PDA

View Full Version : Best thing about today?

Iceman1875
13-03-2016, 11:16 PM
The minutes applause in respect of those children and school teacher who lost their lives twenty years ago at Dunblane.

Well done Hibs and Ross County fans.

At Easter Road we play...

Jones28
13-03-2016, 11:18 PM
👍

Good effort everyone

Billy McKirdy
13-03-2016, 11:24 PM
Just had a friend on Facebook assert that this was not right on his eyes, applause for something so horrible? I think it was a good thing for its meaning though.
A well meant tribute.

matty_f
13-03-2016, 11:31 PM
Just had a friend on Facebook assert that this was not right on his eyes, applause for something so horrible? I think it was a good thing for its meaning though.
A well meant tribute.

I joined in but I agree with your friend. Couple of issues with it, the main one being that i don't think it was appropriate for the tragedy, however i totally accept that it was arranged with the very best of intentions.

The second thing is that as far as i can see it was some kind of last-minute unofficial thing done on the back of someone's suggestion,and I'm not sure I'm totally comfortable with that. We've had a number of these things recently, and they quickly become meaningless.

I get it was done for the right reasons, i participated, but i'm not 100% in agreement with the way it was done.

Hope i managed to make my point without being callous, and it is in no way intended to be disrespectful.

hibby6270
13-03-2016, 11:42 PM
The white pudding supper I got from the chippy when I got home. :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
13-03-2016, 11:43 PM
I joined in but I agree with your friend. Couple of issues with it, the main one being that i don't think it was appropriate for the tragedy, however i totally accept that it was arranged with the very best of intentions.

The second thing is that as far as i can see it was some kind of last-minute unofficial thing done on the back of someone's suggestion,and I'm not sure I'm totally comfortable with that. We've had a number of these things recently, and they quickly become meaningless.

I get it was done for the right reasons, i participated, but i'm not 100% in agreement with the way it was done.

Hope i managed to make my point without being callous, and it is in no way intended to be disrespectful.

Don't know who was behind it, but to me it was crass & inappropriate, sorry if that offends anyone.

Buc
14-03-2016, 12:20 AM
Don't know who was behind it, but to me it was crass & inappropriate, sorry if that offends anyone.

Totally agree. I don't feel a minutes applause was the correct way to remember such a horrific event. I would have supported an official minutes silence before, but not what happened.

Danderhall Hibs
14-03-2016, 12:26 AM
I didn't even know what it was for at the time - is this the one in 17 mins?

Think folk were clapping via they thought they should rather than what it was for (certainly round my bit in D2).

Don't think I saw Ross County join in.

Giro Playboy
14-03-2016, 12:26 AM
I found it bizarre that anyone should want to stand up and applaud murdered school children What are you actually applauding them for?
Would a minutes silence not have been a bit more dignified?

Nakedmanoncrack
14-03-2016, 12:29 AM
I found it bizarre that anyone should want to stand up and applaud murdered school children What are you actually applauding them for?
Would a minutes silence not have been a bit more dignified?

Sadly dignity doesn't seem to have any baring on these sort of occurrences.

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-03-2016, 12:32 AM
I think a lot of folk were probably not sure what it was for and just started to applaud anyway.

It was done with the best intentions, but not sure it was quite appropriate.

SlickShoes
14-03-2016, 12:35 AM
I had a McDonalds when I got home because I hate myself, that was the best bit of the day. Maybe waking up this morning with some hope for hibs as well, but we all know how silly that is.

Didn't think the minutes applause was at all appropriate but appreciate the sentiment at least.

adhibs
14-03-2016, 12:53 AM
absolute nonsense applause, nobody in the away end took partt.

easty
14-03-2016, 12:53 AM
I joined in with the applause, but did say to my old man at the time that I thought it wasn't the right way to remember Dunblane.

Danderhall Hibs
14-03-2016, 01:32 AM
Makes a mockery of all this stuff. I'm not sure anyone really knew why they were clapping. in fact the Ross County fans thought what the **** are they up to while we all blindly went along with it.

TheHarpy76
14-03-2016, 06:40 AM
With it being the 20 year anniversary I think there should have been a minutes silence prior to kickoff. The rugby had one after all.

Pretty poor oversight by the organisers I think.

Pretty Boy
14-03-2016, 06:43 AM

Totally agree.

I didn't join in because it was totally inappropriate and completely at odds with the way the people of Dunblane have dealt with the tragedy over the years.

I'm sure it was done with the best of intentions but it wasn't for me at all.

SkintHibby
14-03-2016, 08:10 AM
Don't think I saw Ross County join in.

They didn"t. I was quite close to them and they looked bemused by what was going on.

I only knew why we were clapping because I had a radio with me and the commentators pointed it out.

Lucius Apuleius
14-03-2016, 08:16 AM
Didn't have a clue why we were clapping and never joined in.

Unseen work
14-03-2016, 08:27 AM
We haven't won in 5 game and Cummings hasn't scored in 5

That is very unlike us and will come to an end

The players will feel the dissapointment and fans anger and kick on for the play offs