PDA

View Full Version : Plans for tonight before the Nerves kick in ?

Torto7062
12-03-2016, 11:50 AM
Having spoken to a few mates it seems the vast majority of the East of Edinburgh will be full of Hyper Hibee's [emoji23]

So anyone got any ideas on how to chill out..legal suggestions only please 🤗

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3pm
12-03-2016, 11:56 AM
I am heading to Stewart's brewery this afternoon. Will get them to fill my 4 pint beer bottle, have my beer tonight while watching SPECTRE which I bought during the week.

Nice and relaxing and fresh for tomorrow.

offshorehibby
12-03-2016, 11:56 AM
I was up at the crack of dawn so i'll be shattered early and get to bed. 3 or 4 Guinness in Tamsons will help in the afternoon as well. Heading up for the train tickets this afternoon as well.:flag:

Kojock
12-03-2016, 12:00 PM
3 of us staying at the Kings Park Hotel tonight. So a few half pint shandies in Rutherglen.

Kaiserclem
12-03-2016, 12:03 PM
Been up since 4am this morning and alredy nervous. Crazy what football does to us adults! I will be enjoying a cheeky Indian and a few beers this evening before returning home for a wee dram for the Cabbage! Not much sleep anticipated.

ps. Where do we all get ourselves a 4 pint beer bottle? 

GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
12-03-2016, 12:06 PM
Last 2 cup finals its been a few pints with my fitba buddies in a Gala boozer.

This year its watching Game of Thrones on catch up ...... blood, guts, sex & violence :greengrin

Spike Mandela
12-03-2016, 12:07 PM
Watch an inspirational movie that will help to get things in perspective. There are worse things in life than losing a cup final but human spirit will ensure you win eventually.

I recommend Mandela(obviously:wink:), Ghandi, Life is beautiful, Schindler's list or even Schawshank redemption.

Wake up tomorrow inspired.:flag:

Green Man
12-03-2016, 12:12 PM
The Mrs has a night out tonight but she's not sure if she's going. If she stays in it'll be a quiet night in front of the TV with a few beers. If she does go out, as soon as the kids are in bed I'll be getting the Hibs videos and songs on, again with a few beers.

Jones28
12-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Father and brother heading up to the star and garter in Linlithgow in time for me finishing at 5, dinner with them and the missus at the auld hole in the wall about 6, some live music back at the star and then home to watch the league cup 2007 win on dvd 👍

matty_f
12-03-2016, 12:18 PM
Going to try and chill out and watch a movie with the Mrs. More likely to spend the evening watching Hibs videos on Youtube.

Any suggestions?

IrnBru22
12-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Working till 4am then getting the train at 9.30, not gonna get much sleep but i think that would be the case wether i was working or not

Pretty Boy
12-03-2016, 12:24 PM
Few beers and watch MOTD. Nothing OTT.

speedy_gonzales
12-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Already committed to going to a charity night at Bainfield, was going to go easy on the sauce as I'm driving through tomorrow but a lot of the punters tonight are of the maroon persuasion, don't know how I'm going to refrain from visiting the bar once or thrice to distract myself from the rabble!

lord bunberry
12-03-2016, 12:26 PM
If I don't have a few beers I won't sleep, so it will be a few beers and I will watch a couple of hibs DVDs.

Ronniekirk
12-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Been at the gym this morning , listen to music while ironing some clothes , go for a walk then up to Glasgow some retail therapy ,pick up the missus a bite to eat at Cafe Andaluce. In cress well lane out the west end then head for the Hydro ( this is the downer bit ) Forgot my wife had got tickets for Wet Wet Wet , Back to the house some nice red wine before kip .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craig_HFC
12-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Recover from this hangover.

LustForLeith
12-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Boxing at Porty!

Hibs07p
12-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Already committed to going to a charity night at Bainfield, was going to go easy on the sauce as I'm driving through tomorrow but a lot of the punters tonight are of the maroon persuasion, don't know how I'm going to refrain from visiting the bar once or thrice to distract myself from the rabble!

You could debate, with the aforementioned rabble, the merits of goal difference or goal average when deciding football league titles, at what point of the season should league points be deducted for non payment of taxes and other creditors such as charities and local businesses, or certain vintages, what year was the best, '73 or '86? :greengrin

GGTTH

hibee_girl
12-03-2016, 01:05 PM
Going to see Wet Wet Wet :greengrin

Callum7
12-03-2016, 01:06 PM
Wait

FranckSuzy
12-03-2016, 01:21 PM
Meeting up with some of the St. Pat's guys this evening as a group of Hibby's are over from Groningen (Netherlands) for the game. Might need a hair of the dog tomorrow :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
12-03-2016, 01:31 PM
Going to see Wet Wet Wet :greengrin

:shocked:

You shouldn't be telling the world about that sort of thing :greengrin

O'Rourke3
12-03-2016, 01:34 PM
Playing at a 50th birthday party in Sirling. Get home about 2:30 up again around 9:30 for brekky and catch the bus @ Deerpark just after 11.

Hibby70
12-03-2016, 01:54 PM
Last 2 cup finals its been a few pints with my fitba buddies in a Gala boozer.

This year its watching Game of Thrones on catch up ...... blood, guts, sex & violence :greengrin

So same as the last cup finals then.

lyonhibs
12-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Starting off a session in the Horseshoe Bar currently. Meeting some .net royalty later on 😝

Betty Boop
12-03-2016, 02:52 PM
Been at the gym this morning , listen to music while ironing some clothes , go for a walk then up to Glasgow some retail therapy ,pick up the missus a bite to eat at Cafe Andaluce. In cress well lane out the west end then head for the Hydro ( this is the downer bit ) Forgot my wife had got tickets for Wet Wet Wet , Back to the house some nice red wine before kip .

A man that irons clothes ? Where do you get them then ? :greengrin

oconnors_strip
12-03-2016, 02:59 PM
Going out for a meal and some cocktails for a friends birthday, won't be a late or to messy a night as want to be OK for my bus tomorrow.

Currently watching hibs YouTube vids before going to the hairdressers :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pete
12-03-2016, 03:09 PM

That sounds like the ideal day for a red blooded male. :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
12-03-2016, 03:28 PM

Oi ............ Some of us do you know :greengrin

3pm
12-03-2016, 03:29 PM
Meeting up with some of the St. Pat's guys this evening as a group of Hibby's are over from Groningen (Netherlands) for the game. Might need a hair of the dog tomorrow :greengrin

A HOTD indicates there will be a break in drinking between tonight and tomorrow - that's a brave prediction Suzy!

NAE NOOKIE
12-03-2016, 03:30 PM
So same as the last cup finals then.

That's Gauly fur ye :greengrin

Ronniekirk
12-03-2016, 03:43 PM
That sounds like the ideal day for a red blooded male. :greengrin

Its a great way to let off steam You should try it. Green grin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betty Boop
12-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Oi ............ Some of us do you know :greengrin
Shocked ! :greengrin

HibbyAndy
12-03-2016, 03:52 PM
Very quiet night in for me, Few Fosters watch Ant & Dec and MOTD later on the night:cb

Ronniekirk
12-03-2016, 03:58 PM

There on the in crease ( green grin )

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2016, 04:08 PM
Started off this afternoon with lunch out and a couple of pints,back in the house now for a slow tv and beer session,White Lady for brekkie at 9am tomorrow before bus pick up at 1015.

Torto7062
12-03-2016, 04:17 PM
I'm sensing most of us are dulling oor nerves with the drink.....hope you all have a carrier bag for on yer buses 🤒🤒🤒

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hfc rd
12-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Just finished watching the 07 League Cup Final DVD against Killie. Here's hoping for something similar tomorrow!

Play the PS4 now and watch MOTD tonight.

Craig_in_Prague
12-03-2016, 04:23 PM
Been up since 5am, on a bus from Glasgow to edin. The next thing planned is a beer, followed by another.

Danderhall Hibs
12-03-2016, 04:56 PM
6 nations all afternoon, Everton v Chelsea's after that. Wee break then MOTD. All supplemented by the beers and wine I've got left from Christmas.

I've saved the leftover bottle of prosecco for tomorrow night...

Dalianwanda
12-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Just finished running a sleep workshop..off to bed till midnight the on the bus to Dublin at 1am..

Pretty Boy
12-03-2016, 06:25 PM
A bottle of Paulaner Hell finished, a Jever Pilsener on the go with an Augustiner Helles to follow. If that doen't settle the nerves theres 47 bottles of whisky on the shelf to choose from as well.

Albanian Hibs
12-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Just dropped kids off. Having a few becks and watching the cup final 07 dvd.

Mr White
12-03-2016, 06:33 PM
Bottles of Hanging bat 5.5% ipa were a quid in cornelius earlier. Slightly out of date but going down a treat to settle the nerves :cheers:

Topographic Hibby
12-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Just demolished a ripper of a home made curry with the better half, whilst watching an afternoon of egg-chasing. Watching the 2nd half of the Everton match before an hour or two of practice on my guitar.

All washed down with lashings of red wine.

A Wet Wet Wet free zone.........

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-03-2016, 06:46 PM
CoD on Xbox, MoTD, bed!

Haymaker
12-03-2016, 06:46 PM
In the HSC, getting on it

Schteff
12-03-2016, 07:04 PM
Doubt I'll sleep, will have a few beers but won't help... Like a kid on Xmas eve :flag:

mutley
12-03-2016, 07:10 PM
I'm off to the pub! Not a heavy sesh as will be in Wilkies at 11 tomorrow morning and then on the bus to Hampden at 12:30

silverhibee
12-03-2016, 07:23 PM
Antibiotics, painkillers and a bit garlic, will iron my clobber in a bit, well my jeans :greengrin and then the party starts. Hoovering. :greengrin

:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

Bristolhibby
12-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Pizza Hut with the family.

J

Northernhibee
12-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Won Ģ130 on the football today so night out tonight :hyper

emerald green
12-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Tonight I shall be having a quiet night in the house and a glass or two of The Balvenie single malt 15 year old Scotch whisky.

offshorehibby
12-03-2016, 07:46 PM
She dragged me up to the Grapes and we had more than we should then Tamsons and had even more than we should have. In house with a Chinese and would imagine bed early. GGTTH

lugz
12-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Breaking bad session with the wife, saving any bevvying for tomorrow.

pontius pilate
12-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Other half away to a wedding reception so the walking dead for me

Bad Martini
12-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Drink. when I finish that, drink a bit more and then a bit more drink. Topped off with some swearing, random "**** the hearts, rangers and celtic", maniacal laughing, sing Hibs songs, drink, drink, drink, swear again, laugh, sing more Hibs songs, gloriously decide we will cup in style, drink x as many as possible. Sleep. Drink again. Sleep.

Then win the cup.

****in easy.

ENDOF :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::flag:

Hibee87
12-03-2016, 07:53 PM
I was up at 6.30 with wee man. Went down to see some family in Berwick had a great wee lunch at a place called lemoncello, 5 quid for a starter (tattie skins) and a big seafood pizza, excellent value, popped into eyemouth arcade and won a wee bit on the puggies, tired wee man out, left family in coldingham to drive back up, grabbed 4 best at shop on way home. Wee man went down like a light now having a couple cans, find a film and hope I'm knackered after the day and get a good sleep.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-03-2016, 07:54 PM
A bottle of Paulaner Hell finished, a Jever Pilsener on the go with an Augustiner Helles to follow. If that doen't settle the nerves theres 47 bottles of whisky on the shelf to choose from as well.

Judging by those beers you'd appreciate the range on offer in The Allison Arms PB.

Pretty Boy
12-03-2016, 07:55 PM
I've just tempted fate by putting the 2004 vintage champagne in the fridge.

It was in then out again in both 2012 and 2013, hopefully this time it's in then drunk never to go back on the shelf again.

Pretty Boy
12-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Judging by those beers you'd appreciate the range on offer in The Allison Arms PB.

Been in there before. A cracking boozer.

LancashireHibby
12-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Spent the afternoon watching Bolton make a right total mess of things as always. Pizza Hut afterwards with the Mrs and my mate and his Mrs who sit near is at the games.

Home with a brew now watching crap telly until MOTD comes on. Very real risk of opening a beer, but trying to avoid it.

monktonharp
12-03-2016, 08:13 PM
There on the in crease ( green grin )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhow sad.my son said the other day....Da , fancy a cup o' tea. I said yeah. he asked what do you take in it and I had to say: don't know, you better ask yer Ma. keep to traditions, that's what I say! :wink:

monktonharp
12-03-2016, 08:14 PM
Spent the afternoon watching Bolton make a right total mess of things as always. Pizza Hut afterwards with the Mrs and my mate and his Mrs who sit near is at the games.

Home with a brew now watching crap telly until MOTD comes on. Very real risk of opening a beer, but trying to avoid it.c'moan. do it. you know you want to.

3pm
12-03-2016, 08:20 PM
It's a struggle to 'chill out' when it's all your thinking about. :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
12-03-2016, 08:24 PM
I've just tempted fate by putting the 2004 vintage champagne in the fridge.

It was in then out again in both 2012 and 2013, hopefully this time it's in then drunk never to go back on the shelf again.

Husband's birthday tomorrow so bought asdas finest champagne to have with our brekkie 😀

monktonharp
12-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Bottles of Hanging bat 5.5% ipa were a quid in cornelius earlier. Slightly out of date but going down a treat to settle the nerves :cheers:sounds good. could not give money to that Cornelius bugger though. I just got the house to myself, cracked a nice Aussie chardonnay open. might need another as i'm a bag o' nerves. oh, tablets, don't forget the tablets:paranoid:

lord bunberry
12-03-2016, 08:26 PM
It's a struggle to 'chill out' when it's all your thinking about. :greengrin
You're right mate. My Mrs has got the voice on the tv and I'm struggling to contain myself. The hibs DVDs are going on shortly, starting with 50 goals against hearts as that always gets me in the mood.

DaveF
12-03-2016, 08:31 PM
I'm remarkably not bothered a jot and have been the same all week. Listening to some vintage Metallica to pass the time.

That might change come beer o'clock tomorrow though :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
12-03-2016, 08:32 PM
Been on it since 3, scranned a lovely tikka masala made by my better half. Chilled having a Kraken now. My son is bouncing off the walls, being a nippy wee bas. Mon Hibs do it for the kids.

Mr White
12-03-2016, 08:33 PM
sounds good. could not give money to that Cornelius bugger though. I just got the house to myself, cracked a nice Aussie chardonnay open. might need another as i'm a bag o' nerves. oh, tablets, don't forget the tablets:paranoid:

James is a good guy though i admit his customer service style can occasionally veer towards slightly aloof :greengrin

monktonharp
12-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Been on it since 3, scranned a lovely tikka masala made by my better half. Chilled having a Kraken now. My son is bouncing off the walls, being a nippy wee bas. Mon Hibs do it for the kids.and the auld yins:wink:

Aldo
12-03-2016, 08:35 PM
Sitting with my girls 'chillin' just finished watching And & Dec and about to watch something on Netflix.

Jim44
12-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Babysitting a couple of the grandkids in Largs tonight so on my best behaviour with just a couple of glasses of red. Still, I'll feel good in the morning for the drive up to Glasgow where unfortunately the celebration drinks will be on hold till I get home.

Bad Martini
12-03-2016, 08:51 PM
I'm remarkably not bothered a jot and have been the same all week. Listening to some vintage Metallica to pass the time.

That might change come beer o'clock tomorrow though :greengrin

Ahh, the black album. Not really "vintage" as per the vintage era of puppets etc but by todays timestamp and standards, much vintage.

(Sandman...the hell for every guitar shop owner....play it JUST to piss them off, then opt not to buy the new axe with a big disgusted look at said axe and a big "Nahhhhhh", as you run out the shop, laughing maniacally).

In other news, James Hatfield to play the cowardly lion in the next Oz remake :greengrin

TAHibby
12-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Hardly thought about it all week, but today. ****

HH81
12-03-2016, 09:00 PM
Chilling then bed for me soon. Long drive up tomorrow.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-03-2016, 09:06 PM
The hibs DVDs are going on shortly, starting with 50 goals against hearts as that always gets me in the mood.
Mr Latapy has my copy of that!

Schteff
12-03-2016, 09:28 PM
'bout to open my 3rd beer, can't see me sleeping tonight even with the aid of alcohol :rolleyes::gwa:

superfurryhibby
Totally munted. Budgies eye and a nice bottle of Rioja have settled the nerves nicely. In the house on my Jack Jones and heading for the sofa and last nights episode of Vikings, then an early night. Going to miss out on my habitual match of the day when there's no lady distraction routine, oh yes!

Sleep tight Hibee people x

VivaHiberņa
A wee(ish :wink:) Glenlivet and a film.

Watch an inspirational movie that will help to get things in perspective. There are worse things in life than losing a cup final but human spirit will ensure you win eventually.

I recommend Mandela(obviously:wink:), Ghandi, Life is beautiful, Schindler's list or even Schawshank redemption.

Wake up tomorrow inspired.:flag:

Ooft. And there's me thinking The Acid House. :hilarious

Maybe Fargo at a push.

Bishop Hibee
12-03-2016, 10:27 PM
Enjoyed roast leg of lamb with full trimmings accompanied by an excellent rioja. Now on Innes and Gunn original. Should sleep well tonight!

Pete
12-03-2016, 10:59 PM
Getting some carling cider down my neck as I'll be up until about three. YouTube is going to take a hammering tonight.

Jamesie
12-03-2016, 11:11 PM
Was over in Dublin for the day for the Ireland v Italy match in the 6 Nations. Planned on having a few on my return but my Garmin says I walked 12 miles over the course of the day so unsurprisingly I'm knackered now give it's probably the most I've been on my feet in a day this year. Spotted three or four Dublin Hibbys on the flight back to Edinburgh! :flag::flag:

lyonhibs
12-03-2016, 11:35 PM
Back in my bird's brothers flat having had a tasty Samuel Smiths organic ale with hibs0666 - who may be well on the way to the bottom of a cask somewhere - in the Allison Arms.

Topper of a night, Chelsea getting pumped and a decent curry to boot. See you all maņana.

12-03-2016, 11:46 PM
I'm not usually one to get all nervy, but I'm getting all nervy.

Thank god I started drinking hours ago.

Mon Hibs!

magnificent_seven
12-03-2016, 11:54 PM
Getting that nervy way now. A bottle of Pinot Grigiot has helped matters though, hopefully get at least a couple of hours kip...

Eyrie
13-03-2016, 12:29 AM
I find myself lurking on .net.

Ronniekirk
13-03-2016, 12:48 AM
Just back home from the Wet Wet Wet concert Surprisingly I enjoyed it once they got the sound system sorted Referenced the late great underrated John Martyn and Played his song May You Never .
Sitting sipping a red Desperados May you never lay your head down , or get into a Bar room fight ,May you never loose your lover overnight . A classic
Not expecting to get much sleep ,up early out for a walk and then head to Glasgow with my daughter and son for breakfast ,and then first drink of the day Iin Shawlands and then just go with the flow and soak up the Beer and Atmosphere .
Hoping we can do it tomorrow

SteveHFC
13-03-2016, 12:54 AM
Just back home from the Wet Wet Wet concert Surprisingly I enjoyed it
https://33.media.tumblr.com/3c8659856a4832cbce376f215d50bd1a/tumblr_mrl1860avr1rro3lko1_400.gif

stoneyburn hibs
13-03-2016, 12:55 AM
https://33.media.tumblr.com/3c8659856a4832cbce376f215d50bd1a/tumblr_mrl1860avr1rro3lko1_400.gif

Brilliant lol.

Ronniekirk
13-03-2016, 12:56 AM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160313/05000b2d3f014d4ee4625ab32bc11567.jpg

Ozyhibby
13-03-2016, 12:58 AM

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Ozyhibby
13-03-2016, 01:01 AM
Wasn't that arsed about the cup final until yesterday (sat) as I was much to caught up in promotion is everything. Now I'm bouncing for the morning. Just had a pint in my local and off to bed before brekkie in the white lady. Queen's Park club after that. C'mon the Hibs.

FranckSuzy
13-03-2016, 03:47 AM
Just in, could be a long day :tee hee: Aldo, I have your tickets though :thumbsup:

hibs0666
13-03-2016, 06:53 AM
Back in my bird's brothers flat having had a tasty Samuel Smiths organic ale with hibs0666 - who may be well on the way to the bottle of a cask somewhere - in the Allison Arms.

Topper of a night, Chelsea getting pumped and a decent curry to boot. See you all maņana.

Oh ma heid.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-03-2016, 07:59 AM
Oh ma heid.

When does The Allison Arms open today? Depending on which website you look at its either 1100 or 1230!:confused:

Ronniekirk
13-03-2016, 08:09 AM
When does The Allison Arms open today? Depending on which website you look at its either 1100 or 1230!:confused:

If it's not open at 11 pop along to Kelly's

itslegaltender
13-03-2016, 08:15 AM

The best Gif since Daffy Duck. Brilliant.

Ronniekirk
13-03-2016, 08:20 AM
And even though it was at my expense ,I concede it made me laugh and that's no mean feat green grin

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-03-2016, 11:16 AM
If it's not open at 11 pop along to Kelly's

Just going to sit in Alfredos and get the bus to The Allison at back of 12.