PDA

View Full Version : Has there ever been a worse time to have a holiday?

Brunswickbill
09-03-2016, 11:41 PM
I booked a fortnight holiday in Florida last autumn leaving on 5 march and returning on 20 march. Missing a cup final and two semi finals. Has there ever been a worse time to be out of the country?

Sir David Gray
09-03-2016, 11:54 PM
I booked a fortnight holiday in Florida last autumn leaving on 5 march and returning on 20 march. Missing a cup final and two semi finals. Has there ever been a worse time to be out of the country?

I feel your pain brother.

Flying out to Gran Canaria on Sunday morning and won't be getting to the hotel until the end of the game.

To say I am gutted is putting it mildly.

monktonharp
10-03-2016, 12:14 AM
I booked a fortnight holiday in Florida last autumn leaving on 5 march and returning on 20 march. Missing a cup final and two semi finals. Has there ever been a worse time to be out of the country?on the plus side, if we are in the next LC final as holders, you can again book a holiday for March as it is been put back to the original November date for the final.

snooky
10-03-2016, 12:22 AM

Depends on the results :wink:

ArmadaleHibs
10-03-2016, 12:38 AM
Yeh, when your working in London week on week off and the final falls in the middle of your week ON. I hate the navy

Ggtth

lapsedhibee
10-03-2016, 06:52 AM
I booked a fortnight holiday in Florida last autumn leaving on 5 march and returning on 20 march. Missing a cup final and two semi finals.
Let's hope we beat ICT in the replay, but I don't think we were ever going to be in two SC semi-finals. We just don't have the squad depth.

TonyStokeprano
10-03-2016, 07:19 AM

What semi finals are you missing ??

Hibee87
10-03-2016, 07:32 AM
If we make it to the holy grail cup final I will let you know.....I fly to Ibiza for 2 weeks the wednesday before, I assume I will also miss some play off games. Never even thought about it last july when I booked the holiday.

The mrs has has been trying to convince us to fly back for the game should we make it though so you never know

hibee_girl
10-03-2016, 07:59 AM
We booked a holiday for end of May 2014, not even thinking we'd be anywhere near the play offs.

So we ended up being in a pub in Lanzarote watching us get relegated and to make it worse some Hamilton fans were also in that pub. It was awful and in a strange way I'd much rather have been at the game.

Hibee87
10-03-2016, 08:43 AM
We booked a holiday for end of May 2014, not even thinking we'd be anywhere near the play offs.

So we ended up being in a pub in Lanzarote watching us get relegated and to make it worse some Hamilton fans were also in that pub. It was awful and in a strange way I'd much rather have been at the game.

I was in Magaluf the opposite way around, watched the first leg in a Pub with coincidentally, 2 Hamilton fans (who were a good laugh even after defeat).......shame I was home for the return leg though :(

TrinityHibs
10-03-2016, 10:09 AM
I was sitting on a boat off the west coast for the second Hamilton game with no internet access or radio but intermittent phone signal. I got the second Hamilton goal by text about 20 minutes after they scored and then a drip of penalty texts coming in with the last one about half an hour after the game had finished. Not a good way to follow a game.

JimBHibees
10-03-2016, 10:14 AM
I was sitting on a boat off the west coast for the second Hamilton game with no internet access or radio but intermittent phone signal. I got the second Hamilton goal by text about 20 minutes after they scored and then a drip of penalty texts coming in with the last one about half an hour after the game had finished. Not a good way to follow a game.

Jeez that must have been torture.