PDA

View Full Version : Extra time and penalties...

GreenCastle
10-03-2016, 01:45 PM
Is a possibility...

Who would you have taking Hibs penalties and which order..

SeanWilson
10-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Stokes, McGinn, Hendo, Thomson, Cummings.

GreenCastle
10-03-2016, 01:55 PM
Stokes
Cummings
Henderson
Thomson
Mcginn
Gray

The rest.....??!

Was our last shoot out that game against Hamilton? KT and Cummings missed that day :hide: - McGivern / OTJ and Craig scored for us...

lucky
10-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Stokes, McGinn, Hendo, Thomson, Cummings.

So two loan players and two that missed in our last shoot out

The Sundance Kid
10-03-2016, 02:10 PM
Stokes
Cummings
Henderson
Thomson
Mcginn
Gray

The rest.....??!

Was our last shoot out that game against Hamilton? KT and Cummings missed that day :hide: - McGivern / OTJ and Craig scored for us...

It was against Dundee United in last year's League Cup Quarter Final. Allan, Hanlon, Harris, Craig, Malonga and Stanton all scored (obviously none of them will be playing) while Kennedy and Gray missed

Hibby Mike
10-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Is a possibility...

Team Captain up first.
Gray
Stokes
Henderson
Cummings
Keatings

patlowe
10-03-2016, 02:17 PM
Guys like Henderson and McGinn put in such a power of running that they have often been tiring towards the end of recent matches - this was particularly noticeable against Hearts and ICT. For that reason I hope this game doesn't go to extra time!

GreenCastle
10-03-2016, 02:18 PM
It was against Dundee United in last year's League Cup Quarter Final. Allan, Hanlon, Harris, Craig, Malonga and Stanton all scored (obviously none of them will be playing) while Kennedy and Gray missed

Ahh forgot about that shootout!

Odd none of them playing...how times change!

HiBremian
10-03-2016, 02:20 PM
Guys like Henderson and McGinn put in such a power of running that they have often been tiring towards the end of recent matches - this was particularly noticeable against Hearts and ICT. For that reason I hope this game doesn't go to extra time!

I'd put McGregor in for Hendo. Powerful shot, stronger psychologically. :agree:

SeanWilson
10-03-2016, 02:26 PM

So because they are loan players, they don't care? Better leave them in the stands then... :rolleyes:

Stokes - will just burst the net, no pressure. McGinn - cool as a cucumber, as is Henderson. Thomson, i reckon would just slot it home... Cummings - cant see him f'ng up penalty in such high stakes again and think he'd love it.

Vini1875
10-03-2016, 02:27 PM
If extra time is played I can't see Stokes or Thomson still being on the pitch. Maybe if Thomson has came on as a sub but I would expect Stokes to be on from the start.

Northernhibee
10-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Jase
McGinn
Stokes
Fonts
McGregor

Goal scorers then cool heads.

GreenCastle
10-03-2016, 02:35 PM
Could Dagnall be on and score his 1st for the club in a shootout!!

HibsNutter
10-03-2016, 02:44 PM

Or two players who wouldn't buckle under pressure and give us the best chance of winning? Get the best takers on first, as in some cases shoot outs don't get to the fifth taker...

Cummings, Stokes, Henderson, McGinn, I'd definitely have taking one, then whoever feels confident enough to step up.

Hibeesmad
10-03-2016, 04:35 PM
Cummings, Stokes, Hendo, Gray, McGinn.

snedzuk
10-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Is a possibility...

Oxley to win it with the 11th penalty

Argylehibby
10-03-2016, 07:01 PM
Oxley to win it with the 11th penalty

Not a pop at Ox but has he ever saved a penalty playing for us?

Back on track tho. Cummings, gray, McGinn, Keatings/Farid (on as a sub) stokes

jgl07
10-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Stokes
Cummings
Henderson
Thomson
Mcginn
Gray

The rest.....??!

Is that the only penalty shoot out Hibs have lost? I can't recall another.

I do remember a number of wins including one at Aberdeen in a Scottish Cup replay and one against Rangers at Hampden in a League Cup semi-final against Rangers (whatever happened to them?).

MKHIBEE
10-03-2016, 07:50 PM

I do remember a number of wins including one at Aberdeen in a Scottish Cup replay and one against Rangers at Hampden in a League Cup semi-final against Rangers (whatever happened to them?).

We lost to Leeds in the old Fairs Cup in 1973 at Easter Road after 2 goalless draws.

cabbageandribs1875
10-03-2016, 07:54 PM
We lost to Leeds in the old Fairs Cup in 1973 at Easter Road after 2 goalless draws.

it was the UEFA cup in 73, sir patrick of stanton the culprit from the spot :(

36,000 att

HibsNutter
10-03-2016, 08:00 PM

Dundee United in the LC last season, David Gray missed the decisive pen

MKHIBEE
10-03-2016, 09:03 PM

36,000 att

I stand corrected, our previous encounter with Leeds was the Fairs Cup

CropleyWasGod
10-03-2016, 10:23 PM

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
10-03-2016, 10:49 PM
If it goes to et imho we wont make it to pens

dchibs
10-03-2016, 10:59 PM

36,000 att
ye hit the post.

hibee-boys
10-03-2016, 11:02 PM
The last thing we need is extra time and penalties, can't see Thomson lasting until the end of extra time, surely stokes is up to speed by now so hoping he'd last the distance. I'm going for McGinn, Henderson, Stokes, Keatings and Gray!

cabbageandribs1875
11-03-2016, 12:26 AM
I stand corrected, our previous encounter with Leeds was the Fairs Cup

yup, no shame in getting beat by the odd goal against the team that went on to win it that year, too young for getting to see that tie though, that was the season we put 5 past napoli and the legend that was Dino Zoff, Leeds also put out Sevco and then Dundee in the SF

ye hit the post.

i knew he had missed but didn't realise it hit the post(until now) couldn't see away up to the Dunbar End from the cow shed :greengrin

Onion
11-03-2016, 08:28 AM
Need to get the job done in 90. The players have had a long season and that new Hampden turf will kill legs.