PDA

View Full Version : We'll support you evermore

ScottM1875
13-03-2016, 05:19 PM
I love hibs. Well done to everyone that clapped the team off, they gave their all out there.

Islington Hibs
13-03-2016, 05:28 PM
I love hibs. Well done to everyone that clapped the team off, they gave their all out there.

I agree. Couldn't be there today as had to go to a wedding. The contrast between the real supporters who were at the game clapping at the end for a decent performance and some extraordinary knee-jerk figure pointing on this forum is stark. As gutted as everyone else we did not win but we played well and a couple of silly mistakes cost us dear. We did not deserve to lose that, but even if we had some of these comments are really sad.

Craig_in_Prague
13-03-2016, 05:29 PM

Best team lost.. wasn't to be.
Fancied 3.5.2 and still think it would've won it.

GGTTH

CraigHibee
13-03-2016, 05:33 PM
We should have, could have but we never. It was dissapointing but I'll support them through thick and thin

Hibs til I die

GreenArmyyy!
13-03-2016, 05:40 PM
Not interested. They have done it to us AGAIN. We have to be the worst club in the world to support. Honest to God I don't know how we do it.

GGTTH07
13-03-2016, 05:42 PM
How can you possibly clap them off after that?!

Pretty Boy
13-03-2016, 05:46 PM
How can you possibly clap them off after that?!

I clapped the team off for their efforts in getting to the final, I'll be in Inverness on Wednesday night and I'll be there next season regardless of division but I'm not going to pretend our current performances and position are anywhere near good enough.

There's a lot of criticism coming the way of Stubbs and his team and a hell of a lot of it is deserved.

Dibben
13-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Disappointing! Still, Season tickets more next season will be purchased this week!

CMac1988
13-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Look I was there. Season ticket holder and all the other guff that goes along with acting the elite supporter.

That team have yet again let the supporters down. I had an argument with a guy on the way out who was giving everyone a hard time if they weren't clapping and showing there 'appreciation'.

Give it up. Let people deal with it in their own way. I never had an issue with him or anyone else clapping but to each their own. Stop playing this uber fan pish.

ChicoM1875
13-03-2016, 05:53 PM
Still a Hibee forever! Played well today, but unlucky.

judas
13-03-2016, 05:54 PM

I agree with you.

I feel no shame. Onward we march.

BSEJVT
13-03-2016, 06:00 PM
I am sorry but it's just not good enough.

We lose if we are the best team, but never win when we are the worst.

We find different ways to shoot ourselves in the foot, that other teams can't imagine.

Decent first half, awful second

Don't take chances and can't defend.

Season fell apart with dealings in transfer window

Ronniekirk
13-03-2016, 06:11 PM
Not interested. They have done it to us AGAIN. We have to be the worst club in the world to support. Honest to God I don't know how we do it.

Cant wait for the next pod cast Green grin Am as pissed off as any fan Couldn't change teams but they have a lot of making up to do
Of the gus on your pod cast were right our season is up **** creek now
Shouldn't of lost game but we did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicho87
13-03-2016, 06:41 PM
Happy clappers

Boyle89
13-03-2016, 07:27 PM
I really fear that this might well be the last straw for some people. Let down on a big day again. Only so much people can take. Just seems like a never ending cycle with hibs. Never seem to get over the line.

Steve20
13-03-2016, 08:24 PM
Clapping a team losing a cup final after another poor performance (we really have slipped if people are calling that a good performance).

Loser mentality is still running right through this club. They won't appreciate the support clapping them off. They'll just to and embarrass us in the playoffs.

I'll no doubt get called a Jambo again by people who can't see through another Stubbs failure when it really matters.

Hibernia&Alba
13-03-2016, 08:30 PM
I'll calm doon over the next couple of days, and of course I'll still support the club, but right now I'm very angry at Hibs letting us doon yet again. Almost all the stadium was in green and white, but it was the same old story. It's hard work, it really is.

HibsNutter
13-03-2016, 08:31 PM
Clapping a team losing a cup final after another poor performance (we really have slipped if people are calling that a good performance).

Loser mentality is still running right through this club. They won't appreciate the support clapping them off. They'll just to and embarrass us in the playoffs.

I'll no doubt get called a Jambo again by people who can't see through another Stubbs failure when it really matters.

Jesus christ, 'loser mentality'. Fan culture is shocking in this country. We are supporters of this club and we got behind the team, they lost but there was no lack of fight and desire. That's the reason they were applauded at the end. The reaction of the players, who looked absolutely devastated, shows how much they wanted to win that. Nothing bad will ever come from supporting your team.

SlickShoes
13-03-2016, 08:31 PM
I clapped the team off for their efforts in getting to the final, I'll be in Inverness on Wednesday night and I'll be there next season regardless of division but I'm not going to pretend our current performances and position are anywhere near good enough.

There's a lot of criticism coming the way of Stubbs and his team and a hell of a lot of it is deserved.

I agree with this but didn't clap the team off at the end, losing that goal so late was too much for me.

I'll also surely be at more games but these big games kicking you in the balls every time just get harder and harder to take, it's been a really dire time the last 7 years.

1875STEVE
13-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Ive always been a Hibee and I will always be a Hibee, and il never stop going, and il be therehoping we get promted, and il be there for the Scottish Cup etc but....

Standing clapping that???

No thanks, stood there many times clapping the "gallant losers" and I'm sick of it.

Every other team in Scotland must wish they could get us in cup finals.

I feel like greetin.

S4uzee
13-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Ive always been a Hibee and I will always be a Hibee, and il never stop going, and il be therehoping we get promted, and il be there for the Scottish Cup etc but....

Standing clapping that???

No thanks, stood there many times clapping the "gallant losers" and I'm sick of it.

Every other team in Scotland must wish they could get us in cup finals.

I feel like greetin.
Couldn't have put it better. Clapping then chanting hibees after getting beat in yet another final is embarrassing.

I thought Stubbs was maybe the guy to change this mentality but doesn't seem to be

cleanyman
13-03-2016, 08:48 PM
First time I've left bang on the whistle at a Hibs game never mind a final

Tough one to take.

Baldy Foghorn
13-03-2016, 08:50 PM
Couldn't have put it better. Clapping then chanting hibees after getting beat in yet another final is embarrassing.

I thought Stubbs was maybe the guy to change this mentality but doesn't seem to be

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that is what Supporter's are meant to do....Silly me, should have boo'd, invaded pitch and punched the team instead.......Jesus wept....

Baldy Foghorn
13-03-2016, 08:51 PM

At least you get to moan and slate the Club again:rolleyes:

kaimendhibs
13-03-2016, 08:52 PM
REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that is what Supporter's are meant to do....Silly me, should have boo'd, invaded pitch and punched the team instead.......Jesus wept....

1875STEVE
13-03-2016, 09:00 PM

I wouldn't say it's embarrassing, each to their own I say, but it's happened once too often for me. As soon as the whistle went I was off, mind you I was 3rd row from back, so out quickly, never heard the Hibees chant.

The supporters were excellent today as usual, I'm just gutted that so many Hibees turned up again to be booted in the baws.

Hibee_Craig7062
13-03-2016, 09:04 PM
REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This BF....unreal the reaction from some on here.

S4uzee
13-03-2016, 09:09 PM
REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never said do what you mentioned but I personally couldn't bring myself to clap them after letting the fans down AGAIN. All IMO of course

Craig_in_Prague
13-03-2016, 09:12 PM
Cost me a fortune to get back, it didn't happen, but its one of the better performances and better teams we've had. 3.5.2 would've won it I'm convinced. But Stubbs has breathed life and respect into the club, to the point I and others have the Hibee loving back. .and actually it means a lot. GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
13-03-2016, 09:13 PM
I never said do what you mentioned but I personally couldn't bring myself to clap them after letting the fans down AGAIN. All IMO of course

You said clapping them after losing was embarrassing........Let me down, nope, just didn't take our chances......

S4uzee
13-03-2016, 09:18 PM
You said clapping them after losing was embarrassing........Let me down, nope, just didn't take our chances......

Yes I do think that and singing. It's like celebrating yet another failure.

Credit to you for seeing the positives but I can't see any

et_hibby
13-03-2016, 09:37 PM

Well done you. It was a great cup run and fell at the final hurdle. A couple of things would be altered if we could wind back the clock 7 hours but we can't.

13-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Absolutely gutted, the best team lost today which makes its all the harder to take. I love my club though and i'll be there to cheer them on for the rest of the season.

Gatecrasher
13-03-2016, 09:53 PM
I understand the sentiment of this kind of thing and I would never berate anyone for doing it but I personally am pissed off going to hampden only for it to end in the same old predicable fashion. The team need to show more than they did today.

SneakersO'Toole
13-03-2016, 09:59 PM
I understand the sentiment of this kind of thing and I would never berate anyone for doing it but I personally am pissed off going to hampden only for it to end in the same old predicable fashion. The team need to show more than they did today.

Yip. Each to their own but we achieved nothing today apart from proving Scottish football right once again that we truly are the masters of our own downfall.

Depressing.

Johnny Clash
13-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Just leaving Glasgow now. We were by far the better team today but lost to a team who pumped Celtic 3-1in the semi. It's a sare yin but thems the breaks.

Gutted but you just gotta take it in on the chin!

We live to fight another day!

MWHIBBIES
13-03-2016, 10:12 PM

I thought Stubbs was maybe the guy to change this mentality but doesn't seem to beSo is turning on the team, fud.

monktonharp
13-03-2016, 10:15 PM
Jesus christ, 'loser mentality'. Fan culture is shocking in this country. We are supporters of this club and we got behind the team, they lost but there was no lack of fight and desire. That's the reason they were applauded at the end. The reaction of the players, who looked absolutely devastated, shows how much they wanted to win that. Nothing bad will ever come from supporting your team.best post yet. I came straight home and Sunday is my pub day. could not face a night in jail for smacking some smart arse jambo. seriously though, I am in deep depression as to how it ended. cwe were the better team. we lost and it's happened again at Hampden. I had flashbacks of the last time we were there v Falkirk. I will need to think hard, to go back to Hampden. said a couple of times,that's my last. this one might make my mind up. still be at ER next season though.

S4uzee
13-03-2016, 10:16 PM
So is turning on the team, fud.

I didn't turn on them or boo as suggested. I can't see why they would get praise for getting beat from Ross county in a final, big man

MWHIBBIES
13-03-2016, 10:22 PM
I didn't turn on them or boo as suggested. I can't see why they would get praise for getting beat from Ross county in a final, big manThe opposition and occasion is irrelevant, I'll always applaud Hibernian if I feel like they have given their best.

S4uzee
13-03-2016, 10:28 PM
The opposition and occasion is irrelevant, I'll always applaud Hibernian if I feel like they have given their best.

I personally thought they could've done better but that's opinions

TrinityHibs
13-03-2016, 10:32 PM
REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said bald fella. You sometimes wonder if some posters actually really want Hibs to be successful

Jones28
13-03-2016, 10:33 PM
I am sorry but it's just not good enough.

We lose if we are the best team, but never win when we are the worst.

We find different ways to shoot ourselves in the foot, that other teams can't imagine.

Decent first half, awful second

Don't take chances and can't defend.

Season fell apart with dealings in transfer window

Dealings that nobody at the time was pissed off at though? Stokes for Malonga? Everyone would've taken that

Jones28
13-03-2016, 10:35 PM
I enjoyed today despite the result, I'll do this again till my dying day. GGTTH

JJP
13-03-2016, 10:48 PM
I applauded the team off as despite my disappointment I felt the players put a great deal of effort into the game. I'm not even slightly embarrassed by my actions as its what supporters do. In my opinion, a real losers mentality is being unable to handle set backs and to cling desperately to the failings of the past and to bring them up after every current or future let down that we will inevitably suffer.

Pete
13-03-2016, 10:49 PM
In my opinion, a real losers mentality is being unable to handle set backs and to cling desperately to the failings of the past and to bring them up after every current or future let down that we will inevitably suffer.

Totally agree. :agree:

Bishop Hibee
13-03-2016, 10:54 PM
I will support them ever more. Eldest son at the match and the middle listening online in the middle of the night in Oz.

Doesn't mean I'll ever except second best.

Hibs fans are the best !

Iain G
13-03-2016, 11:05 PM
Dealings that nobody at the time was pissed off at though? Stokes for Malonga? Everyone would've taken that

Not quite been the deal we all hoped for though has it...

stoneyburn hibs
13-03-2016, 11:10 PM
Clapped them off at full-time, didn't get the result but at the very least we got effort. It's bloody hard being a Hibs fan.

truehibernian
13-03-2016, 11:15 PM
I enjoyed today despite the result, I'll do this again till my dying day. GGTTH

Exactly - good post.

It's an emotional roller coaster football but I wouldn't have it any other way. The cup run was great, but the disappointment today will be forgotten if we win on Wednesday and venture to Hampden again v a team we've already beaten.

Let's beat ICT !

Jones28
13-03-2016, 11:18 PM
Not quite been the deal we all hoped for though has it...

Would you have turned it down at the time?

Nobody has a crystal ball that predicts the fortunes of signings, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Mikeystewart
13-03-2016, 11:25 PM
I really fear that this might well be the last straw for some people. Let down on a big day again. Only so much people can take. Just seems like a never ending cycle with hibs. Never seem to get over the line.

The straws exist only inside people's minds. The game of football is wonderful and match like this happens.

If people "expect" hibs to win these thing then they are only in for a rough time because no team has a Devine right to win.

I'm happy for the underdog to win every now and then it's what makes the sport interesting. Loosing a final to a weaker team is gash but all along this run I have been delighted with the character against the 3 SPL teams we put out.

Having a checklist of goals you expect from any team is silly because as a fan there is no direct way to effect it. Other than turning up and giving your full support. People need to learn that hoping to win a game Is much more productive than expecting to win.

Criswell
14-03-2016, 12:08 AM
I'm not going to be too critical of the team today. The limitations of the team have been obvious all season; for all our possession we lack a cutting edge against teams who sit in and defend. Having said that that, we have had some brilliant results against top-tier sides; got to a final and knocked Hearts out of the SC. There is still a lot to play for this season so keep the faith!

lapsedhibee
14-03-2016, 05:27 AM
I applauded the team off as despite my disappointment I felt the players put a great deal of effort into the game. I'm not even slightly embarrassed by my actions as its what supporters do. In my opinion, a real losers mentality is being unable to handle set backs and to cling desperately to the failings of the past and to bring them up after every current or future let down that we will inevitably suffer.
:agree:

BSEJVT
14-03-2016, 08:20 AM

Not everyone, there were a few at the time of which I was one, who wouldn't have, but there are other examples .

Dagnall for Anier, who had just started to contribute.

Letting Forster go

Stanton out on loan, we had no fit midfielders yesterday on bench and our U21's are obviously not good enough yet.

Boyle for me is a forward, but happy to concede others may see different.

The_Horde
14-03-2016, 08:29 AM
The straws exist only inside people's minds. The game of football is wonderful and match like this happens.

If people "expect" hibs to win these thing then they are only in for a rough time because no team has a Devine right to win.

I'm happy for the underdog to win every now and then it's what makes the sport interesting. Loosing a final to a weaker team is gash but all along this run I have been delighted with the character against the 3 SPL teams we put out.

Having a checklist of goals you expect from any team is silly because as a fan there is no direct way to effect it. Other than turning up and giving your full support. People need to learn that hoping to win a game Is much more productive than expecting to win.

We're the underdogs in this situation. No matter how many of the prem teams we've beaten on the way. We're still a team playing our regular football in the league below.

hibeerealist
14-03-2016, 03:18 PM

Agree 100% mate!

MyJo
14-03-2016, 04:05 PM

Spot on.

90% of the players on that pitch put thier heart and soul into the game and made a massive effort to win it and IMO we were the better team and deserved to win that game. We were undone by two goals where the ball fell kindly for a county player to score. They only had 3 shots on goal in the entire game.

To say that players like Bartley, Gray, Henderson, McGinn, Fontaine and Stevenson dont deserve some applause for the effort they put in getting us to the final in the first place and for the performances they put in yesterday is ridiculous.

I, and my family, stayed and clapped the players and seen them get thier medals before leaving and it was clear to see that they were all as gutted as we were at having lost it.

DaveF
14-03-2016, 04:13 PM

I didn't stay. I don't feel any more or less a fan this morning than I did yesterday morning - I was simply shattered at my team finding another way to boot us squarely in the nads in a big game.

Delighted that you and others stayed on to give some applause - I'm sure the players appreciated it.

MWHIBBIES
14-03-2016, 04:16 PM
I didn't stay. I don't feel any more or less a fan this morning than I did yesterday morning - I was simply shattered at my team finding another way to boot us squarely in the nads in a big game.

Delighted that you and others stayed on to give some applause - I'm sure the players appreciated it.Pretty sure the team didn't lose to spite you.

DaveF
14-03-2016, 04:19 PM
Pretty sure the team didn't lose to spite you.

Aye, because that's what I said right enough :rolleyes:

zitelli62
14-03-2016, 04:24 PM
will support hibs till my dying day if i wanted to support a team that wins trophies every year i would support one of the bigot brothers but i dont i support the club i love and always will it just make it all the sweeter when we win a trophy and we will.
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

HibbyAndy
14-03-2016, 04:25 PM
My love for hibs grows every single day!

scooby
14-03-2016, 04:31 PM

I think the problem is that we haven't been taking our chances for most of this season, and it only takes a handful of shots on target to score against us.