12-03-2016, 07:07 PM
What a goal from Lukaku

Hibs Class
12-03-2016, 07:08 PM
Great strength

iwasthere1972
12-03-2016, 07:08 PM
What a goal from Lakaku

:agree: Strength in abundance. Not easily pushed off the ball.

CentreLine
12-03-2016, 07:09 PM
Why are we being force fed this stuff on a Friday/Saturday night on the BBC? Any night for that matter?

Scouse Hibee
Why are we being force fed this stuff on a Friday/Saturday night on the BBC? Any night for that matter?

You're not,change channel.

Mr White

Nobodies forcing you. At least not to watch football on BBC1.

iwasthere1972
12-03-2016, 07:10 PM

You could watch one of the other 600 channels. :wink:

Mr White
2 nil

Schteff
2-0 Lukaku again

iwasthere1972
2-0 Lukaku.

Hibs Class
12-03-2016, 07:11 PM
2-0 Lukaku again

Billy Whizz
Someone asked me the other night, what English team do you support. I said anyone who beats Chelsea

CentreLine
Nobodies forcing you. At least not to watch football on BBC1.

I pay my license to be entertained not to subsidise football in the fat cat English game.

Hibs Class
12-03-2016, 07:12 PM
And now Diego Costa off

stoneyburn hibs

Lol

iwasthere1972
Costa off. Good.

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2016, 07:13 PM
Was Costa going to bite Barry?

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2016, 07:14 PM
I pay my license to be entertained not to subsidise football in the fat cat English game.

This is entertaining

GlesgaeHibby
Costa off. Good.

Unbelievably that was his first red card in his Chelsea career.

Sir David Gray
Was Costa going to bite Barry?

Looked like it.

The man's got a screw loose.

Mr White

They can't please everybody. More the merrier for football on freeview channels imo though. I can turn it off if I'm not enjoying it.

Hibs Class
12-03-2016, 07:15 PM
Barry off too, idiot.

MWHIBBIES
12-03-2016, 07:15 PM
I pay my license to be entertained not to subsidise football in the fat cat English game.In the words of Bobby Williamson - go to the cinema if you want entertainment

matty_f
12-03-2016, 07:16 PM
Barry sent off. Stupid foul.

iwasthere1972
12-03-2016, 07:18 PM
Unbelievably that was his first red card in his Chelsea career.

The commentators curse. I had a feeling that might happen when the commentator mentioned that he hadn't been red carded with Chelsea. :greengrin

Certainly looked like he was about to attempt a Luis Saurez bite.

heretoday
12-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Costa's a psycho. The couch brigade were all laughing about him at half-time as though he's a national treasure or something.

Michael
12-03-2016, 07:40 PM

Then vote with your wallet and don't renew...

joebakerforever
12-03-2016, 07:41 PM
An uneventful match suddenly ignited with Lukaku's wonder goal.

Thought it was the nearest great solo effort I've seen since Ricky Villa's gem for Spurs against Man City.

Mr White
12-03-2016, 07:43 PM
The voice is on bbc1 now. Despite the fact millions across the uk enjoy it I'm outraged my licence fee (well actually mrs white's licence fee if we're being pedantic) is being spent on this pish :grr:

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2016, 07:48 PM
The voice is on bbc1 now. Despite the fact millions across the uk enjoy it I'm outraged my licence fee (well actually mrs white's licence fee if we're being pedantic) is being spent on this pish :grr:

Why are we being force fed this pish.

emerald green
12-03-2016, 07:48 PM

:rolleyes:

ballengeich
12-03-2016, 07:49 PM

Then why weren't you watching Dumbarton v Falkirk on Alba?

Mr White
12-03-2016, 07:49 PM
Why are we being force fed this pish.

It's an outrage scouse.

CropleyWasGod
12-03-2016, 07:53 PM
I'm listening to Craig Charles on BBC 6 Music.

It's an outrage that this isn't force fed on the licence-payer.

LancashireHibby
12-03-2016, 07:55 PM
Back to the Future III on ITV2 is where it's at.

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2016, 07:57 PM
It's an outrage scouse.

I'm jumping up and down in a fit of rage, in walks the missus and says "sit doon ya erse" and she changed channel. Why didn't I think of that.

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2016, 07:58 PM
Back to the Future III on ITV2 is where it's at.

I watched that tomorrow.

Mr White
12-03-2016, 07:59 PM
I'm listening to Craig Charles on BBC 6 Music.

It's an outrage that this isn't force fed on the licence-payer.
It's fantastic. Bye bye voice... unleash the trunk of funk, and it's the average white band!

I'm_cabbaged
12-03-2016, 07:59 PM
I watched that tomorrow.

What was our score??? 😀

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2016, 08:03 PM
What was our score??? 😀

We conceded first but won,that's all I'm saying.

CentreLine
12-03-2016, 08:20 PM

Agree with that too. If our license fee was spent on a better product then I wouln't be spending my time with inane comments on Hibs.net What ever happened to those charming Morcambe and Wise blokes :rolleyes:

What is it about the night before a cup final that can't go fast enough?

Mr White
12-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Agree with that too. If our license fee was spent on a better product then I wouln't be spending my time with inane comments on Hibs.net What ever happened to those charming Morcambe and Wise blokes :rolleyes:

It's all a matter of opinion though that's the point. They cater for what they think the majority want and on the whole they get it right imo. Mostly :greengrin:

CentreLine
12-03-2016, 08:24 PM
Then why weren't you watching Dumbarton v Falkirk on Alba?

Actually I was. But I would like to have seen it on BBC1 if they had to have football on a Saturday night. Was delighted to see the late late show leave Falkirk only three points ahead having played two games more

Mr White
12-03-2016, 08:28 PM
Actually I was. But I would like to have seen it on BBC1 if they had to have football on a Saturday night. Was delighted to see the late late show leave Falkirk only three points ahead having played two games more

Do you think the majority of bbc licence fee payers would prefer to watch dumbarton v falkirk or everton v Chelsea?

lapsedhibee
12-03-2016, 08:29 PM
Pretty sure it's one bit of the space-time continuum, but can't for the life of me remember which bit.

Jonnyboy
12-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Someone asked me the other night, what English team do you support. I said anyone who beats Chelsea

Same answer when I'm asked, Billy :greengrin

lapsedhibee
12-03-2016, 08:31 PM
Do you think the majority of bbc licence fee payers would prefer to watch dumbarton v falkirk or everton v Chelsea?

Everton-Chelsea should have been on Film Four with all the other Lecter movies.

CentreLine
12-03-2016, 08:44 PM

Pitty you din't read the bit that said "if they must have football on".

As a license payer in Scotland I would rather see tv relevant to Scotland on "BBC Scotland" on a Friday and Saturday night. Instead we had FA Cup live last night, we had FA Cup live tonight we have English Championship every Saturday Night and Match of the Day along with Match of the Day Extra numerous times every weekend. This pays huge amounts to an already bloated English Football money machine.
In amongst it all our wonderful BBC manage to throw Scottish Football a few scraps and offer us a sub-standard product late on a Sunday evening.

So, yeh, every so often I don't think it would be too much to impose Dumbarton v Falkirk or somethng similar on a UK wide audience - If they must put football on our principal national channel on prime-time TV on a Friday and Saturday night.

LancashireHibby
12-03-2016, 08:50 PM

As a license payer in Scotland I would rather see tv relevant to Scotland on "BBC Scotland" on a Friday and Saturday night. Instead we had FA Cup live last night, we had FA Cup live tonight we have English Championship every Saturday Night and Match of the Day along with Match of the Day Extra numerous times every weekend. This pays huge amounts to an already bloated English Football money machine.
In amongst it all our wonderful BBC manage to throw Scottish Football a few scraps and offer us a sub-standard product late on a Sunday evening.

So, yeh, every so often I don't think it would be too much to impose Dumbarton v Falkirk or somethng similar on a UK wide audience - If they must put football on our principal national channel on prime-time TV on a Friday and Saturday night.
English Championship hasn't been on the BBC since last season, so you're one down there.

Mr White
12-03-2016, 08:52 PM

Once again they broadcast what they estimate the majority of their audience wish to see. That is particularly pertinent when talking about football because very few of the approx 60m uk population give a monkeys about anything other than top level english football unfortunately. Can't really blame the bbc for that, which is my point basically.

CentreLine
12-03-2016, 09:02 PM
Once again they broadcast what they estimate the majority of their audience wish to see. That is particularly pertinent when talking about football because very few of the approx 60m uk population give a monkeys about anything other than top level english football unfortunately. Can't really blame the bbc for that, which is my point basically.

I am more than happy to acknowldege your opinion on that. But we have "BBC Scotland". It is there for a reason. It should not be beyond the corporation to put something more relevant to Scotland on north of the Border if they must pump millions in to English football.

Thank you for this diversion, it has helped put some of the long evening behind us when the main event is tomorrow afternoon (shown on BBC2 Scotland only of course). Mind you I will also be taping the rugby being shown on BBC1