PDA

View Full Version : Fans fighting

Allant1981
13-03-2016, 06:13 PM
Passed by a couple of guys fighting after the game today, started after arguing how bad we were, will never understand why folk get like this after a football game

One Day Soon
13-03-2016, 06:14 PM
Because they're pished idiots?

Schteff
13-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Passed by a couple of guys fighting after the game today, started after arguing how bad we were, will never understand why folk get like this after a football game

Drunk & annoyed

Joe6-2
13-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Because they're pished idiots?

I always think it's pished glory hunters!

TheMentalHibees
13-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Had a few of the hampden brigade berating people for staying to applaud after the final whistle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Tubs
13-03-2016, 06:19 PM
Ah fancy a wee swedge anaw.

Any ****** in the south of Brazil fancy a pagger?

CB_NO3
13-03-2016, 06:20 PM
Hampden fans love a scrap lol

bob12345
13-03-2016, 06:22 PM
There were two going at it midway through the first half in section B3 too. An embarrassment to their fellow supporters.

hibee
13-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Usual hampden memories of Hibs fans fighting each other for no reason.

Me and the kids passed two separate incidents on the way out, pathetic really.

oconnors_strip
13-03-2016, 06:27 PM
Fans were fighting just before kick off beside my friend in the east!

She discovered the lads were friends

HibeeLR
13-03-2016, 06:27 PM
Not exactly fighting but when county scored their winner, a guy just a seat across the aisle from me battered and broke the chair infront of him, nae need, there are some real ars**oles out there

James.
13-03-2016, 06:28 PM
There were fans fighting near us (G4) before the game even started.

Thought the pitch invader had managed to evade escape only to see him hauled back down the steps 5 minutes later :greengrin

Jones28
13-03-2016, 06:29 PM
When 2 people out of 30000 start fighting each other it's not exactly a disaster is it?

One Day Soon
13-03-2016, 06:32 PM
Had a few of the hampden brigade berating people for staying to applaud after the final whistle.

Yep. I had one young lanky streak of pi55 trying to play the chocolate box hard man with me with my 10 year old son sitting next to me. He got a lot less hard when I stood up and eyeballed him face to face. No doubt the cat, the wife or some other innocent victim pays for their 'anger'. Morons

bawheid
13-03-2016, 06:33 PM
Hampden always flushes out a few @rseholes.

SteveHFC
13-03-2016, 06:33 PM
******** behind my little sister told her to sit down. :aok:

Viva_Palmeiras
13-03-2016, 06:36 PM
When 2 people out of 30000 start fighting each other it's not exactly a disaster is it?

Well I suppose the word you'd use to describe it depends if you have your young kids with you.

Nicho87
13-03-2016, 06:40 PM
Guy started on me walking up cause i bumped in to him. ****in idiot

Schteff
13-03-2016, 06:44 PM

If she was standing up for no reason then fair enough

Saint Hibee
13-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Same welts that were fighting in the East before kickoff now picking fights with people in the queue at Queen Street.

Jay
13-03-2016, 06:50 PM

How rude! What right does he have to be able to see the game?

Del Boy
13-03-2016, 06:50 PM
A lot of idiots in our support today. Part timers who can't handle an early start on the drink.

Billychaotic182
13-03-2016, 06:59 PM
It's a total two sided coin.

One side: sick of being let down at the big stage. Anytime we have a large support they f it up. One cup out of 8 attempts in the last 10 years.

Other side: team playing well. Best bunch of young guys in the years and deserve our support.

Problem is both are right in there argument, just some people refuse to see it when they are upset. Personally I was raging at full time and sick off being letdown. Let my feeling be known and got told by two boys to shut it and that they were my team. Yes they are and always will be but people are allowed to be annoyed at another glorious failure!

Yorkshire HFC
13-03-2016, 07:04 PM
A lot of drunk people there today - doesn't help

calumhibee1
13-03-2016, 07:07 PM

Presumably the crowd infront of her were standing aswell. People need to accept that if people infront are standing that you can't expect the person infront of you to sit down and see nothing so that you can watch the game from the comfort of your own seat.

SkintHibby
13-03-2016, 07:09 PM
There were two going at it midway through the first half in section B3 too. An embarrassment to their fellow supporters.

Yes I was in section B3. The fight seemed to go on for ages. Where the uck were the stewards?

Frazerbob
13-03-2016, 07:12 PM
In the North today and commented that the support seemed a lot less jaked than normal for a final. Obviously not the case elsewhere.

Thecat23
13-03-2016, 07:21 PM
Bunch of smelly ****ing tramps fighting behind the goal before the game even kicked off.

I was actually praying someone done the boy in the grey tracksuit bottoms.

HH81
13-03-2016, 07:24 PM
I had someone sick on my legs and feet today. Think she was asleep and started being sick.

johnbc70
13-03-2016, 07:27 PM
In the North today and commented that the support seemed a lot less jaked than normal for a final. Obviously not the case elsewhere.

Was in C3 and was surprisingly quite jakey free.

sleeping giant
13-03-2016, 07:28 PM
I had someone sick on my legs and feet today. Think she was asleep and started being sick.

Classy bird.

Deary me.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-03-2016, 07:31 PM
A few boys were trading punches near me in C12. Couldn't really care as they were only annoying each other, but both were massively pashed. I don't know how they got in like that to begin with.

Scotsgirl
13-03-2016, 07:37 PM

The same right as the person who was standing in front of her as she had to stand to see as well. Wasn't as quick to tell the guys in front though

HH81
13-03-2016, 07:39 PM
Classy bird.

Deary me.

To be fair sure we have all have bad and she said sorry. At the time I was annoyed but life goes on.

Hibernia&Alba
13-03-2016, 07:54 PM
A lot of drunk people there today - doesn't help

True; some folk just can't handle the booze after a defeat. Young laddies fair enough, but when it's grown men it's embarrassing.

Bristolhibby
13-03-2016, 07:55 PM
A few boys were trading punches near me in C12. Couldn't really care as they were only annoying each other, but both were massively pashed. I don't know how they got in like that to begin with.

Loving Hampden!

stoneyburn hibs
13-03-2016, 08:32 PM
Was in C3 and was surprisingly quite jakey free.

That's where I was, it was all good apart from the trumpet who wouldn't sit down.

SkintHibby
13-03-2016, 08:35 PM
I was sober at the game (Im usually pished for finals) and it was an eye opener seeing so many pished people making complete fools of themselves.

emerald green
13-03-2016, 08:46 PM
I'm not in any way condoning fans fighting amongst themselves, but a lethal combination of too much booze which they can't handle plus seeing their team let them down again is too much for some blokes (and I've seen women getting involved too in the past).

Del Boy
13-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Pal on train just now says big punch up between hibs fans and police now arresting them and interviewing passengers

Hibs90
13-03-2016, 08:53 PM

So she isn't allowed to stand up and sing? I

proud_and_green
13-03-2016, 08:55 PM

Same here, D3, the row in front of me was empty up to 5 mins before kick off and previous experience has been that a whole load of drunk and obnoxious types rock up and annoy everyone. Not a bit of it today.

The fighting bit really spoils it for me, I don't care what they do to each other but I take my daughter and it really scares her. ****holes!

marinello59
13-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Crowd round us in D2 were superb. All decent fans supporting their team. Guess we we're luckier than some.

Andy74
13-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Pal on train just now says big punch up between hibs fans and police now arresting them and interviewing passengers

Yeah some serious carnage. Lots of blood, kids screaming, mental. Been here about an hour so far.

ihibs7
13-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Crowd round us in D2 were superb. All decent fans supporting their team. Guess we we're luckier than some.

That's where I was too, and I had a great day bar the result - none of the bammers behind the goals.

Some opinions were bounced back and forward about fans standing but it was all resolved amicably and in a civil manner without a cross word.

The standing thing does my head in - not the fans who choose to stand or not - but the abject lack of responsibility taken by the stewards enforcing the rules.

Golden Bear
13-03-2016, 09:08 PM
Aye there's a lot to be said for having the right to be totally miserable and dejected in your own car!

Hibernia&Alba
13-03-2016, 09:10 PM
Yeah some serious carnage. Lots of blood, kids screaming, mental. Been here about an hour so far.

Jesus. That's worse than any defeat. Total welts.

hibbymick
13-03-2016, 09:13 PM
I don't think it's just alcohol.

Wull
13-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Ah fancy a wee swedge anaw.

Any ****** in the south of Brazil fancy a pagger?

Am in Cabo Frio but scunnert an af te ma bed

Stantons Angel
13-03-2016, 09:18 PM

No its not a disaster, but makes other people around them feel uncomfortable. Today there were around 20,000 strangers supporting Hibs some with kids trailing along behind them and some so drunk they could hardly stand.

the two guys who were fighting in the North beside us had been good fun all day. They were not drunk but very disappointed and shouted out in that regard. Another one passing decided to tell them they were wrong and off it went. one guy tried to calm things down and got a fist in the face.

Unbelievable it really was and the one doing the hitting had a young child with him too. Ok we were beaten again and we are all disappointed but hey, fighting amoungst ourselves is just not the answer. It just brings the badge into disrepute and that should never happen!

I just wonder where that same 20,000 will be on Wednesday night when their team really needs the support??

Baldy Foghorn
13-03-2016, 09:19 PM

Sad to hear this........:rolleyes:

CraigHibee
13-03-2016, 09:20 PM
Some folk can't help themselves, they cannot handle the big occasion.

Previously I've seen a lass getting carried off a coach as she was too drunk to walk, I've seen folk trading blows and shouting at each other because they don't agree with each others opinion.

Today some guy was absolutely annihilated and fell asleep next to where I was sitting, he only woke up when we scored. It really does bring out the worst in some folk.

Can't get why folk want to try and knock 10 shades of crap out of each other, we are all disappointed but people need to get a grip

Hibernia&Alba
13-03-2016, 09:20 PM
No its not a disaster, but makes other people around them feel uncomfortable. Today there were around 20,000 strangers supporting Hibs some with kids trailing along behind them and some so drunk they could hardly stand.

the two guys who were fighting in the North beside us had been good fun all day. They were not drunk but very disappointed and shouted out in that regard. Another one passing decided to tell them they were wrong and off it went. one guy tried to calm things down and got a fist in the face.

Unbelievable it really was and the one doing the hitting had a young child with him too. Ok we were beaten again and we are all disappointed but hey, fighting amoungst ourselves is just not the answer. It just brings the badge into disrepute and that should never happen!

I just wonder where that same 20,000 will be on Wednesday night when their team really needs the support??

Well said.

CraigHibee
13-03-2016, 09:24 PM

Crawling back into the woodwork to come out when the next semi final/final is

Col2
13-03-2016, 09:26 PM
Took my son to his first big game (he is 6) in C4 section and the language and aggression from the two rows behind me, even when score 0-0 was just wrong. He kept asking me "why is that man is so angry daddy?" Unfortunately it wasn't just one person.

What is wrong with people? I am as passionate about Hibs as the next person and was gutted to lose but is it REALLY a matter of life or death for those people? I don't get it. Was as peeved about this as I was the result. Needless to say for my son it wasn't a day to look back on. Hoped I might get him to "get the bug" today but not sure if he will want to go back. Luckily it will be another 5-10 years before we get the chance so he can make his own choice then!

Thecat23
13-03-2016, 09:31 PM

That sounds brutal. One of the main reasons I now drive to these games because their seems to be bother all the time.

13-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Sadly these occasions seem to bring out the idiot element in our support. Thankfully just a few individuals, 99% of people today didn't cause any bother.

...WentToMowAnSPL
13-03-2016, 09:36 PM
I was in D4 with my kids and the behaviour there was great considering.... No arrests no bins being kicked or any one dragged out by stewards... Compared with the last finals I've been to behaviour was great. Not anyone too drunk either ( which probably explains the rest). The entire section stood but there was no swaying or any bother

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13-03-2016, 09:37 PM

inside the ground? thats disgusting.

neil7908
13-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Have to say my bit B8 was great but that's the first final where I've not sat very close by at least one total waste of oxygen. Someone else mentioned the stewards - honestly what are they even employed for? Folk that can barely walk allowed into every Hampden game without any bother. Any issues and they seem to be MIA. Same with the police. 2 of them on horses outside the turnstiles but never actually around when needed

lord bunberry
13-03-2016, 09:40 PM
I was in D4 with my kids and the behaviour there was great considering.... No arrests no bins being kicked or any arrests... Compared with the last finals I've been too behaviour was great. Not many too pushed either ... The entire section stood but there was no swaying or any bother

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was near the front in B6 and it was a really friendly family atmosphere. I did notice there was a bit of trouble further along in B2, but thankfully it was far enough away from us.

snedzuk
13-03-2016, 09:41 PM
Sadly these occasions seem to bring out the idiot element in our support. Thankfully just a few individuals, 99% of people today didn't cause any bother.

Its not just these occasions though - it was Dumbarton a couple of weeks ago as well as several other much smaller away games this season. We also had the misfortune to witness some infighting Hibs 'supporters' pretty much outside the police station at Prospecthill Road - at least they wouldnt have far to go if lifted.

Greenblood70
13-03-2016, 09:45 PM

Not excusing their behaviour by any means but Queen Street was an absolute shambles coming back. staff had no idea what was happening and imo all it would have taken was some clear communication to avoid an ugly scene developing.

TheFall
13-03-2016, 09:49 PM
Same here, D3, the row in front of me was empty up to 5 mins before kick off and previous experience has been that a whole load of drunk and obnoxious types rock up and annoy everyone. Not a bit of it today.

The fighting bit really spoils it for me, I don't care what they do to each other but I take my daughter and it really scares her. ****holes!

I was also section D3 in the North and am pleased to report that everyone was top notch.
Disappointment all round at the end but I didn't see anyone being a dick.

Same goes for the walk back to the buses.

Same goes for the club we were drinking in before the game.

Same goes for the bus I travelled in.

All good today apart from the result.

******** supporters with no perspective are the scourge of their teams and as can be seen from folks comments on this thread good Hibees really can't be bothered with them.

Lago
13-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Crawling back into the woodwork to come out when the next semi final/final is
They certainly don't go near ER very often.

B.H.F.C
13-03-2016, 09:58 PM
I thought it was all very subdued in the ground today.

hibIBZ
13-03-2016, 09:59 PM
I was near the front in B6 and it was a really friendly family atmosphere. I did notice there was a bit of trouble further along in B2, but thankfully it was far enough away from us.

I was in B6 aswell and it was a good atmosphere. Disappointment all round but no bother and most people were positive and backing the team

Golden Bear
13-03-2016, 10:00 PM
I was in B6 aswell and it was a good atmosphere. Disappointment all round but no bother and most people were positive and baking the team

Makes a change from roasting them!

sleeping giant
13-03-2016, 10:01 PM
I was in B6 aswell and it was a good atmosphere. Disappointment all round but no bother and most people were positive and backing the team

aye B6 PP for me.
I thought I was quite lucky with the surrounding company.

lord bunberry
13-03-2016, 10:05 PM
aye B6 PP for me.
I thought I was quite lucky with the surrounding company.

Yeah I was a bit further down, but it was really good and the stewards were good as well, having a bit of a laugh with us all.

lord bunberry
13-03-2016, 10:05 PM

Yeah definitely

AFKA5814_Hibs
13-03-2016, 10:08 PM

What train was that? We were om the 7.30 and nothing happened on that other than the emergency button been pushed which meant we had to stop rather quickly.

matty_f
13-03-2016, 10:22 PM

You were just down from me. Thought the area was very well behaved and the atmosphere was good throughout.

LancashireHibby
13-03-2016, 10:23 PM
All good in B6 row XX as well. Stewards helpful and in good humour when helping with my flag as well.

FitbaFolkKen
13-03-2016, 10:31 PM
I thought it was all very subdued in the ground today.

Totally agree, it didn't feel like a final which is a weird thing to say.

The second half I thought we were quiet and it almost felt like there was an expectation we were going to lose.

sleeping giant
13-03-2016, 10:34 PM
Yeah I was a bit further down, but it was really good and the stewards were good as well, having a bit of a laugh with us all.

Aye so was I :greengrin
It was actually row P.

Alex Trager
13-03-2016, 10:37 PM
Some folk just like to go boxing though ae?

They just don't realise there are times and rings where other men their own size will be up for hitting them back.

superfurryhibby
13-03-2016, 10:41 PM
What train was that? We were om the 7.30 and nothing happened on that other than the emergency button been pushed which meant we had to stop rather quickly.

There was trouble on the 7:00pm train. Polis in my carriage were alerted to it by railway staff and were making there way up to the front carriages around about the Falkirk stop.

I saw some young guys desperate for a swedge when waiting for the train, the wee prick in the blue Harrington and white t-shirt was being particularly wide with folk. I can imagine him and his pack of fandangos giving it plenty on board.

Holmesdale Hibs
13-03-2016, 10:42 PM
I was sober at the game (Im usually pished for finals) and it was an eye opener seeing so many pished people making complete fools of themselves.

Same for me. Didn't see any alcohol related trouble myself though and it all seemed good natured. On hindsight I can also see the benefits of being pished today.

Only trouble I saw was a (sober) guy chuck a couple of coins on the pitch, one at the Bartley booking (which looked like it hit a Hibs fan) and another at full time, that landed on the track.

overdrive
13-03-2016, 10:49 PM
The folk in the row behind me were arguing with the guy in the row behind them for being negative. Ross County get the winner and the folk who were moaning about the other guy being negative come out with far more negative stuff. Go figure.

On the way in (but still outside) we got stopped by an entire family who were jaked to the max asking where Row G was.... Eh depends which stand. One of them was so drunk they were on the ground and couldn't get up.

Pete
13-03-2016, 10:51 PM
We'd be quicker listing all the places in and around the ground where there was no fighting.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-03-2016, 10:53 PM

Cannae see 10K heading up to Inverness midweek!

Nakedmanoncrack
13-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Can't be bothered wading through all the posts on this - but I never seen or heard as much as an argument between supporters today, it always happens but I doubt 30k Hibs fans have ever went to a game in Glasgow & behaved better.

steakbake
13-03-2016, 11:14 PM
There were noticeably a few more total knobs about today than at a standard Hibs game. There were a couple of fights in the section I was in, B3, and just some general dickishness going on. A few rows down from me, there was an argument between a guy who was there with his kids and the guy infront of him - don't know what it was about but it was unpleasant. Further down, there was a proper fight which kind of got bigger. Again, no idea what the problem was. Loads of pished guys - too many folk get guttered. I've never really understood the point of that.

Iceman1875
13-03-2016, 11:20 PM
Saw half a dozen riot vans go into the Asda car park around 520pm, did something kick off?

At Easter Road we play...

LancashireHibby
13-03-2016, 11:32 PM
Saw half a dozen riot vans go into the Asda car park around 520pm, did something kick off?

At Easter Road we play...

They'd heard the yellow stickers were coming out on the rotisserie and bakery sections.

HH81
13-03-2016, 11:44 PM
inside the ground? thats disgusting.

Yes in the stands, she was asleep and I looked down and sick everywhere.

Had some other clothes in car or would have had that smell for my 4 hour drice home

AFKA5814_Hibs
13-03-2016, 11:49 PM
I have been drunk at the football many times and probably made an arse of myself several times too. Today I took my daughter to her first Cup Final and was reasonably sensible because of this. I had a few beers, but was conscience of the fact she was at the game and I better not let my drinking get out of control. I cannot fathom out someone who would take a child to a football match but get really pissed and start fighting. :confused:

Bishop Hibee
13-03-2016, 11:49 PM
F2 fine as far as I could see.

Hibs07p
14-03-2016, 12:12 AM
Not excusing their behaviour by any means but Queen Street was an absolute shambles coming back. staff had no idea what was happening and imo all it would have taken was some clear communication to avoid an ugly scene developing.

Nothing to do with the staff, and communication was fine. The problem was down to over indulgence first and foremost, secondly, the amount of trains and frequency was inadequate to move the supporters out of the station quickly, leaving the supporters with a choice, join a big queue for at least an hour, or go away get more bevvy, and find the queues are just as big when they come back. I was there at just after 18.00, my wife and I went away for a quick meal and came back around 19.20, the queues were getting bigger, the pubs in and around the station were full of Hibbies, and two or three were warned by BTP before they eventually lifted them. I wasn't comfortable travelling with my wife on any of the Edinburgh services because the amount of people getting rammed onto the trains were a recipe for trouble especially with a fair amount of people being pished. We travelled Glasgow to stirling to Edinburgh in relative peace.

GGTTH

hibs69
14-03-2016, 12:17 AM
They'd heard the yellow stickers were coming out on the rotisserie and bakery sections.

:tee hee: Nice.

In F4 today and all was great....., apart from the result...... and the absolutely flippin' honking smelling butternut squash and goats cheese pie the bloke beside me was eating. Had to say, "Mate, wtf are you eating?"

Giro Playboy
14-03-2016, 12:20 AM
Passed by a couple of guys fighting after the game today, started after arguing how bad we were, will never understand why folk get like this after a football game I don't understand why people like you feel the need to post such irrelevant pish
Two guys were fighting......shocker

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2016, 12:29 AM
Cannae see 10K heading up to Inverness midweek!

I wonder where they will be crawling too.

matty_f
14-03-2016, 01:46 AM
I don't understand why people like you feel the need to post such irrelevant pish
Two guys were fighting......shocker

You're a charmer, eh?

Danderhall Hibs
14-03-2016, 01:55 AM
I wonder where they will be crawling too.

Probably crawling along the M8 after missing their bus cos they were that pished.

Mango Man
14-03-2016, 02:10 AM
Was in D1 in the north and didn't see any fighting or arguments, was next to a guy though who was an angry man, and did punch a seat really hard a couple of times after they scored, tbh I don't entirely blame the guy, was probably about 50, and you could tell he has been through this all to familiar book many, many times before, obviously no excuse for hitting anything, but people handle the constant crushing disappointment differently, it really does get under the skin the way we don't turn up for big games 95% of the time.

Libby Hibby
14-03-2016, 06:00 AM
All fine in F1

Bristolhibby
14-03-2016, 06:47 AM

Brilliant!

J

Pretty Boy
14-03-2016, 06:51 AM
I had a great lot around me in C4.

Plenty positive support, few laughs and plenty singing. At full time most gave a quick applause then headed off. Bit grumbling and moaning on the way out (hardly a surprise) but no trouble at all. Disapointing to read some of the stuff on this thread but I'm not shocked. There are some grounds, Hampden and Tynecastle in particular, that seem to attract the dregs of society in our support.

Hermit Crab
14-03-2016, 09:53 AM
No issues in the south lower. Seen 3 woman fighting right outside the police station along from the ground. Needless to say it wasn't long until police moved in.

Further along one that road a pished idiot tried to kick a moving car because the driver had the cheek to drive down the road. He was speeding or anything. I had a word with the boy for being a twat and he offered me out. :rolleyes:

zlatan
14-03-2016, 10:04 AM
I was saying to my mates when leaving how subdued it all felt as well, just felt like a collective air of resignation around the place, seen no tears, no screaming and shouting etc. which was a new feeling for me leaving Hampden.

Clearly not...

MrRobot
14-03-2016, 10:05 AM
I was caught up in a bit of the trouble, happened in b7. Guy kept asking me to push up to let him in, I checked his ticket and told him his seat was beside me. Kept trying to push me out my seat then took a swing at me.

Absolute fanny. A few guys behind stuck up for me and eventually after, stewards got rid of him and his mate. Grade A weapons.

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 10:10 AM
I was saying to my mates when leaving how subdued it all felt as well, just felt like a collective air of resignation around the place, seen no tears, no screaming and shouting etc. which was a new feeling for me leaving Hampden.

Clearly not...

you didnt see me then... i was a blubbering mess :greengrin

Didn't see any trouble yesterday, however did see some total idiot of a man walking up the side of the road with his laddie on his shoulders, completely pished, swaying around. He kept walking the boy in to the hedge in one direction and almost in to on coming traffic in the other direction. :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
14-03-2016, 10:14 AM
When our bus passed Haymarket about 10.30 in the morning there was a guy absolutely out his face carrying 6 cans of Strongbow staggering into the middle of the road trying to sing the McGinn song. He could hardly stand up.

God only knows what he was like by kick off time, if he saw the game I'd be stunned.

hibee_girl
14-03-2016, 10:32 AM
We had a few folk shouting at each other in F1, mostly over folk standing etc but it was all alcohol fueled. Eventually the guys doing the majority of the shouting moved away and it was all fine after that.

Don't understand why folk need to get so hammered that they've no clue what's going on around them, what's the point in paying the money for the ticket etc if you're just going to miss it all due to drink? It's the same at concerts etc, I just don't get it.

Smartie
14-03-2016, 10:49 AM
When our bus passed Haymarket about 10.30 in the morning there was a guy absolutely out his face carrying 6 cans of Strongbow staggering into the middle of the road trying to sing the McGinn song. He could hardly stand up.

God only knows what he was like by kick off time, if he saw the game I'd be stunned.

He started up front with Jason Cummings.

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 10:50 AM

sounds like stokes really divided opinion yest. My old man thought he was 'a waist of a jersey', i actually thought he offered way more than JC.

Hibernia&Alba
14-03-2016, 10:52 AM

:greengrin

Naughty

Hermit Crab
14-03-2016, 10:53 AM
sounds like stokes eally divided opinion yest. My old man thought he was 'a waist of a jersey', i actually thought he offered way more than JC.

:agree:. Cummings done nowt yesterday, I stand by my opinion that he is never a footballer. Selfish, poor first touch, poor awareness and he's out of form, he should not have played yesterday. Keatings deserved a chance. Farid should have been on along with boyle as well.

Hibernia&Alba
14-03-2016, 10:55 AM
:agree:. Cummings done nowt yesterday, I stand by my opinion that he is never a footballer. Selfish, poor first touch, poor awareness and he's out of form, he should not have played yesterday. Keatings deserved a chance. Farid should have been on along with boyle as well.

Steady on, HC. Cummings is a good young player who will have dips in form at his age.

Northernhibee
14-03-2016, 10:55 AM
"Never a footballer". Top goalscorer last season and looking the same this one.

" Never a footballer".

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't say he was never a footballer :greengrin

but - he is very selfish in his play and te kind of game we were playing yesterday, hoofing it up looking to win the second ball just doesn't suit him at all. At least Stokes tries to create space to recieve a pass... you never see JC doing that anymore.

Nicho87
14-03-2016, 11:03 AM
High balls to stokes an cummings, not the best tactics stubbs has came up with. Yesterday showed how much we miss hanlon and fyvie imo not so much dylan cause sadly he is never fit long enough

CorrieHibs
14-03-2016, 11:11 AM
They certainly don't go near ER very often.

I unfortunately had to sit in the East because a few of my mates don't have enough points. The guys in my group that do have Season tickets like myself told them IF we make the SC final we won't be waiting on them again. Seemed that all the day trippers were beside us. Not even interested in the match. Just moaned about every single player and fought and argued amongst each other. Fair enough, some players didn't perform but come on try and at least support them.

Puts me off going if I have to listen to them. I'll defo be in the north stand next time. First experience in the East and won't be back in a hurry.

Hermit Crab
14-03-2016, 11:11 AM
High balls to stokes an cummings, not the best tactics stubbs has came up with. Yesterday showed how much we miss hanlon and fyvie imo not so much dylan cause sadly he is never fit long enough

He's going to get an op to try and sort it.

3pm
14-03-2016, 11:22 AM
The only issue I was aware of yesterday was in the North Stand at half time. There are too many people for the size of the walkway / toilets required. The whole thing was at gridlock at the top of C4.

Two idiots (one male, one female) decided that said gridlock was n/a to them and decided to attempt to shove me aside - the guy actual had his hands on my arms trying to pull me
aside so he could get through.

It's frustrating when we can't move as quick as we want but some of the decisions made by some people are bizarre.

Other than that, nae hassle.

Hibee_Craig7062
14-03-2016, 11:27 AM
sounds like stokes really divided opinion yest. My old man thought he was 'a waist of a jersey', i actually thought he offered way more than JC.

This. I thought stokes was our main threat yesterday. JC on the other hand needs to sign a new deal and get back to basics. A very long way to go before he would make it at a higher level. He was the waste of a jersey yesterday if there was one!

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 11:30 AM
The only issue I was aware of yesterday was in the North Stand at half time. There are too many people for the size of the walkway / toilets required. The whole thing was at gridlock at the top of C4.

Two idiots (one male, one female) decided that said gridlock was n/a to them and decided to attempt to shove me aside - the guy actual had his hands on my arms trying to pull me

It's frustrating when we can't move as quick as we want but some of the decisions made by some people are bizarre.

I find these scenarios quite comical. Everybody in the same boat, all wanting the same thing but you always get one roaster who thinks they're the exception.

NAE NOOKIE
14-03-2016, 11:37 AM
I was in D5 and didn't see any bother between our fans. I was a bit surprised that everybody was standing though ... I'm all for standing sections where folk can choose to go, but when everybody stands in an area like that its a bugger for kids and wee folk like me to be able to see.

What was worse was a few folk who kept getting in my way coming back with pies and stuff 20 minutes into the 2nd half ........ why the hell would you go to a cup final and miss 20 minutes of the game in the pie queue? ......mental.

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 11:41 AM
I was in D5 and didn't see any bother between our fans. I was a bit surprised that everybody was standing though ... I'm all for standing sections where folk can choose to go, but when everybody stands in an area like that its a bugger for kids and wee folk like me to be able to see.

What was worse was a few folk who kept getting in my way coming back with pies and stuff 20 minutes into the 2nd half ........ why the hell would you go to a cup final and miss 20 minutes of the game in the pie queue? ......mental.

Yeah, i was in D5 missed a couple of minutes of the match due to having to take a seat :greengrin

14-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Sadly some idiots (usually grown men who should know better) can't handle their bevy and feel the need to try act the hard man for some reason. No bother near us and never witnessed anything outside the ground but there is always a small minority of idiots who make total fools of themselves and seem hell bent on starting a fight.

By all means have a good drink before the game but if you can't handle it then either lay of it or don't bother coming to the game and ruining it for other people. Thankfully the vast majority of the hibs support caused no bother but it just takes a few morons to ruin it.

Lago
14-03-2016, 11:44 AM
Well, reading through this thread, one thing is absolutely clear, booze at Scottish football matches should never be reintroduced, I don't know why and have given up trying to understand, but too many Scottish fans and booze just don't mix.

Smartie
14-03-2016, 11:45 AM

I actually agree with you, I thought he looked like he might create something for himself (I don't think anyone looked like they were going to create anything for him).

(I was mainly trying to be a bit cheeky about our much better ability to create wild rumours about what Stokes may or may not do in the run up to our games).

Pretty Boy
14-03-2016, 11:46 AM

It was mental up there at half time. Absolutely rammed, uncomfortably so.

The toilets were like being in a kiln as well with all the smoke.

Hibee_Craig7062
14-03-2016, 11:48 AM
It was mental up there at half time. Absolutely rammed, uncomfortably so.

The toilets were like being in a kiln as well with all the smoke.

At the top of d5 the stewards let folk into the stairs to have a smoke. Sensible decision

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 11:50 AM
I actually agree with you, I thought he looked like he might create something for himself (I don't think anyone looked like they were going to create anything for him).

(I was mainly trying to be a bit cheeky about our much better ability to create wild rumours about what Stokes may or may not do in the run up to our games).

:greengrin I apologise for not being bright enough to catch your wit, i'll blame the hangover :greengrin

14-03-2016, 11:51 AM
Well, reading through this thread, one thing is absolutely clear, booze at Scottish football matches should never be reintroduced, I don't know why and have given up trying to understand, but too many Scottish fans and booze just don't mix.

Some people seem to think its impossible to turn up to a football match unless they are blind drunk. We all had a good drink yesterday before the game but nobody was in a terrible state or acting like a tit. Whats the point of getting so off your face that you risk not even getting into the stadium :confused:

Before the 2007 cup final, there was a man in the pub we were in before the game that was passed out on the floor he was so drunk. His mate ended up missing the game because he had to stay with him to try sober him up, there was absolutely not a chance in hell of him getting into the ground with him, the guy couldn't even stand up. Both of them in the end missed watching hibs win the cup.

Borderhibbie76
14-03-2016, 11:52 AM
2 "glory hunters" behind me chucked their scarves onto the pitch at full time whistle...the downside of getting to a cup final against a non old firm team...pished glory hunters!! At least they can bu###r off now until the next Hampden Day out see ya ✋✋

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
14-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Some people seem to think its impossible to turn up to a football match unless they are blind drunk. We all had a good drink yesterday before the game but nobody was in a terrible state or acting like a tit. Whats the point of getting so off your face that you risk not even getting into the stadium :confused:

Before the 2007 cup final, there was a man in the pub we were in before the game that was passed out on the floor he was so drunk. His mate ended up missing the game because he had to stay with him to try sober him up, there was absolutely not a chance in hell of him getting into the ground with him, the guy couldn't even stand up. Both of them in the end missed watching hibs win the cup.

It's utterly mental the way some people get.

I'd had a fair bit to drink on Saturday night and put away 5 and half pints in the cricket club pre match but I know my limits and knew I would be fine with that. I could still walk, talk and had my wits about me. If people can't handle their drink they would probably be best to refrain altogether.

That's not just football either btw. I see it all the time at gigs, boxing, racing etc etc.

14-03-2016, 11:59 AM

I'd had a fair bit to drink on Saturday night and put away 5 and half pints in the cricket club pre match but I know my limits and knew I would be fine with that. I could still walk, talk and had my wits about me. If people can't handle their drink they would probably be best to refrain altogether.

That's not just football either btw. I see it all the time at gigs, boxing, racing etc etc.

It was ridiculous. I don't know what time had had started drinking but judging by the nick of him it was probably a continuation from the night before. Never have I seen a grown man in such a state. there was young kids about as well that had to watch this clown passed out on the floor, stumbling about the corridors tryna get his trousers up after going for a piss and generally just make a total fool of himself.

Same here, had plenty to drink but knew my limits and didn't get into such a state that I was making a fool of myself or so blind drunk that I risked not getting in. It's called having a bit of maturity and common sense.

Hibernia&Alba
14-03-2016, 12:02 PM
Some folk get carried away with the whole 'event', forgetting that the most important thing is the match. It's a beano, a pub crawl etc with a game in between. Sometimes the consequences are very messy.

Lago
14-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Sme people seem to think its impossible to turn up to a football match unless they are blind drunk. We all had a good drink yesterday before the game but nobody was in a terrible state or acting like a tit. Whats the point of getting so off your face that you risk not getting into the stadium :confused:

You mention the 2007 final, it was the last time I went to a Hibs final and took my daughter, I always remember her asking me if people always behaved this way, I had to explain it was different at ER, not sure I convinced her, but she never expressed any interest in football from then on and I decided my cup final days were over, TV for me.

eastterrace
14-03-2016, 12:17 PM
You mention the 2007 final, it was the last time I went to a Hibs final and took my daughter, I always remember her asking me if people always behaved this way, I had to explain it was different at ER, not sure I convinced her, but she never expressed any interest in football from then on and I decided my cup final days were over, TV for me. I'm beginning to think like you no more Hampden misery, took us 3 hours to get back to Edinburgh on the bus sick off all these disappointments the way I feel the now I will just watch on the telly in the future let the day trippers have their moments

ulises_trotter
14-03-2016, 12:41 PM
the atmosphere was rotten

please sit down and shut up seems to be the attitude at cup finals

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 12:43 PM
the atmosphere was rotten

please sit down and shut up seems to be the attitude at cup finals

:confused: thought it was decent. I'd hate to have been an RC fan though, they had nothing.

TheFall
14-03-2016, 12:51 PM

It's all about making sensible decisions.
A final is a social and sporting occasion.

I love pre Cup Final drinks but never drink so much that there is a risk:
that I won't get in the ground for being under the influence,
that I need to go for a pee every 20 minutes
that I won't get fully into the ebb and flow of the game

Yesterday was 4 pints and a cheeky short pre match.
I really enjoyed it and didn't risk any of the above.
Could have had another couple but felt right.
As Dirty Harry said "man has to know his limits"

Golden Bear
14-03-2016, 01:08 PM
It's been said before and it sounds real snobbish but it's a fact that at Hampden you're better paying that wee bit extra and ensuring that you get a good seat and at the same time reducing the risk of encountering some of the "problem areas!"

:rolleyes:

Mango Man
14-03-2016, 01:09 PM
I'm beginning to think like you no more Hampden misery, took us 3 hours to get back to Edinburgh on the bus sick off all these disappointments the way I feel the now I will just watch on the telly in the future let the day trippers have their moments

I stated after the Hearts semi in 2006, that I would never go back to Hampden, having a 100% defeat record is just too much, of course we win the cup the next season :(

God knows why I went back on my word and went along yesterday. I can now say for sure....I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO HAMPDEN AGAIN!!

You guys can thank me when we win the Scottish cup this year :)

silverhibee
14-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Just down from this, seemed to go on for ages.

https://twitter.com/bobbyoliver2225/status/709321531617370112/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

staunchhibby
14-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Why is it some of those called supporters only appear at the final and intent on causing aggro very rarely appear at easter road.This has happened at Hampden the last couple of times.If cant drink in moderation then leave it alone instead of giving grief to others.

Moulin Yarns
14-03-2016, 01:18 PM
At the top of d5 the stewards let folk into the stairs to have a smoke. Sensible decision

Also in D5, 2 wee lads in front of me couldn't see because the whole section was standing, a steward found some seats at the front of F1 for them. Not all stewards are jobsworths.

GlesgaeHibby
14-03-2016, 01:21 PM
I was caught up in a bit of the trouble, happened in b7. Guy kept asking me to push up to let him in, I checked his ticket and told him his seat was beside me. Kept trying to push me out my seat then took a swing at me.

Absolute fanny. A few guys behind stuck up for me and eventually after, stewards got rid of him and his mate. Grade A weapons.

Glad the Stewards got rid. I was in row RR and they were slow to react, boy had no interest in the football. Pished and looking for an excuse to kick off.

Thecat23
14-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Why is it some of those called supporters only appear at the final and intent on causing aggro very rarely appear at easter road.This has happened at Hampden the last couple of times.If cant drink in moderation then leave it alone instead of giving grief to others.

Because most are jakeballs who having serious drinking issues and think they can use this as an excuse to shout abuse and fight. Absolute ****ing bellends the lot of them.

Lago
14-03-2016, 01:38 PM
I'm beginning to think like you no more Hampden misery, took us 3 hours to get back to Edinburgh on the bus sick off all these disappointments the way I feel the now I will just watch on the telly in the future let the day trippers have their moments
I have never regretted making that decision as I know there will always be plenty of fans to fill Hampden so Hibs don't lose out and I can 'enjoy' the game in piece.

BSEJVT
14-03-2016, 01:46 PM

Cummings was far from great yesterday but how many on shot targets did our respective strikers have yesterday.

That's the only statistic that matters.

We didn't sign Stokes to be the new playmaker, we signed him to score goals.

By any yardstick his performances in that regard have been an abject failure.

JDT
14-03-2016, 01:53 PM
I was in the west a few rows back from where the fight earlier in the thread took place. My mate was in the middle of it and basically it was all because him and his mates were pissed and needing the toilet more and that upset another group who kept having to get up and down.

I also had a dad and his 2 boys with him in the seats behind who moved as they were getting hassled by a drunk. The older lad was in tears and it was a horrible thing to see. Thankfully I managed to cheer him up after Fontaine scored by going mental and picking him up.

Some folk need to have a word making kids cry and fighting with fellow hibees.

Trainor
14-03-2016, 02:58 PM
Sadly some idiots (usually grown men who should know better) can't handle their bevy and feel the need to try act the hard man for some reason. No bother near us and never witnessed anything outside the ground but there is always a small minority of idiots who make total fools of themselves and seem hell bent on starting a fight.

By all means have a good drink before the game but if you can't handle it then either lay of it or don't bother coming to the game and ruining it for other people. Thankfully the vast majority of the hibs support caused no bother but it just takes a few morons to ruin it.

Agree 100%

HappyHanlon
14-03-2016, 02:58 PM
I hate Hampden and I hate the fans that appear out of nowhere when we get a trip to Hampden.

Grown adults rolling about on the ground....jeezo.

what I will say is the stewarding is non existent. Some lassie with funky eyebrows was passing round cans of gin ans tonic around her pals and then offering them to the rows around us.

i hate Hampden.

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 03:09 PM
I hate Hampden and I hate the fans that appear out of nowhere when we get a trip to Hampden.

Grown adults rolling about on the ground....jeezo.

what I will say is the stewarding is non existent. Some lassie with funky eyebrows was passing round cans of gin ans tonic around her pals and then offering them to the rows around us.

i hate Hampden.

to be fair, i'd have loved someone to turn round and offer me a can of G&T yesterday :greengrin

Dalianwanda
14-03-2016, 03:18 PM
I thought it was a really heartening atmosphere and most folk in good spirits right through...don't know what the guy in the hood was on in section d beside the drummer...screaming at anyone around him all the way through the game!?! He just kept catching my attention but as I say around me the dudes gave great support & Hibs togetherness

Green-Hibee-7
14-03-2016, 03:18 PM
Was walking back down that grassy hill towards the asda if exiting from the North, North-East part of the stadium were some absolute tube proceeded to open up a drivers door hurl abuse at him shouting as loudly as possible before slamming the door shut with force. The female passenger of the car who looked absolutely terrified/upset to her credit got out and asked what he was playing at and was then subjected to yet more abuse from the guy. A lot of people around never really challenged the guy but were passing comment on his stupidity. Our group contained a few kids at this point so really wasn't wanting to get involved.

Another incident we saw was when we were stuck in traffic for what must have been a good 30 minutes on a road which runs parrallel to the Asda. I can't confirm if he was a Hibs fan or not. No colours on or whatever but opened up the drivers door of a Glasgow City Council recylcing trailer/van and punched him square in the face leaving him burst open and looking more confused than anything. The guy actually ran away after punching him some hard man :rolleyes:

Northern Hibby
14-03-2016, 03:32 PM

Guy next to me said "what can 2 Hibbys be fighting about"

I said "nothing unless 1 of them just confessed to nailing the others wife"

His reply was "but you wouldn't do that at Hampden would you"

Diclonius
14-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Didn't see anything untoward in our bit. Never actually been drunk at the football, my behaviour when sober is excessive enough without being anti-social.

What was quite amusing is that a young girl in front of us wordlessly got out of her seat next to her family after County scored the winner, left and never returned. Clearly a veteran Hibs fan.

14-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Was walking back down that grassy hill towards the asda if exiting from the North, North-East part of the stadium were some absolute tube proceeded to open up a drivers door hurl abuse at him shouting as loudly as possible before slamming the door shut with force. The female passenger of the car who looked absolutely terrified/upset to her credit got out and asked what he was playing at and was then subjected to yet more abuse from the guy. A lot of people around never really challenged the guy but were passing comment on his stupidity. Our group contained a few kids at this point so really wasn't wanting to get involved.

Another incident we saw was when we were stuck in traffic for what must have been a good 30 minutes on a road which runs parrallel to the Asda. I can't confirm if he was a Hibs fan or not. No colours on or whatever but opened up the drivers door of a Glasgow City Council recylcing trailer/van and punched him square in the face leaving him burst open and looking more confused than anything. The guy actually ran away after punching him some hard man :rolleyes:

Wow sounds like a real tough man :rolleyes: What an utter prick!

Super_JMcGinn
16-03-2016, 09:24 AM
The behaviour of some of our fans, a tiny minority it has to be said, but wearing our colours nonetheless was a disgrace. Heard a few comments from the locals coming out of Asda after the game and it was none too flattering. Drink/drugs played a massive part but shameful all the same.

Jones28
16-03-2016, 09:36 AM
I don't get why some people feel the need to get so mangled before a big game that in the event we won it they'd have no idea anyway.

capitals_finest
16-03-2016, 10:59 AM
http://youtu.be/ujT4ZPGn_WI

Giro Playboy
16-03-2016, 11:28 AM
I don't have any stories of fans fighting that I can add to this thread but there was a guy in a green Stone Island jacket standing outside Montfords Bar giving folk dirty looks.

Smartie
16-03-2016, 12:48 PM
The behaviour of some of our fans, a tiny minority it has to be said, but wearing our colours nonetheless was a disgrace. Heard a few comments from the locals coming out of Asda after the game and it was none too flattering. Drink/drugs played a massive part but shameful all the same.

They're gonna love the Old Firm game in a few weeks.

Killiehibbie
16-03-2016, 02:06 PM
I must've been in the good guys section as the only angry voice I heard was on the way out, apart from the ones in my head.

16-03-2016, 02:10 PM
I must've been in the good guys section as the only angry voice I heard was on the way out, apart from the ones in my head.

Same here, can't say I saw any bother on Sunday. Saw a few people getting a talking to from the police for having a pee in the street but that was about it lol.

Hibernia&Alba
16-03-2016, 02:15 PM
They're gonna love the Old Firm game in a few weeks.

I bet some of them will be there, right in the middle of the bigot fest!

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-03-2016, 02:23 PM
I don't have any stories of fans fighting that I can add to this thread but there was a guy in a green Stone Island jacket standing outside Montfords Bar giving folk dirty looks.

Cannae decide if this is a serious post or not.

Killiehibbie
16-03-2016, 02:27 PM
Cannae decide if this is a serious post or not.
I saw him from the window, pissed off that he couldn't get in.