PDA

View Full Version : Sick of this

Captain Trips
13-03-2016, 04:34 PM
Possession possession possession and he haww to show for it yet again. Time and time again get to the last 3rd and it's pussyfooting about passing it back and forth switching feet. Get it in the box ffs.

End of my tether with this carry on, been pissing about in front of goal all season. We let in 2 we should have scored 3 then. If your going to have possession at least make it count.

Andy74
13-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Possession possession possession and he haww to show for it yet again. Time and time again get to the last 3rd and it's pussyfooting about passing it back and forth switching feet. Get it in the box ffs.

End of my tether with this carry on, been pissing about in front of goal all season. We let in 2 we should have scored 3 then. If your going to have possession at least make it count.

Yep. No idea why so many seem quite happy to pat ourselves on the back today. It was very poor.

Jones28
13-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Dominated the match, throughly deserved to win and still didn't. They always let you down but I'll still be back.

Silky
13-03-2016, 04:41 PM

Maybe, then, this so called "Hibs way" is a load of baws. Maybe we should just be more direct and gie it a hoof. We cried out for a change of style for years. Stubbs came in changed the style and now it is also unsuitable. How should we play?

GreenArmyyy!
13-03-2016, 04:41 PM
Our inability to take chances has been the major problems in Stubbs's tenure. Absolutely dreadful.

heretoday
13-03-2016, 04:44 PM
Our inability to take chances has been the major problems in Stubbs's tenure. Absolutely dreadful.

Agree. Stokes and Cummings were hopeless today.

Pretty Boy
13-03-2016, 04:44 PM
Yep. No idea why so many seem quite happy to pat ourselves on the back today. It was very poor.

Absolutely.

We didn't play particularly badly but the same failings that have cost us for the best part of 2 seasons were evident again. All the sugar coating in the world doesn't change the fact we simply must get promoted or it will be a 3rd, at least, season in a row of utter failure.

davidw
13-03-2016, 04:53 PM

Well, yes, but alongside a basic inability to defend. The goals today were a joke. As was the one Oxley got away with.

mcfly
13-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Absolutely.

We didn't play particularly badly but the same failings that have cost us for the best part of 2 seasons were evident again. All the sugar coating in the world doesn't change the fact we simply must get promoted or it will be a 3rd, at least, season in a row of utter failure.

Totally agree

Goals win games and we don't score enough,

Stubbs took too long to change things and stokes/Cummings just doesn't work

Nutmegged
13-03-2016, 04:59 PM
Forwards were brutal today, Cummings was a man short and Stokes was just far to predictable

DaveF
13-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Its the same garbage as before. Stubbs is a dud and only promotion will kick start any sort of redemption.

KeithTheHibby
13-03-2016, 05:33 PM
The ruiners as they should affectionately be known as from now on.
Today was a new way to **** us over. Losing a cup final in the last minute.

zosohibee
13-03-2016, 05:37 PM
Not even gonna specify my complaints down, just losing on the big occasions again. You know were never going to win cups on the regular and so even if they're won in the future it makes up for nothing. Not gonna get on board with this 'Let's still be positive about the team' pish either, I'm happy if we get promotion but there's only so many times a team can ****ing let you down. I've stopped promising I won't be back cause I always am, just know we'll lose the next one and the next one and the next one.

Captain Trips
13-03-2016, 05:48 PM
I have no problem that RC got 2, they had 2/3 chances and took them, we fannied about in final 3rd and should have been creating 7/8 chances. Hibs blew it today and blew the League because of the inability to finish things of.

cabbageandribs1875
13-03-2016, 07:52 PM
stubbs 0 McIntyre 1...making a sub at 90+ 4 mins ? good one stubbsy even for you, ******* genius

familyman
13-03-2016, 08:02 PM

Well yet again lack of determination and concentration resulted in a shocker of a mid field pass for their first goal, and a pass across face of your own goal for goal number 2 (schoolboy error).

The continual poor decision making of Stokes and Cummings who do not work together was again evident....what is the point of shooting when you have almost no chance of scoring?..choose a better option e.g.pass!
We have come up short again and lack that cutting edge and concentration which has cost us so often recently... Stubbs has to get us promoted now or else we have another dismal season and play again against poor quality teams..also to end what is the point of last minute substitutions?
The team let us down.

Denverhibby
13-03-2016, 08:20 PM

That is what happens when you are a hibs supporter. They just like go bottle,it on big occasions. It's all part of being in the hibs family.

Pete
13-03-2016, 08:22 PM
That is what happens when you are a hibs supporter. They just like go bottle,it on big occasions. It's all part of being in the hibs family.

I don't know what hibs family you are part of but the team I watched today didn't bottle it.

It's just so lazy.

Jim44
13-03-2016, 08:42 PM
We complain about the penalties that Sevco and the Jambos get, but they get them because they have players who are willing to run at speed into the box. We don't do that. We fart about with tippy tippy passes and get nowhere. I can't remember who it was today but he picked up the ball inside their half on the left, had a good run towards goal and then, almost unchallenged, stopped a yard from the penalty box as if he wasn't allowed to cross the line. While I'm on a wee moan, I might as well raise the old chestnut of our ineptitude at throw ins. 9 times out of ten, when we get a throw in it's possession gifted to our opponents. Having said all that, I must say I'm not too disappointed with our performance today but I'm furious that we lost to such a useless mob.

...WentToMowAnSPL
13-03-2016, 08:44 PM

Why do we feel it's our responsibility to always drive forward dominate possession and lose bad goals on the break? Headless chickens sometimes ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

green day
13-03-2016, 08:53 PM

When was your last post before today?

high bee
13-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Maybe, then, this so called "Hibs way" is a load of baws. Maybe we should just be more direct and gie it a hoof. We cried out for a change of style for years. Stubbs came in changed the style and now it is also unsuitable. How should we play?

Personally I would like to see us put the ball in the box when we have the chance, so many times today we had the ball in a great position and 5 yards from the defender and rather than cross we take an extra touch or two or go one way then cut back and by the time we try to cross it we are closed down or tackled. We spent so much time near their box without actually putting the ball into it.

Sammy7nil
13-03-2016, 09:08 PM
Why do we feel it's our responsibility to always drive forward dominate possession and lose bad goals on the break? Headless chickens sometimes ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be so exposed on the break for the winner in the 90th min was a shocker we had to just see it out and win in ET I never at any point thought they looked capable of scoring a second

emerald green
13-03-2016, 09:24 PM
To be so exposed on the break for the winner in the 90th min was a shocker we had to just see it out and win in ET I never at any point thought they looked capable of scoring a second

:agree: I said practically the same on the way back from the game. Just criminally naive, especially in a cup final.

Hibs just seem to find new ways of messing with your head. To chuck it away, in that manner, in the last minute FFS.

JJP
13-03-2016, 09:29 PM
I am totally shattered and gutted after today. I'll be back for more though. It's what I do. Better to fall at the final hurdle than be like our neighbours who don't have to worry about losing too many finals as they are usually nowhere near them.

Captain Trips
13-03-2016, 09:38 PM
I.ll take losing today if it was one of those rare occasions you have more ball and chances but lose, however it's all to bloody common down Easter Road and I was kind of hoping the wee break might have helped. It seems not.

13-03-2016, 09:40 PM

Don't subscribe to the "Hibs Way" mentality. Yes I like watching passing, fast flowing football but that doesn't win everytime. Managers need a Plan B or Plan C, when Plan A doesn't work. We seem to think we can just keep passing until we eventually score. Stubbs needs to work on different styles and formations that means we can keep one step ahead of the opposition as oppose to the opposition like today knowing exactly what our game plan was. We've become too predictable and teams are set up to stop us playing.

gaz1875
13-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Personally I would like to see us put the ball in the box when we have the chance, so many times today we had the ball in a great position and 5 yards from the defender and rather than cross we take an extra touch or two or go one way then cut back and by the time we try to cross it we are closed down or tackled. We spent so much time near their box without actually putting the ball into it.

The trouble with getting the ball into the box quicker is the strikers are never in the box, far to often they come out the box because the build up play is so slow, we need to get more direct and quicker with it.

Captain Trips
13-03-2016, 09:50 PM
On 2 or 3 occasions today Bartley passed out wide and was bursting gut for return pass that was totally ignored. IMO Bartley was the right pass add this to the lack of crossing early or just not crossing it pisses me right off. Not a bottle issue an issue of choices and over doing it.

high bee
13-03-2016, 09:52 PM
The trouble with getting the ball into the box quicker is the strikers are never in the box, far to often they come out the box because the build up play is so slow, we need to get more direct and quicker with it.

Agree, a lot of the times we find Cummings and Stokes leaving the box to collect the ball from deep because it's not getting delivered. Today we had loads of bodies in the box on a few occasions with us in possession on the wing/edge of the box and we took too long to get the ball in which meant we lost it before a chance could be created.

For all the possession and play we could've created so much more if we had done the simple things well, it did feel like some of the stuff we did was more suited to a team that was 2-0 up.

gaz1875
13-03-2016, 09:58 PM
Agree, a lot of the times we find Cummings and Stokes leaving the box to collect the ball from deep because it's not getting delivered. Today we had loads of bodies in the box on a few occasions with us in possession on the wing/edge of the box and we took too long to get the ball in which meant we lost it before a chance could be created.

For all the possession and play we could've created so much more if we had done the simple things well, it did feel like some of the stuff we did was more suited to a team that was 2-0 up.

Unfortunately it's been happening all season :rolleyes:

Green&White
13-03-2016, 10:18 PM
Spot on! As much as I like henderson he's bad for the edge of the box cut back, then back again then sometimes again. And by the time he's found space to get it in again the opposition defence is back and set waiting ready to mop it up.
It's great have possession but if I'm a defender against hibs after a few times of holding the ball up for an age I'm just gna stand get set and not be too worried about having to be quick to the tackle. It's predictable and like you say slow and indirect.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

neil7908
13-03-2016, 10:24 PM

Spot on. There was one time today Stokes was almost back at the half way line when we were attacking trying to get a pass. I didn't think either striker were great today and they definitely don't seem to be able to play together but they aren't getting much service at the moment. Yes we missed chances today but not exactly open goals

Captain Trips
13-03-2016, 10:26 PM
Saw stats there 57% possession 8 shots on target they had 3, 9 corners we had they managed 2. Now where have we seen these sort of stats before? Why oh why Stubbs is this the story yet again?

gaz1875
13-03-2016, 10:39 PM
Spot on. There was one time today Stokes was almost back at the half way line when we were attacking trying to get a pass. I didn't think either striker were great today and they definitely don't seem to be able to play together but they aren't getting much service at the moment. Yes we missed chances today but not exactly open goals

There should be no reason for them to drop so deep, Leigh Griffiths plays on the shoulder of the last defender it keeps the game stretched and frees up the space for the attacking midfielder's. The only player we have that can do that is Boyle, but he doesn't score enough of the chances he creates.

Mikey09
13-03-2016, 11:23 PM
Its the same garbage as before. Stubbs is a dud and only promotion will kick start any sort of redemption.

My one and only post tonight. What utter, utter drivel.
Also to the complete welt standing behind me in section C5 abusing Stokes from the first whistle to the last, why come along if you're intent on whinging the entire game spoiling it for others. Absolute tit.

Goodnight.

Dunbar Hibee
14-03-2016, 03:07 AM
stubbs 0 McIntyre 1...making a sub at 90+ 4 mins ? good one stubbsy even for you, ******* genius

Oh shut the **** up.

BSEJVT
14-03-2016, 03:32 AM

The problem with putting the ball in the box aimlessly, the same as it was it with our increased use of hoofball today in bits is we have no-one capable of winning those balls, that is, zero physical presence upfront.

Like it or not, Hibs are very easy to play against, stifle McGinn & Henderson and push up on our full backs and we create nothing.

Ross County did that perfectly for the most part. Anything we did create came on the odd occasion one of those players escaped.

Over the piece Stubbs has done well, but his inability to change games or deviate from our preferred pattern of play has and is costing us big time.

In mitigation though, there cant be a team in the land as unlucky as us with injuries, not having McGeough, Fyvie & Carmichael available meant we had zero midfield options, I would class Boyle a forward, but agree he could have been that option. This is further illustrated by the utter folly of having Handling who hasn't played this season on the bench.

Our U 21's must be really bad if not one of their midfielders or defenders (either Gray or Stevenson could have pushed on) were deemed a better choice than what must have been a woefully unprepared Handling.

Libby Hibby
14-03-2016, 05:04 AM
I don't know what hibs family you are part of but the team I watched today didn't bottle it.

It's just so lazy.

Quite ironic that you mention bottle on a weekend that so Dundee v Hearts at Dens

andyf5
14-03-2016, 05:24 AM
Don't subscribe to the "Hibs Way" mentality. Yes I like watching passing, fast flowing football but that doesn't win everytime. Managers need a Plan B or Plan C, when Plan A doesn't work. We seem to think we can just keep passing until we eventually score. Stubbs needs to work on different styles and formations that means we can keep one step ahead of the opposition as oppose to the opposition like today knowing exactly what our game plan was. We've become too predictable and teams are set up to stop us playing.

I agree. We have lost 4 out the last 5 games and had a draw. Morton have beat us 3-0 at home. It can' t be bad luck not to win 5 games in a row. Games aren't decided on possession and corner statistics. It's the managers job to find a solution.

Schteff
14-03-2016, 06:17 AM
We've been unable to beat Morton, Dumbarton, QOTS, ICT & Ross County in our last 5 games.

Should never ever be the case at a club our size, especially losing 4/5 against these piddly wee teams

Green&White
14-03-2016, 07:30 AM
My one and only post tonight. What utter, utter drivel.
Also to the complete welt standing behind me in section C5 abusing Stokes from the first whistle to the last, why come along if you're intent on whinging the entire game spoiling it for others. Absolute tit.

Goodnight.
I had some tit do the same re stokes also. He even shouted 'F off stokes' as he stood with mcginn over a free kick. I deliberately shouted 'well done stokesy' everytime he got the ball. Idiots.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

LustForLeith
14-03-2016, 07:39 AM
Agree. Stokes and Cummings were hopeless today.

I might be wrong but it's like they don't get on. Maybe two egos too many? So disappointing. Both have talent and goals yet both seem to be able to play together.

Stokes is like a luxury, too much fancy stuff as if he's playing football with his mates on a beach.

hibee_girl
14-03-2016, 07:58 AM
I might be wrong but it's like they don't get on. Maybe two egos too many? So disappointing. Both have talent and goals yet both seem to be able to play together.

Stokes is like a luxury, too much fancy stuff as if he's playing football with his mates on a beach.

I think they do get on, there are pictures on Cummings Instagram etc of them out together, they're always joking about with each other during warm ups etc.

Jim44
14-03-2016, 08:11 AM
I think they do get on, there are pictures on Cummings Instagram etc of them out together, they're always joking about with each other during warm ups etc.

There's a difference between getting on in a Jack the lad, faffing around sense and getting on in a footballing gelling combination sense.

Edson Arantes
14-03-2016, 12:34 PM

You at it?

chrisski33
14-03-2016, 01:01 PM

The hibs way and hibs class is now laugable for me it equals a failure to win when it matters. I love hibs but the current hibs way and class thing is not the way i want hibs to be. Tbh i think we will still get promoted and the disappointment about the cup will disappear

DTS
14-03-2016, 01:08 PM
There's a difference between getting on in a Jack the lad, faffing around sense and getting on in a footballing gelling combination sense.

Agree with this, me and one of my best friends played in the same team albeit junior level for 6 months last season despite getting on well when it came to drills in training and in games we struggled to actually link up well and manage to string some passes together. Now I know that's a total different level from Cummings and stokes but I feel they're movement is far too similar they both enjoy coming deep for the ball and linking up often both going short leaving nobody in the box for the midfield to play too after they've offloaded the ball

goosefat
14-03-2016, 01:46 PM
Seems to me like, for a couple of seasons now, we've been in the business of slow considered possession and many other teams are in the business of simply taking chances and putting games to bed.

Granted, possession does help control the game (which we do a lot of) but unless we find a way of being ruthless and clinical instead of looking pretty, tapping it back and forth in midfield then we're always going to be one step behind some other clubs. You don't have to be one or the other - you can control games and also be clinical up front.

Comedy defending and slapstick goalkeeping seems to be creeping back in to our play, which doesn't help either.

HappyHanlon
14-03-2016, 02:40 PM
Keep the flicks and tricks for when we're winning. Couple of players trying them and it rarely came off.

Also need to stop trying to walk the ball into the net. Frustratiing doesn't cover it. Just bloody hit the damn thing.

Stokes and Cummings doesn't work. So why keep persisting? Should never have let Malonga go. He had a superb partnership with JC. People will mention his scoring record as not being that great but he had a lot more in his locker. Similar to when Brewster aided the development of GOC. Cummings has looked a shadow of his former self since Dom left!

Northern Hibby
14-03-2016, 02:45 PM

Both ways, it's called having a plan B

mmmmhibby
14-03-2016, 02:48 PM
When playing a possession based style, players need to be confident with the ball, we seem to have a few who look scared on the ball at times.

emerald green
14-03-2016, 02:54 PM

It is not "also unsuitable". That's not the point. What teams, and coaches, must be able to do is to adapt and change their style of play, and tactics, to suit different situations and opponents.

Like RC did yesterday, and they are far from being what I would class as a good team.

Man Down Under
14-03-2016, 03:12 PM
Although I kind of agree with this, you can't get to a cup final without taking your chances.
We knocked out a lot of premiership teams to get to where we are. Out of hundreds of minutes of good football, we got beat in the last 300 seconds. It's frustrating as hell, but it's nothing to be ashamed of.
I don't know the answer, and you won't find it on an Internet forum because we are one of the biggest enigmas of Scottish football.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

portycabbage
14-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Keep the flicks and tricks for when we're winning. Couple of players trying them and it rarely came off.

Also need to stop trying to walk the ball into the net. Frustratiing doesn't cover it. Just bloody hit the damn thing.

Stokes and Cummings doesn't work. So why keep persisting? Should never have let Malonga go. He had a superb partnership with JC. People will mention his scoring record as not being that great but he had a lot more in his locker. Similar to when Brewster aided the development of GOC. Cummings has looked a shadow of his former self since Dom left!

Agree with pretty much all of this (particularly about Brewster!). Re the bit in bold, would point out Malonga had 22 goals in 42 starts (and 12 sub appearances).

cabbageandribs1875
14-03-2016, 04:59 PM
Oh shut the **** up.

do one keyboard warrior :aok:

IWasThere2016
14-03-2016, 05:09 PM
The best team lost but that is likely to happen if you don't score!

Disappointing and frustrating .. Hibs as always

Captain Trips
14-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Frustrating is my emotion, frustrated that this is pretty much as you where for Hibs this term. It is like there is some sort of forcefield at the 18yd box and we cant thrust forward with much conviction. If you are having difficulty breaking down a team you have to change it. For all the corners possesion shots on target one goal would tell me ach its just one of those days, unfortunatlay this problem is far from isolated.

As time went on I just had that feeling they were going to be presented with a good chance and I hoped they would miss it, the chance presented was better than good for them.

On paper I would also have 100% signed Stokes however by now he would have been dropped.

Ronniekirk
14-03-2016, 06:18 PM

Yep he is missing this http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160314/ffefdae390560080da7f379af9537a8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk