PDA

View Full Version : Dunbar or Dingwall

Stuarty27
13-03-2016, 06:13 PM
Beat off a team with a population almost the half of Dunbar...

No sure how people can defend it

Ozyhibby
13-03-2016, 06:18 PM

Don't think anyone is. We have been below Ross County in the league for 6 years and counting now. The Petrie era continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allant1981
13-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Nothing to do with petrie, that team should have won today, just werent good enough

scuttle
13-03-2016, 06:32 PM
Nothing to do with petrie, that team should have won today, just werent good enough

Agree, we have better players than they have but two holding midfielders, no width, and a partnership upfront that isnt working , throw In a dodgy keeper
and its simple ,nothing to do with size of clubs or population imho

lucky
13-03-2016, 06:52 PM

We were good enough though that's what makes it worse

Allant1981
13-03-2016, 06:55 PM
We were good enough though that's what makes it worse

Aww i know we are good enough but today we couldnt take our chances and gifted 2 goals

Jumbo
13-03-2016, 07:04 PM

By that logic, we should only lose to teams from Glasgow !

Dunbar Hibee
14-03-2016, 02:27 AM
For a start, that's not true. Not even in the slightest.

berwickhibee
14-03-2016, 10:45 AM
Agree, we have better players than they have but two holding midfielders, no width, and a partnership upfront that isnt working , throw In a dodgy keeper
and its simple ,nothing to do with size of clubs or population imho

This totally for me.

No plan b from the manager yet again.

rcarter1
14-03-2016, 10:50 AM
This totally for me.

No plan b from the manager yet again.

Yep. But can someone remind me what Plan A is?

Borderhibbie76
14-03-2016, 10:55 AM
Stubbs tactics were all wrong yesterday...2 holding midfielders and Stokes and Cummings don't work Stubbsy. .Ffs stop persevering with them as a pair as it's wrecking our season !!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dublin07
14-03-2016, 11:26 AM
Don't think anyone is. We have been below Ross County in the league for 6 years and counting now. The Petrie era continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You talk some crap but that is the best yet. Aye Petrie picked the team today. Came on as a sub for Ross county and scored the winner. He was in the refs earpiece telling him to give every decision against us. The man is evil and this cup final defeat is all his fault.

hibee62
14-03-2016, 11:27 AM
Was the reason for playing both Bartley and Thomson not because no one else was fit? If we'd had fyvie or mcgeouch then I doubt Thomson would have started.

I'd still have preferred either an extra centre back or striker than playing 4 centre mids if that's the case though.

lyonhibs
14-03-2016, 11:33 AM
You talk some crap but that is the best yet. Aye Petrie picked the team today. Came on as a sub for Ross county and scored the winner. He was in the refs earpiece telling him to give every decision against us. The man is evil and this cup final defeat is all his fault.

Would you deny the empirical fact that we have finished beneath Ross County in the last 6 seasons? Petrie has been at the helm for all but 1 of them.

confused
14-03-2016, 11:52 AM
The main reason for getting beat --------------we just don't score goals, they had about 3 chances ? We had ?.? ? Umpteen ! They put two away , We put one away ,

MWHIBBIES
14-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Since when was the population of a town even remotely relevant to the 90 minutes?

Thecat23
14-03-2016, 11:56 AM
FFS, What has population got to do with it? We played better than County we didn't take the chances we had and lost. It's a sore one to take but just because they have a small population doesn't mean they aren't allowed to win the thing.

Sergio sledge
14-03-2016, 12:04 PM

Ross County may be based in Dingwall but they represent more than just the town as the name of the club suggests. Ross and Cromarty is a region with over 50,000 people, and there are many Ross County supporters in Sutherland and Inverness.

hibs69
14-03-2016, 12:17 PM
Certainly means little, but fairly certain everyone will have heard this type of thing before. Relatively small places causing upsets. Commentators saying things like, "Little Hereford United, with a population of 14 and a few sheep, knock out the mighty Newcastle United." It's definitely more a media thing.

hibbycraig
14-03-2016, 12:25 PM
What does the population of a place have to do with their football team?

hibs69
14-03-2016, 12:36 PM
It happens. When Denmark won the Euros......, questions were, "How can 5M pop Denmark win, and 5M pop Scotland be pap?"

Remember Dougie Donnelly or Archie McPherson banging on about Methil and their population when East Fife knocked out Hibs many moons ago.

Means eff all, but they say it.

Edson Arantes
14-03-2016, 12:36 PM

Really, what's the population of the town got to do with it?

KeithTheHibby
14-03-2016, 12:49 PM
Was the reason for playing both Bartley and Thomson not because no one else was fit? If we'd had fyvie or mcgeouch then I doubt Thomson would have started.

I'd still have preferred either an extra centre back or striker than playing 4 centre mids if that's the case though.

If he was going 442 he should have played Boyle wide right. We were crying out for width and pace. Bizarre by Stubbs to play KT and big Marv together for the first time ever in a cup final.

MWHIBBIES
14-03-2016, 12:59 PM
If he was going 442 he should have played Boyle wide right. We were crying out for width and pace. Bizarre by Stubbs to play KT and big Marv together for the first time ever in a cup final.They played together against Hearts...honestly...

Lucius Apuleius
14-03-2016, 01:05 PM
It happens. When Denmark won the Euros......, questions were, "How can 5M pop Denmark win, and 5M pop Scotland be pap?"

Remember Dougie Donnelly or Archie McPherson banging on about Methil and their population when East Fife knocked out Hibs many moons ago.

Means eff all, but they say it.

Countries understandable so. League football, nothing to do with size of the town.

Holmesdale Hibs
14-03-2016, 01:08 PM

They're in 4th place in the division above... We played ok... They knocked out Celtic and pumped Falkirk en route to the final... Population of a town isn't directly related to the finances of a football club...

RC are a decent team, just because we're from a bigger city doesn't mean we have a Devine right to beat them.