PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Irvine

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Was superb for County today. Take him at Hibs in a heartbeat.

Danderhall Hibs
13-03-2016, 09:51 PM
Was superb for County today. Take him at Hibs in a heartbeat.

Lucky to be MoM IMO. If it had to be a county player it should've been their goalie.

Dashing Bob S
13-03-2016, 09:52 PM
He could fill the Matty Jackson Irvine role.

truehibernian
13-03-2016, 09:53 PM
I think he chose County over us - I agree, good player, however we didn't nullify him despite him being consistently their best player and most influential.

Reminds me of Billy Stark - a very very underrated player in his day but very very effective.

Pete
13-03-2016, 09:53 PM
He looks like a girl. Good player though.

DH1875
13-03-2016, 10:04 PM
I think he chose County over us - I agree, good player, however we didn't nullify him despite him being consistently their best player and most influential.

Reminds me of Billy Stark - a very very underrated player in his day but very very effective.

Apparently Killie & Motherwell were in for him as well. Good player and would be more than happy to see him at ER.

greenlex
13-03-2016, 10:05 PM
Can't see where he fit I the Hibs team to be honest. Wouldn't get a game

coldingham hibs
14-03-2016, 04:11 AM
He had a job of man marking McGinn and did a reasonably good job of it but it doesn't take a superstar to man mark. I'm not sure what else he did all game as he rarely crossed the halfway line (if my memory serves me correctly). Tactically Ross County were spot on with a negative man marking system but it won the cup so what can I say.

GreenLake
14-03-2016, 04:27 AM
His task was greatly assisted by Mr Clancy who penalized McGinn repeatedly for being fouled by Irvine.

leither17
14-03-2016, 05:37 AM
I thought he was honking and never deserved man of the match I can't think of one piece of play that he was involved in

loanheadhibby
14-03-2016, 05:43 AM

He reminds me of Tudor-Jones when he was at ICT. He had a decent game but he'd revert to type if we ever signed him. Some players fit a club.

Schteff
14-03-2016, 05:49 AM
If the ref did his job properly and booked him early doors for tripping Bartley this thread wouldn't exist

Stokesy's on fire
14-03-2016, 06:07 AM
His task was greatly assisted by Mr Clancy who penalized McGinn repeatedly for being fouled by Irvine.

This

vanNISHtelroy
14-03-2016, 06:24 AM
Jackson was pretty rubbish when he played for us but seems to have really improved since going to County.

Although he wasn't helped by the fact he was played at centre back and right back for us to fit him in as part of the loan agreement was if he didn't start we had to pay his £2.5k wages, and eventually there were weeks we decided it was better to just pay the money.

He had couple of good games for us though and showed some potential

500miles
14-03-2016, 07:12 AM
Wasn't a patch on Bartley.

Crammond Hibee
14-03-2016, 07:19 AM
Involved in both goals
Kept McGinn quiet
That's quite a good game I reckon

Nutmegged
14-03-2016, 07:44 AM

Yes he would, he's better than McGeouch, Thomson and Fyvie and I'd choose him over Bartley but they could easily play together, only Henderson and McGinn are better IMO

Thecat23
14-03-2016, 07:45 AM
Yes he would, he's better than McGeouch, Thomson and Fyvie and I'd choose him over Bartley but they could easily play together, only Henderson and McGinn are better IMO

Bartley was our best player yesterday. I wouldn't take any County players to be honest, thought they were ****ing crap, and got lucky!

ZAGREB RED
14-03-2016, 08:50 AM
Good at what he does, a midfield spoiler. Has probably ended up there because he wasn't up to being a centre half.

southfieldhibby
14-03-2016, 08:50 AM

lol

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 08:53 AM

:agree:he penalised McGinn for trying to skin him...... :rolleyes:

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 08:55 AM
Bartley was our best player yesterday. I wouldn't take any County players to be honest, thought they were ****ing crap, and got lucky!

:agree:Bartley completely strolled the game. They are a very mediocre team, who set out with the correct plan against our team...

Wilson
14-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Lucky to be MoM IMO. If it had to be a county player it should've been their goalie.

It had to be a County player - they won the cup. It shouldn't have been their goalie as he was up against an ineffective front pairing who gave him a couple of hopeful pings from 30 yards out to deal with and not much else.

Jackson Irvine rightly got it. McGinn has produced for us and much was made of his Scotland call up. Anyone seeing him for the first time will have wondered what the fuss was about. Hopefully he finds his way out of Jackson Irvine's pocket for the Inverness game.

Other than that I thought Gardyne looked up for the game from the start and what little attacking drive they had came through him so he was second choice for MotM for me.

Sejaca
14-03-2016, 09:08 AM
:agree:

Yorkshire HFC
14-03-2016, 10:13 AM
can't see where he fit i the hibs team to be honest. Wouldn't get a game

lol