PDA

View Full Version : The rest of the season?

SlickShoes
13-03-2016, 06:59 PM
How anyone can be confident for the rest of the season is beyond me, hibs are turgid and have no cutting edge.

We are almost 100% going to be in the play offs but can you honestly see us beating whoever we play?

All they will do is flood the midfield, sit in, soak up the pressure and hope to score on the counter.

Other teams don't seem to make the horrific individual errors we do, that pass from thomson that led to their first was criminal and lazy, fontaine at the second goal should have sent the ball into the stand. Other teams are solid, work hard and get a bit of luck on the break. We are weak, slow and prone to making defensive mistakes.

We seem to have one speed and one way to play and now that it doesn't work we are a bit of a lost cause, this isn't even a knee jerk reaction because it's now been like this for the best part of a month.

Stokes and Cummings up front is also one of the worst partnerships I've ever watched, they look like they have never met eachother never mind play for the same team. Letting Malonga go and replacing him with Stokes is increasingly looking like the worst bit of business in a long time.

S4uzee
13-03-2016, 07:02 PM
We will fall short in the play offs.

Also is there a point in beating Inverness to get beat at hampden again?

It's so zzzzzzzzzz

Onceinawhile
13-03-2016, 07:09 PM
We'll win the Scottish and go up.

We are still by some distance the greatest team in the world.

Stokesy's on fire
13-03-2016, 07:14 PM

Monts
13-03-2016, 07:18 PM
We lost in the last minute to an individual error against the team in 4th in the league above.

To say that gives us no chance against the team in 11th in the league above, or 2nd/3rd in our league is nonsense IMO.

hibbysam
13-03-2016, 07:19 PM
Aye lets just shut the doors now.

Or some of those 22,000 extra that turned up today could get there Arse along to Easter road and get behind this team.

Hibernia&Alba
13-03-2016, 07:20 PM
Huge game at Inverness now. We need a response and we'll find out what the squad are made of.

MWHIBBIES
13-03-2016, 07:22 PM
Would be no Hibs fans left if we all lost the faith after 1 lost final. I've seen us lose 5 now and have never loved Hibs more, wish I was going on Wednesday.

SlickShoes
13-03-2016, 07:22 PM

Or some of those 22,000 extra that turned up today could get there Arse along to Easter road and get behind this team.

The fans aren't the problem at hibs.

Stokesy's on fire
13-03-2016, 07:27 PM
I'm sorry but hibs have been so poor of late. Not just today but over a decent number of matches

MWHIBBIES
13-03-2016, 07:28 PM
I'm sorry but hibs have been so poor of late. Not just today but over a decent number of matchesHibs have been poor for the majority of the last 15 years, I don't support us expecting to win every week.

tinnyhibby
13-03-2016, 07:32 PM
We lost in the last minute to an individual error against the team in 4th in the league above.

To say that gives us no chance against the team in 11th in the league above, or 2nd/3rd in our league is nonsense IMO.

Agreed. Losing today is a real disappointment but no disgrace. We are a work in progress

Stokesy's on fire
13-03-2016, 07:32 PM
I'm sorry but hibs have been so poor of late. Not just today but over a decent number of matches

dmc1875
13-03-2016, 07:35 PM
We struggle to create chances without McGeouch and Fyvie in the team and since Stokes has come in our front two aren't a partnership.

Cummings and Dagnall worked ok, Stokes and Keatings looked a decent partnership, Cummings and Farid had worked before but stokes and Cummings have shown no evidence so far they are an affective partnership.

Malonga and Cummings last season was still the best, and we played our best game of the season with those two and Keatings just behind. I wish we still had Malonga

squak
13-03-2016, 07:36 PM

True, if Easter road was as good as full week in week out maybe the players would t be so frightened to play Infront of larger crowds!

hibbysam
13-03-2016, 07:36 PM
The fans aren't the problem at hibs.

No?? What chance do the players have if the fans keep going on about 'bottling it'... That's the second big game out of about 7/8 that this side has lost, coming back from two goals down in a derby etc, defeats happen, but to totally write a season off after today is nothing short of ridiculous and the type of mentality that we need to be getting rid of!

1875STEVE
13-03-2016, 07:37 PM
I really hope I'm wrong, but I reckon we will lose to ICT and bottle the play offs.

Mind you, id rather lose to ICT than get to the final and bottle that.

Monts
13-03-2016, 07:38 PM

If we had taken the even a fifth of the chances we've created we'd have won our recent games comfortably.

It's a far cry from when we weren't even creating chances 2 seasons ago.

We just aren't getting the breaks in front of goal. Ross county got two today.

SlickShoes
13-03-2016, 07:39 PM
No?? What chance do the players have if the fans keep going on about 'bottling it'... That's the second big game out of about 7/8 that this side has lost, coming back from two goals down in a derby etc, defeats happen, but to totally write a season off after today is nothing short of ridiculous and the type of mentality that we need to be getting rid of!

Do you know why fans come to expect hibs to make a mess of things? It's because that's what's happened over the last 7 years in a periodical slide into the league we are in. One disaster after another.

Our league form is on a big slide, results in general have been very poor, we need to change this. But to blame the fans for feeling defeated and deflated constantly is ridiculous. It's up to Alan Stubbs and the players to change this, we turn up when we are needed and time and time again we are let down.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-03-2016, 07:39 PM

I think that's a bit of a reach maybe? Plenty of posters on here suggested that we would bottle it at Tynie and we didn't.

1875STEVE
13-03-2016, 07:40 PM

I think it's more to do with the fact, we have just lost to Dumbarton, Morton and Queen of the South and blown the league, and just blown yet another trip to Hampden. People are hurting and venting..

brianmc
13-03-2016, 07:40 PM
Turgid?

Definitions
adjective
1:swollen and distended; congested
2:(of style or language) pompous and high-flown; bombastic

Not sure how any of these apply. If you mean we've been infuriating because we can't stick the ball in the net even on the occasions we totally dominate and batter teams then I'd be inclined to agree.

Toldo123
13-03-2016, 07:46 PM
Turgid?

Definitions
adjective
1:swollen and distended; congested
2:(of style or language) pompous and high-flown; bombastic

Not sure how any of these apply. If you mean we've been infuriating because we can't stick the ball in the net even on the occasions we totally dominate and batter teams then I'd be inclined to agree.
We didn't dominate them today. We dominated possession against a team that was happy to surrender the midfield for large periods of the game. How many clear cut chances did we create?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

franks
13-03-2016, 09:12 PM

:thumbsup:

AFKA5814_Hibs
13-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Today was a huge game in terms of keeping the impetuous and feel good factor going within the club imo. A defeat on Wednesday and sadly I see apathy creeping in and our season peatling out in a whimper.

greenlex
13-03-2016, 09:34 PM
I'm worried about how leggy and tired we look with 20 mins to go. Two or three Two legged play offs are gonna be tough. It's not looking good.

Pete
13-03-2016, 10:52 PM
The rest of the season?

We have to hit the reset button and go again on Wednesday. It's against a poorer side than the one we played today and if we win we go back to Hampden to play a winnable semi.

Today was tough but Stubbs has to use this as motivation to make the players want more big occasions.

Even if we fall short we still have the biggest prize to go for: promotion.

Still lots to play for and look forward too. County's day and we move on.

Nakedmanoncrack
13-03-2016, 11:01 PM
The rest of the season?

We have to hit the reset button and go again on Wednesday. It's against a poorer side than the one we played today and if we win we go back to Hampden to play a winnable semi.

Today was tough but Stubbs has to use this as motivation to make the players want more big occasions.

:agree:

Spot on.

truehibernian
13-03-2016, 11:15 PM
I'm worried about how leggy and tired we look with 20 mins to go. Two or three Two legged play offs are gonna be tough. It's not looking good.

Fyvie, McGeouch, Hanlon, Handling all back for play offs !

Farid fitter, Stokes fitter !

We'll be fine for the play offs.

Danderhall Hibs
13-03-2016, 11:15 PM
The rest of the season?

:aok:

silverhibee
13-03-2016, 11:27 PM
I really hope I'm wrong, but I reckon we will lose to ICT and bottle the play offs.

Mind you, id rather lose to ICT than get to the final and bottle that.

The way i see it is that the club now need to make it to the final so Wednesday is a must win, my thinking is that we need to sell as many ST for next season and a good way of doing that is by reaching the final so that the club can use it as a way to buy a ST and you guarantee a ticket for the final, not get to the final and the club lose that carrot to get fans to buy a ST for next season, if the unthinkable happens and we win no cup and don't go up then our club will be in a bad way for a long time, crowds will be down, no need to buy a ST, you will get a seat anywhere in the stadium no problem, ST prices frozen for next season, the club might need to rethink that if we don't get promoted, £22 walk up on a cold Tuesday night against Dumbarton AGAIN, ST holders not going, you could be looking at 4000 at a game.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-03-2016, 11:34 PM
Was it Celtc that The Staggies put out?
No mugs then.

truehibernian
13-03-2016, 11:39 PM
Was it Celtc that The Staggies put out?
No mugs then.

Ross County are a very decent side on a decent run - a win against Caley midweek would go a long long way in putting today behind us.

Can you imagine winning the Scottish Cup where the run included wins v Hearts and our ex managers (Yogi, Mixu, Collins).

green day
14-03-2016, 12:34 AM
This might sound a bit odd, but I am now wondering if the cup runs have done us any good - we have been pretty mince for weeks now (the odd game apart).

Clearly, a Scottish Cup win would be the best night ever :greengrin:greengrin.............but we need to beat ICT, Dundee Utd at Hampden and one of the ugly sisters again at Hampden.

Are these games - dare I say it - a potential distraction now???? Would it be the worst thing if we dont progress on Wednesday??

Get some points from the league games in hand, get Hanlon and Fyvie back and concentrate entirely on the playoff and promotion - thats all that should count this year.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-03-2016, 12:40 AM
Ross County are a very decent side on a decent run - a win against Caley midweek would go a long long way in putting today behind us.

Can you imagine winning the Scottish Cup where the run included wins v Hearts and our ex managers (Yogi, Mixu, Collins).

That would be "unbelievable Jeff" ;)

Viva_Palmeiras
14-03-2016, 12:42 AM
This might sound a bit odd, but I am now wondering if the cup runs have done us any good - we have been pretty mince for weeks now (the odd game apart).

Clearly, a Scottish Cup win would be the best night ever :greengrin:greengrin.............but we need to beat ICT, Dundee Utd at Hampden and one of the ugly sisters again at Hampden.

Are these games - dare I say it - a potential distraction now???? Would it be the worst thing if we dont progress on Wednesday??

Get some points from the league games in hand, get Hanlon and Fyvie back and concentrate entirely on the playoff and promotion - thats all that should count this year.

Injuries and other disruptions to the team with enforced (Dom?) / chosen (Stokes) have been a telling factor methinks.

Dunbar Hibee
14-03-2016, 03:11 AM
Fyvie, McGeouch, Hanlon, Handling all back for play offs !

Farid fitter, Stokes fitter !

We'll be fine for the play offs.

I seriously doubt Paul Hanlon will play again this season.

BSEJVT
14-03-2016, 04:08 AM
I seriously doubt Paul Hanlon will play again this season.

Likewise with McGeouch at least on a regular basis, and there must be something seriously wrong with Carmichael for him to keep breaking down.

Farid will never get fitter, he has been back training for 3 or 4 months, but obviously isn't fit enough to be risked or trusted.

The Stokes I keep seeing could play until Christmas without looking remotely like scoring.

Whether its because of the role he is being asked to play or because his ship has sailed, he is performing Malonga's role far less effectively than Dom ever did.

Jim44
14-03-2016, 06:40 AM
The way i see it is that the club now need to make it to the final so Wednesday is a must win, my thinking is that we need to sell as many ST for next season and a good way of doing that is by reaching the final so that the club can use it as a way to buy a ST and you guarantee a ticket for the final, not get to the final and the club lose that carrot to get fans to buy a ST for next season, if the unthinkable happens and we win no cup and don't go up then our club will be in a bad way for a long time, crowds will be down, no need to buy a ST, you will get a seat anywhere in the stadium no problem, ST prices frozen for next season, the club might need to rethink that if we don't get promoted, £22 walk up on a cold Tuesday night against Dumbarton AGAIN, ST holders not going, you could be looking at 4000 at a game.

Watching Dumbarton on a cold Tuesday night next season won't be any sweeter with the consolation of a Scottish Cup victory behind us. I said a few weeks ago that promotion was absolutely everything and that the cups were distractions. Yesterday added fuel to that and the mountain we have to climb to win the SC will again take our eye off the ball. I was lambasted for this opinion a few weeks ago and I suppose I'll get it in the neck again for footballing blasphemy, but hey ho, I'm a big boy now and I'll survive. Question is, can we survive without promotion?

lyonhibs
14-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Watching Dumbarton on a cold Tuesday night next season won't be any sweeter with the consolation of a Scottish Cup victory behind us. I said a few weeks ago that promotion was absolutely everything and that the cups were distractions. Yesterday added fuel to that and the mountain we have to climb to win the SC will again take our eye off the ball. I was lambasted for this opinion a few weeks ago and I suppose I'll get it in the neck again for footballing blasphemy, but hey ho, I'm a big boy now and I'll survive. Question is, can we survive without promotion?

Define "survive"??

We won't go pop à la Herts/Huns/Livi/Dundee, that's for sure.

Promotion is now absolutely everything, I agree. Play to win in the SC for sure, but with the squad we have, especially up top, whatever Stubbs thinks is his starting XI should only be getting played in the league.

14-03-2016, 12:40 PM

I'll have a glass of whatever you've had