PDA

View Full Version : Soft Players

southsider
10-03-2016, 02:31 PM
I really think the game down south is going to hell in a handcart. Hazzard swapping shirts at half-time ? What was that all about ? Then him and Costa going off with very little wrong with them. Alex Cropley suffered 4 broken legs but he had the heart of a lion. Wee Jimmy Johnstone got kicked up and down but still came back for more. And plenty more like those two. Anyway we have a REAL cup-final on Sunday.... God Bless the Hibs.

jgl07
10-03-2016, 07:49 PM
Aye modern players are far too soft.

Bert Trautmann played the last 20 minutes or so of an FA Cup final with a broken neck.

All they needed was a splash from the magic sponge from the trainer's bucket.

Now Chritiano Ronaldo has to be subbed if he is having a 'bad hair day'.

Scouse Hibee
10-03-2016, 07:53 PM
The tired after two games in a week gets me. I remember Liverpool playing on all fronts and winning the league having only used 13 players all season.

HibsNutter
10-03-2016, 07:59 PM
The game is played at a faster pace nowadays, with greater physical demand required to play at a higher standard. That's why the slightest knock can sometimes force a player off, especially in the champions league which is the highest level of football in the world.

Giro Playboy
10-03-2016, 08:07 PM
I really think the game down south is going to hell in a handcart. Hazzard swapping shirts at half-time ? . I think that had something to do with Hazzard trying to engineer himself a move to PSG

Giro Playboy
10-03-2016, 08:08 PM
Aye modern players are far too soft.

Bert Trautmann played the last 20 minutes or so of an FA Cup final with a broken neck.

'. Trautmann was a German paratrooper during the war and a POW...........they don't make em like that anymore