PDA

View Full Version : Unlucky team, hopeless ref and Thomson is finished

madhatter
13-03-2016, 05:17 PM
Well played by whole team. Sadly we still lack something, one is energy in midfield at the moment as McGinn and Hendo look shattered. Thomson tried his hardest but can't last more than 60mins now.

Worried when I saw ref and I can see why. Ridiculous decision to give a foul to them when McGinn knocked the ball past Boyd and got blocked.

Better team by miles and no wonder County celebrated as they did - robbery still comes with a nice payoff. Just a shame that more often than not the ref seems in on it...

Unseen work
13-03-2016, 05:20 PM
There was nothing unlucky about us losing that.

Very poor performance

Lee Marvin
13-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Well played by whole team. Sadly we still lack something, one is energy in midfield at the moment as McGinn and Hendo look shattered. Thomson tried his hardest but can't last more than 60mins now.

Worried when I saw ref and I can see why. Ridiculous decision to give a foul to them when McGinn knocked the ball past Boyd and got blocked.

Better team by miles and no wonder County celebrated as they did - robbery still comes with a nice payoff. Just a shame that more often than not the ref seems in on it...

Utter tripe.

madhatter
13-03-2016, 05:24 PM

Very poor performance

We've got talented youngsters in Cummings, McGinn and Hendo but we rely too much on them. Jackson Irvine had McGinn in his pocket most of the game with the aid of the ref.

Don't think very poor performance does it justice...

The Tubs
I thought we played well and created many more changes than we had done in previous games.

To be truthful, I believe the coming games are much more important than today's.

ionahibby
Thomson should have never started well past it!

madhatter
Utter tripe.

Which part? Are you able to elaborate?

Unseen work
I thought we played well and created many more changes than we had done in previous games.

To be truthful, I believe the coming games are much more important than today's.

Don't think we created one decent chance

skipster7
13-03-2016, 05:25 PM
Utter tripe.

Thomson was the best player on the park v Inverness.

madhatter
13-03-2016, 05:27 PM

We weren't playing Inverness and he was finished after 60mins against today's opponents Ross county. He was braw 9 years ago as well, just a shame he was unable to run after 60mins today...

I'd like to add I still think be is a good footballer but his legs are clearly gone.

One Day Soon
13-03-2016, 05:27 PM

What game were you watching? Idiotic comment.

Unseen work
13-03-2016, 05:29 PM
What game were you watching? Idiotic comment.

Tell me a decent chance we had?

We were poor all game and struggled to break them down.

GreenArmyyy!
13-03-2016, 05:29 PM

Stop talking utter drivel.

Andy74
13-03-2016, 05:30 PM
We just don't look like scoring and we give goals away quite easily. Not good.

The Tubs

With regard to the 2nd half, you might have a point. However, in the first, Gray had two, while Stokes and Cummings had one a-piece.

Unseen work

Tell me a decent chance we created?

madhatter
13-03-2016, 05:32 PM

We don't support the front 2 well enough and eventually overcommit. Both of their goals came from us overcommitting. We don't have enough magic to break teams down. Hendo and McGinn is our only option on that front and they need a rest.

Lee Marvin

He is a not. I remember one, and stokes created that out of nothing. Hibs were gash today. Just a better level of gash than county

number9dream
Thomson is completely washed up. He can barely move and his sclaffed pass to give away the first goal was just criminal.
We were by far the better team in the first half but did next to nothing after the interval.
Bang average teams can just sit deep against us safe in the knowledge that we won't break them down with our painfully slow play.

Unseen work
With regard to the 2nd half, you might have a point. However, in the first, Gray had two, while Stokes and Cummings had one a-piece.

1st gray one he never even got a touch of the ball the keeper claimed it first
2nd gray is clutching at straws, the boy Irvine had a fantastic challenge
Cummings never even touched the ball for his "chance"
Stokes I'll give u as a half chance but awful finish

Boyle89
13-03-2016, 05:41 PM
It's the same story as the previous games. Don't score enough of our chances and the other team scores all of theirs. It's not good enough. Stubbs has to sort this out! To do it in a league game is bad enough but to do it in a cup final is quite frankly a joke! Sick of it!!

southern hibby
13-03-2016, 05:42 PM
Maybe I'll get slated and maybe rightfully so but my personal view is AS cannot or won't make substitutions and when he does like he did today there really is cause for concern.

County was running at us for the last 15 minutes every opertunity they had and to take of Bartley to bring on a striker to me was bafling.

Cannot, will not and shall not slate the team I love but at times I really believe AS does question my sanity.

For anyone wanting to disagree with me fine and that's your choice, but ask yourself this why are substitutions not happening when most fans seem to think they're needed.

GGTTH

Del Boy
13-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Stokes and Thomson have weakened us IMO.

Unseen work
13-03-2016, 05:46 PM
Maybe I'll get slated and maybe rightfully so but my personal view is AS cannot or won't make substitutions and when he does like he did today there really is cause for concern.

County was running at us for the last 15 minutes every opertunity they had and to take of Bartley to bring on a striker to me was bafling.

Cannot, will not and shall not slate the team I love but at times I really believe AS does question my sanity.

For anyone wanting to disagree with me fine and that's your choice, but ask yourself this why are substitutions not happening when most fans seem to think they're needed.

GGTTH

I was saying from about the 55th minute to hook stokes and Thomson. IMO Boyle would of caused them all sorts of problems with his pace.

El alagui would of been very useful for crossed balls

Turkish Green
13-03-2016, 05:47 PM

Very poor performance

To be honest, County had a perfectly good goal chopped off by a rather inconsistent ref. This should have been a warning sign to the defence but got ignored.

I am away for a sulk.

ScottB
13-03-2016, 05:47 PM

I'd tell Stokes just to stay in Glasgow.

Thegreenside
13-03-2016, 05:49 PM

This x1000 letting malonga go and getting stokes in has been a horrible bit business

number9dream
13-03-2016, 05:53 PM

Got to agree. No idea what the dynamic is like in the dressing room and not suggesting these are guys with a big time attitude undermining the others. I thought their experience would help, although the Thomson return did surprise me.
Quite simply, their performances have been below par. Thomson is washed up, he can barely move. All he contributes is the odd touch if the ball happens to roll by near where he's standing and some shouting at the referee.
Stokes has been a major disappointment. He just hasn't clicked for us at all.

truehibernian
13-03-2016, 05:58 PM
We don't support the front 2 well enough and eventually overcommit. Both of their goals came from us overcommitting. We don't have enough magic to break teams down. Hendo and McGinn is our only option on that front and they need a rest.

The balance has completely gone from the midfield area and the underuse of Boyle in particular is both baffling and frustrating.

Injuries are costing us big time, in particular Paul Hanlon who gives us composure at the back - McGregor and Fontaine are a weak partnership with Fontaine not having a great season for me (despite the goal).

Stubbs has created this however, by tinkering and 'resting' players - you don't rest a winning side especially a young side - they want to play. The team today should have been the team that played V ICT - 3-5-2 with Stokes and Keatings.

As for going to Spanish training camps - we play in Scotland, not Spain - I'm absolutely convinced we can find other pitches and establishments to train on. That was when I started to really question Stubbs - morale is fine in the camp, so what if it's sunny - it ain't sunny most days at 3pm in Mount Florida and sadly it ain't that sunny right now.

Well done Ross County though - great chairman, cracking rise to the top in such a short time and well played - like other sides recently they spotted our defensive frailties and punished us. Their chalked off goal was never a foul either so those claiming ref cost us - behave.

ICT game is going to be a really tough one for the players and fans to stomach now - I just hope Stubbs realises it's a game that will boost morale if we win and really go for it.

Fans were amazing today - they never ever let us down as much as the players do.

Schteff
13-03-2016, 06:01 PM

They definitely strengthed the squad, KT deserved to play today, not sure about Stokes, god knows how he stayed on for 90 mins

The Tubs
13-03-2016, 06:08 PM
1st gray one he never even got a touch of the ball the keeper claimed it first
2nd gray is clutching at straws, the boy Irvine had a fantastic challenge
Cummings never even touched the ball for his "chance"
Stokes I'll give u as a half chance but awful finish

Having TV replays helps me to say that Gray's header wasn't far off, the 2nd is close - despite Jackson's intervention - and Cummings improvised well for his chance, which he made contact with.

Nutmegged
13-03-2016, 06:08 PM
The Ref might have been rotten today but he missed at least one definite red card and a possible other and disallowed a decent enough goal, all in our favour, I know you're hurting, as we all are but to blame the Ref for it is just nonsense.

Stokesy's on fire
13-03-2016, 06:11 PM
Tell me a decent chance we created?

Loads of changes created they got lucky and survived them all

The Tubs
13-03-2016, 06:13 PM
The Ref might have been rotten today but he missed at least one definite red card and a possible other and disallowed a decent enough goal, all in our favour, I know you're hurting, as we all are but to blame the Ref for it is just nonsense.

The red card, aye; the offside, just off - though the defending for it was very poor.

Joe6-2
13-03-2016, 06:13 PM

Why aren't we taking the chances that come our way? Even a fraction of them!

rcarter1
13-03-2016, 06:32 PM
The balance has completely gone from the midfield area and the underuse of Boyle in particular is both baffling and frustrating.

Injuries are costing us big time, in particular Paul Hanlon who gives us composure at the back - McGregor and Fontaine are a weak partnership with Fontaine not having a great season for me (despite the goal).

Stubbs has created this however, by tinkering and 'resting' players - you don't rest a winning side especially a young side - they want to play. The team today should have been the team that played V ICT - 3-5-2 with Stokes and Keatings.

As for going to Spanish training camps - we play in Scotland, not Spain - I'm absolutely convinced we can find other pitches and establishments to train on. That was when I started to really question Stubbs - morale is fine in the camp, so what if it's sunny - it ain't sunny most days at 3pm in Mount Florida and sadly it ain't that sunny right now.

Well done Ross County though - great chairman, cracking rise to the top in such a short time and well played - like other sides recently they spotted our defensive frailties and punished us. Their chalked off goal was never a foul either so those claiming ref cost us - behave.

ICT game is going to be a really tough one for the players and fans to stomach now - I just hope Stubbs realises it's a game that will boost morale if we win and really go for it.

Fans were amazing today - they never ever let us down as much as the players do.

Im not sure that resting players is to blame here. We rested a bunch of players and won 3-0. Since then we have returned to our regulars and they have been getting the bad results. I think more than all of the other stuff, we simply don't create good chances for our strikers, and have few goals in the rest of the team. For the first part of the season, we were just getting away with it, with a large number of narrow wins.

Trainor
13-03-2016, 06:47 PM

Nowt to do with the ref!

Frazerbob
13-03-2016, 06:52 PM

KT was brought in as a squad player. Fyvie and Dylan being injured has meant he's played much more than even he could have hoped. MOTM against ICT so whilst I wouldn't have started him, I wasn't surprised he did.

jacomo
13-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Tell me a decent chance we had?

We were poor all game and struggled to break them down.

Stokes had 3 and scuffed them or hit straight at keeper.

Jase had one drive that their keeper tipped over for a corner.

Gray put in a great ball that Jase was 2 yards from poking in.

Fontaine scored.

McGregor headed well over after beating his man.

Just off the top of my head likes...

Danderhall Hibs
13-03-2016, 06:55 PM

Ball across the box from Gray for Cummings. Obviously their reserve keeper made 3 good saves as well.

Onceinawhile
13-03-2016, 06:56 PM

What red card??

One Day Soon
13-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Stokes had 3 and scuffed them or hit straight at keeper.

Jase had one drive that their keeper tipped over for a corner.

Gray put in a great ball that Jase was 2 yards from poking in.

Fontaine scored.

McGregor headed well over after beating his man.

Just off the top of my head likes...

And 'owned' is the expression here.

Stokesy's on fire
13-03-2016, 06:57 PM
The ref kept removing the pressure from
Ross county today he aided them so much ****ing bell end

Danderhall Hibs
13-03-2016, 06:58 PM
What red card??

Bartley elbow. My mate (Falkirk fan) text me saying he was fortunate to get yellow.

Itsnoteasy
13-03-2016, 06:59 PM

You make/ get your own luck in games. Not good enough. Wonder how many of the 30k will be in Inverness. Glory hunters climb back under your duvets.

SlickShoes
13-03-2016, 07:09 PM
You make/ get your own luck in games. Not good enough. Wonder how many of the 30k will be in Inverness. Glory hunters climb back under your duvets.

I spend a large amount of my spending money after essentials onnsupoorting hibs but it just gets worse and worse to be honest. I'm not an fairweather supporter but I'm losing the will to watch us lurching from disaster to disaster.

You can say that cups are a bonus and what not but our league form is also herendous, there's something wrong but I've no idea what it is. All we can do is support the team and we have been but what we get in return is just another crushing disappointment.

DH1875
13-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Bartley elbow. My mate (Falkirk fan) text me saying he was fortunate to get yellow.

I haven't seen it yet on the telly but from where I was sitting it looked like he didn't even touch him :confused:

Onceinawhile
13-03-2016, 07:16 PM

From what I saw,he was unlucky to get booked!

Crammond Hibee
13-03-2016, 07:18 PM

Cost the goal v Inverness
And first today

Steve-O
13-03-2016, 07:19 PM
He is a not. I remember one, and stokes created that out of nothing. Hibs were gash today. Just a better level of gash than county

I assume you did your starting at 7am bevvy routine because we did have chances.

Gray from the corner which I thought was a certain goal.

Stokes had a shot just wide second half.

Umpteen corners which are at least half a chance.

Fontaine scored and had that last minute shot tipped over the bar.

A good few crosses where we were close to getting on the end of it - Cummings in first half the closest.

Cummings shot tipped over the bar early on from 30 yards.

Plenty more opportunities in good positions where we fluffed it.

Steve-O
13-03-2016, 07:20 PM

Could easily have been a red, elbowed him clean in the pus. However, the County player was deliberately obstructing him first.

Crammond Hibee
13-03-2016, 07:22 PM
KT was brought in as a squad player. Fyvie and Dylan being injured has meant he's played much more than even he could have hoped. MOTM against ICT so whilst I wouldn't have started him, I wasn't surprised he did.

Never MOM against Caley
Cost us the goal

eastmainsmsh
13-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Beaten by a gub Ross county are spoilers

Iain G
13-03-2016, 07:27 PM

Probably unintentionally but he fairly walloped the guy in the face!

Leith Green
13-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Both Stokes and Thomson slow our attacks down. Thomson is far too slow out of possesion and on the ball, while stokes holds onto the ball far too long. They make us easy to defend and hit on the break like today..

lucky
13-03-2016, 07:30 PM
We were the better team but not taking our chances and comedy defending cost us

Leith Green
13-03-2016, 07:30 PM
And forgot to add , i felt playing bartley and thomson cost us the game today... Boyles pace should have been utilised and bartley would have sufficed rather than alongside thomson

Eyrie
13-03-2016, 07:38 PM
And forgot to add , i felt playing bartley and thomson cost us the game today... Boyles pace should have been utilised and bartley would have sufficed rather than alongside thomson

We were short on midfielders, so Thomson had to play unless we went to 3-5-2. But Stubbs prefers his diamond, which denies us any pace or width, and won't shift from it even when it's clear that the opposition have nullified it.

Hibeesforever
13-03-2016, 07:43 PM

That is rubbish, from the East it was a 50-50 then the RC player dived to get Bartley sent off. Referee was hopeless throughout

HibeeMG
13-03-2016, 08:02 PM
1. Stokes is lazy and arrogant. He tried to play the game at walking pace as he seems to think he doesn't need to do the running that top strikers have to. Yes, he'll create a chance or two with having quick feet but they don't make up for the amount of chances wasted due to him trying to be fancy.

2. If we play a long pass (not necessary long ball football) up front then we need to be prepared to press the second ball in the space between their defence and midfield. Our midfield are always slow to catch up. Their second goal started from a long ball forward which was headed out of their defence. Jackson Irvine was able to chest it down, control it, turn, get his head up and play a pass. All without having a Hibs player in his face. If it wasn't for Bartley (who I thought had an excellent game) we wouldn't have pressed at all.

3. Lewis Stevenson really, really needs to stay behind for crossing training.

4. Instead of trying to play Hollywood passes or flicks why not make sure and stick the ball in the right areas? For example, Thommo had the ball on the left wing, looked to cross but didn't see a man free in the box. He turned back and we eventually lost possession. Just stick the ball in to the six-yard line man! If the get a head to it that's when the second ball comes in (see note 2).

Luzern67
13-03-2016, 08:04 PM
That is rubbish, from the East it was a 50-50 then the RC player dived to get Bartley sent off. Referee was hopeless throughout
You will change your mind when you see it again

TrinityHibs
13-03-2016, 08:04 PM
We were the better team but not taking our chances and comedy defending cost us

Sums it up for me. I thought Stokes did well. Jason was poor. Not much wrong with the rest of them other than not taking/creating better chances

Danderhall Hibs
13-03-2016, 08:07 PM

I thought the boy was at it at the time so took a neutrals view on it. I see a couple of the overseas boys are saying he was lucky to get a yellow as well though.

Hibernia&Alba
13-03-2016, 08:09 PM
Unlucky? The ref?

Whit? We could have won the game in the first half, but didn't. Teams with a winning mentality can win when they bad badly, so what does it say of a team that has the chances to win a final and doesn't take them? We walked off as losers at Hampden once again. Forget any mitigating circumstances, real or imagined; we lost. I'm sick of it and am angry we let that game get away.

basehibby
13-03-2016, 08:12 PM
To be honest, County had a perfectly good goal chopped off by a rather inconsistent ref. This should have been a warning sign to the defence but got ignored.

I am away for a sulk.

Foul on the keeper - right decision

1875STEVE
13-03-2016, 08:20 PM

GGTTH

Il not, you're spot on.

At 60-65 mins we needed to change.

Thomson was hoking, id have had him off for Boyle, stick Boyle out wide, McGinn or Hendo into the centre beside Bartley.

Id have hooked Cummings and Stokes and stuck El Alagiu and Keatings or Dagnall up top.

Ive never been so disappointed in a signing than I have for Stokes, I was sticking up for him a few weeks back as well. Trying back heels and flick's when there is nobody beside him. :rolleyes:

SkintHibby
13-03-2016, 08:32 PM
Foul on the keeper - right decision

On the radio they all said it was never a foul and goal should have stood.

Brightside
13-03-2016, 09:02 PM
Jason and Stokes were very poor covered nothing in the way of runs. Thomson really is pointless. Never pressed, an didn't hold the ball. A huge mistake to play two holding midfielders today. They were very very poor and we ended up playing like them... long ball??? since when?

Cod Boy
13-03-2016, 09:03 PM
Only The manager can answer why he has put some decent young midfielders out on loan and brought in Kevin Thompson.

familyman
13-03-2016, 09:05 PM

We were beaten because they did their homework while we went to the sunshine and were supposed to sort out working together..we did not do that up front anyway..poor return

Crammond Hibee
13-03-2016, 09:08 PM
Jason and Stokes were very poor covered nothing in the way of runs. Thomson really is pointless. Never pressed, an didn't hold the ball. A huge mistake to play two holding midfielders today. They were very very poor and we ended up playing like them... long ball??? since when?

Spot on

Denverhibby
13-03-2016, 09:17 PM
Thomson should have never started well past it!

I don't think it's just Thomson, how many games have we lost since Stokes and Tompson came to us in January. Was has made the difference .

emerald green
13-03-2016, 09:21 PM

:agree: I was told by someone who saw it on TV that Bartley elbowed the RC player in the face. That's a straight red.

The referee was poor, but he wasn't the reason Hibs lost today. Not this time.

hibbytam
13-03-2016, 09:28 PM
What's killing us is not taking our chances, combined with suicidal defending.

12 shots, 8 on target one goal, against 5 shots, 3 on target and 2 goals.

Dashing Bob S
13-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Thomson is completely washed up. He can barely move and his sclaffed pass to give away the first goal was just criminal.
We were by far the better team in the first half but did next to nothing after the interval.
Bang average teams can just sit deep against us safe in the knowledge that we won't break them down with our painfully slow play.

i agree. With his stooped shoulders and bent posture, he comes over more like a change-scrounging jakey than a professional footballer. The ridiculous beard does nothing to dispel the notion. Belongs in a worn greatcoat rather than a Hibs strip.

I always was a big KT fan, even in his second spell when he came back under controversy from Der Hun, but this third time is a bridge too far, and no more please.

Onceinawhile
13-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Could easily have been a red, elbowed him clean in the pus. However, the County player was deliberately obstructing him first.

Just watched it back. Red would have been harsh, but seen it given.

Definite yellow.

Holmesdale Hibs
13-03-2016, 10:52 PM
I thought we played ok today and were the marginally better of 2 fairly average teams. County played on the break and I can't remember them creating a chance other than the 2 that came from our mistakes. Sad state of affairs when the team 4th in the SPL plays 10 men behind the ball against a team in the championship..

The ref didn't give us much today (depending on the Oxley incident which I've not seen on replay) but none of his decisions had any impact on the outcome of the game.

AFKA5814_Hibs
13-03-2016, 11:07 PM
I'm not sure there's anything unlucky about bad defending and being unable to convert posession into goals. We lose cause we defended badly for two goals and couldn't stick the ball in the net at the other end. Another in a never ending and sadly long, long list of Hibernian Hampden let downs.

DH1875
13-03-2016, 11:21 PM
I haven't seen it yet on the telly but from where I was sitting it looked like he didn't even touch him :confused:

OK, Seen it on the telly and have to admit, was lucky not to be sent off.

Jones28
13-03-2016, 11:24 PM

The 8 attempts on target beg to differ

AFKA5814_Hibs
13-03-2016, 11:27 PM
The 8 attempts on target beg to differ

But how many of those attempts on target were really troublesome for their goalie. There were a few even my granny could have saved and she's been deid for 5 years.

hibby6270
13-03-2016, 11:38 PM

It's no coincidence bringing them both into the team on a regular basis has led to our worst run of the season. Only game we've looked convincing in was a game neither played in - 3:0 win v Alloa - a game also that saw Jason on subs bench. Is there a pattern emerging here since mid January.

Certainly looks like if from where I'm sitting. Surely Stubbs can see it as well.

Oh - and Malonga leaving hasn't helped either.

eastterrace
13-03-2016, 11:50 PM
Bartley elbow. My mate (Falkirk fan) text me saying he was fortunate to get yellow. your mate talking pish as when he booked Bartley the big no.9got up and ran up the pitch without seeing the trainer , nothing wrong with him , big cheating barsteward

Danderhall Hibs
14-03-2016, 12:08 AM
OK, Seen it on the telly and have to admit, was lucky not to be sent off.

Fair play - I've not dared to watch any of it back yet.

Danderhall Hibs
14-03-2016, 12:11 AM
your mate talking pish as when he booked Bartley the big no.9got up and ran up the pitch without seeing the trainer , nothing wrong with him , big cheating barsteward

As I said I've not watched it back - just thought it was interesting to get a neutrals point of view.

pedroorange1875
14-03-2016, 12:22 AM
Was there and never thought it was a foul. A goal kick was given so any foul happened when the ball was dead.

What really needs looked at after watching it back a few times is the rule about shielding a ball going out. Im sure you need to have previously been in control of the ball or its near you . The boy in relation to shielding is miles away from the ball and completely blocks Marv by coming across him. Not previously in control of the ball, ever in line with it or could be deemed legally shielding it...its a blocking foul then goes out long before marv uses a straight arm not an elbow to the guys face

Hibs foul....goal kick given and yellow to Marv is made up and ref clueless because the only other explanation is an elbow in the face deliberately which it was not, and a red card. Incompetent at best

Nutmegged
14-03-2016, 12:27 AM
The red card, aye; the offside, just off - though the defending for it was very poor.

Not the offside, Graham's header, for me that should've stood, Oxley was caught under it

broondog
14-03-2016, 01:18 AM
thomson is deadwood. once a great, dreadful now

macd123
14-03-2016, 01:20 AM
KT and stokes shouldn't have come back, just like go'c and riordan. It never works. We shouldn't take any of that relegation squad back - even to coach kids. Experienced players should bring know-how and leadership. But how can you lead when you are the worst player in the team? How are you supposed to be an example for youngsters when the youngsters are so much better than you are?

SteveHFC
14-03-2016, 01:29 AM
Shouldn't have signed Thomson again. Waste of a wage.

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-03-2016, 01:46 AM
Disappointed with Stokes and Thomson today. These guys have won 12 trophies between them, these are the players we need to up their game for a Cup Final. Stokes I really thought would be a game changer today.

Nicho87
14-03-2016, 02:42 AM
Just another hibs cup final day really.

Steve-O
14-03-2016, 03:24 AM
your mate talking pish as when he booked Bartley the big no.9got up and ran up the pitch without seeing the trainer , nothing wrong with him , big cheating barsteward

You can get an elbow in the coupon without needing treatment. Maybe he made the most of it, but it was an elbow to the face, no doubt.

Crammond Hibee
14-03-2016, 07:17 AM
Oxley was fouled as the guy had his arm over his shoulder holding him down
Bartley should have been sent off
Thomson not enough pace for modern day football
Stokes a shadow of his former self
And the old hibs fragility returns
No win in five games
Hanlon the biggest miss

Hermit Crab
14-03-2016, 09:43 AM
What's killing us is not taking our chances, combined with suicidal defending.

12 shots, 8 on target one goal, against 5 shots, 3 on target and 2 goals.

The two goals and the free kick were there on target strikes. Incredible, minimal shots on target required to beat Hibs just now. That was robbery but if you don't take your chances that's what happens.

The anouncer at Hampden should have said, scorer for county dick Turpin

Crammond Hibee
14-03-2016, 10:08 AM
The two goals and the free kick were there on target strikes. Incredible, minimal shots on target required to beat Hibs just now. That was robbery but if you don't take your chances that's what happens.

The anouncer at Hampden should have said, scorer for county dick Turpin

Their two goals were tap ins from our mistake
Ours great strike
Self inflicted

Giro Playboy
14-03-2016, 10:13 AM
Two basic errors cost us both goals. The defending at the second one was calamitous.

Hermit Crab
14-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Two basic errors cost us both goals. The defending at the second one was calamitous.

That started when I think it was Cummings that lost the ball high up the park. Haven't seen it again though.

Smartie
14-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Other than the under hit pass at the first goal I thought Thomson played well.

SlickShoes
14-03-2016, 10:44 AM

Other than gifting a goal and changing the game he was OK. Amazing. He's in acres of space, no need to play that pass, just wants rid, doesn't connect well. Should never have brought him back.

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 10:49 AM
Other than gifting a goal and changing the game he was OK. Amazing. He's in acres of space, no need to play that pass, just wants rid, doesn't connect well. Should never have brought him back.

he's just not right for this team, far to slow himself and always wants to much time on the ball, which tends to end up with us losing possesion, which is bizzare, considering its the opposite of whats he's in the team to do. I wasn't for him coming, then got behind him, have supported him while he's been playing but have to agree, shouldn't have signed him as a player.

Brightside
14-03-2016, 10:50 AM

He contributed almost nothing to the game. He simply doesn't have the legs to do that job anymore.

Hermit Crab
14-03-2016, 10:51 AM
He contributed almost nothing to the game. He simply doesn't have the legs to do that job anymore.

100% :agree:. Back up only, no way should he be near the starting 11.

Smartie
14-03-2016, 10:55 AM
he's just not right for this team, far to slow himself and always wants to much time on the ball, which tends to end up with us losing possesion, which is bizzare, considering its the opposite of whats he's in the team to do. I wasn't for him coming, then got behind him, have supported him while he's been playing but have to agree, shouldn't have signed him as a player.

There's no way he should be playing in a diamond with Bartley.

Thomson is a useful player and he's had some very good performances for us. I don't think he was our worst player yesterday, not by a long shot but we need to use him properly.

I hear it said that he slows us down - we're dead slow and stop anyway, he fits in perfectly in that regard!

I think Stubbs has 2 big decisions which he constantly bottles tbh - Bartley or Thomson and Stokes or Cummings. These players don't complement each other and shouldn't play together. If by choosing one or the other you have to change your formation then so be it. You also then have a couple of handy replacements on the bench.

It leads me to the "3 at the back" every time.

MWHIBBIES
14-03-2016, 10:56 AM
People realize Thomson wouldn't have played it Fyvie, McGeouch and probably Hanlon (played in midfield or 3-5-2) had been fit? The guy made a mistake but he wouldn't be at Hibs if he didn't make them, none of them would.

He doesn't have the legs to play on the right, that is for sure but he played well against Caley in the middle of the 3 cms.

CorrieHibs
14-03-2016, 11:00 AM

GGTTH

Totally agree. Hughes made the changes last week and the players earned them a replay.

CentreLine
14-03-2016, 11:02 AM

All about opinons but I see Bartley putting a straight arm across the player who goes to muscle him off the ball. Bartley's straight are is across the players face but not an elbow. Booking? probably yes. Red Card? absolutely not.

In the interests of Whataboutery, the kick aimed at Bartley by their pony tailed bloke was as bad, if not worse IMO

CentreLine
14-03-2016, 11:08 AM
Said on another post that the majority of our players are now playing for the jersey and will be hurtig after that result. I'm not convinced Stokes or Thomson will be bothered one bit. Personally don't think either of them should be back at the club. I can't think of a single player that has made a sustained positive impact on a second spell with us.

MWHIBBIES
14-03-2016, 11:11 AM
Totally agree. Hughes made the changes last week and the players earned them a replay.Hughes also got it desperately wrong for the first 75 minutes, I'll take those odds every week.

SeanWilson
14-03-2016, 11:27 AM
There's no way he should be playing in a diamond with Bartley.

Thomson is a useful player and he's had some very good performances for us. I don't think he was our worst player yesterday, not by a long shot but we need to use him properly.

I hear it said that he slows us down - we're dead slow and stop anyway, he fits in perfectly in that regard!

I think Stubbs has 2 big decisions which he constantly bottles tbh - Bartley or Thomson and Stokes or Cummings. These players don't complement each other and shouldn't play together. If by choosing one or the other you have to change your formation then so be it. You also then have a couple of handy replacements on the bench.

It leads me to the "3 at the back" every time.
Bartley is 3 times the player KT is these days. That picks itself, i dont get why they were both in the same team, they try and do the same thing/occupy the same space but Bartley just has more energy. I think the whole team lacks pace, someone like Boyle coming on for KT and switching to three at the back would have made a difference. we had no luck trying to play our ay through the middle, we needed to try and stretch them and just didn't hav the players on the park to do it. This hoofing it up trying to win the second ball was a joke as well. I don't remember Stokes or Cumming winning one header in the match and rarely got to the second ball.

Crammond Hibee
14-03-2016, 05:23 PM

Agreed