PDA

View Full Version : Well done County!

vercol36
13-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Gutted to have lost, but a big well done to County...great achievement.

Humo
It's an amazing achievement to win a football game without actually playing football

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Onceinawhile
I. Well done county.

GreenArmyyy!
13-03-2016, 05:48 PM
Pish. Crap club.

Pretty Boy
13-03-2016, 05:48 PM
**** them

easty
13-03-2016, 05:49 PM
**** Ross County and their fans.

SkintHibby
Any club who needs to win a trophy for the first time just needs to play Hibs.

Davy Mac
It's an amazing achievement to win a football game without actually playing football

Correct. Baffling at times.

sleeping giant
13-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Bolt

GlasgowHibee
****ing muppet.

sleeping giant

Stubbs should take note

B.H.F.C
13-03-2016, 05:51 PM
County can get tae f***. Same goes for anybody that bought one of those stupid half and half scarves.

SaulGoodman
The Scottish cup is in Inverness and the league cup is in Dingwall. **** me

BoomtownHibees
**** Ross County

easty
13-03-2016, 05:52 PM
County can get tae f***. Same goes for anybody that bought one of those stupid half and half scarves.

Why does anyone buy them? Saw a few folk with them before the game. I wouldn't take one if it was free.

Hibby Bairn
13-03-2016, 05:52 PM
Used to go to the highlands to watch Hibs play pre season v Ross County, Forres Mechanics, Elgin City, Keith etc. Now they are beating us in League Cup Finals.

Schteff
13-03-2016, 05:53 PM
Crap thread. Almost as crap as getting pumped from some wee nobody club. No other team in football cause as much embarrassment as Hibs

Andy74
13-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Deary me

Lago
13-03-2016, 05:56 PM
Crap thread. Almost as crap as getting pumped from some wee nobody club. No other team in football cause as much embarrassment as Hibs
Grow up.

Yuillsy
13-03-2016, 05:57 PM
**** them.

Allant1981
13-03-2016, 05:58 PM
No way well done ross county, they were garbage

One Day Soon
13-03-2016, 05:58 PM

I believe the expression is 'do one'. Muppet

vercol36
13-03-2016, 06:00 PM
Christ. Alright, sorry then lads.
Nothing against County personally but clearly there's a backstory I've not latched onto.

Stokesy's on fire
Why should we say well done to them? Their players antics where a joke going to ground and wasting time whilst constantly fouling and getting off with it? **** county pathetic club

Hi Heid Yin
Gutted again!!!
This said, Ross County came with a game plan to win the League Cup final. They stuck to it and won. Some call it "anti-football". I say, well done for being so professional (remember Leeds united, anyone?)
Decent set of fans, too. We've won the damn thing before and will do so again. It's their day. I for one say well done to the minnows from a wee town of 6,000 people. Fairy tale stuff.

Boyle89
13-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Scored with their only 2 attacks so credit there but my god they are terrible. Mind you they beat us so what does that make us?

TheMentalHibees
13-03-2016, 06:03 PM

The mantra for success in Scottish football [emoji115].
Maybe why we struggle to get any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenArmyyy!
13-03-2016, 06:03 PM
Gutted again!!!
This said, Ross County came with a game plan to win the League Cup final. They stuck to it and won. Some call it "anti-football". I say, well done for being so professional (remember Leeds united, anyone?)
Decent set of fans, too. We've won the damn thing before and will do so again. It's their day. I for one say well done to the minnows from a wee town of 6,000 people. Fairy tale stuff.

Aye a fairytale right enough. Can't wait to tell my grandkids about this momentus day.

Stokesy's on fire
13-03-2016, 06:06 PM
Aye a fairytale right enough. Can't wait to tell my grandkids about this momentus day.

Spot on **** making history for other ***** clubs

Stokesy's on fire
13-03-2016, 06:07 PM
Used to go to the highlands to watch Hibs play pre season v Ross County, Forres Mechanics, Elgin City, Keith etc. Now they are beating us in League Cup Finals.

This!!

BoomtownHibees
13-03-2016, 06:10 PM
Gutted again!!!

What a load of bollocks. "Well done", "fairy tale stuff". You're at it ya ****

Albanian Hibs
13-03-2016, 06:18 PM
**** ross county. ***** club ***** fans. Better team lost

Hi Heid Yin
13-03-2016, 06:18 PM
What a load of bollocks. "Well done", "fairy tale stuff". You're at it ya ****

It was a heart-breaking result (again!!) but the day I stop being gracious to a tiny opponent who defied the odds and stuck to a game plan to deny my own team a trophy is the day that the Jambos will not "jambottle-it" and lose a league championship with 7 minutes remaining of an entire league campaign. I felt worse when we lost that league cup final to Livingston if I'm being honest. We still have two other goals to achieve this season. The Jambos have sweet F.A.
This does not mean that I don't think that the better footballing side lost.

DH1875
13-03-2016, 06:20 PM
****ing hate threads like this.

BoomtownHibees
13-03-2016, 06:20 PM
It was a heart-breaking result (again!!) but the day I stop being gracious to a tiny opponent who defied the odds and stuck to a game plan to deny my own team a trophy is the day that the Jambos will not "jambottle-it" and lose a league championship with 7 minutes remaining of an entire league campaign. I felt worse when we lost that league cup final to Livingston if I'm being honest. We still have two other goals to achieve this season. The Jambos have sweet F.A.

Who cares about the ****in Jambos? They have **** all to do with it. The minute I give praise to an anti-football, negative team that beat MY team in a cup final is the day I will give it up

Jones28
13-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Nut, bolt.

Yuillsy
13-03-2016, 06:24 PM
Who cares about the ****in Jambos? They have **** all to do with it. The minute I give praise to an anti-football, negative team that beat MY team in a cup final is the day I will give it up

Correct!!!!

Hi Heid Yin
13-03-2016, 06:26 PM

I mention the Jambos to give perspective. Their loss that day in 1986 and the incredible turnaround in terms of goals has not been surpassed by any team, anywhere. I for one will get over this loss, just as I did the Livingston final.
Anti-football is a contentious term and open to debate. If they'd played all the football and we'd played the so-called anti-football and walked away with a trophy, would we be sheepish about it and refuse to cheer the roof off Hampden at the final whistle? Of course not. We'd be laughing and over the moon.

BoomtownHibees
13-03-2016, 06:27 PM
I mention the Jambos to give perspective. Their loss that day in 1986 and the incredible turnaround in terms of goals has not been surpassed by any team, anywhere. I for one will get over this loss, just as I did the Livingston final.
Anti-football is a contentious term and open to debate. If they'd played all the football and we'd played the so-called anti-football and walked away with a trophy, would we be sheepish about it and refuse to cheer the roof off Hampden at the final whistle? Of course not. We'd be laughing and over the moon.

Seems like you already are

givescotlandfreedom
13-03-2016, 06:30 PM
Fanless hammer throwing pricks. **** them

bob12345
13-03-2016, 06:32 PM
It's always horrible to lose to a team that park the bus but well done to County for their overall achievement. In terms of the size of the town and resources available they have massively overachieved. If I was a fan. I'd be in dreamland.

les83
13-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Total anti football. I'm not applauding that. Rubbish fans too.

scooby
13-03-2016, 06:37 PM
The County "fans" we saw leaving the ground didn't exactly look happy!
Not sure it means that much to the local community really.

Hibs90
13-03-2016, 06:40 PM
What a pishy thread

Kavinho
13-03-2016, 06:43 PM
I come from a background of always congratulating the winners.

We look at ourselves tomorrow,

For now, good luck to them, and I'm sure the trip back up north is a hell of a lot better than the one headed east.. (via the M 77)

Ronniekirk
13-03-2016, 06:44 PM

Not for me this thread Game was there to be won and we didn't produce Thats why they won
May be sour grapes and too much drink but still hurting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greencore
13-03-2016, 06:45 PM
Well done on taking your chances. Even if they were jammy as ****....

Eyrie
13-03-2016, 07:29 PM
That was a game which we should have won, but Ross County got their tactics right to stop us playing and we never adapted, which is a recurring theme at the moment. On that basis, they deserved the win.

Hibernia&Alba
13-03-2016, 07:40 PM
I have no problem congratulating County. They play in a town with fewer than six thousand inhabitants, have worked their up through the leagues and now have a first major trophy. It's a success story; a club built from scratch, that had a vision and achieved it. Well done to them.

My_Wife_Camille
13-03-2016, 07:42 PM
**** them.

Jim44
13-03-2016, 07:42 PM
I would hazard a guess and say they are the worst team to ever win a national cup final with a shocking performance like that.

Beefster
13-03-2016, 07:43 PM
This thread is even more patronising that the "thank you to the twelve Dumbarton fans for coming to Easter Road" announcement we get at every home game nowadays.

Well done, little inoffensive Ross County. Yay for you.

HibsNutter
13-03-2016, 07:44 PM
They were utter sh*t, I can't believe that happened. I would congratulate them if I was actually impressed, but na.

Gerard
13-03-2016, 07:45 PM
Well done Ross County. It was a good game played in the best traditions of the game.

monktonharp
13-03-2016, 07:46 PM
Gutted again!!!
Decent set of fans, too. We've won the damn thing before and will do so again. It's their day. I for one say well done to the minnows from a wee town of 6,000 people. Fairy tale stuff.the game plan was don't play football, that;s what wins games. ****my barstewards

Hibernia&Alba
13-03-2016, 07:46 PM
This thread is even more patronising that the "thank you to the twelve Dumbarton fans for coming to Easter Road" announcement we get at every home game nowadays.

Well done, little inoffensive Ross County. Yay for you.

It isn't patronising to recognise how far they have come in the past twenty years. Perhaps it would be patronising to say well done had we won but "well done for trying", but they beat us. There's nothing patronising in being big enough to congratulate your vanquishers.

scuttle
13-03-2016, 07:50 PM
I hate any team that beats Hibs let alone in a cup final, Ross County can GTF

Beefster
13-03-2016, 07:52 PM
There's nothing patronising in being big enough to congratulate your vanquishers.

Even if that was true and we were awash with 'Well done Celtic/Rangers/Hearts/Aberdeen/Dundee Utd/etc" threads, it would just demonstrate how we're soft as *****.

As it is, we don't get this sort of stuff for a lot of other teams, some folk feel the need to congratulate Ross County because, as I said, it's 'plucky little inoffensive Ross County'. That's why it's patronising.

monktonharp
13-03-2016, 07:54 PM
It's always horrible to lose to a team that park the bus but well done to County for their overall achievement. In terms of the size of the town and resources available they have massively overachieved. If I was a fan. I'd be in dreamland.I don't give a flying one, if they came from a hamlet in outer Mongolia, they did not deserve to win. we played football, they did not and some of our players were distraught after it.the ref, of course was diabolical, and I'm sure anyone would agree on that. they got every decision, and he seemed particularly harsh with McGinn.

Hibernia&Alba
13-03-2016, 07:57 PM
Even if that was true and we were awash with 'Well done Celtic/Rangers/Hearts/Aberdeen/Dundee Utd/etc" threads, it would just demonstrate how we're soft as *****.

As it is, we don't get this sort of stuff for a lot of other teams, some folk feel the need to congratulate Ross County because, as I said, it's 'plucky little inoffensive Ross County'. That's why it's patronising.

They won, we lost......yet again. Who can we patronise?

Spike Mandela
13-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Let's be honest Ross Count were pish . Any other team enjoying the domination of the game we had today would have humped them yet somehow we contrived to gift them two goals.

Yip Ross County fans enjoy your win but I can't actually believe we let that conclusion come to pass. Woefully incompetent.......again.

silverhibee
13-03-2016, 08:00 PM
F*** them.

Itsnoteasy
13-03-2016, 08:01 PM
****ing hate threads like this.

Dinnae read them then

kaimendhibs
13-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Nah, they can bolt

MWHIBBIES
13-03-2016, 08:02 PM
No point in being angry or bitter toward them, it was our game for the taking at 1-1.

Scorrie
13-03-2016, 08:04 PM
I don't give a flying one, if they came from a hamlet in outer Mongolia, they did not deserve to win. we played football, they did not and some of our players were distraught after it.the ref, of course was diabolical, and I'm sure anyone would agree on that. they got every decision, and he seemed particularly harsh with McGinn.

I'm with you on this but we never seem to break down teams who sit deep and make no attempt to play. Surely we would have learned by now as we have faced plenty of this type of fitbaw this season. We have to get some backbone for the rest of the season now...

Yorkshire HFC
13-03-2016, 08:31 PM
I would hazard a guess and say they are the worst team to ever win a national cup final with a shocking performance like that.

And yet a team full of players who I keep reading should be playing internationally, and managed by someone who I keep reading will be moving on to Celtic or Everton can't beat them. Got to love the Internet.

Jamesie
13-03-2016, 09:03 PM

Astonished to see half and half scarves for sale at a national final. Not for me.

PrettyGreen
13-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Jesus Christ they they were shocking didn't play a minute of football, never deserved anything.

green day
13-03-2016, 09:55 PM
Well done county?

Piss off

My arse

emerald green
13-03-2016, 10:15 PM
Gutted again!!!

Bull****.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-03-2016, 10:53 PM
Anyone else get really nervous when County's no. 7 (Gardyne) got the ball? He was rapid!

Stokesy's on fire
13-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Anyone else get really nervous when County's no. 7 (Gardyne) got the ball? He was rapid!

He was a pain in the ass

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-03-2016, 11:02 PM
I dinnae understand these threads.

Pete
13-03-2016, 11:03 PM
He was a pain in the ass

He was also wearing a bra.

monktonharp
13-03-2016, 11:07 PM
I dinnae understand these threads.best off to bed young man. been a long day:wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-03-2016, 11:09 PM
I'm waiting for someone to resurrect the well done Hearts thread from after THAT final, this is patronising pish.

Stokesy's on fire
13-03-2016, 11:10 PM
I'm waiting for someone to resurrect the well done Hearts thread from after THAT final, this is patronising pish.

Exactly

Stokesy's on fire
13-03-2016, 11:11 PM
He was also wearing a bra.

He's a good player probably the only footballer they had on the pitch today

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-03-2016, 11:11 PM
best off to bed young man. been a long day:wink:

Eh? Nowt controversial there.

BS44
13-03-2016, 11:12 PM

Charity thieves, that is all we should bring up about the dogs. B)

Dunbar Hibee
14-03-2016, 04:35 AM

No really nah..

BSEJVT
14-03-2016, 05:00 AM
WTF is with this thread?

We lost yet another Cup Final to a ***** team. I know what does that make us!

Its sickening, maybe as a club we have that loser mentality that Stubbs claimed to have eradicated?

Like it or not Rantic, the Gunts or Aberdeen would have ran straight over Ross County in a final.

But no nicey nicey Hibs and their nicey nicey fans, lose again.

We then applaud our team off. They lost, let us down again and sold the jerseys with two appalling goals you wouldn't want an under 11 team to lose.

Hibs were playing a team of nobodies, not Barcelona and the players and management needed to stand up and believe in themselves.

Whether Hibs were good , they weren't, or not our applauding them off just excuses another pish result.

I have suffered this pish for 50 odd years and it is wearing very thin.

Have our expectations sunk so low that what will become 3 years in the Championship, it excused by yet another major let down in a very winnable game?

We played one decent team en route to that final, so lets not get too starry eyed about the achievement.

GreenLake
14-03-2016, 05:24 AM

There could be a value in some scarves split with wit.

Hermit Crab
14-03-2016, 09:23 AM

Away ye radge. Most undeserved cup win in the history.

HappyHanlon
14-03-2016, 03:04 PM
Naw, no well down Ross County. What a pile of pish.

All this pandering to stupid wee clubs like that is nauseating.

Half of them didn't even ken how to celebrate. Went to the bar next to GQS and they were in there with their faces tripping them.

Like us they had day trippers who had zero interest in the fitba. You know, the ones that buy the half and half friendship scarfs and say "aww good game today lads"

Soft as ****.

CropleyWasGod
14-03-2016, 03:08 PM
Against the grain here, but I had no problem in congratulating a few RC fans who were parked beside me.

In the past, I've had the same from Aberdeen and Killie fans, so don't see the issue with giving it back when it's due. It's not patronising in my book, it's just decent sportsmanship.

Nicho87
14-03-2016, 03:47 PM
Theres saying well done when they deserve it but not when they done jack all during the game.

CropleyWasGod
14-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Theres saying well done when they deserve it but not when they done jack all during the game.

..apart from scoring 2 out of their 3 chances, and nullifying one of our main playmakers, you mean? :)

marinello59
14-03-2016, 03:56 PM

They did what they had to do and stuck to their game plan well. They didn't play pretty fitba but they deserved the win. Somebody had certainly done their homework on us.

14-03-2016, 04:02 PM
***** team, even *****r fans. Should have won with the possession and chances we had but sadly in typical hibs fashion we gifted them silly goals from the little chances they had.

scuttle
14-03-2016, 04:26 PM
Against the grain here, but I had no problem in congratulating a few RC fans who were parked beside me.

In the past, I've had the same from Aberdeen and Killie fans, so don't see the issue with giving it back when it's due. It's not patronising in my book, it's just decent sportsmanship.

Cant remember beating Aberdeen in a final

CropleyWasGod
14-03-2016, 04:27 PM
Cant remember beating Aberdeen in a final

It was the semi in 2012.

scuttle
14-03-2016, 04:29 PM
It was the semi in 2012.

I know mate ,was just being smart

Hermit Crab
14-03-2016, 06:21 PM
As someone else put it, we lost to a shinty team.... **** them.

basehibby
14-03-2016, 07:38 PM
I've no problem congratulating Ross County on winning their first major trophy - some of the punters on here need to wind their necks in and have a look at themselves - coming across as pathetic graceless muppets :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
14-03-2016, 07:40 PM
I've no problem congratulating Ross County on winning their first major trophy - some of the punters on here need to wind their necks in and have a look at themselves - coming across as pathetic graceless muppets :rolleyes:

What do you expect, we've lost to a team who had less than half the amount of shots on target that we did. We were the better the team and I will not be wishing county well on their win.

Second goalscorer for Ross County - Dick Turpin.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2016, 07:58 PM
For the folk that want to congratulate them, why not go onto their site and do it? Whats the point of doing it on here?

basehibby
14-03-2016, 08:47 PM
For the folk that want to congratulate them, why not go onto their site and do it? Whats the point of doing it on here?

Hibs fans commenting on a Hibs Cup Final - what's the ****in problem - are some folk allergic to sportsmanship?!?

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2016, 09:12 PM
Judging by most of the posts on the thread it would appear so eh.

Gerard
14-03-2016, 09:16 PM
I think most Hibs fans are sporting in nature and apply that approach regardless of when we win. The cup us a lottery as RC beat Celtic and we had a better chance of beating RC. I think we have more chances of winning cups in the future and adopting a good sporting attitude costs nothing but shows other football fans that we are a fans who are good sports

Real Emerald
14-03-2016, 09:25 PM
They won the cup but never done enough to earn it, bar scoring two goals to our one. We were mugged but it wasn't down to luck as the homework was well done by them. Having said that, they won a cup by doing hehaw, it was gifted to them and I'm gutted. They deserved it because we were sussed and they also got a bit of luck when it counted that we never seem to gert.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2016, 09:30 PM
I think most Hibs fans are sporting in nature and apply that approach regardless of when we win. The cup us a lottery as RC beat Celtic and we had a better chance of beating RC. I think we have more chances of winning cups in the future and adopting a good sporting attitude costs nothing but shows other football fans that we are a fans who are good sports

Where are the good sporting attitude threads after the Celtic and Hearts final losses?

Gerard
14-03-2016, 09:37 PM
Where are the good sporting attitude threads after the Celtic and Hearts final losses?

Not having a sour grape and bitter attitude of losing. A PMA to winning and a desire to win in a sporting manner.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Not having a sour grape and bitter attitude of losing. A PMA to winning and a desire to win in a sporting manner.

I've nae idea what PMA stands for but, I'll just leave you boys to it now.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2016, 09:46 PM
I looked up the urban dictionary and wasnae impressed with the definition! :-o

Definitely out now.

BSEJVT
14-03-2016, 09:47 PM

I couldn't care about being a good sport beyond shaking my opponents hand at the end of a match.

I compete to win and will do everything within the rules to do so.

If I don't I am so disappointed in my performance in failing to win that I honestly couldn't care less about whether I am renowned as a good sport or not.

I wouldn't be disrespectful, but I wouldn't be helping them hang out the bunting either.

I would prefer to be thought of as a difficult man to beat and be respected and feared as such.

I expect nothing less from my team.

Have we become so used to losing that being seen as a good sport is our redemption.

Not too worry boys Hearts beat us 3-0 today but weren't we gracious with them afterwards?

If that is truly what we have become then we deserve everything we get, see David Gray's comments. Are we making it too easy or too respectable for them to lose.

Losing at something that matters should cut like a knife if it doesn't you shouldn't IMO be competing and if you do I guarantee you will be beaten like a drum in an even match up.

Gerard
14-03-2016, 09:52 PM
I couldn't care about being a good sport beyond shaking my opponents hand at the end of a match.

I compete to win and will do everything within the rules to do so.

If I don't I am so disappointed in my performance in failing to win that I honestly couldn't care less about whether I am renowned as a good sport or not.

I wouldn't be disrespectful, but I wouldn't be helping them hang out the bunting either.

I would prefer to be thought of as a difficult man to beat and be respected and feared as such.

I expect nothing less from my team.

Have we become so used to losing that being seen as a good sport is our redemption.

Not too worry boys Hearts beat us 3-0 today but weren't we gracious with them afterwards?

If that is truly what we have become then we deserve everything we get, see David Gray's comments. Are we making it too easy or too respectable for them to lose.

Losing at something that matters should cut like a knife if it doesn't you shouldn't IMO be competing and if you do I guarantee you will be beaten like a drum in an even match up.

In my opinion there is nothing to be gained by complaining that you were beaten by a team that did not deserve to win. It should make you more determined to beat them next time by having a greater desire to win. A greater hunger for success

BSEJVT
14-03-2016, 09:55 PM
In my opinion there is nothing to be gained by complaining that you were beaten by a team that did not deserve to win. It should make you more determined to beat them next time by having a greater desire to win. A greater hunger for success

I don't think I have?

But after the game is over I couldn't care who beat us, only that we were beaten.

I am also not keen to compound my misery by joining in their joy.

Gerard
14-03-2016, 10:10 PM
I don't think I have?

But after the game is over I couldn't care who beat us, only that we were beaten.

I am also not keen to compound my misery by joining in their joy.

Fair points but there are some people who have posted on this thread as such. Bty once you say well done you have no need to join in their joy.

Hi Heid Yin
14-03-2016, 10:11 PM
How can it possibly be patronising when we were actually BEATEN!. If we'd won and we'd congratulated them with something like "jolly bad luck old chaps. You were plucky little minnows!" That would be patronising. Like I say, THEY beat us!

BSEJVT
14-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Fair points but there are some people who have posted on this thread as such. Bty once you say well done you have no need to join in their joy.

I am so gutted when we are beaten I doubt I could get the words out.

Thecat23
14-03-2016, 10:21 PM
Mmm nah, I've no interest in congratulating them. Thought they were poor and they got 2 huge lucky breaks.

But each to their own and all that!

Lago
14-03-2016, 10:22 PM
What do you expect, we've lost to a team who had less than half the amount of shots on target that we did. We were the better the team and I will not be wishing county well on their win.

Second goalscorer for Ross County - Dick Turpin.
We weren't the better team, we lost 2-1 and frankly it should have been 3 - 1.

JimBHibees
14-03-2016, 10:27 PM

Clearly the better team but we gifted 2 goals move on.

Lago
14-03-2016, 10:28 PM
Clearly the better team but we gifted 2 goals move on.
I've moved on you need a reality check.

JimBHibees
14-03-2016, 10:29 PM
I've moved on you need a reality check.

You need to open your eyes every stat we were better bar the important one. We move onto the next game.

Thecat23
14-03-2016, 10:30 PM

😂😂

Lay off the drugs. Hibs were better first and second half. Even the commentary team thought it along with 99% of football fans watching.

Should have been 3-1!! That's a beauty.

Lago
14-03-2016, 10:30 PM
You need to open your eyes every stat we were better bar the important one. We move onto the next game.
Indeed we do and lets hope the important stat is favours us.

Lago
14-03-2016, 10:33 PM


Lay off the drugs. Hibs were better first and second half. Even the commentary team thought it along with 99% of football fans watching.

Should have been 3-1!! That's a beauty.
The ruled out goal was perfectly valid, our keeper sold it and got lucky with the refs decision. Even the commentry team thought that.

Paisley Hibby
14-03-2016, 10:33 PM

WTF is with this thread?

Its sickening, maybe as a club we have that loser mentality that Stubbs claimed to have eradicated?

Like it or not Rantic, the Gunts or Aberdeen would have ran straight over Ross County in a final.

We then applaud our team off. They lost, let us down again and sold the jerseys with two appalling goals you wouldn't want an under 11 team to lose.

Hibs were playing a team of nobodies, not Barcelona and the players and management needed to stand up and believe in themselves.

Whether Hibs were good , they weren't, or not our applauding them off just excuses another pish result.

Have our expectations sunk so low that what will become 3 years in the Championship, it excused by yet another major let down in a very winnable game?

We played one decent team en route to that final, so lets not get too starry eyed about the achievement.

Totally agree. Never seen better examples of the old cliche "show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser" than some of the cringy posts on this thread. And let's face it, it wasn't a decent club that beat us, it was ROSS ****ING COUNTY!!! Utterly embarrassing.

Thecat23
14-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Soon as you put an arm across a keepers chest it's a foul. The ref got it spot on no matter how soft it looked.

So please tell me how they were the better team? Just because they scored two goals doesn't mean they were better. They way on the back foot most of the game. We had chances ourselves so to say they played better and deserved to win 3-1 is bollocks.

We're all pissed off at the result but let's not make stuff up.

Lago
14-03-2016, 10:40 PM
Soon as you put an arm across a keepers chest it's a foul. The ref got it spot on no matter how soft it looked.

So please tell me how they were the better team? Just because they scored two goals doesn't mean they were better. They way on the back foot most of the game. We had chances ourselves so to say they played better and deserved to win 3-1 is bollocks.

We're all pissed off at the result but let's not make stuff up.
Not making stuff up, as I say commentry team were supprised ref blew for a foul on our keeper, we blew it yes we had many chances & didn't take them, they had 2 and took them end of story.

basehibby
14-03-2016, 10:43 PM

Celtic and Hearts are amongst our bitterest rivals - and I'd be majorly surprised if anyone on here was alive when they won their first ever major trophy. But that's hardly the point - RC did not win by cheating or the by result of dubious refereeing decisions - we have no history of enmity between the two clubs, but still, many fans are chucking the toys oot the pram when someone decides to offer their congratulations - they're entitled to their own views I suppose but it lacks class in my eyes.

1875STEVE
14-03-2016, 10:51 PM
WTF is with this thread?

:top marks :top marks :top marks :top marks

basehibby
14-03-2016, 10:56 PM
WTF is with this thread?

Losing that game had **** all to do with acting in a sportsmanlike manner - either by the team on the park or the fans in the stand and you know it.

I understand that fans feel emotional in the aftermath of losing a final - we all do FFS! - and if that means that you want to head straight off home down the road then that's fine. But it gives noone an excuse for critisising other fans who choose to hang around and applaud either the Hibs team for their efforts, or Ross County for winning the damn thing. Spouting off like that just makes us look like a graceless bunch of fuds with no sense of sportsmanship.

And also - has it not occurred to you that a Hibs team just beaten in a final with a SC replay at Inverness coming 72 hours later could do with every ounce of encouragement they can get?!?

BSEJVT
14-03-2016, 11:25 PM
Losing that game had **** all to do with acting in a sportsmanlike manner - either by the team on the park or the fans in the stand and you know it.

I understand that fans feel emotional in the aftermath of losing a final - we all do FFS! - and if that means that you want to head straight off home down the road then that's fine. But it gives noone an excuse for critisising other fans who choose to hang around and applaud either the Hibs team for their efforts, or Ross County for winning the damn thing. Spouting off like that just makes us look like a graceless bunch of fuds with no sense of sportsmanship.

And also - has it not occurred to you that a Hibs team just beaten in a final with a SC replay at Inverness coming 72 hours later could do with every ounce of encouragement they can get?!?

To be honest I don't give a damn what you think.

I have made my views on this matter as clear as I care to on this and other threads.

I am sick of our losing winnable games.

We are a sports team in a results based business and maybe if we learned to hate losing a bit more it would happen less.

Maybe if we showed our hurt a bit more it would galvanise the team further to stop it happening again.

Heaven knows applauding them after the last few finals hasn't changed much.

IMO guys like you applauding the team excuse that failure and let David Gray think we enjoyed our day out. It's not the pictures or a meal out its a final where the only result that matters is winning.

I hated it, it left me miserable and empty in a sporting sense .

I have zero interest in who beat us only that we lost.

broondog
14-03-2016, 11:48 PM

this. they can **** off

ekhibee
15-03-2016, 12:44 AM
Most of the chances we had were ruined by poor finishing, Ross County took theirs. Even their disallowed goal was a perfectly good goal in my eyes. It wasn't a foul on Oxley as far as I was concerned. And probably our best player on the park, Bartley, should have been sent off. For a small town with a population of probably about 5k or so it's a monumental achievement and I've not got any problem with congratulating them, but at the same time I'm not going out of my way to do so. There's no point whatsoever in banging on about how we were the better team, 9 times out of ten in derby games we are the better team and we still get beaten regularly in them. We can't blame it all on poor refereeing decisions either. If we'd taken our chances we probably would have won the game quite comfortably but we didn't. McIntyre did his homework, Stubbs, judging by his apparent inability to change tactics and odd substitutions, clearly didn't.

monktonharp
15-03-2016, 02:35 AM
Most of the chances we had were ruined by poor finishing, Ross County took theirs. Even their disallowed goal was a perfectly good goal in my eyes. It wasn't a foul on Oxley as far as I was concerned. And probably our best player on the park, Bartley, should have been sent off. For a small town with a population of probably about 5k or so it's a monumental achievement and I've not got any problem with congratulating them, but at the same time I'm not going out of my way to do so. There's no point whatsoever in banging on about how we were the better team, 9 times out of ten in derby games we are the better team and we still get beaten regularly in them. We can't blame it all on poor refereeing decisions either. If we'd taken our chances we probably would have won the game quite comfortably but we didn't. McIntyre did his homework, Stubbs, judging by his apparent inability to change tactics and odd substitutions, clearly didn't.Sorry, cant agree with you and leave this as the last post!. the last 5 derby games, we have not lost. the 22 in a row? how many did they actually win? the amount of times in recent years our derby neighbours have been given victory when we had scored particulary perfect goals? or are you forgetting them/ and finally....the recent cup final loss...... It was a foul on our goalie, the incident with Bartley was initially started by their player and ours could have had a worse decision due to that, we gave them a goal of a start with an unbelievable mistake by Thompson, they had a couple of other breakaway chances in the match and got o goal from one to finish us despite a few chances from us in the first half and several half chances coupled with the fantastic attempt from Fontaine at the death. we played the football, they won the cup. It brought back memories of their manager doing what he did in a cup semi replay, all those years ago.

Thecat23
15-03-2016, 06:13 AM
Not making stuff up, as I say commentry team were supprised ref blew for a foul on our keeper, we blew it yes we had many chances & didn't take them, they had 2 and took them end of story.

You are though. You said Hibs weren't the better team when the clearly were. County took their 2 chances but they were no where near us for most of the game.

Oh and even the commentators said it!!

Lago
15-03-2016, 12:26 PM
You are though. You said Hibs weren't the better team when the clearly were. County took their 2 chances but they were no where near us for most of the game.

Oh and even the commentators said it!!
You have your opinion and I have mine, I was never as confident as some that Hibs would win this game, why, because having watched them over the course of the season they just don't have a killer instinct and are a too one system team I.e the ◆
Can I asure you I am as disappointed as the next Hibs fan, but for my sins I've seen it all before from the 1979 3 game final against rangers, when Hibs were denied a stone wall penalty & Duncan score og to McCoist coming off bench to win it with an over head kick, first game back from broken leg at Parkhead final. 2001 failure against Celtic, 1974 failure against Livi of all teams, failed against Dundee Utd again at Hampden. How ever 2 bright moments, 1991 fabulous day & 2007 nearly as good. Obviously tthese are a mix of League & Scottish Cup games.

Bad Martini
15-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Well done Ross County for what? Turning up, getting some dubious decisions, playing absolutely **** all fitba, attempting not to lose the game and ultimately benefiting from OUR own stupidity?

I conceed they won the game. Thats where it starts and ends.

They done **** all but score. This said, we didnt do that simple thing.

I dont see that as a great feather in their cap....its a great big **** up by us.

ENDOF

Pete
15-03-2016, 03:06 PM
Don't mind county and if I could have hand picked another team apart from hibs to win a major trophy it would be them.

I'm not going to congratulate them on here though for two reasons.
1. There are too many people who might get, wait for it...offended.
2. Nobody from county will be reading this.