 👍

rcarter1
14-03-2016, 09:59 AM
What a load of *****.

Why?