PDA

View Full Version : defensive shape

Unseen work
13-03-2016, 05:18 PM
Absolutely shocking today

The amount of times county broke forward today and it was a one vs one with McGregor was ridiculous.

Fontaine was poor and never looks comfortable all game. Stevenson and gray left the centre half's horribly exposed

Why does it take Stubbs so long before making a sub?

Stokes was awful all game and should of been hooked very early on.

Cummings needs to improve his decision making drastically

Silky
13-03-2016, 05:43 PM
Absolutely shocking today

The amount of times county broke forward today and it was a one vs one with McGregor was ridiculous.

Fontaine was poor and never looks comfortable all game. Stevenson and gray left the centre half's horribly exposed

Why does it take Stubbs so long before making a sub?

Stokes was awful all game and should of been hooked very early on.

Cummings needs to improve his decision making drastically

I'd have hooked Cummings at half time. Was honking. Needs to improve on quite a lot imo.

hibee_girl
13-03-2016, 05:45 PM
Gray had next to no support today

The Tubs
13-03-2016, 05:58 PM
Of all the negative threads I've read since the full-time whistle, this is the only that I might agree with.

Not for want of trying, Fountaine's passing was poor for long periods. This limited our chances to build pressure. I also thought he left McGregor, who in general coped well, frequently exposed by pushing up too much.

Although, from what I could tell from the telly, this seemed a tactical decision and not poor positioning.

Dom'sFirstTouch
13-03-2016, 07:49 PM
Too much is expected of Stevenson and Gray. They can't provide our team's only width consistently and defend effectively all game. It's inevitable they'll get caught upfield at some point, and with Thomson, McGinn and Henderson all looking done in by about 55 mins no one was tracking back to help out. I would have preferred to play 3 centre backs but no guarantee it would have worked out any better.

lyonhibs
13-03-2016, 08:19 PM
McGregor's decision making for their winner was unreal. The ball is the danger, be should have pegged it out to the guy in space and aimed to hold him up/jockey him and trust Bartley et al would get back. To let him run unopposed until he was basically in our box was madness that was inevitably punished

sleeping giant
13-03-2016, 08:22 PM
McGregor's decision making for their winner was unreal. The ball is the danger, be should have pegged it out to the guy in space and aimed to hold him up/jockey him and trust Bartley et al would get back. To let him run unopposed until he was basically in our box was madness that was inevitably punished

Couldn't believe it either.
Terrible terrible decision making.
Shocking.

Conj
13-03-2016, 09:01 PM
The Alloa game was our best attacking performance in the last few weeks, not because fringe players were out to impress but because we had wingers providing the width instead of full backs.

familyman
13-03-2016, 09:09 PM
Fontaine sadly is no Paul Hanlon, he too often just passes the ball to whoever happens to be in that area, often not a Hibs player...too quick to act and often needs to look up first and check...
but cannot fault him for effort ...

coco22
13-03-2016, 09:13 PM
McGregor should have closed the ball down, Gray had been dragged out of position to cover and make a challenge (all from hazy memory). Still think McGregor was one of our best performers today - lots of good cover and calm on the ball paticularly in the first half. Fonts looked a bit rattled today

Sammy7nil
13-03-2016, 09:31 PM

100% agree he was my mom until that moment. You must close the space the ball is all important and he ran away from it

greenlex
13-03-2016, 10:26 PM
If we are to have any chance of winning on Wed Gunnerson needs to play in a three st the back. 3-5-1 the rest of the season please Alan Stubbs. We are much more comfortable pkaying that. Stokes and Cummings doesn't work either.

3pm
13-03-2016, 10:28 PM
If we are to have any chance of winning on Wed Gunnerson needs to play in a three st the back. 3-5-1 the rest of the season please Alan Stubbs. We are much more comfortable pkaying that. Stokes and Cummings doesn't work either.

3-5-1?

greenlex
13-03-2016, 10:35 PM
3-5-1?

3-5-2 obviously. Tired typo.🙂

Danderhall Hibs
13-03-2016, 10:39 PM

Agree - I think the 352 would be a better option.

Might allow stokes and Cummings to concentrate on being strikers rather than extra midfielders/linkmen as well.