PDA

View Full Version : Would we...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Sell more tickets if it was a Scottish Cup Final rather than League? If so, how many do you think?

jonny
09-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Personal opinion, yes. The holy grail would capture the imagination even more so than the league cup. I think that people would be more inclined to change plans or travel further for the Scottish. I'd guess we could get comfortably more than 35000 for a Scottish cup final

Malongoals
09-03-2016, 10:06 PM
We'd have less chance to, County took something ridiculous like 17,000 to the Scottish Cup final in 2010, so I doubt we'd be able to take much more than 30,000

Sergey
09-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Sell more tickets if it was a Scottish Cup Final rather than League? If so, how many do you think?

+1 from moi.

Sir David Gray
09-03-2016, 10:12 PM
If the opportunity was there, as it is for Sunday's match, then yes I believe that we would.

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2016, 10:15 PM
Probably but makes little sense to me, the holy grail is winning trophies. It's not as if winning the league cup is any easier than winning the Scottish cup so why people dismiss it is beyond me.

Sir David Gray
09-03-2016, 10:33 PM
Probably but makes little sense to me, the holy grail is winning trophies. It's not as if winning the league cup is any easier than winning the Scottish cup so why people dismiss it is beyond me.

It is for Hibs. :greengrin

I know in general there is less interest surrounding the League Cup than there is for the Scottish Cup but as far as we're concerned I think it's understandable. We haven't won the Scottish Cup for 114 years so whenever we do happen to get to a Scottish Cup final people are going to talk about it because if/when we finally do win it again, it would be a huge story.

HibsNutter
09-03-2016, 10:40 PM
Absolutely, I reckon from here on in we would snap up as many tickets as we could possibly obtain for a scottish cup final very quickly until we eventually win it. FWIW I think we will win it soon, it's become an obsession now. Good chance of getting to the final this year if we beat Caley, too. You never know what can happen in a one-off game, even against Celtic, with the squad mentality we have.

Hi Heid Yin
09-03-2016, 10:43 PM
Realistically there are really only 2 trophies that a club has chance of winning and neither are the league championship. Of the 2 cups (Scottish cup and League cup)both are major trophies and to my mind there is little difference in which trophy Hibs are playing to win. Supporting Hibs in a final is what is important. Singing Sunshine On Leith and tasting victory is all that matters. I'm sure there will be some who attach more importance to winning the Scottish cup and a few who will choose to attend that final only because of our history in failing to win it.

Ronniekirk
09-03-2016, 10:57 PM
W

Goes without saying Folk of my age worry we we nevever see it in our lifetime so you ain't going to risk not being there So if we had a decent team in with a shout of the Holy Grail they would be locking us out and tickets would be like gold dust IMO

Pete
09-03-2016, 11:01 PM

:agree:

There are enough people on the outside running it down so it's sad to see our own fans doing so by placing so much importance on the Scottish Cup.

None of this "holy grail" pish, they are exactly the same in my eyes.

monktonharp
09-03-2016, 11:09 PM
We'd have less chance to, County took something ridiculous like 17,000 to the Scottish Cup final in 2010, so I doubt we'd be able to take much more than 30,000I thought it was 15k but never mind. If it was against Ross. Co then yes we'd sell much more if available. on the downside, if it was Celtic, we have had some torrid times against them in Scottish cup finals. 1-6,0-3,and 0-3 of late.not to mention the unmentionable:wink:

silverhibee
09-03-2016, 11:53 PM

C'mon lad, you have seen your Liverpool side win many trophies over and over, no Hibs fan in there life (Jonnyboy may be the exception :greengrin) has seen a Hibs team lift the Scottish Cup, it's the holy grail to us and you now, my old man who has now passed would always say to me after each time we got knocked out the Scottish cup, " always next year" he was 74 and I'm sure there is many folk with the same story or others like it.

Being with my Dad and son when we won the League cup in 07 was the best hibs day I had, and the tear in my Dads eye was a nice moment and the best Hibs day for him with us.

I'm coming up for 50 and starting to worry. :greengrin

silverhibee
09-03-2016, 11:58 PM
W

Goes without saying Folk of my age worry we we nevever see it in our lifetime so you ain't going to risk not being there So if we had a decent team in with a shout of the Holy Grail they would be locking us out and tickets would be like gold dust IMO

Should be moved to Murrayfield so we could sell more tickets. :cb

silverhibee
10-03-2016, 12:02 AM

There are enough people on the outside running it down so it's sad to see our own fans doing so by placing so much importance on the Scottish Cup.

Not true.

Win the Scottish cup and you get in to Europe, win the League cup and you get the cup and not in to Europe.

So they are not the same. :na na:

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2016, 12:08 AM
We've taken between 30 (Killie) and 40K (Dunfermline) to League Cup finals. The League Cup finals (Livy, Ross County) have often been circumstances where we've had no limits on tickets available to the club.

Assuming we have a ceiling on about 40K for demand for LC final tickets, I'm not sure it would be that much more for the Scottish Cup. I'd like to think 60 K but I'd say perhaps 50k tops.

I agree with Scouse Hibby and the League Cup. Both ourselves and the Jambos (because of our jinx) tend to exaggerate the status of the Scottish Cup. It doesn't mean a great deal more than the League Cup to other clubs. Yes, Ross County took 17,000 last season as opposed to 8,000, but a lot of that can be explained by it being the novelty of their first final.

The League Cup, with its seeding, is probably a more difficult tournament to win than the Scottish Cup. Yes, we've messed up in the finals, but I can recall Hibs practically being handed free passes to semis and finals in the SC.

Pete
10-03-2016, 12:52 AM
Not true.

Win the Scottish cup and you get in to Europe, win the League cup and you get the cup and not in to Europe.

So they are not the same. :na na:

They are the same when it comes to how difficult they are to win. The only difference is teams like Gala Fairydean being in one and not the other.

Europe shmeurope.

HibeeEmma
10-03-2016, 03:01 AM

No one said it's easier but the SC brings a lot of heart felt emotion with it for passed relatives who never saw Hibs lift the cup and being there on the day to witness celebrations of breaking the voodoo.

JimBHibees
10-03-2016, 08:44 AM

Agree we can realistically only win 2 trophies and this is one, it should not be devalued in any way it is the same teams you are playing in each tournament.

JimBHibees
10-03-2016, 08:46 AM

Totally agree.

Captain Trips
10-03-2016, 08:50 AM
I cannot wait for the day we can maybe even slightly dismiss this cup to any point as we will be pushing for league titles and trying to get into CL. Until that happens for me every single trophy is 100% the same, its all about the day. I have had 2 and I want more.

Golden Bear
10-03-2016, 08:52 AM
Nope.

A Hampden Cup Final is a Hampden Cup final and they don't come along very often for us.

GreenCastle
10-03-2016, 09:43 AM
What about championship v league cup.

For me league cup all day - we have won the championship before and while a good memory the cup finals are special.

This season obviously we wanted to win league and will probably end up in playoffs but I would take a special day at hampden over winning the league. A league may be over a longer period of time but this is the Scottish championship and not main league.