PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running a bus on Sunday?

KeithTheHibby
10-03-2016, 08:18 PM
You can probably tell I am.:greengrin

Slightly confused by the instructions from Hibs.

I have been posted out a green poster with bus number and directions etc. for the bus driver as to where to park before the game.
Now the instructions state if you have a pass you are to park at the purple car park basically on Aitkenhead Road. Seems simple enough.

I phoned Hibs to see if the green bus poster is the same as a pass and she didn't fill me with confidence if being brutally honest. My mate who is running another bus doesn't think we have been issued a pass and shall be parking near Calder Street / Polmadie Road.

Anyone shed any light on this? I'll be phoning Hibs and Police Scotland tomorrow morning regardless as could really do with clarification as to where the bus is going to park.

hibeerealist
10-03-2016, 08:48 PM
Hi Keith

I have a bus and got same stuff sent by Hibs. The number on green paper is usual, had this every time. However, THE PASS for the purple car park is a first for me. It looks like the car park you pass going into the entrance for East stand, let me know how you get on with Hibs on this please..

I have been posted out a green poster with bus number and directions etc. for the bus driver as to where to park before the game.
Now the instructions state if you have a pass you are to park at the purple car park basically on Aitkenhead Road. Seems simple enough.

I phoned Hibs to see if the green bus poster is the same as a pass and she didn't fill me with confidence if being brutally honest. My mate who is running another bus doesn't think we have been issued a pass and shall be parking near Calder Street / Polmadie Road.

Anyone shed any light on this? I'll be phoning Hibs and Police Scotland tomorrow morning regardless as could really do with clarification as to where the bus is going to park.[/QUOTE]

monktonharp
10-03-2016, 08:55 PM

Anyone shed any light on this? I'll be phoning Hibs and Police Scotland tomorrow morning regardless as could really do with clarification as to where the bus is going to park.seems a bit ambiguous. we have several buses going, and received the bus numbers. our branch secretary never mentioned green, and never mentioned purple. normally Polmadie Rd, and if you get Aitkenhead Rd you have done ok as it's closer to the ground. In my opinion you will be directed by a polis man on a motorbike. you park there, awrite:wink:

HibeeMassive
10-03-2016, 09:09 PM

Anyone shed any light on this? I'll be phoning Hibs and Police Scotland tomorrow morning regardless as could really do with clarification as to where the bus is going to park.

The passes for the purple car park will have been limited to the first X no of buses. If you don't have a car park pass, just a window number then you will be parking up Calder St / Polmadie area.

As above though, you'll end up parking wherever a weegie polisman says so...

Pretty Boy
10-03-2016, 09:19 PM
I got green bus numbers but not parking pass. Not too bothered as the cricket club we are booked into is only 5 minutes drive from Calder Street where additional parking is, which in turn is 10 minutes walk from the ground.

It should be quicker getting away from there compared to the car park anyway.

Greencore
10-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Just wondering: any buses leaving or stopping at Dalkeith?