PDA

View Full Version : Cummings and Stokes

Monts
13-03-2016, 08:08 PM
They don't work together. We knew this before today. I'm not sure why we persisted with them for 90 minutes today.

Stokes and Keatings. Cummings and Dagnal. Boyle and Farid.

These were all better options in terms of a partnership IMO.

Stokes has been getting a lot of flack today, but for me Cummings was the one that needed hooked. When he's not scoring he's not got much else to his game.

Where's Dom when you need him!

HibsNutter
13-03-2016, 08:09 PM
Problem is none of the combinations we've tried have seemed to work.

Booked4Being-Ugly
13-03-2016, 08:09 PM
I don't think I can be arsed watching Stokes use Hibs to get back to full-fitness!

sleeping giant
13-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Played with their backs to the goals all game I thought.
Maybe county just defended well. I've not watched any highlight yet though just in case I'm talking p1sh.

Danderhall Hibs
13-03-2016, 08:10 PM
They both seem to drop deep and wide too often. Don't know if it's the formation of what but it's frustrating.

You're right though - Stokes is more of a team player, Cummings brings little if he isn't scoring.

Leith Green
13-03-2016, 08:12 PM

Keatings and stokes probably done enough against caley to merit a start together again today

Since90+2
13-03-2016, 08:13 PM
We have regressed since Stokes came into the team and Malonga left. The results back that up.

S4uzee
13-03-2016, 08:13 PM

I thought Cummings and dagnall looked not bad but then Dagnall got punted because stokes came in. Dagnall played well in the semi final.

Dr_Regal
13-03-2016, 08:14 PM
They don't work together. We knew this before today. I'm not sure why we persisted with them for 90 minutes today.

Stokes has been getting a lot of flack today, but for me Cummings was the one that needed hooked. When he's not scoring he's not got much else to his game.

Thought Cummings was absolutely abysmal today, constantly making the wrong decision. He was losing the ball at a rate of knots in the first half, a far cry from the player we saw at the start of the season.
Stokes offered a little more.

hibee_girl
13-03-2016, 08:16 PM
Stokes slows things down far too much, there's just no urgency with him.

Dagnall and Cummings looked like a good partnership, I'd even have been happy with Cummings & Keatings today

SlickShoes
13-03-2016, 08:16 PM
The Stokes in Malonga out bit of business now looks like a serious backfire, we are back to needing to fix hibs once again because we look like a team without confidence and the tactical nous to win games that matter.

scuttle
13-03-2016, 08:20 PM
Neither can win a ball in the air, and Cummings just jumps into the defender instead of watching he ball, time both were rotated

Boyle89
13-03-2016, 08:25 PM
We can all see it doesn't work but you couldn't really justify playing anyone else today. Our top scorer and a player who 3 years ago destroyed us in a cup final and we know has the ability to win games. They do need dropped/rotated though.

Monts
13-03-2016, 08:27 PM
We can all see it doesn't work but you couldn't really justify playing anyone else today. Our top scorer and a player who 3 years ago destroyed us in a cup final and we know has the ability to win games. They do need dropped/rotated though.

2 players that aren't scoring and don't play well together. I think you could easily justify it.

hibee_girl
13-03-2016, 08:27 PM

I think Keatings could have played today after his goal last week, I certainly wouldn't have complained at that

SlickShoes
13-03-2016, 08:28 PM
What happened to carmichael? he played well against alloa, then dropped to the bench and now isn't selected, was he injured?

LaMotta
13-03-2016, 08:29 PM
Dom could have made the difference

sleeping giant
13-03-2016, 08:30 PM
What happened to carmichael? he played well against alloa, then dropped to the bench and now isn't selected, was he injured?

Yes

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-03-2016, 08:32 PM
More than once, both of these players were in the same bit of pitch at the same time. Poor positional play from both. JC was dropping too deep almost like an old inside forward, but there is no point in playing like that if you are supposed to be the striker.

13-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Cummings and Stokes - Never a partnership in a million years!

Said it from before he signed that I didn't want Stokes anywhere near Easter Road again.
Stubbs/Dempster you made a big mistake letting Molonga and Anier leave to replace them by Stokes and Dagnall.

Been a big fan of Stubbs for the work he's done since he came in but man you really need to find another game plan. They read us like a book today, sucked up our pressure (that lacked penetration) and hit us on the break. Not wanting to take anything away from County. They played a game plan which worked. Difference they know they didn't have to play pretty football to win. Just efficient football without making stupid mistakes.

Boyle89
13-03-2016, 08:39 PM
2 players that aren't scoring and don't play well together. I think you could easily justify it.

As opposed to keatings who, apart from last week, has been poor and dagnall who's yet to score? Or farid just back from injury? Or Boyle who everytime he's played upfront has looked awful.
None of them are in good form right now but today I had faith at least one of them would put their chances away. Time for a change now though.

Monts
13-03-2016, 08:42 PM
As opposed to keatings who, apart from last week, has been poor and dagnall who's yet to score? Or farid just back from injury? Or Boyle who everytime he's played upfront has looked awful.
None of them are in good form right now but today I had faith at least one of them would put their chances away. Time for a change now though.
Keatings scored last week. Boyle scored 2 in his last start. We won the semi with dagnal up front and he puts in a power of work.

silverhibee
13-03-2016, 08:46 PM

Cummings has lost all his confidence since Stokes came in, I think Stubbs made to much of a big deal about securing Stokes for the rest of the season and made out that this signing would be the difference in us winning the league while forgetting to bum up our top goal scorer at the same time and it looks like it has affected Cummings, something not right with the two of them.

Big Dom was a mistake to let him go, if his missus was homesick then she could have went back home, looked like Dom was happy enough to be here, he could have popped back every now and then to see her, FFS it was only for another 4 months, but hey ho, we have Stokes.

Dom'sFirstTouch
13-03-2016, 08:46 PM
Never looked a very promising partnership on paper and haven't really clicked. Stubbs needs to stop being afraid to sub them if it's not working or drop them to the bench.

Boyle89
13-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Keatings scored last week. Boyle scored 2 in his last start. We won the semi with dagnal up front and he puts in a power of work.

I'm just not a fan of keatings tbh I prefer both stokes and Cummings and like I said had faith in one of them to put one away. Boyle scored his two goals from out wide in a 352 (which Id rather we'd played today). Boyle is brilliant in the role but Stubbs isn't going to drop the club capt in a cup final.

lord bunberry
13-03-2016, 08:59 PM
Since stokes came we've been poor. He's done nothing to merit a starting place other than the fact that he's a big money signing. Get Farid and Cummings back in the team for the rest of the season.

Monts
13-03-2016, 11:03 PM
I'd like to see farid in the team against Inverness

truehibernian
13-03-2016, 11:05 PM
I'd like to see farid in the team against Inverness

Stokes, Keatings and Boyle - 4-3-3, lets just go for it !!

gaz1875
13-03-2016, 11:12 PM
Stokes effort to tackle at the first County goal was embarrassing, plenty other players had opportunities to avoid it, but just watched the goals again and he stood back and let the guy get the ball. Cummings touch and efforts at high balls is very poor, we really need strikers to hold the ball up not lose it by their own poor control. Nothing between the two of them today unfortunately.

erskine-hibby
13-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Think Stokes is an infiltrator, since he arrived (not to my liking) we have been poor. Many thought he would be a great signing and would score a barrow load, well, sorry to say that thought was way, way off the mark. Malonga, though frustrating at times, was a much better pairing with Jason.

Nakedmanoncrack
13-03-2016, 11:18 PM
Cummings and Stokes - Never a partnership in a million years!

Said it from before he signed that I didn't want Stokes anywhere near Easter Road again.
Stubbs/Dempster you made a big mistake letting Molonga and Anier leave to replace them by Stokes and Dagnall.

I was sceptical but hoped it would work out, it hasn't - and if Stokes never plays another game for us he won't be missed.