PDA

View Full Version : Hampden attire

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-03-2016, 06:49 PM
What you all wearing tomorrow? I'm undecided!

Northernhibee
12-03-2016, 06:55 PM
1991 home shirt and my green and white custom Air Jordan's

Pretty Boy
12-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Levi 501s, green Adidas Trimm Trabbs, Adidas Skol Cup winners strip (original) with a green Paisley patterned Pretty Green Jacket if required.

Plenty green on show for me tomorrow.

Juice-Terry
12-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Denim jaykit, denim jeans, Hibs scarf.

ManBearPig
12-03-2016, 07:09 PM
Denim jaykit, denim jeans, Hibs scarf.

With that you can sing John McGinn song with authenticity

TheFall
12-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Massive **** off coat:agree:

SteveHFC
12-03-2016, 07:14 PM
Speedo's.

hfc rd
12-03-2016, 07:16 PM
Borat mankini. At least it's green ;)

offshorehibby
12-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Ah, still undecided, Fred Perry desert boots, River Island boot-cut jeans, Lime Green Jasper Conran pullover. This is where i,ve no' decided yet, a nice green checked North Face shirt or a dark Green Fred Perry polo. Topped of wi a light weight Barbour jacket or a heavy weight Fred Perry bomber jacket.

Oh i and a Hibs scarf.:flag:

Green Fish
12-03-2016, 07:42 PM
Dark blue jeans, green new balance, 2001 le coq sportif home top. Retro hoody if required and bar scarf.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

LancashireHibby
12-03-2016, 07:49 PM
This season's purple home shirt, Hibs jacket and green Gazelles. Not usually a replica type (certainly with jackets), but it's a cup final after all.

monktonharp
12-03-2016, 07:53 PM
a nice green low cut dress, under my auld working claes. dependent on the result if it's pavement dancing new style or pavement dancing auld style, like they did at the Cavendish. :greengrin

pontius pilate
12-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Superdry jeans this seasons purple away top ralf lauren zippy top/jckt white adidas trainers lucky green socks and bar scarf

crieffhibee
12-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Black and white gazelles, armani jeans with green lacoste t shirt and green stone island jumper, topped off with flatcap and bar scarf

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Matalan joggies, primark string vest,asda flip flops and a green plastic cape in case of rain.

stoneyburn hibs
12-03-2016, 08:01 PM
a nice green low cut dress, under my auld working claes. dependent on the result if it's pavement dancing new style or pavement dancing auld style, like they did at the Cavendish. :greengrin

Bagsy the first dance 😋

SteveHFC
12-03-2016, 08:19 PM
Bagsy the first dance 

I've been there mate you're wasting your time. :duck:

Pete
12-03-2016, 08:20 PM
Matalan joggies, primark string vest,asda flip flops and a green plastic cape in case of rain.

Ltyf

Paisley Hibby
12-03-2016, 08:22 PM
My lucky pants.

stoneyburn hibs
12-03-2016, 08:24 PM

It's good that you're making an effort for tomorrow.

Sammy7nil
12-03-2016, 08:24 PM

Copycat :cb

Pete70
12-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Black Wrangler jeans, Ox blood Doc Martens shoes and this seasons Purple away top for me.

Sir David Gray
12-03-2016, 08:28 PM
I'll be wearing my Hibs top at Glasgow airport tomorrow.

HibeeLR
12-03-2016, 08:35 PM
Black pair of River Island jeans, black Nike shoes that are slightly worn out, along with the relegation season home top ( I know, poor choice 😂) Haven't decided between a jumper/hoodie or jacket yet
Oh, and a green and white bar scarf

Aldo
12-03-2016, 08:37 PM

I would hope more than that Trig!! Think you'll find a few folk staring and pointing!! ;-)

Famous Fiver
12-03-2016, 08:51 PM
More importantly, not hijacking thread, but if not reported elsewhere what colours will the team be sporting?

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2016, 08:53 PM

Glasgow Airport? Are you not going to Hampden :duck:

Pretty Boy
12-03-2016, 08:55 PM
More importantly, not hijacking thread, but if not reported elsewhere what colours will the team be sporting?

Hibs will be in green. 100% definitely.

Not sure about RC although I'd guess white.

Greenworld
12-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Nothing I'm the token streaker

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
12-03-2016, 09:04 PM
I would hope more than that Trig!! Think you'll find a few folk staring and pointing!! ;-)

:greengrin Haha aye I will be.

Although if we win tomorrow, I can't promise about what will happen at the other end when I've started celebrating. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
12-03-2016, 09:07 PM
Glasgow Airport? Are you not going to Hampden :duck:

:greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-03-2016, 09:14 PM
Gonna go for white Adidas Superstars, skinny Diesel jeans, green Ralph polo, and navy Moncler jacket!

And of course my Hibs scarf!

renato
12-03-2016, 09:17 PM
Mustard yellow cardigan, maroon polo, cords and boat shoes.

Cameron1875
12-03-2016, 09:41 PM
Shirt, dark green jumper, Diesel jeans and chocolate brown boots.

Also a green jacket which has only been worn 3 times. St Johnstone, Hearts Away, Hearts Replay at ER...... :pray:

Nakedmanoncrack
12-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Weather forecast is good - shorts & 1875-2015 top laid out.

NYHibby
12-03-2016, 09:48 PM
As a general warning to whoever sits to my left at games, I always wear my Chernobyl watch, a green Vostok Amphibia scuba dude, to games. Its the watch I bought for dirt cheap from some stand in Ukraine and wore for two days at the Chernobyl nuclear plant. I can't be certain why the hands glow...

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/yAEAAOxybi9Revq2/s-l300.jpg

For a mechanical watch which sells for less than £50 in the UK, Vostok Amphibians have an interesting history.
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/vostok-amphibia

monktonharp
12-03-2016, 09:49 PM
what are Gazelles, and should I be wearing them? the only gazelles i'm aware of, are prancing deer described by david attenburugh. Also, what are these majical gazelles?

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2016, 09:50 PM
I've always believed that one should dress for success, yet a quick glance through this thread disappointingly reveals that many of the usual suspects are intent on letting the side down with slipshod standards.

'Flash dignity' is my catchphrase for this years final.

I don't normally do anything as crass as dress as in the team colours, but this year will be an exception, as I'm sporting a two button suit by Ferrecci. It's a sharp and classy number, but one which makes quite a bold statement with a vibrant green. Not a lot of people can pull this off, but it's time to be a little daring.

I have a custom-made 3/4 length camel hair top coat, light, but stout enough to see off any dank weedgie chills. It boasts a high collar, thus no need of a scarf, and a single-breasted buttoned front.

As I've steadfastly maintained over the years on this board: shoes, shoes, shoes. I really cannot emphasis this enough.

I've had the usual massive internal debates with this one, but the season still holds the promise of inclement weather, and we are at the football, so a shoe has to be robust as well as stylish. Therefore I'm leaving the handcrafted Italian jobs I normally favour, and wearing black leather Lanvin plain toe Oxford's, which should be functional, yet cut enough of a dash to successfully 'plinth' the rest of the wardrobe. (The primary role of any shoe.)

If you are planning on dressing like a tramp, please stay away and instead perhaps buy a season ticket for the Wheatfield, where your sister will be waiting for you in a lavatory cubicle.

kenja
12-03-2016, 10:01 PM
What you all wearing tomorrow? I'm undecided!

I will be wearing yer maw.

... Seriously though, wtf. Who gives a crap about the designer p1sh... If it is green, then all the better!

'Mon the cabbage the morn'

Stax
12-03-2016, 10:04 PM
what are Gazelles, and should I be wearing them? the only gazelles i'm aware of, are prancing deer described by david attenburugh. Also, what are these majical gazelles?
Classic adidas, mind you some pavement dancers might remind you of documentaries by attenburgh :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
12-03-2016, 10:05 PM
2007 top. Oh yeah

Diclonius
12-03-2016, 10:07 PM
Will be wearing a t-shirt I only wear for cup finals. Regrettably it was from the 2012 cup final range.

RMQ1967
12-03-2016, 10:07 PM
I've always believed that one should dress for success, yet a quick glance through this thread disappointingly reveals that many of the usual suspects are intent on letting the side down with slipshod standards.

I don't normally do anything as crass as dress as in the team colours, but this year will be an exception, as I'm sporting a two button suit by Ferrecci. It's a sharp and classy number, but one which makes quite a bold statement with a vibrant green. Not a lot of people can pull this off, but it's time to be a little daring.

I have a custom-made 3/4 length camel hair top coat, light, but stout enough to see off any dank weedgie chills. It boasts a high collar, thus no need of a scarf, and a single-breasted buttoned front.

As I've steadfastly maintained over the years on this board: shoes, shoes, shoes. I really cannot emphasis this enough.

I've had the usual massive internal debates with this one, but the season still holds the promise of inclement weather, and we are at the football, so a shoe has to be robust as well as stylish. Therefore I'm leaving the handcrafted Italian jobs I normally favour, and wearing black leather Lanvin plain toe Oxford's, which should be functional, yet cut enough of a dash to successfully 'plinth' the rest of the wardrobe. (The primary role of any shoe.)

If you are planning on dressing like a tramp, please stay away and instead perhaps buy a season ticket for the Wheatfield, where your sister will be waiting for you in a lavatory cubicle.

lol - classic :)

tamig
12-03-2016, 10:10 PM

Superb sir - as always 😀

monktonharp
12-03-2016, 10:12 PM

If you are planning on dressing like a tramp, please stay away and instead perhaps buy a season ticket for the Wheatfield, where your sister will be waiting for you in a lavatory cubicle.Dashing as ever, Bob and I am sure you inspire some of our younger chaps to perhaps take a step back, and look at what's in front of them on this momentous occasion. I do agree that one can never dive in cavalier when it comes to the correct attire and one should always consider the possible consequences in the event of a sudden weather change. Footware, as you have eloquently highlighted is paramount in these situations and should always be to the front when deciding what is required. I myself, have therefore decided on an old pair od Merrels which shall look the part and at the same time be functional. I would never be seen deid, in a pair of bovver boots. mines are particularly worn, on the underside and yet, I remain fairly comfortable within. It also has to be said, that they have for a considerable number of years managed to repel the outside elements.for that reason, they will indeed be at the cup final.

kenja
12-03-2016, 10:14 PM

Spiffing choice sir. Such impeccable taste.

lyonhibs
12-03-2016, 10:14 PM
07 bottle green top with an as yet decided combo of stylish accoutrements.

Bishop Hibee
12-03-2016, 10:21 PM
😀 wouldn't be a final without this thread. North Face walking shoes, black jeans, "Team of Ivan Sproules" emerald green t-shirt with Hibs rugby top. Padded hunting green jacket and Hibs bar scarf.

H18 SFR
12-03-2016, 10:25 PM
Original Frank Graham Group shirt in green.

.Sean.
12-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Aquascutum house check shirt, underneath a cream coloured John Smedley merino wool Jersey.

Navy blue DKNY needle cords.

Olive green Ma-Strum sniper jacket.

Adidas Riviera

:aok:

Green Man
12-03-2016, 10:49 PM
It can get a bit chilly at Hampden so I'm going for layers. Green Famous 5 Ramones style tshirt, 2000 home top, green superdry jumper and green North Face rain jacket. Jeans will most likely be Replay. I'm undecided on the trainers, definitely green adidas with the option of Gazelles (pale green with white stripes), Sambas (darker green with black stripes) or Hamburgs (bright green with yellow stripes).

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2016, 10:51 PM
Well done chaps. Remember: nothing builds confidence in a support than well-togged supporters. Let this sense of genuine style, rather than a shabby pageantry pervade, surging onto the playing surface at Hampden to energise our footballing personnel in their quest for silverware.

NYHibby
12-03-2016, 10:57 PM

For someone offering fashion advice, what a mess of an outfit. The suit isn't even worth wasting my words on so I'll skip to the shoes.

Everything about your shoes is wrong for this outfit. First, Lanvin are not shoes. You'd be better off with a pair from Loake 1880 range. Second, everyone knows you don't wear black shoes with a green suit. Without knowing the shade of green I can't offer more exact suggestions, but dark brown would at least be a better starting point than black.

Plain toes are worn by teenage waiters and people who wear short shelve shirts to the office. You also have to keep in mind this is a football match and therefore don't want to make the faux pas of wearing too formal of shoes. Semi-brogues would be a nice compromise if you insist on oxfords.

Pete
12-03-2016, 11:05 PM
Replica top I think but I don't have a clue what one. I've about ten of them sprawled on the settee and one isn't leaping out at me yet. The lucky cubs cap will be coming as I've never seen us lose with it on and I'm scared not to bring it. Apart from that it will be Levi's, vans and a Parka.

To be honest I couldn't give a friar tuck what I look like. Life is too short :greengrin

Hibby Mike
12-03-2016, 11:11 PM

I here concur Dashing Bobby S. Shoes are a must, and by dear Frank Sauzee's front teeth It's high time we brought back the rosette! Thus why I shall be sporting mine (newly made by the better half this afternoon) proudly below my left collar! GGTTH!
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160312/c09bd7d78bb34835f7c39922554d6a2b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NaeTechnoHibby
12-03-2016, 11:17 PM
For someone offering fashion advice, what a mess of an outfit. The suit isn't even worth wasting my words on so I'll skip to the shoes.

Everything about your shoes is wrong for this outfit. First, Lanvin are not shoes. You'd be better off with a pair from Loake 1880 range. Second, everyone knows you don't wear black shoes with a green suit. Without knowing the shade of green I can't offer more exact suggestions, but dark brown would at least be a better starting point than black.

Plain toes are worn by teenage waiters and people who wear short shelve shirts to the office. You also have to keep in mind this is a football match and therefore don't want to make the faux pas of wearing too formal of shoes. Semi-brogues would be a nice compromise if you insist on oxfords.

OOH AH!

I have a love new M&S Coat/Jacket in a pale green :aok::aok::flag::gwa::gwa:

The rest will be either Wallis or M&S :aok:

Shoes will be sturdy, as the Hampden "walk|" is sometimes a challenge, so Clarks or Jones will be decided in the morn:aok:

marinello59
12-03-2016, 11:21 PM
OOH AH!

I have a love new M&S Coat/Jacket in a pale green :aok::aok::flag::gwa::gwa:

The rest will be either Wallis or M&S :aok:

Shoes will be sturdy, as the Hampden "walk|" is sometimes a challenge, so Clarks or Jones will be decided in the morn:aok:

Are sturdy shoes the same as sensible shoes?

NaeTechnoHibby
12-03-2016, 11:42 PM
Are sturdy shoes the same as sensible shoes?

I would not recommend narrow heels, i.e stilettos, at this venue :eek:

However if you want to wear them .... on ye go :cb:cb

Viva_Palmeiras
12-03-2016, 11:42 PM
As a general warning to whoever sits to my left at games, I always wear my Chernobyl watch, a green Vostok Amphibia scuba dude, to games. Its the watch I bought for dirt cheap from some stand in Ukraine and wore for two days at the Chernobyl nuclear plant. I can't be certain why the hands glow...

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/yAEAAOxybi9Revq2/s-l300.jpg

For a mechanical watch which sells for less than £50 in the UK, Vostok Amphibians have an interesting history.
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/vostok-amphibia

be sure to wear your y-fronts otherwise Chernobyl fallout ;)

Captain Trips
12-03-2016, 11:54 PM
If it still fits 1991 Skol cup winning top.

Dashing Bob S
13-03-2016, 12:16 AM

Yes, sounds bad on paper, but it's a bottle green, and it works. Loake 1880 - a very decent mid-ranged shoe. Had the suit been a lighter shade of green (yes, I know) I'd might have plumped for a brown set of those, but opted for the contrast. We'll have to agree to differ on the plain toes, but these Oxfords don't have a formal look at all. If anything the soles are a little chunky and industrial.

howdenthehibby
13-03-2016, 06:46 AM
Green and white nike Hibs training top , dark blue jeans from George at Asda , Grean and white hoodie top from Aldi , and a pair of green and white plastic trainers from ebay ,oh and a green beanie hat I found in the park while walking the dog .And last but not least, my lucky pants , havnt been washed since 91.

Brizo
13-03-2016, 06:51 AM
Yes, sounds bad on paper, but it's a bottle green, and it works. Loake 1880 - a very decent mid-ranged shoe. Had the suit been a lighter shade of green (yes, I know) I'd might have plumped for a brown set of those, but opted for the contrast. We'll have to agree to differ on the plain toes, but these Oxfords don't have a formal look at all. If anything the soles are a little chunky and industrial.

On the shoe front I will be wearing a pair of 1960s vintage Clarks Commandos , complete with compass on the sole. Said compass invaluable post match when trying to locate the Jolly boys bus which will have inevitably moved from its pre match parking spot.

Giro Playboy
13-03-2016, 07:02 AM
Today I will be wearing a pair of black leather shorts, a tight black vest and a cowboy hat. I'm not sure if I should wear a scarf or not.....oh decisions decisions :cb

Hibernia&Alba
13-03-2016, 07:14 AM

:hilarious

:top marks

Very dashing indeed, Bob

I'm going for Merc navy blue sta prest trousers, sky blue Relco Oxford shirt, Alpha Industries parka (green of course), sand coloured ben Sherman desert boots and bar scarf. A spray of Issey Miyake and a touch of pomade for the barnet.

If the lassies in the North Stand could please refrain from putting me off when the match is on but form an orderly queue at full time :greengrin

Yuillsy
13-03-2016, 07:31 AM
White or Green???

J-C
13-03-2016, 07:34 AM
I'm too auld to wear a football top, so it'll be jeans, black t shirt and jacket with the Hibs scarf I wore at the 2007 final :flag:

JimBHibees
13-03-2016, 07:41 AM

:not worth :rotflmao:

You can take the boy out of Liverpool................... :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
13-03-2016, 07:56 AM
White or Green???

Green!

LustForLeith
13-03-2016, 08:22 AM
Long sleeved Hibs style Adidas football top from back in the day. Skinny jeans, possible Nike Air Max and Casual Connoisseur Twin Peaks black and white stripes Weir bobble hat (red pom pom) and Casual connoisseur Shining inspired scarf.

Wore the hat and scarf at every game I've been to this season and yet to see Hibs lose.

Carheenlea
13-03-2016, 08:27 AM
:hilarious

Very dashing indeed, Bob

I'm going for Merc navy blue sta prest trousers, sky blue Relco Oxford shirt, Alpha Industries parka (green of course), sand coloured ben Sherman desert boots and bar scarf. A spray of Issey Miyake and a touch of pomade for the barnet.

If the lassies in the North Stand could please refrain from putting me off when the match is on but form an orderly queue at full time :greengrin

It's the League Cup Final at Hampden Park Hibernian&Alba, not a Whitsunday dust-up on Brighton Beach...:greengrin

I'm contemplating a coller & tie job with this natty item. Underneath a jumper, but a classic 60's/70's Hibernian accessory maybe deserves to be free of jumper.

http://i64.tinypic.com/1538i9f.jpg

swindonhibs
13-03-2016, 08:40 AM
Love this thread, wouldn't be cup final day without it!
For me it will be Dark blue boot cut diesel jeans, either ted baker merino wool emerald green jumper or green, white and sky blue thin check Ralph Lauren shirt topped off with a black Armani gillett. On my feet will be maroon Kurt Geiger leather baseball boots.

Hibernia&Alba
13-03-2016, 08:47 AM
It's the League Cup Final at Hampden Park Hibernian&Alba, not a Whitsunday dust-up on Brighton Beach...:greengrin

I'm contemplating a coller & tie job with this natty item. Underneath a jumper, but a classic 60's/70's Hibernian accessory maybe deserves to be free of jumper.

http://i64.tinypic.com/1538i9f.jpg

The well dressed gentleman is comfortable in any environment :greengrin. I have a few blue mark oan the sand boots, due to wearing them with new jeans, and may need to change to black desert boots, if they won't come out.

Liking the tie. Nae jumper; white button doon collar shirt :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
13-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Green and white nike Hibs training top , dark blue jeans from George at Asda , Grean and white hoodie top from Aldi , and a pair of green and white plastic trainers from ebay ,oh and a green beanie hat I found in the park while walking the dog .And last but not least, my lucky pants , havnt been washed since 91.

You've nailed it. You can't buy class :greengrin

Greencore
13-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Are we wearing home or away top today?

Carheenlea
13-03-2016, 09:06 AM

Home.

buktapurple79
13-03-2016, 09:16 AM
New Balance, Stone Island denims, Hibs green Lacoste polo, Henry Lloyd wind cheater, all wrapped in The EH8 Hibs flag! Cannae wait!

SteveHFC
13-03-2016, 09:50 AM

91 away top here with this season's home top underneath my jumper.

Hibby70
13-03-2016, 10:11 AM
Green Seahawks/Pearl Jam t-shirt.

Its still hanging up as I make the breakfast so I don't stink of bacon and black pudding throughout the 90 minutes. I've already got flora on my jeans (i blame the nerves)

seanshow
13-03-2016, 10:19 AM
Precipitation forecast for Glasgow is zero today and reasonably mild, therefore a few layers and Hibs scarf for the early spring walk to the stadia, ......Phil Collins No jacket required.

fat freddy
13-03-2016, 10:22 AM
A nappy

phoenixfire
13-03-2016, 10:23 AM

Golden Bear
13-03-2016, 10:25 AM
My Saville Rogue cashmere scarf will be making its big game debut today and I'm sure it will be properly baptised with brown sauce later on. Glenmuir bottle green Hibernian sweater to match.