PDA

View Full Version : why not sit down?

familyman
13-03-2016, 08:11 PM
Why on earth does everyone stand the whole game and sit down at half time?I paid £25 for a seat and as everyone in my area stood(C) the whole match you all had too...
Stewards could at least encourage folks to sit!!!
This also happened on my last visit to this ground.

LancashireHibby
13-03-2016, 08:16 PM
I'd have rather stood up all game that being up and down every two minutes like we were in B6.

sleeping giant
13-03-2016, 08:20 PM
I can't believe grown men would take their seat , look behind them and see kids sitting there but still try to stand up for the whole game.
I was lucky today but could see that exact scenario in the section next to me.

sleeping giant
13-03-2016, 08:21 PM
By all means stand up when we are through on goal but sit back down after ffs.

Pete
13-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Every time I've been in the north people have stood. If people are standing in front of you what are you supposed to do?

Jim44
13-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Bad stewarding. Simple as that.

LordBamba
13-03-2016, 08:31 PM
I much prefer standing when it's a big game. Makes it a better atmosphere imo

Onceinawhile
13-03-2016, 08:33 PM
Was absolutely fine where I was (i6) if you were sat in the North, it was to be expected.

ihibs7
13-03-2016, 08:35 PM
Bad stewarding. Simple as that.

I agree. I'm not fussed either way, but it's not up to fans to enforce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoYO!
13-03-2016, 08:35 PM
A few around me were staring at people's backs for large portions of the game, sat in their seat- just don't have the legs to stand for the whole game. People will come on here and say it's trivial but it needs looked at.

Brightside
13-03-2016, 08:39 PM
the whole of d section were stood up. great. enjoyed it.

brianmc
13-03-2016, 08:39 PM
Such is modern fitba. Blame the politicians who came up with the idea of all seater stadia.
Personally I like to stand. I also understand some people like to sit down.
Until the rules (and stadia designs) change this type of thread/comment will run and run...

*I don't even sit down if I'm watching Hibs on the tele. During the last Derby at tinkcastle for instance I spent the whole game pacing nervously up and down the living room "kicking every baw"

Speedy
13-03-2016, 08:40 PM
A few around me were staring at people's backs for large portions of the game, sat in their seat- just don't have the legs to stand for the whole game. People will come on here and say it's trivial but it needs looked at.

I'd quite happily stand but blocking people's view isn't fair.

...WentToMowAnSPL
13-03-2016, 08:40 PM
the whole of d section were stood up. great. enjoyed it.

Me too.. I was there and my kids could see so I wasn't stressed... And no swaying or anything surprised at the stewarding tbh...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-03-2016, 08:53 PM
Far better atmosphere when we stand. There should be designated standing/sitting areas

TheFall
13-03-2016, 09:03 PM
Was in the North and everybody was standing so I had to stand all game.
Nothing you can do about it and not something to upset me.

The only real losers in this situation are the old dudes who can't stand for long.
At least kids can stand on the seats

monktonharp
13-03-2016, 09:24 PM
the whole of d section were stood up. great. enjoyed it.I was inb D. stood the whole game and everyone stood in front/back/sides much better. some wummin looked tired after 60mins so she sat. no complaint

PiemanP
13-03-2016, 09:26 PM
I severely dislike the shoulder tappers that tell me to sit down. It's a cup final ffs

HibsNutter
13-03-2016, 09:28 PM
People stand in the North every game we play at Hampden, why buy a ticket there if you're gonna moan and force people to sit down? Designated standing sections are needed, hate sitting down at games.

PiemanP
13-03-2016, 09:29 PM
How did you all cope 20 years ago?

franks
13-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Is this not an argument for safe standing areas at football? I know the police prefer seated crowds but should they really have a say?

ruthven_raiders
13-03-2016, 09:33 PM
Is this not an argument for safe standing areas at football? I now the police prefer seated crowds but should they really have a say?

Yup safe standing areas and proper family sections which are not behind the goal, I was in C4 and got into an argument as my 5 and 10 year old had to watch the big screens half the time. I was embarrassed at letting rip at the guys in front....

ruthven_raiders
13-03-2016, 09:35 PM
People stand in the North every game we play at Hampden, why buy a ticket there if you're gonna moan and force people to sit down? Designated standing sections are needed, hate sitting down at games.

Problem was there were no family areas....next time I will avoid the north stand

Michael
13-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Either safe standing needs introduced or sitting down needs to be enforced. Yet another thing Scottish football can't get right!

gaz1875
13-03-2016, 09:49 PM

The stadiums weren't all seated 20 years ago?

Liam89
13-03-2016, 09:55 PM
By all means stand up when we are through on goal but sit back down after ffs.

So annoying. I had an old boy continue to stand up for at least 2 minutes after every attack had dissipated and everybody else had sat down. Means I had to peer around him as I knew if I stood up the kids behind me couldn't see.

hibby6270
13-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Aye. I had some ersehole in North D1 probably seat L8 or L9 who announced at the start of the game - "It's a ******ing cup final for ******'s sake, everybody stay standing"

Eventually most saw the light an sat down. The guy moved at half time and no doubt found somewhere he could "******ing stand" as he so eloquently put it. Probably in North D2 who did stand all through the game.

He wasn't missed.

eastterrace
13-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Aye. I had some ersehole in North D1 probably seat L8 or L9 who announced at the start of the game - "It's a ******ing cup final for ******'s sake, everybody stay standing" Eventually most saw the light an sat down. The guy moved at half time and no doubt found somewhere he could "******ing stand" as he so eloquently put it. Probably in North D2 who did stand all through the game. He wasn't missed. probably a day tripper who couldn't give a ****

Giro Playboy
13-03-2016, 11:42 PM
Its appalling, shocking and disguising that someone may stand up during the game

adhibs
13-03-2016, 11:48 PM
been beat off ross county and people are arguing about standing. no wonder it was a shan atmosphere today

Steve-O
13-03-2016, 11:51 PM
The stadiums weren't all seated 20 years ago?

I think the point was how did kids and auld folk cope when there was terracing? I bet they didn't ALL sit in the main stand, that is for sure.

Glory Lurker
13-03-2016, 11:54 PM
Not saying if it's okay or not but the North Stand is almost always a standing area.

jgl07
14-03-2016, 01:09 AM
Strange thought it seems there were seats 20 years ago. Easter Road was all seater back then. Even before that the North and West were all seated.

Steve-O
14-03-2016, 02:22 AM
Strange thought it seems there were seats 20 years ago. Easter Road was all seater back then. Even before that the North and West were all seated.

We're getting old...:wink:

What about 30 years ago?

frazeHFC
14-03-2016, 12:36 PM
The north is usually always standing at our games when at Hampden. In previous years when behind the goals is advertised as a family area maybe they should have done that so people who would rather sit could go there.

kennyh
14-03-2016, 12:43 PM
Would have preferred the North but was with my lad and knew he wouldn't see a thing as we know folks stand there for the duration so we went to the South.

Cant see why anyone would buy a T for the North and complain, its where folk go to stand.

There should have been a designated Family block though to help kids see.

mvteng
14-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Aye. I had some ersehole in North D1 probably seat L8 or L9 who announced at the start of the game - "It's a ******ing cup final for ******'s sake, everybody stay standing"

Eventually most saw the light an sat down. The guy moved at half time and no doubt found somewhere he could "******ing stand" as he so eloquently put it. Probably in North D2 who did stand all through the game.

He wasn't missed.

Big guy about 30-40 with a grey jumper on. Made my day when he didn't come back at half time. We were in row N 2 rows directly behind him

GreenArmyyy!
14-03-2016, 01:09 PM
I severely dislike the shoulder tappers that tell me to sit down. It's a cup final ffs

This 100%. I understand for people that can't stand for 90 minutes but starting a thread complaining because all of these bad people were standing and providing support for the team instead of sitting on their hands is just mental.

Kaiserclem
14-03-2016, 01:14 PM
To be honest, 22,000 of our fans yesterday don't to got home games and get behind the team week in week out so if they ain't happy some were standing then hard lines. Yes, sounds harsh but most are part time supporters so not really fussed.

GordonHFC
14-03-2016, 01:23 PM
I deliberately picked my Season Ticket for the Famous Five top tier back row so that I can stand and watch the game without there being anyone behind me to complain about it.

Cant stand sitting down to watch a game.

Big_Franck
14-03-2016, 01:24 PM
This 100%. I understand for people that can't stand for 90 minutes but starting a thread complaining because all of these bad people were standing and providing support for the team instead of sitting on their hands is just mental.

Agreed, we were in D2 and stood for the whole game as I knew we would. The north stand is nearly always full of people that stand to watch the game.

We should start to demand safe standing areas more though. No reason why it can't work in Scotland as it does in other European countries. Also, there should be a designated family section at every hampden game that way those who are unable or unwilling to stand for the game can buy a ticket safe in the knowledge they can sit and be able to see the game. Everyone wins then.

ruthven_raiders
14-03-2016, 01:31 PM
To be honest, 22,000 of our fans yesterday don't to got home games and get behind the team week in week out so if they ain't happy some were standing then hard lines. Yes, sounds harsh but most are part time supporters so not really fussed.

We are not part time supporters, season ticket holders, I for one didn't realise the north stand is where everyone stands. Have usually been behind goals or in south, sorry for not being knowledgeable about this, in future I will be. Have no problem with people standing if the area is full of adults and it's made clear it is not for families and yes I did stand quite a lot, my kids ended up standing on the seats for the last 20mins, my son was really upset at us losing near the end, didn't talk till he got home. He's cheered up now and hoping to get back to hampden soon ;o)

HibbyKeith
14-03-2016, 02:43 PM
Never had bother with folk standing infront of me at Hampden and we frequently get our seats for the North Stand, So i guess I've just been lucky previously.
Yesterday we were near the front of D3. My youngest son watched most of the first half on the big screen, him standing on the seat just blocked the view further for people behind him. better in the 2nd half where most to the right of us were sitting down, but the pisser for him is on his first visit to Hampden he didn't actually see Hibs score. will be taking him to the south stand for any future visits.

TrinityHibs
14-03-2016, 03:13 PM
Big guy about 30-40 with a grey jumper on. Made my day when he didn't come back at half time. We were in row N 2 rows directly behind him

I was in M just behind him. Classic comment I've paid fur ma seat so I can stand if I want. I think the irony was lost on him. I also thought the big lad in front of him was going to deck him

mvteng
14-03-2016, 03:18 PM
I was in M just behind him. Classic comment I've paid fur ma seat so I can stand if I want. I think the irony was lost on him. I also thought the big lad in front of him was going to deck him

You must have been sitting right in front of us. I had 3 kids with me.

ruthven_raiders
14-03-2016, 03:29 PM
Never had bother with folk standing infront of me at Hampden and we frequently get our seats for the North Stand, So i guess I've just been lucky previously.
Yesterday we were near the front of D3. My youngest son watched most of the first half on the big screen, him standing on the seat just blocked the view further for people behind him. better in the 2nd half where most to the right of us were sitting down, but the pisser for him is on his first visit to Hampden he didn't actually see Hibs score. will be taking him to the south stand for any future visits.

I will be doing the same

TrinityHibs
14-03-2016, 03:42 PM
You must have been sitting right in front of us. I had 3 kids with me.

Just slightly along I think. We were in M11 and 12 so when he stood up he blocked the view to the west goal. I had an older guy behind me who broke into "that's entertainment " at one time.

mvteng
14-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Just slightly along I think. We were in M11 and 12 so when he stood up he blocked the view to the west goal. I had an older guy behind me who broke into "that's entertainment " at one time.

The old guy was sitting next to me.

madhatter
14-03-2016, 03:57 PM
A debate about nothing really. I had some kids standing on the seats in front of me which made seeing the pitch very difficult even whilst standing. It is a football match not theatre. I enjoyed standing for the whole match as it added atmosphere and prevented the up, down, up, down trend when chances occurred. I've missed many goals at ER this season because someone was quicker than me in the up movement - should there be zones based on reaction times so people don't have this problem? If everyone in your section is standing you avoid this unless someone jumps before the ball is in the net.

North certainly was a privilege to be in and seemed to be where most of the atmosphere was generated from.

I can agree that not seeing the pitch is an inconvenience but the angle the Hampden stands go at already make you feel miles away from the pitch unless you are near the front and sitting down would make it feel less like a football match than it already does.

There should be family seating areas and people should be able to stand if they wish in designated areas.

HappyHanlon
14-03-2016, 03:59 PM
Is this seriously being debated? FFS.

Sitting down is awful, up and down every few minutes. Kills atmosphere as well.

Maybe if some of the day trippers got off their erse and actually bothered coming to Easter Road then they'd see that standing works brilliantly in Section 43. Cannae do the lead up to Carnival De Paris sitting on yer erse.

Nae wonder the atmosphere is honkin in some parts of the stadium. Sit down with their arms folded making sure the tartan rug is tucked in properly.

marinello59
14-03-2016, 04:10 PM

Maybe if some of the day trippers got off their erse and actually bothered coming to Easter Road then they'd see that standing works brilliantly in Section 43. Cannae do the lead up to Carnival De Paris sitting on yer erse.

Nae wonder the atmosphere is honkin in some parts of the stadium. Sit down with their arms folded making sure the tartan rug is tucked in properly.

Dearie me.

Pete
14-03-2016, 04:15 PM
We really, really need to get safe standing introduced to the game here.

Ironically, the big curves of terracing behind the goals at hampden would be ideal.

It would end these arguments, stop "unsafe standing" and actually give the fans what they want.

Hermit Crab
14-03-2016, 04:17 PM
There was no announcements before the game regarding being seated during the game or during the match so it must be be a problem for the police or stewards. Convert that whole both to a terrace. Everybody stands in it anyway.

HappyHanlon
14-03-2016, 04:20 PM
Dearie me.

You okay Hon?

Scouse Hibee
14-03-2016, 04:20 PM

What if they are unable to stand for the whole game ffs.

NorthHibees
14-03-2016, 04:27 PM
Why on earth does everyone stand the whole game and sit down at half time?I paid £25 for a seat and as everyone in my area stood(C) the whole match you all had too...
Stewards could at least encourage folks to sit!!!
This also happened on my last visit to this ground.

How many football games have you been to guessing not that many if people standing up is obviously a surprise for you.

StevieT
14-03-2016, 04:28 PM

Possibly the worst comment I've read on here.

Jay
14-03-2016, 04:29 PM
What if they are unable to stand for the whole game ffs.

For medical reasons it's unlikely I'd manage to stand for the whole game even if I wanted to but my problem is that I'm just over five feet tall and can't see when people stand, they are either much taller or its kids standing on the seats.

My_Wife_Camille
14-03-2016, 04:30 PM

:top marks

Sitting down own at the football is a weird, soulless and passive experience for thousands of people, hence why the majority of people stand at big games like Derby matches and cup finals.

Theres no doubt in my mind that there's a direct correlation between the rise of seated venues and the fall of decent atmosphere at the football.

The atmoshpere at Easter Road these days is at the stage where your average mashed banana eating, library going pensioner would laugh at how quiet and dull it is. If it gets any worse it'll end up as bad as the Rugby and we'll all be sitting in neutral seating with half and half scarves on, applauding opposition goals.

Pretty Boy
14-03-2016, 04:33 PM
If this thread proves anything it's that there is a debate needed about safe standing.

There are those who wish to stand and will do so regardless of what others think. There are those who don't or in some cases can't. In most football stadiums there is plenty space to accomodate both safely and sensibly.

marinello59
14-03-2016, 04:35 PM
You okay Hon?

The problems at Hampden yesterday didn't come from supporters asking other supporters if they minded sitting down. In my experience fans are pretty reasonable about these things. It came from overly aggressive ****wits who thought their idea of how to enjoy themselves at Hampden allowed them to do exactly what they wanted and to pour abuse and scorn on those who disagreed. . I don't suppose you know anybody like that?

HappyHanlon
14-03-2016, 04:38 PM
If this thread proves anything it's that there is a debate needed about safe standing.

There are those who wish to stand and will do so regardless of what others think. There are those who don't or in some cases can't. In most football stadiums there is plenty space to accomodate both safely and sensibly.

Only seems to be British football that has a problem. Dortmund have a whole stand that erm, stand and there's no issue, same as other teams throughout Europe.

If it was me, i'd make the FF and East Stand available for standing and then the West and whatever's left of the south for families.

Fishwicke
14-03-2016, 04:41 PM
Most fans remain in their seats at Easter Road, why the needed to stand at other stadiums?

HappyHanlon
I seem to recall the entire section of fans at Malmo standing. The atmosphere was superb.

Mind you, also allowed fans to have a bevvy so that may or may not have been a factor!

Pete

:agree:

Watch match of the day and you'll see every visiting support standing.

The only question should be: do you want safe standing or unsafe standing?

DaveF
14-03-2016, 04:47 PM

Sitting down own at the football is a weird, soulless and passive experience for thousands of people, hence why the majority of people stand at big games like Derby matches and cup finals.

Theres no doubt in my mind that there's a direct correlation between the rise of seated venues and the fall of decent atmosphere at the football.

The atmoshpere at Easter Road these days is at the stage where your average mashed banana eating, library going pensioner would laugh at how quiet and dull it is. If it gets any worse it'll end up as bad as the Rugby and we'll all be sitting in neutral seating with half and half scarves on, applauding opposition goals.

I've stood on the terracing at ER many times when it's been as dead as a dodo - a few thousand people milling about watching crap fitba'

The product on the park dictates the atmosphere, not me eating my prawn sandwich in the West Upper.

ihibs7
14-03-2016, 04:48 PM
I think a proper family section would help - where rules on drunken behaviour and standing were enforced. The family sections in recent trips have been anything but - cheap seats with the worst behaviour - which is probably why there was so many kids in the north on Sunday.

Although buying tickets in the front row and expecting to stand without being moaned at is possibly unrealistic.

What is the law on standing? I thought I seen signs that said no standing - this is the crux for me its up to stewards to enforce not fans, and that's true of the worst behaviour behind the goals - stewards don't do enough in my opinion, not even close

HappyHanlon
14-03-2016, 04:52 PM
I've stood on the terracing at ER many times when it's been as dead as a dodo - a few thousand people milling about watching crap fitba'

The product on the park dictates the atmosphere, not me eating my prawn sandwich in the West Upper.

Would keep seagulls away

hibee
14-03-2016, 04:53 PM
I've had a season ticket for 25+ years, just because I prefer to sit and watch doesn't make me a bad supporter.

I'd go as far to say if I had to stand I'd have given up going many years ago.

I was in the South with the kids and it was so much better that if we get back there I'd pay adult prices to take them back. Don't see why adults think it's ok to stand in front of anyone just because they used to be allowed to do it back in the day. You can't just changes the rules because you don't like them.

Maybe they could dig out the front rows of stadiums and allow standing there but no doubt the cost would stop most clubs.

DaveF
14-03-2016, 04:56 PM
Only seems to be British football that has a problem. Dortmund have a whole stand that erm, stand and there's no issue, same as other teams throughout Europe.

If it was me, i'd make the FF and East Stand available for standing and then the West and whatever's left of the south for families.

The Sect 43 flag wavers stand every week in the East so what's the problem? Remind me how great the atmopshere is again?

My_Wife_Camille
14-03-2016, 04:59 PM
The Sect 43 flag wavers stand every week in the East so what's the problem? Remind me how great the atmopshere is again?
Better than any other area of the ground for a start. Not a coincidence IMO

Hibeesforever
14-03-2016, 04:59 PM
I think a proper family section would help - where rules on drunken behaviour and standing were enforced. The family sections in recent trips have been anything but - cheap seats with the worst behaviour - which is probably why there was so many kids in the north on Sunday.

Although buying tickets in the front row and expecting to stand without being moaned at is possibly unrealistic.

What is the law on standing? I thought I seen signs that said no standing - this is the crux for me its up to stewards to enforce not fans, and that's true of the worst behaviour behind the goals - stewards don't do enough in my opinion, not even close

The screens said standing would not be tolerated. Trouble is that if on the touchline, the Hampden screen is not very clear.
Poor ticketing and lack of a family section was the supposed problem.For me, I was getting cold sitting, so preferred standing and singing to cheer the team on.

StevieT
14-03-2016, 05:00 PM

The standing area debate is a subject which may or may not get discussed in the future. Until such times as it does then there is no standing permitted at a football match whether you like it or not. The regulations are there for a reason and until such times as they change you will have to accept that you have to sit down.

This thread highlights a couple of things for me.

Firstly, the lack of respect to other people which is worsened when copious amounts of alcohol are consumed. When I go to the football I want to be able to see what's going on, I don't want to look at someone else's back or have to try and see around them. Believe it or not, but I am quite able to vocally back the team whilst in the sitting position. I can sing and shout encouragement equally whilst sitting or standing (I occasionally go to Station Park and can chose to sit or stand).

Secondly, it really gets on my thruppennies when certain supporters talk about taking over certain parts of the stadium e.g. FF lower. There are people who have supported the club for years from these seats and yet certain fans think they should be moved out to accommodate a small group so they can sing from behind the goals. Thanks goodness it's not up to you who sits where.

HappyHanlon

In that section it's loud when it gets going. Pity that the rest of the stadium is sitting there quietly. How can you make a stadium intimidating when nae sod makes a sound except one section?

marinello59
:agree:

Watch match of the day and you'll see every visiting support standing.

The only question should be: do you want safe standing or unsafe standing?

I think the vast majority of us are in favour of safe standing areas. I certainly am.

EH54
14-03-2016, 05:01 PM
Since 2004 my first trip to Hampden i could tell you that the North Stand is majority standing maybe excluding the first 10 or so rows that's why i got tickets there and that's why i was standing for the full 90mins.

DaveF
14-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Better than any other area of the ground for a start. Not a coincidence IMO

And that's purely down to you and yer pals standing all game is it?

IWasThere2016
14-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Agree with PD and PB - safe standing is a must.

I loathe sitting but there was a tiresome, drink fuelled and heated exchange in F7 where I was. Threats of punch-ups etc made.

DaveF
14-03-2016, 05:06 PM
In that section it's loud when it gets going. Pity that the rest of the stadium is sitting there quietly. How can you make a stadium intimidating when nae sod makes a sound except one section?

The infatuation with standing is clouding your judgement. Ask anyone who stood on the terrace at ER (open or covered) and they will tell you that good, exciting football is what generates atmosphere all over the stadium, not banging a drum.

EH54
14-03-2016, 05:08 PM

to be fair how **** would it be singing SOL sitting down or 500 Miles while just clapping your hands on the edge of your seat its the same with every other song standing does have an impact on the atmosphere or i certainly think so

TrinityHibs
The old guy was sitting next to me.

It's. Village. Apologies for my language:greengrin

HappyHanlon
The infatuation with standing is clouding your judgement. Ask anyone who stood on the terrace at ER (open or covered) and they will tell you that good, exciting football is what generates atmosphere all over the stadium, not banging a drum.

I enjoy the matches better when standing up instead of being restricted to sitting down. Especially as some grounds have really crap seating arrangements, notably Tannadump and New Love Street (or whatever they call it these days).

Also for the record, i'm no in the group that bang the drum. I stand in that section and enjoy the atmosphere it generates.

DaveF
14-03-2016, 05:10 PM
to be fair how **** would it be singing SOL sitting down or 500 Miles while just clapping your hands on the edge of your seat its the same with every other song standing does have an impact on the atmosphere or i certainly think so

That's just a daft comment as it never happens and never will. It's like saying no one jumps up to celebrate a goal and just sits there giving a nod of approval.

MWHIBBIES
14-03-2016, 05:29 PM

Nae wonder the atmosphere is honkin in some parts of the stadium. Sit down with their arms folded making sure the tartan rug is tucked in properly.Not missed a home game this season and I prefer to sit, ignorant comment.

My_Wife_Camille
14-03-2016, 06:04 PM
Doubtful seeing as my season ticket is nowhere near them.

Scouse Hibee
14-03-2016, 06:11 PM

We were 20 years younger.

hibee_nation
14-03-2016, 06:20 PM
This is going to be a continual source of argument till someone sees sense and gives people like me who like to stand somewhere to do it without upsetting anyone else.

Scouse Hibee
14-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Anyone like to stand at the cinema or theatre?Just wondering what a "standing" fans reaction would be if I stood in front of them at either of those venues. Maybe if enough people joined me in standing you would just accept it?

Stokesy's on fire
14-03-2016, 06:25 PM
This is a hard one I must admit I like to stand but my wee girl didn't. Felt sorry for her had to let her stand on her seat but that's not always the safest option due to the potential for them to flip back

StevieT
14-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Anyone like to stand at the cinema or theatre?Just wondering what a "standing" fans reaction would be if I stood in front of them at either of those venues. Maybe if enough people joined me in standing you would just accept it?

:top marks IMHO it's about respect for others. You're not allowed to stand but there are those who will stand and to hell with everyone else. There are those who are unable to stand for a whole game, those who are too short to see over the top of others standing (kids and those vertically challenged). But as long as those who need to stand get their way then that's ok.

eastterrace
14-03-2016, 06:33 PM
Is this seriously being debated? FFS. Sitting down is awful, up and down every few minutes. Kills atmosphere as well. Maybe if some of the day trippers got off their erse and actually bothered coming to Easter Road then they'd see that standing works brilliantly in Section 43. Cannae do the lead up to Carnival De Paris sitting on yer erse. Nae wonder the atmosphere is honkin in some parts of the stadium. Sit down with their arms folded making sure the tartan rug is tucked in properly. I've done all that standing pish over the years but glad to get a seat now. So you like standing which is fine but no need to take the mickey out of fans who prefer siting with there tartan rugs

andy1875
14-03-2016, 06:39 PM
Standing or sitting really depends on the circumstances imo.

I have stood at games before at Hampden, when you are surrounded by other lads or lassies your size who can all see the game then theres no problem.

If you are at a game and there are families around you, particularly with young kids then you have to sit down, only to be fair to allow everyone to see. Its common sense and just being generally decent to allow young uns or smaller people than you :greengrin to see the game.

Its as simple as that for me. Be decent to your fellow Hibby!

Sammy7nil
14-03-2016, 06:44 PM
Standing or sitting really depends on the circumstances imo.

I have stood at games before at Hampden, when you are surrounded by other lads or lassies your size who can all see the game then theres no problem.

If you are at a game and there are families around you, particularly with young kids then you have to sit down, only to be fair to allow everyone to see. Its common sense and just being generally decent to allow young uns or smaller people than you :greengrin to see the game.

Its as simple as that for me. Be decent to your fellow Hibby!

:agree::agree: also some auld folk struggle or can't stand for 90 mins. The problem is there are too many ignorant, arrogant drunk people who think it is all about them.

matty_f
14-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Folk don't have respect for others these days, it's all "what about me?". Folk would rather ruin it for others then make a concession.

I stood for the whole game in D2, because I could, and because I had to. I didn't mind, in fact I really enjoyed it. There was a good atmosphere in the whole section. My son could see so it wasn't an issue for him, but had he not been able to see I'd have asked the folk in front if they minded sitting down.

I sat for most of the derby win last month, the atmosphere was brilliant and I had one of the best nights at the football in ages. Same when we beat Aberdeen - a terrific night and the huge majority of the West Upper sat through it.

"What about me, I can stand if I want?" - pish, you can stand if you want and you can be a prick if you want. You don't have to do either.

Real Emerald
14-03-2016, 08:12 PM
:agree::agree: also some auld folk struggle or can't stand for 90 mins. The problem is there are too many ignorant, arrogant drunk people who think it is all about them.
Correct, it's a seated stadium and therefore you should sit. But it's also rightly or wrongly an alcohol fueled cup final, just like a pop concert and people will stand. It's not Celine Dion you're going to see ( I did enjoy that by the way). So, the decision comes down to the punter, either go and put up with it, too unfit to stand, buy corporate to get away from the idiots or watch on TV. It is what it is and I don't like it either but you know what you're getting. One thing I would say though, there needs to be a dedicated familly section so folk can take kids and not expect them to watch grown mem standing in front falling about pished and fighting, total disgrace.

green&left
14-03-2016, 08:45 PM
What a bunch of sad moaning faced noel hunts. Whinging because having to stand for for two periods of 45 minutes at a cup final. If you want to guarantee a seat buy south stand, if you want to pretty guarantee standing go north, if your not bothered either way go behind the goals.

Jay
14-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Correct, it's a seated stadium and therefore you should sit. But it's also rightly or wrongly an alcohol fueled cup final, just like a pop concert and people will stand. It's not Celine Dion you're going to see ( I did enjoy that by the way). So, the decision comes down to the punter, either go and put up with it, too unfit to stand, buy corporate to get away from the idiots or watch on TV. It is what it is and I don't like it either but you know what you're getting. One thing I would say though, there needs to be a dedicated familly section so folk can take kids and not expect them to watch grown mem standing in front falling about pished and fighting, total disgrace.

So my choice, being just over five foot, is put up with it (see nothing), don't go or pay a fortune for corporate?

Also the absolute worse time I was at Hampden was in the family section, presume because it was cheaper. More drunks around me, without kids, than there was yesterday. I was in the north, C4 and saw no trouble at all, people were only standing when there was a chance of something happening, I managed to peer through a bairns arms while he held his scarf up, I didn't mind that at all. If we had stood the whole game I'd have seen nothing - is that fair?

Personally I'd have a standing section or have the back so many rows for people who want to stand. Let those who want to sit, or who have to sit do what they want to.

MKHIBEE
14-03-2016, 09:05 PM
What a bunch of sad moaning faced noel hunts.

No need for that, I have no problem standing,my wife however struggles through arthritic knees and there were plenty of elderly around us who struggled and youngsters who could see very little. Not that I think you give a monkeys anyway but all people wanted to do was see the game.

DaveF
14-03-2016, 09:11 PM
What a bunch of sad moaning faced noel hunts. Whinging because having to stand for for two periods of 45 minutes at a cup final. If you want to guarantee a seat buy south stand, if you want to pretty guarantee standing go north, if your not bothered either way go behind the goals.

Just wrong, wrong and wrong again. No wonder there is bother at these type if games if that's your true attitude.

BSEJVT
14-03-2016, 09:12 PM
If it's a seated area as all are at Hampden then if you are asked to sit then you should, end of.

If that means the guy in the very back row wants you to sit and it is passed down row by row to the front then sit down.

We were 3rd row from back of c4 and folk in front and behind all stood as did we.

That's the first time in donkeys years I have stood and really enjoyed it.

O'Rourke3
14-03-2016, 09:12 PM
The issue with safe standing is those that can't get in will stand in the other areas and accuse those sitting for ruining the atmosphere because apparently atmosphere is being created simply by being p*ssed....I'm in there with all the other short erses. Growing up I was constantly fighting to get a decent view of the game. Seating means I get the view I paid for. I've no probs singing sitting down.

Scouse Hibee
14-03-2016, 09:29 PM

Listen to the voice of authority on the subject. Pathetic post.

humptiedumptie
14-03-2016, 10:57 PM
Jings, ah can remember when the only place you could sit was in the stand, when there w,as no segregation, when you had to have your wits about you in the ground stood next to the Rangers supporters, when you got soaked by the rain or someone pissing into a beer can and their piss lifting into the wind, when you could get a twisted ankle in the crowd surge, when the old firm bottles would rain down towards the pitch and onto the heads of their own supporters, before the fans chanting, just excitement from the crowd. Progress is that you don,t know how lucky you are with all seated stadia, Easter Road arguably the best in Scotland. Generally,you can expect that the Hampden experience, apart from the result, will leave a lot to be desired. For financial reasons it was redeveloped on the cheap,consider how you enter the stadium then descend towards your seating area and any football stadium with a running track space is not a proper football venue. I,ve been in the Past. Do you really want to go there?

IWasThere2016
14-03-2016, 11:03 PM
If it's a seated area as all are at Hampden then if you are asked to sit then you should, end of.

If that means the guy in the very back row wants you to sit and it is passed down row by row to the front then sit down.

We were 3rd row from back of c4 and folk in front and behind all stood as did we.

That's the first time in donkeys years I have stood and really enjoyed it.

It's the only way ... my fave games are the likes of Cowden where it's the only way :greengrin

That was me giving you the thumbs up/thumbs down outside on Aikenhead Road at FT btw :greengrin

MKHIBEE
15-03-2016, 05:11 AM

Schalke have an end that stands during domestic games, but, like Dortmund, that end is adapted for standing during such games, totally irrelevant comparison.

s.a.m
15-03-2016, 06:44 AM

So....people should have to pay a premium to avoid the idiots, or watch the match on TV? Where to begin.......:greengrin Perhaps instead of a special section for families or others who don't want their day spoiled by drunken, aggressive, selfish ****holes, we could have a section for drunken, aggressive ****holes, and the civilised majority could enjoy the match? Or we could have proper stewarding?

So my choice, being just over five foot, is put up with it (see nothing), don't go or pay a fortune for corporate?

Also the absolute worse time I was at Hampden was in the family section, presume because it was cheaper. More drunks around me, without kids, than there was yesterday. I was in the north, C4 and saw no trouble at all, people were only standing when there was a chance of something happening, I managed to peer through a bairns arms while he held his scarf up, I didn't mind that at all. If we had stood the whole game I'd have seen nothing - is that fair?

Personally I'd have a standing section or have the back so many rows for people who want to stand. Let those who want to sit, or who have to sit do what they want to.

Quite. "Ah've paid my money..." should entitle me to see the game. It doesn't entitle me to watch the game according to a set of personal preferences that prevent other people from watching the game. Like you, I'm a short lass. I'm also unable to stand for any length of time. The Hampden steps are quite shallow, and if someone tallish stands in front of me I can't see past them, even if standing.

There should be a standing section. While the stadium remains all-seater, standing doesn't work, because it prevents others from seeing the game. Which is, basically, just selfish.

StevieT
15-03-2016, 08:00 AM
So....people should have to pay a premium to avoid the idiots, or watch the match on TV? Where to begin.......:greengrin Perhaps instead of a special section for families or others who don't want their day spoiled by drunken, aggressive, selfish ****holes, we could have a section for drunken, aggressive ****holes, and the civilised majority could enjoy the match? Or we could have proper stewarding?

There is such a place....the pub.

Quite. "Ah've paid my money..." should entitle me to see the game. It doesn't entitle me to watch the game according to a set of personal preferences that prevent other people from watching the game. Like you, I'm a short lass. I'm also unable to stand for any length of time. The Hampden steps are quite shallow, and if someone tallish stands in front of me I can't see past them, even if standing.

There should be a standing section. While the stadium remains all-seater, standing doesn't work, because it prevents others from seeing the game. Which is, basically, just selfish.

EH54
15-03-2016, 08:16 AM
I go to every game intending to stand, Hampden, ER or Livingston doesn't matter if i'm told to take a seat or if someone behind me cant see ill happily take a seat when asked. I was lucky enough at Hampden to have everyone behind me standing up. and never seen any bother like people are saying on here

green&left
15-03-2016, 08:17 AM
Listen to the voice of authority on the subject. Pathetic post.

Pathetic post? Coming from the man who is comparing watching Hibs in a final at Hampden to watching Batman at the pictures :cb:aok:

JAY-ESS GREEN
15-03-2016, 08:22 AM
To the 2 hard men in hospitality . I wasn't asking you to stop singing or enjoy yourselves just sit down and let my cancer stricken dad see what will be his last league cup final. Next time maybe lay off the sauce ya selfish gits

percy veer
15-03-2016, 08:22 AM
I prefer standing if I looked around saw a kid then I would sit down, if however what has happened to me in the past that the said kid continually kicks the back of my chair for 90mins and after asking them politely to give it a rest son and the parents dont encourage their kids to stop then karma (standing) is a good tool.

Half the people on here complaining probs never gave the person a tap, nine times out of ten they probs wold have sat down.

Real Emerald
15-03-2016, 08:28 AM

I'm not agreeing with it, I'm on your side here. All I'm trying to say is what can you really do about it. I was there with my wife, son, his girlfriend, we had a wee boy sitting in front and there was no drunks or trouble around us for a change. But we have in the past had folk falling on us etc and I agree fully with your points. I just don't know what you can do to stop it bar not going, paying more etc. I know its not right.

Johnny Clash
15-03-2016, 09:23 AM
I prefer to stand but not if it spoils the game for anyone else. That's why our season ticket seats are back row of East at ER.

As previous people have suggeted -there should be safe standing areas but in the absence of that then it would help if we can somehow reach a consensus that, at the likes of Hampden, fans who want to stand should buy tickets in certain sections. We were lucky we ended up in D2 but that was just pure chance.

Coco Bryce
15-03-2016, 10:14 AM
Took my 8 year old to his first final on Sunday, also took him to his first derby (SC replay) at ER a few weeks backs and believe me people standing up was the least of my worries. At the Hearts game, there a was a pissed guy in his 30s sitting behind us on his own in the West Lower who constantly shouted obscenities about every hearts player, their wives and girlfriends kids, pets you name it and the ref for 90s minutes. I asked him to tone it down a little, he just ignored me, if I hadn't been with my son I would have certainly shut him up! And on Sunday with my son again and my 70 year old father we had a family behind us, yes FAMILY and the disgusting vile coming from the son who looked about 14 at most was nothing short of embarrassing, when someone commented on it the Dad said "That's ma boy" :rolleyes:

I may have just been very unlucky to have theses muppets beside me on these occasions and I understand my son will hear swearing at school and in everday life but I not sure I really want my son or myself for that to be subjected to this garbage while watching our beloved Hibees.

FranckSuzy
15-03-2016, 10:15 AM
To me, folk who want to stand at the football should buy seats in the back rows, just like folk who persist on going to the toilet every 2 minutes should buy seats nearest the aisle. Surprised I've not won the world record for the amount of times you can stand up and then immediately sit down again in a 90 minute period with all the toilet breaks folk needed on Sun :rolleyes:

To make it even worse, the only time I had to leave the row I was in (only 3 seats in so it didn't bother many folk :wink:) I missed our goal :grr: :tee hee:

NAE NOOKIE
15-03-2016, 10:26 AM

I cant be arsed to multi quote you, or run a poll asking folk which one of your posts on the last 4 pages was the worst, so I'll settle for this one.

What an utter disregard you show for your fellow Hibs supporters. FYI sonny a lot of the folk you are so dismissive of are the ones who spent their early years supporting Hibs trying to generate an atmosphere on a huge open terrace at ER with no roof and in the various ****holes around Scotland with no catering, bogs that would embarrass a Brazilian favela and the guarantee that you would watch the game under a hail of pies, cans filled with the opposition supporters pish and the odd Golf ball here and there.

I started watching Hibs in the mid 70s home and away ( away stopped for the most part in 1984 ) and in that time I missed 50% of the play in the games I went to see because I'm only 5'6" tall and I was behind a couple of 6 footers ...... so dinnae come on here trying tae teach yer granny tae suck eggs.

I was in the North stand on Sunday stood the whole game and didn't have a problem with it. The 2 kids with us and my mates partner who is just over 5' tall didn't seem to take to it for some reason, I wonder why? I have seen all but one game Hibs have played at Hampden since 1979 and a few Scotland games and I had no idea that everybody stood in the north stand at games ..... I was in that stand in 2007 and cant remember standing for the whole game. I cant believe there are folk on here saying "its ok your kids can stand on the seats to see" ..... aye, if you are prepared to spend your evening at Glasgow southern general waiting for your bairn to have its 'stookie' fitted.

"Everybody knows its standing in the north at Hampden" ..... oh aye, show me where it says that on the ticket. No they dinnae and it doesn't make them part timers if they don't.

As for your low opinion of the FF and West standites ....... In my experience ( FF lower for the last 20 years ) when the game is exciting we are as keen to join in as anybody else in the stadium ... or wasn't I at the Dundee Utd, Aberdeen or Hearts games?

FWIW .... I am a huge advocate of a proper safe standing area at ER and have been banging the drum ( no pun intended ) for it on here for years. I would happily move from my seat in the FF to accommodate it, though I am aware that a good few of my FF brethren don't share that view. As for the 'singing section' as it stands just now:

1) ..... They are in totally the wrong part of the East, if they want their noise to be noticed and other fans to join in they would be much better situated in the section of the East nearest the FF and up the back ... that way the kids in the FF and the adults in the West upper might be inclined to join in with them. Or havent they noticed that the majority of the crowd at ER are on the FF side of the half way line?

2) ..... In the 90s when crowds at ER were smaller than they are now a load of radges were able to get about 200 folk to go to every Hibs game for a punch up. And yet the current singing section doesn't seem to be able to get more than a couple of hundred ( on a good day ) to turn up to back the actual team. At big games the singing section can have over a thousand in it .... perhaps on one of those occasions they could hand out leaflets telling folk what 'Ultra' means ... it certainly doesn't mean only turning up for big games, it means turning up for 'every game' ......... you know, like the tartan rug brigade you think so little of do.

Before auld gits like me start handing over our place in the ground of 20 years to create a proper standing / singing section with a 2,000 capacity at Easter Road, it would help if the guys actually involved in it got their act together and made an effort to get folk to join in with them, so that a move by the club along these lines would be worth it.

Rant over.

seanshow
15-03-2016, 11:26 AM
Big games away from your home ground usually means standing, swyncastle/greyskull etc and hampden is no different, ' more standing up bouncing, and less sitting an applauding imo.

Golden Bear
15-03-2016, 11:37 AM
I cant be arsed to multi quote you, or run a poll asking folk which one of your posts on the last 4 pages was the worst, so I'll settle for this one.

What an utter disregard you show for your fellow Hibs supporters. FYI sonny a lot of the folk you are so dismissive of are the ones who spent their early years supporting Hibs trying to generate an atmosphere on a huge open terrace at ER with no roof and in the various ****holes around Scotland with no catering, bogs that would embarrass a Brazilian favela and the guarantee that you would watch the game under a hail of pies, cans filled with the opposition supporters pish and the odd Golf ball here and there.

I started watching Hibs in the mid 70s home and away ( away stopped for the most part in 1984 ) and in that time I missed 50% of the play in the games I went to see because I'm only 5'6" tall and I was behind a couple of 6 footers ...... so dinnae come on here trying tae teach yer granny tae suck eggs.

I was in the North stand on Sunday stood the whole game and didn't have a problem with it. The 2 kids with us and my mates partner who is just over 5' tall didn't seem to take to it for some reason, I wonder why? I have seen all but one game Hibs have played at Hampden since 1979 and a few Scotland games and I had no idea that everybody stood in the north stand at games ..... I was in that stand in 2007 and cant remember standing for the whole game. I cant believe there are folk on here saying "its ok your kids can stand on the seats to see" ..... aye, if you are prepared to spend your evening at Glasgow southern general waiting for your bairn to have its 'stookie' fitted.

"Everybody knows its standing in the north at Hampden" ..... oh aye, show me where it says that on the ticket. No they dinnae and it doesn't make them part timers if they don't.

As for your low opinion of the FF and West standites ....... In my experience ( FF lower for the last 20 years ) when the game is exciting we are as keen to join in as anybody else in the stadium ... or wasn't I at the Dundee Utd, Aberdeen or Hearts games?

FWIW .... I am a huge advocate of a proper safe standing area at ER and have been banging the drum ( no pun intended ) for it on here for years. I would happily move from my seat in the FF to accommodate it, though I am aware that a good few of my FF brethren don't share that view. As for the 'singing section' as it stands just now:

1) ..... They are in totally the wrong part of the East, if they want their noise to be noticed and other fans to join in they would be much better situated in the section of the East nearest the FF and up the back ... that way the kids in the FF and the adults in the West upper might be inclined to join in with them. Or havent they noticed that the majority of the crowd at ER are on the FF side of the half way line?

2) ..... In the 90s when crowds at ER were smaller than they are now a load of radges were able to get about 200 folk to go to every Hibs game for a punch up. And yet the current singing section doesn't seem to be able to get more than a couple of hundred ( on a good day ) to turn up to back the actual team. At big games the singing section can have over a thousand in it .... perhaps on one of those occasions they could hand out leaflets telling folk what 'Ultra' means ... it certainly doesn't mean only turning up for big games, it means turning up for 'every game' ......... you know, like the tartan rug brigade you think so little of do.

Before auld gits like me start handing over our place in the ground of 20 years to create a proper standing / singing section with a 2,000 capacity at Easter Road, it would help if the guys actually involved in it got their act together and made an effort to get folk to join in with them, so that a move by the club along these lines would be worth it.

Rant over.

Rant over but it was a brilliant one. I agree 100% with everything you say.

Bad Martini
15-03-2016, 11:43 AM
I learned a few things on Sunday that I hadnt really picked up as much on over the last number of decades.

1) Just because folk are Hibs "fans" doesnt make them any less of a ****ing idiot
2) Some folk think getting totally reeking is alright when you piss everyone else off like a total ******** because, you are reeking...
3) To qualify the above and put it into context, I love a good drink and probably equally to those who I am talking about but dont tend to be (so totally) reeking, as to bother anyone else...even at a cup final
4) Its no cool, alright or just part of fitba for an adult to knock over bairns, stand or push them oot the way, be a total ****er or start fights with their "fellow" Hibs "fans" just cause they are knobends...

Bottom line. We do have some real ********s in our "support" at times.

And we ****ing lost the game.

However, it didnt rain, I seen no yams, huns or celtic ********s all day and I dont know any Ross County fans.

NAE NOOKIE
15-03-2016, 11:48 AM
I learned a few things on Sunday that I hadnt really picked up as much on over the last number of decades.

1) Just because folk are Hibs "fans" doesnt make them any less of a ****ing idiot
2) Some folk think getting totally reeking is alright when you piss everyone else off like a total ******** because, you are reeking...
3) To qualify the above and put it into context, I love a good drink and probably equally to those who I am talking about but dont tend to be (so totally) reeking, as to bother anyone else...even at a cup final
4) Its no cool, alright or just part of fitba for an adult to knock over bairns, stand or push them oot the way, be a total ****er or start fights with their "fellow" Hibs "fans" just cause they are knobends...

Bottom line. We do have some real ********s in our "support" at times.

And we ****ing lost the game.

However, it didnt rain, I seen no yams, huns or celtic ********s all day and I dont know any Ross County fans.
http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

CockneyRebel
15-03-2016, 11:50 AM

They tap your shoulder because you are required by law to sit down - it is called an all seated stadium, is that not a clue?

CockneyRebel
15-03-2016, 11:59 AM

That's the whole point - why should anyone have to stand when they have paid for a seat. You sir are the moaning face noel hunt for complaining that folk don't like you standing in front of them (breaking the law at the same time).

NAE NOOKIE
15-03-2016, 12:12 PM
They tap your shoulder because you are required by law to sit down - it is called an all seated stadium, is that not a clue?

Agreed.

Mind you ..... at a game last season ( think it was an early round cup tie ) we were in the FF upper and as you do I stood up as Hibs were breaking into the 18 yard box .... watch any football crowd and see it happen .... its a natural reaction and hard not to do.

Unfortunately we had Waldorf & Statler sitting behind us and ye gods the grief I got was unreal. The joke was that there was dozens of empty seats either side of them which they could have moved to if folk actually getting excited about the game was such a surprise to them.

I am all for stopping inconsiderate folk standing in front of other fans throughout the game ......... but some folk at games really should remember they aren't at the bloody pictures.

malcolm
15-03-2016, 12:17 PM

He wasn't missed.
Too right not missed I had knee and back problems and was happy when I'd instigated some back tapping that most sat down. Just reminded me how crap the so called 'national stadium' is and how odd it never sees a word of criticism in the media. Thought I'd try the north partly cos the ticket allocation organisation was terrible and I took what tickets I could but it said nowt about standing and won't do go there again. The west and east don't come with a personal telescope so it's the south or nothing😉

StevieT
15-03-2016, 12:22 PM

Rant over.

Well said that man. I agree 100%.

Kojock
15-03-2016, 01:03 PM
If fans are sitting, I sit. If fans are standing, I stand, I don't have any problem with it either way. However I am just over six foot and if I stand I'm perfectly aware that people directly behind me will have their view obscured and for that reason if people behind me are shouting for people to sit down, I will and ask the people in front of me to do likewise. Its called have common decency and respect for my fellow fans. If people want to sit in an all seater stadium, they should not have to give any reason or attempt to justify to anyone why they wish to sit.

Scouse Hibee
15-03-2016, 01:42 PM
Pathetic post? Coming from the man who is comparing watching Hibs in a final at Hampden to watching Batman at the pictures :cb:aok:

That will make you the joker then soft lad. :aok:

DH1875
15-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Was in the east, section F and there was a group of guys standing. Folks all around them were asking them to sit and they were basically told to Foff as the guys had paid for their tickets and would stand if they want. Folk started shouting at them and this went on for most of the first half until the guys finally sat down. At this point the other fans gave out and ironic cheer which then caused the guys to stand right back up again (will admit, had a wee chuckle to myself). I had no problem with the guys standing but where it does become a problem is when other fans start shouting at me to sit down when the only reason I'm standing is because everyone else in front of me is standing.
100% there should be family sections at football. It's not just for the benefit for families either. It would/should help out the guys who want to stand, swear, have a drink or just generally have a day out without having to worry about kids being around them.

cabbageandribs1875
15-03-2016, 01:56 PM

so much ignorance

we are hibs
15-03-2016, 07:02 PM
Seems some like to moan for the sake of moaning. People standing at a football match - shocking stuff. What do you expect someone to do? Sit down behind 1000 people and not see the game? Obviously if people are standing infront of you you're going to stand yourself.

marinello59
15-03-2016, 07:20 PM
You okay Hon?

Seems some like to moan for the sake of moaning. People standing at a football match - shocking stuff. What do you expect someone to do? Sit down behind 1000 people and not see the game? Obviously if people are standing infront of you you're going to stand yourself.

:rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
15-03-2016, 07:24 PM

People aren't moaning for the sake of it at all. Have you read the posts? Obviously not as you have completely missed the point.

s.a.m
15-03-2016, 07:29 PM

Why not? Surely you would be happy with not being able to see the game, because otherwise you would just be moaning for the sake of moaning. No? :dunno:

I'm_cabbaged
15-03-2016, 07:30 PM
People aren't moaning for the sake of it at all. Have you read the posts? Obviiusly not as you have completely missed the point.

You can't take all of them on face value though, trust me on that one.

ehf
15-03-2016, 08:27 PM
Would this thread exist at all if we had won?

I was in C4 and got more exercise than I have had for ages constantly getting up and down as the people in front stood up/sat down. Slightly annoying but no more than that.

At Tynecastle on 6 Feb, we stood for the whole game and it was magic.

Hibrandenburg
15-03-2016, 08:58 PM
What's apparent in this thread is that like any cross section of society, Hibs have their fair share of selfish *******s who put their own interests before that of others. It's the parents I blame :rolleyes:

DH1875
15-03-2016, 09:24 PM
What's apparent in this thread is that like any cross section of society, Hibs have their fair share of selfish *******s who put their own interests before that of others. It's the parents I blame :rolleyes:

Aye but is it the guys who want to sit that are the selfish *******s or is it the guys who want to stand :confused:

Hibrandenburg
15-03-2016, 09:35 PM
Aye but is it the guys who want to sit that are the selfish *******s or is it the guys who want to stand :confused:

It's not rocket science, unless your built like Giant Haystacks then your unlikely to block a disabled person's, child's, old person's or midget's view that he paid for.

s.a.m
15-03-2016, 09:46 PM
It's not rocket science, unless your built like Giant Haystacks then your unlikely to block a disabled person's, child's, old person's or midget's view that he paid for.

No, it's not rocket science: the steps at Hampden are quite shallow, so you don't have to be a midget to have your view blocked by a row of people who are above average size, but not necessarily anywhere near as big as Giant Haystacks. Even if you're standing yourself. The stadium hasn't been built for standing / mixed standing and seating, and it doesn't work.

Green Man
15-03-2016, 09:54 PM
If Hampden had a safe standing area I wouldn't have a huge scrape and associated bruising on my leg from skelping it off the seat in front of me when we scored :fuming: