PDA

View Full Version : Dumbarton (H) - Postponement Requested

LancashireHibby
10-03-2016, 03:53 PM
@HibsOfficial
Due to the number of international call-ups Hibernian will be requesting that our match with Dumbarton on 26/3/16 is rearranged.
Should this request be granted we will confirm rearranged fixture details in due course.

Wasted train tickets but I knew the risk was there I suppose. At least it'll only be £14 lost this time as opposed to £100 the last international weekend!

Billy Whizz
10-03-2016, 04:00 PM
I wonder when we will fit this game in

Lancs Harp
10-03-2016, 04:33 PM
@HibsOfficial
Due to the number of international call-ups Hibernian will be requesting that our match with Dumbarton on 26/3/16 is rearranged.
Should this request be granted we will confirm rearranged fixture details in due course.

Wasted train tickets but I knew the risk was there I suppose. At least it'll only be £14 lost this time as opposed to £100 the last international weekend!

Thanks for posting, glad I held off buying my train tickets now.

Pete
10-03-2016, 04:46 PM
Surely home to Dumbarton is one of the games where we can deal with several absentees.

this will just cause more congestion later on.

Onceinawhile
10-03-2016, 04:58 PM
Surely home to Dumbarton is one of the games where we can deal with several absentees.

Because we have a good record against them right enough.

hibbysam
10-03-2016, 05:03 PM

We're struggling for a midfield already without playing without Henderson and McGinn as well! It may just allow us to get some key players back in what will be a vital game in our bid for second place now. We can't take any chances at all.

macca70
10-03-2016, 05:13 PM
Pity as that's Easter weekend, good to have a game to go to over Easter weekend.

That'll now be a Sautrday 3pm KO rearranged for a Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Pete
10-03-2016, 05:20 PM
We're struggling for a midfield already without playing without Henderson and McGinn as well! It may just allow us to get some key players back in what will be a vital game in our bid for second place now. We can't take any chances at all.

S'pose. On reflection I'm not sure what our team would look like with all the injuries in that department.

macca70
10-03-2016, 05:48 PM
Think it's a double header, 2 extra games McGinn could do without.

Fantastic for him to breakthrough to the Scotland team though and more pennies for us if he moves on in the future with a few international caps

declan macmanus
10-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Think it's a double header, 2 extra games McGinn could do without.

Fantastic for him to breakthrough to the Scotland team though and more pennies for us if he moves on in the future with a few international caps

McGinn is only in the squad for the Denmark game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ekhibee
10-03-2016, 06:27 PM
So no league games at home in March then. Our next home game would be 5/4/16 against Livvie. It's a Tuesday.

jgl07
10-03-2016, 06:29 PM
@HibsOfficial

You can reassign your advanced train tickets to a later date for a £10 fee provided you do it before the departure date.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2016, 06:30 PM
So no league games at home in March then. Our next home game would be 5/4/16 against Livvie. It's a Tuesday.

Looking like we are going to play 8 league games in April, and if beat Inverness in the replay, the Falkirk home game will get moved. Going to be a busy time, the price of success

ekhibee
10-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Looking like we are going to play 8 league games in April, and if beat Inverness in the replay, the Falkirk home game will get moved. Going to be a busy time, the price of success
Wow. When's the Sevco game?

CropleyWasGod
10-03-2016, 06:45 PM

There's a couple of U21 games as well, aren't there?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ruthven_raiders
10-03-2016, 06:46 PM

Price of success but when you are buying a season ticket for your kids, doesn't help when there hardly any home games on a Saturday or a weekend, school nights my eldest son can go but my youngest can't...scrapping replays will help.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Price of success but when you are buying a season ticket for your kids, doesn't help when there hardly any home games on a Saturday or a weekend, scholarships nights my eldest son can go buy my youngest can't...scrapping replays will help.

I take along a little 8 year old as well, and he can't go to night games either, though it looks like he may make the Livvi game on the Tuesday night, as it's the school holidays

cabbageandribs1875
10-03-2016, 06:57 PM
Dumbarton game would have been our first home game after cup final, which i imagine we would have been parading any cup win :cb may as well put it off until may, parade both cups instead :greengrin

ruthven_raiders
10-03-2016, 07:26 PM

Surely with the number of games we are playing, hibs could have spoken to the coaching staff of Scotland and let Henderson and McGinn miss the internationals coming up, too many games can cause injuries and long term problems

Billy Whizz
10-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Surely with the number of games we are playing, hibs could have spoken to the coaching staff of Scotland and let Henderson and McGinn miss the internationals coming up, too many games can cause injuries and long term problems

The under 21's are playing qualifying games on the dates, although qualification looks slim.
Getting McGinn capped, may add some value to him

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-03-2016, 07:34 PM
I know a lot of these changes can't be helped but it's relentless at the moment. I thought playing in this pish league would at least guarantee more Sat 3pm ko's but it's not the case at the moment. Not making it easy for the club trying to shift season tickets soon. I'll still be there but the thought of watching Dumbarton on a Tuesday night is pretty grim.

monarch
10-03-2016, 08:35 PM
I know a lot of these changes can't be helped but it's relentless at the moment. I thought playing in this pish league would at least guarantee more Sat 3pm ko's but it's not the case at the moment. Not making it easy for the club trying to shift season tickets soon. I'll still be there but the thought of watching Dumbarton on a Tuesday night is pretty grim.

Watching Hibs play Dumbarton on 2 previous occasions on a Sat afternoon was even grimmer :boo hoo:

Zazu62
10-03-2016, 08:39 PM
It's Dumbarton Ffs I take it we don't have any young players that can play anymore ?

bigwheel
10-03-2016, 08:41 PM
It's Dumbarton Ffs I take it we don't have any young players that can play anymore ?

You realise they have beaten us twice this season don't you ?

stantonhibby
10-03-2016, 08:46 PM

Yeah let's just play a weakened team

Eyrie
10-03-2016, 08:48 PM
Booooooooooo!!!

Haven't been able to make a game for a while and I'd been looking forward to the Dumbarton game as I was free that weekend.

G B Young
10-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Annoying news. We were planning an Easter family lunch at the stadium before the game that day.

I really don't get the point of Scotland playing these games when they're not even going to be at the Euros (as usual) and don't have a meaningful match for months. Fingers crossed McGinn doesn't pick up an injury.

Sir David Gray
10-03-2016, 11:49 PM

They've got the best record against us this season, along with Sevco. I highly doubt we'll be looking to take them lightly!

HibeeEmma
11-03-2016, 12:12 AM
They've got the best record against us this season, along with Sevco. I highly doubt we'll be looking to take them lightly!

Hopefully they will continue on good form this Saturday against Falkirk and do us a favour

Borderhibbie76
11-03-2016, 08:13 AM

Yeah coz we have such a great record against them this season don't we??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

FromTheCapital
11-03-2016, 12:47 PM

Really?? Cause I'm sure McGinn would be delighted if Hibs denied him his first Scotland cap!!

hibee_girl
15-03-2016, 08:25 AM
Do we know if this has definitely been postponed yet?

hibbybob
15-03-2016, 08:51 AM
HSL are having their AGM at 2.30 that day.
It's being held Behind The Goals.
That suggests the game has already been postponed.

BH Hibs
15-03-2016, 12:06 PM
Do we know if this has definitely been postponed yet?

Why does it take so long for these twats at the SPFL to make a decision and to communicate it to the fans. The request meets the conditions we want to exercise the option what's to ****ing decide. Even if it's the rearranged date they could just say the games off and fixture to be rearranged. :grr:

Billy Whizz
15-03-2016, 01:57 PM
HSL are having their AGM at 2.30 that day.
It's being held Behind The Goals.
That suggests the game has already been postponed.

Still a live fixture on Hibs and SPFL websites

LancashireHibby
15-03-2016, 03:29 PM
@spflnews
New date | @HibsOfficial v @Dumbartonfc now Tuesday April 26, ko 7.45pm (postponed on Mar 26 due to international call-ups) #LadbrokesChamp

tigerted
15-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Going to Prague for the Scotland game and booked an expensive flight back on the Saturday morning to get home in time for this game. Now it's moved! 😠

Buc
15-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Away to Spain for a week and happy that I wasn't missing any home games, now missing 2😡😡