PDA

View Full Version : Who I really feel sorry for tonight

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-03-2016, 12:17 AM
I've only had to travel a small distance today and spent very little in taking in todays game with my daughter. But I really feel for those who have travelled thousands of miles and spent a fortune to witness that disaster today. I know we all go to games as Hibs fans expecting the unexpected, but it must really hit hard to those who have probably sacrificed a hell of a lot to attend the game today.

Fair play to those who have attended the game today from far afield. :not worth

Hi Heid Yin
14-03-2016, 12:25 AM
I've only had to travel a small distance today and spent very little in taking in todays game with my daughter. But I really feel for those who have travelled thousands of miles and spent a fortune to witness that disaster today. I know we all go to games as Hibs fans expecting the unexpected, but it must really hit hard to those who have probably sacrificed a hell of a lot to attend the game today.

Hear, hear! I absolutely agree.

Pete
14-03-2016, 12:27 AM

I think people understand that there is an element of risk attached to attending a football match. I.e. you might not win.

Yes, we lost but it was hardly a "disaster".

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2016, 12:33 AM
Never have I been more glad to miss a game than I was today.

Baader
14-03-2016, 12:38 AM
Travelled a fair bit but always in hope and never expectation. Others will have clocked up more miles.

Disappointing but not a disaster.

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-03-2016, 12:43 AM
I think people understand that there is an element of risk attached to attending a football match. I.e. you might not win.

Yes, we lost but it was hardly a "disaster".

OK, maybe a disaster is the wrong adjective to use. I guess if you've flown half way around the world you might have your own words to describe it. :wink:

I just hope if we get to the Scottish Cup Final in May they've got enough money in the bank for another return. :greengrin

easty
14-03-2016, 12:48 AM
I feel bad for the younger lads and lassies, who've only known a relegation and three cup final defeats. The season ticket holders of the future, they must be wondering whats the point.

Austinho
14-03-2016, 03:44 AM
I feel bad for every single person that calls themself a Hibs fan. Not many clubs on the planet have had to put up with the rubbish and disappointment we have.

Denverhibby
14-03-2016, 05:45 AM
OK, maybe a disaster is the wrong adjective to use. I guess if you've flown half way around the world you might have your own words to describe it. :wink:

I just hope if we get to the Scottish Cup Final in May they've got enough money in the bank for another return. :greengrin

We came from Colorado at least I had an excuse this time, as my daughter has a visits to St Andrews University tomorrow , may I'll tell the wife in May am off to get a loaf of bread and I'll come back on the Monday.

marinello59
14-03-2016, 06:14 AM
It's the young kids who attend every week and still don't get the reward they deserve that I feel sorry for. They feel it more intensely and have to put up with the inevitable mickey taking at school.
As a grown up moving to a foreign country and only attending cup finals in future has a lot of attractions for me this morning. :greengrin

lyonhibs
14-03-2016, 06:17 AM
You pay your money, you takes your chances. I feel sorry for all of us.

This team is now definitely in the debit column again as regards it's relationship with the fans and only promotion will sort that out.

Pretty Boy
14-03-2016, 06:41 AM
I feel sorry for every single fan who has stuck with this club through the last few seasons in which we have pissed about in the bottom 6, been relegated and then been pretty unspectacular in an utter horror show of a league. Today should have been our reward for staying with the club through that, instead we got yet another damp squib of a performance at Hampden with the same failings everyone can see all too evident again.

I've attended 7 cup finals as a Hibs fan, we have won 1 and put up any kind of performance in 2 (93 and 07).

California-Hibs
14-03-2016, 06:54 AM
I'm absolutely gutted. Spent a lot of money in coming over to this final, for THAT?! As others have said, no guarantees in football, especially with Hibs. Doesn't make it hurt any less though.

Not all the time you get a chance of lifting a cup vs Ross County, again ROSS bloody COUNTY!!

We've blown it big time.

CraigHibee
14-03-2016, 07:22 AM
We are the champions of underachieving

Islington Hibs
14-03-2016, 07:23 AM
I think we need to get this in proportion.

Sure we failed at the final hurdle but lets look at our cup record in recent years. I doubt any team outside Celtic has been to the final more than us in recent years. In the Scottish Cup in the last 5 seasons 2 finals, one semi and still in with a shout this year. League Cup Final this year.

This season from the top of my head we have beaten Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone, drawn with Inverness (better team) and lost to Ross (better team).

Sure it is gutting but we have no god given right to win things and all this feeling sorry for our selves, we are losers mentality creates you know what losers.

We are not losers- we have gone of the boil sure but we have had a good season, played some decent football and actually have a bunch of guys who try hard and exhibit some skill. Perhaps we need a bit more pace and directness and yes silly mistakes cost us dear but this is a decent team and just because we lost yesterday, annoying as it is, does not change that.

Fife-Hibee
14-03-2016, 07:27 AM
Sorry, but it was a disaster. Losing in the manner that we do in these kind of games is nothing short of a disaster. Teams don't score against us at Hampden, we do it for them.

calumhibee1
14-03-2016, 07:28 AM
I feel sorry for every single fan who has stuck with this club through the last few seasons in which we have pissed about in the bottom 6, been relegated and then been pretty unspectacular in an utter horror show of a league. Today should have been our reward for staying with the club through that, instead we got yet another damp squib of a performance at Hampden with the same failings everyone can see all too evident again.

I've attended 7 cup finals as a Hibs fan, we have won 1 and put up any kind of performance in 2 (93 and 07).

Yup. That's my 6th with Hibs and we've a win against killie to show for it. Defeats to livi and Ross county which should never be happening and a defeat to a poor hearts team. I can accept getting beat off Celtic but the other 3 have been nothing short of a disaster.

Denverhibby
14-03-2016, 07:41 AM
Yup. That's my 6th with Hibs and we've a win against killie to show for it. Defeats to livi and Ross county which should never be happening and a defeat to a poor hearts team. I can accept getting beat off Celtic but the other 3 have been nothing short of a disaster.

Well said, even the 79 cup final we were just unlucky.All part of being a hibs supporter

Pete
14-03-2016, 07:46 AM
"Disaster"...what a load of nonsense. We lost a football match to a team a league above us. Nothing to do with bottle, it was individual errors which happen.

Half of us are expert computer game football managers and the other half are on the violins.

Give yourself a shake and get up for Wednesday. You never know we might just win. :thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
14-03-2016, 07:57 AM
"Disaster"...what a load of nonsense. We lost a football match to a team a league above us. Nothing to do with bottle, it was individual errors which happen.

Half of us are expert computer game football managers and the other half are on the violins.

Give yourself a shake and get up for Wednesday. You never know we might just win. :thumbsup:

I agree Peter D. We lost a cup final in the last minute to the team sitting 4th in the Premier league. We are sitting 3rd in the Championship. Certainly not a disaster. We had our chances and yet again, in my opinion, poor finishing let us down. We have admittedly beaten the teams in 2nd and 3rd as well as others. There in lies the issue for me, we could be skooshing the Premier league. 😁 We have over achieved as a Championship side to be where we are in both cups. I get the argument "we are Hibs" but that does not reflect our current situation.

hibeerealist
14-03-2016, 11:23 AM

Disaster is the correct adjective AKKA, cant think why any log suffering Hibs' fan would argue it was anything else!!

There appears to be an acceptance, cementing itself into our support (and indeed our players over a number of years) that "at least we got there and participated" FFS our players and some of our fans need to wake up to the fact that cup finals are for winning, losers are rarely remembered!!

Yesterday RC had literally THREE pokes at goal and scored two, don't forget the one that was chalked off either, there looked nothing wrong with that (Oxley at his commanding best one again) !!

Seems a some of us just accept and forgive anything just as long as they have our strip on their backs. Yesterday was another embarrassing disaster so lets not dress I up any other way please.

Giro Playboy
14-03-2016, 11:31 AM
We are sitting 3rd in the Championship. Certainly not a disaster.  We have over achieved as a Championship side to be where we are in both cups. It might not be a disaster but considering our budget its completely unacceptable. We have not over achieved because the team is funded like a Premiership club. That entire Hibs team could play in the Premiership.
We lost yesterday because of poor individual errors.

LustForLeith
14-03-2016, 11:39 AM
I feel bad for the younger lads and lassies, who've only known a relegation and three cup final defeats. The season ticket holders of the future, they must be wondering whats the point.

My sons away to school today in a class where he's the only person who supports a Scottish team and he's gutted. He said he's never going back to hampden. He's nine!

churchie16
14-03-2016, 11:57 AM
I think we need to get this in proportion.

Sure we failed at the final hurdle but lets look at our cup record in recent years. I doubt any team outside Celtic has been to the final more than us in recent years. In the Scottish Cup in the last 5 seasons 2 finals, one semi and still in with a shout this year. League Cup Final this year.

This season from the top of my head we have beaten Hearts, Aberdeen,
Dundee Utd, St Johnstone, drawn with Inverness (better team) and lost to Ross (better team).

Sure it is gutting but we have no god given right to win things and all this feeling sorry for our selves, we are losers mentality creates you know what losers.

We are not losers- we have gone of the boil sure but we have had a good season, played some decent football and actually have a bunch of guys who try hard and exhibit some skill. Perhaps we need a bit more pace and
directness and yes silly mistakes cost us dear but this is a decent team and just because we lost yesterday, annoying as it is, does not change that.

Cup finals are only good if you win them simple as that no point in being there 5 or 6 times and losing them!

Malthibby
14-03-2016, 12:21 PM
We came from Colorado at least I had an excuse this time, as my daughter has a visits to St Andrews University tomorrow , may I'll tell the wife in May am off to get a loaf of bread and I'll come back on the Monday.
:greengrin She'll notice if it's a plain slice, though.......

shezer
14-03-2016, 11:45 PM

4 of us travelled from Cork. As always the hospitality of the Hibs fans was top notch. We'll keep coming back. Don't feel sorry for us at all. We are very proud of our links to this wonderful club and it's supporters.

HibeeEmma
15-03-2016, 12:01 AM

I was hoping it was just a bad dream on the flight over. Sadly the tiredness has now gone and it's sinking in, just in time for the flight back. I looked at the clock seconds before they scored and thought no matter the outcome I was getting extra time out of it all. Gutted doesn't cover it.

Denverhibby
15-03-2016, 12:04 AM
:greengrin She'll notice if it's a plain slice, though.......

@@it good point .

IWasThere2016
15-03-2016, 12:08 AM
We are the champions of underachieving

Undisputed Champions :boo hoo:

monktonharp
15-03-2016, 02:03 AM
I have a contact, who is very close to the backroom staff of HFC. and if it's any conselation, (probably not to many on this thread) these people are hurting very much like we are. Yesterday, I posted that I wont go back to Hampden. still feel like that but I probably will soften if we ever get back for a Scottish cup final. you need to look at it like: we did get there, and we never won it despite being the best team imho. County fans are extatic, and who'd blame them but if we had not gave them a virtual goal of a start by that crazy ball back, we were the ones that should have won. I'm gutted, and will be for a long time about this but the contact I mentioned is a person I sometimes get in touch with. This time, he was the one to be in touch , because they are hurting so much and told me they were totally gutted for all the fans that went. I Long for the day where we get all the luck, with a simphathetic ref together with a fair to middling performance, against a better football team who have nae luck as we pop a lucky one in at the death to win.

StokePogesHibs
15-03-2016, 02:28 AM
Just got back to LA. Long trip without a trophy. Need the lads to win on Wednesday and the semi and I'll be back in May. GGTTH

StokePogesHibs
15-03-2016, 02:40 AM
Just got back to LA. Long trip without a trophy. Need the lads to win on Wednesday and the semi and I'll be back in May. GGTTH

Onion
15-03-2016, 05:14 AM
I feel bad for every single person that calls themself a Hibs fan. Not many clubs on the planet have had to put up with the rubbish and disappointment we have.

:agree: Now official, no club in Scottish history has let it's fans down more in Cup Finals than Hibernian FC. And no one comes close to us for the sheers numbers of fans who have trudged away disappointed from that hole of a National Stadium.

Pete
15-03-2016, 07:28 AM
:agree: Now official, no club in Scottish history has let it's fans down more in Cup Finals than Hibernian FC. And no one comes close to us for the sheers numbers of fans who have trudged away disappointed from that hole of a National Stadium.

Dundee United have lost more finals than us since 1979. Don't ask me how I know that.

Anyway, I fail to see how past failings with different sets of players are relevant unless someone is going to suggest some link.

It's not Stubbs's fault that we lost 3-0 to motherwell 50 years ago and almost everything about the club has changed.

So all these people moaning about historic records...what's your point? Can you come up with a logical explanation or do you just want to feel a bit sorry for yourself?

Bay Area Hibees
15-03-2016, 07:53 AM
Feel for all fans. I go back to USA next week but to be honest lots fans go every week or every other week.

Saw some kids crying and felt for them.

Wasn't a disaster in my opinion but very sore loss.

The Green Goblin
15-03-2016, 08:58 AM
It's the young kids who attend every week and still don't get the reward they deserve that I feel sorry for. They feel it more intensely and have to put up with the inevitable mickey taking at school.
As a grown up moving to a foreign country and only attending cup finals in future has a lot of attractions for me this morning. :greengrin

Take it from me, you would miss going to Easter Road, whatever the result. :agree: I always do, every week, even after nearly ten years of living abroad.

flash
15-03-2016, 09:08 AM

I am gutted but not let down. 5-1 was a let down on Sunday we just lost a match rather unluckily.

cjward2
15-03-2016, 09:17 AM
I'm over from Canada with my son and am glad I came. We dominated the majority of the game, and it was just a poor clearance, lucky break that allowed Ross County the winning goal with minutes left. Sad/Frustrated about the result, but glad to be at a game with my family and not watching it miles away. Many Hibs fans are a pretty resilient bunch, and will get back up again and keep on keeping on. :flag:

Bay Area Hibees
15-03-2016, 09:24 AM
I'm over from Canada with my son and am glad I came. We dominated the majority of the game, and it was just a poor clearance, lucky break that allowed Ross County the winning goal with minutes left. Sad/Frustrated about the result, but glad to be at a game with my family and not watching it miles away. Many Hibs fans are a pretty resilient bunch, and will get back up again and keep on keeping on. :flag:

Well said

lucky
15-03-2016, 11:17 AM
I don't feel sorry for any Hibbie I feel sorry for any football fan that has not been privileged to join the Hibernian family through the trials and tribulations of the journey we go on. I woke up on Monday a sad Hibbie but can you imagine waking up and your a Jambo everyday!!!!
GGTTH

FranckSuzy
15-03-2016, 11:23 AM
4 of us travelled from Cork. As always the hospitality of the Hibs fans was top notch. We'll keep coming back. Don't feel sorry for us at all. We are very proud of our links to this wonderful club and it's supporters.

:top marks

The 9 folk I was out with from The Netherlands at the weekend said exactly the same. GGTTH.

15-03-2016, 11:39 AM
It's the fans that I feel sorry for. We've had to put up with so much rubbish over the years, with very little to celebrate. The biggest underachievers in Scottish football by quite some distance.

CorrieHibs
15-03-2016, 12:07 PM
It's hard supporting Hibs but I would never swap it for anything.

But Hibs and finals never work out. 23 finals in both the league cup and Scottish cup and we have won 5 finals 😫😪.

Ray_
15-03-2016, 04:17 PM

I'm not having "a team in a league above us" malarkey. They may be a league above us, but it is not this team that were relegated.

How much do their fans pay in to Ross County compared to what the the Hibs fans pay in to our club, including the added bonus of HSL etc? What our club pulls in from the fans, it allows Hibs to have a wage budget Ross County could only dream about and if we weren't favourites, we dam well should have been.

Despite all our big talk, the last three weeks shows that we are still a long way short of where we should be & we still have the same fundamental weaknesses that we had last season and you don't have to be a computer game expert to see that. People are hurting and they are entitled to, our cup record is shockingly poor.

Pete
15-03-2016, 05:10 PM
I'm not having "a team in a league above us" malarkey. They may be a league above us, but it is not this team that were relegated.

How much do their fans pay in to Ross County compared to what the the Hibs fans pay in to our club, including the added bonus of HSL etc? What our club pulls in from the fans, it allows Hibs to have a wage budget Ross County could only dream about and if we weren't favourites, we dam well should have been.

Despite all our big talk, the last three weeks shows that we are still a long way short of where we should be & we still have the same fundamental weaknesses that we had last season and you don't have to be a computer game expert to see that. People are hurting and they are entitled to, our cup record is shockingly poor.

If it's about wages then you could just forget about all the football malarkey and hand out league positions and cups based on income and expenditure. It's disrespectful to county to suggest we should simply beat them because we are "bigger". Maybe these county players are a bit more used to playing decent teams than we are. We've given ourselves a chance but there's no substitute for playing taxing games week in week out. We'll never be where we want to be until we are promoted and until then we have no clear cut reason to be aggrieved at losing to a top flight side.

It's also amazing that some of us, computer experts or not, can spot these glaring faults in our team while people who have spent their whole careers in the game simply can't. Surely if they could they would fix it? Maybe they should read this board a bit more often and spend less time at East Mains during the week analysing the squad with their own eyes.

As for our cup record...are you talking about this teams record or our historic record? I'm not sure what anyone can do to help if its the latter. It certainly shouldn't be this teams responsibility to make people forget about other teams mistakes.

Ray_
15-03-2016, 06:46 PM
If it's about wages then you could just forget about all the football malarkey and hand out league positions and cups based on income and expenditure. It's disrespectful to county to suggest we should simply beat them because we are "bigger". Maybe these county players are a bit more used to playing decent teams than we are. We've given ourselves a chance but there's no substitute for playing taxing games week in week out. We'll never be where we want to be until we are promoted and until then we have no clear cut reason to be aggrieved at losing to a top flight side.

It's also amazing that some of us, computer experts or not, can spot these glaring faults in our team while people who have spent their whole careers in the game simply can't. Surely if they could they would fix it? Maybe they should read this board a bit more often and spend less time at East Mains during the week analysing the squad with their own eyes.

As for our cup record...are you talking about this teams record or our historic record? I'm not sure what anyone can do to help if its the latter. It certainly shouldn't be this teams responsibility to make people forget about other teams mistakes.

When was the last time a non old firm team won the league? How many cup wins have those Glasgow clubs managed? Of course money makes a difference and with the amount of money our management have at their disposal, the Hibs fans are far from being unreasonable to expect their team to beat Ross County in a national final.

With regard to the tactics and Hibs squads ability and computer experts, Hibs fans have known since last season that the lack of pace has us struggling to break down teams that sit in. Jim McIntyre said himself that he watched other teams successfully snub Hibs out and adapted his tactics accordingly.

Its crystal that its not just the computer experts that can spot the glaring weaknesses in our team, as our opponents can also see it & like the computer experts, they don't spend their days down East Mains, they don't need to, because like the rest of us, they have eyes.

Denverhibby
15-03-2016, 06:57 PM

But Hibs and finals never work out. 23 finals in both the league cup and Scottish cup and we have won 5 finals 😫😪.

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

Denverhibby
15-03-2016, 07:06 PM

oneone73
15-03-2016, 07:09 PM

Interestingly, that was the title of the Hearts fanzine back in the day.

Pete
15-03-2016, 10:26 PM
When was the last time a non old firm team won the league? How many cup wins have those Glasgow clubs managed? Of course money makes a difference and with the amount of money our management have at their disposal, the Hibs fans are far from being unreasonable to expect their team to beat Ross County in a national final.

With regard to the tactics and Hibs squads ability and computer experts, Hibs fans have known since last season that the lack of pace has us struggling to break down teams that sit in. Jim McIntyre said himself that he watched other teams successfully snub Hibs out and adapted his tactics accordingly.

Its crystal that its not just the computer experts that can spot the glaring weaknesses in our team, as our opponents can also see it & like the computer experts, they don't spend their days down East Mains, they don't need to, because like the rest of us, they have eyes.

The new Rangers have been heavily outspending everyone bar Celtic since they were formed in 2012.

Why have they not got any trophies in their cabinet if it's simply about money?

Edson Arantes
15-03-2016, 10:46 PM

This team is now definitely in the debit column again as regards it's relationship with the fans and only promotion will sort that out.

:thumbsup:

Promotion is not, not a certainty.

Disappointed does not even start to sum this up.

We get to finals and we lose.

:flag:

MWHIBBIES
15-03-2016, 10:55 PM
I feel bad for every single person that calls themself a Hibs fan. Not many clubs on the planet have had to put up with the rubbish and disappointment we have.Don't feel bad for me, it hurts sometimes but there is no where I'd rather be, I love supporting Hibernian FC.

Pete
15-03-2016, 11:04 PM

If this defeat puts this team in the debit column for reaching a cup final where does that put the 40 odd other teams who got emptied earlier?

Ray_
16-03-2016, 06:15 AM
The new Rangers have been heavily outspending everyone bar Celtic since they were formed in 2012.

Why have they not got any trophies in their cabinet if it's simply about money?

Why then has a non old firm team not won the league since the 80's?

LancsHibs
16-03-2016, 06:45 AM
Money does talk and talks very loudly. You can not deny it.
There will always be anomalys, a club with a low budget can do well, beat the richer team and win things, this could be down to a bit of good fortune or good management and getting the right group of players and getting tactics right to beat the richer club, look at Leicester this year in England and RC beat both us and Celtic to win that trophy. Unfortunately the smaller club can not sustain it because they will eventually and usually quite quickly loose their players and manager. Why have Celtic FC won more trophies than say East Stirlingshire FC or Dundee FC or us?
As for the comment about the Huns empty trophy cabinet, I'm afraid over the course of the next 10 years they will win more trophys than any other Scottish club bar Celtic. The reason they will pay a lot more money for players.

lyonhibs
16-03-2016, 07:18 AM
If this defeat puts this team in the debit column for reaching a cup final where does that put the 40 odd other teams who got emptied earlier?

What 40 odd other teams?? I only give a rat's ass about Hibs.

30,000+ Hibs fans travelled from near, far and wide and left Hampden gutted. Again.

Hibs need to get back on the horse, get back to Hampden and gain promotion. Stubbs and the players appreciate this, as does pretty much every Hibs fan I've spoken to.

scott7_0(Prague)
16-03-2016, 08:43 AM
Got back to Prague yesterday, still gutted but it was a very enjoyable weekend none the less. 800quid lighter for a 4day break, no bad. :flag::flag::flag:

GGTTH.

Dalianwanda
16-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Just got back last night & have to say, game apart had a brilliant weekend. From briefly catching up with some of the old ROI Hibs guys in Dublin Airport & seeing a surprising number of Hibs fans get ready to travel. To spending the day with my dad & all my mates from musselburgh. To being part of the Hibs family and having a decent bunch around me to watch the game....Result apart these are the occasions that make the lows worthwhile..Getting to a final isn't a low, its an opportunity to connect with what its all about when I don't get that chance as much as I'd like any more..ggtth:flag:

marinello59
16-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Just got back last night & have to say, game apart had a brilliant weekend. From briefly catching up with some of the old ROI Hibs guys in Dublin Airport & seeing a surprising number of Hibs fans get ready to travel. To spending the day with my dad & all my mates from musselburgh. To being part of the Hibs family and having a decent bunch around me to watch the game....Result apart these are the occasions that make the lows worthwhile..Getting to a final isn't a low, its an opportunity to connect with what its all about when I don't get that chance as much as I'd like any more..ggtth:flag:

I love this post. :flag:

surreyhibbie
16-03-2016, 10:19 AM
:wink::thumbsup:

Musselburgh folk Ken what's gaun oan...

:aok:

Pete
16-03-2016, 06:29 PM
What 40 odd other teams?? I only give a rat's ass about Hibs.

30,000+ Hibs fans travelled from near, far and wide and left Hampden gutted. Again.

Hibs need to get back on the horse, get back to Hampden and gain promotion. Stubbs and the players appreciate this, as does pretty much every Hibs fan I've spoken to.

You suggested that the cup final defeat meant that the club now owed the fans something. We did better than these 40 odd other teams in the competition so my point is that they must owe their fans even more for not even reaching the final.

This team can't be held accountable for other teams failures and shouldn't be making up for them. Reaching a final is a good thing, especially for a second tier team.

Edit: maybe I got my wires crossed with the wording. I just want this team to get the support and the clean slate they deserve.

Pete
16-03-2016, 06:31 PM
Why then has a non old firm team not won the league since the 80's?

Because they can buy better players and they regularly cherry pick players off their rivals.

Do they win every cup tournament they enter though?

Ray_
16-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Because they can buy better players and they regularly cherry pick players off their rivals.

Do they win every cup tournament they enter though?

They maybe don't win everything but they do win more than their fair share and they don't chuck it as often as we do, stats show, nobody does!

This started off as Ross County, being a premier league side, Hibs losing wasn't a disaster.

Although it isn't quite a disaster [not getting promotion would be], the resources hibs have compared to county, any team that has the advantage hibs have over Ross County and gets the result we did on Sunday, shouldn't regard that result as anything other than a failure.

As for what you mentioned earlier in the thread, servco & their lack of trophy's, one person, Ally McCoist and I think you would struggle to find one of their fans who don't regard him as a managerial failure, Rangers are a completely different proposition this season to last.

If the people within our club don't regard Sunday and the last two weeks as anything other than dreadfully poor, [which I would hope they would] I would then suggest that we are in for many more decades of the mediocre rubbish that hibs have served up over the last forty years, with the odd sprinkle of sparkle thrown in from time to time.

Pete
16-03-2016, 07:39 PM
They maybe don't win everything but they do win more than their fair share and they don't chuck it as often as we do, stats show, nobody does!

Surely if player budgets mean so much then they actually win less than their fair share. Why do they lose any cups at all? You also say we "chuck it" less than them so how do you define that? Do you chuck it when you get beat off a team you aren't supposed to? How many of these games we "chucked it" were defeats to teams with a bigger wage bill than ourselves?

This started off as Ross County, being a premier league side, Hibs losing wasn't a disaster.

Although it isn't quite a disaster [not getting promotion would be], the resources hibs have compared to county, any team that has the advantage hibs have over Ross County and gets the result we did on Sunday, shouldn't regard that result as anything other than a failure.

As for what you mentioned earlier in the thread, servco & their lack of trophy's, one person, Ally McCoist and I think you would struggle to find one of their fans who don't regard him as a managerial failure, Rangers are a completely different proposition this season to last.

So rangers being dreadful against premier league teams has nothing to do with what division they were in, it was all Ally McCoist's fault for mismanaging these vast resources. No doubt he wasn't the best but how do you explain Stuart McCalls thumping off Motherwell or Warburtons team struggling against kilmarnock and st. Johnstone?
The division you are in definitely has an impact on your team regardless of the resources at your disposal.

If the people within our club don't regard Sunday and the last two weeks as anything other than dreadfully poor, [which I would hope they would] I would then suggest that we are in for many more decades of the mediocre rubbish that hibs have served up over the last forty years, with the odd sprinkle of sparkle thrown in from time to time.

You're dangerously close to using the term "accepting mediocrity". The people within our club will no doubt be disappointed but I'm sure they will use their heads as well when analysing things and terms like "dreadfully poor" won't be considered appropriate.

I do understand where you're coming from Ray and we're all disappointed right now. Let's agree to disagree and enjoy the match. :aok:

Ray_
16-03-2016, 08:48 PM
Surely if player budgets mean so much then they actually win less than their fair share. Why do they lose any cups at all? You also say we "chuck it" less than them so how do you define that? Do you chuck it when you get beat off a team you aren't supposed to? How many of these games we "chucked it" were defeats to teams with a bigger wage bill than ourselves?

So rangers being dreadful against premier league teams has nothing to do with what division they were in, it was all Ally McCoist's fault for mismanaging these vast resources. No doubt he wasn't the best but how do you explain Stuart McCalls thumping off Motherwell or Warburtons team struggling against kilmarnock and st. Johnstone?
The division you are in definitely has an impact on your team regardless of the resources at your disposal.

You're dangerously close to using the term "accepting mediocrity". The people within our club will no doubt be disappointed but I'm sure they will use their heads as well when analysing things and terms like "dreadfully poor" won't be considered appropriate.

I do understand where you're coming from Ray and we're all disappointed right now. Let's agree to disagree and enjoy the match. :aok:

Fair enough Pete :agree: