Stokes Cummings

berwickhibee
09-03-2016, 11:48 AM
I'd go for 3:5:2

Oxley

Gunnarson Mcgregor Fontaine

Gray Henderson Bartley Mcginn Stevenson

Stokes Cummings

this for me:thumbsup: gunnarson played well on sunday and a back 3 suits him.

Since90+2
Ross County are a very well organised side who will be expecting us to play the usual diamond and have probably trained accordingly this week. If we do I can see it being very tight and the game could go either way.

I would play Boyle and Farid (if fit) to give us an extra dimension in terms of pace and width plus the aerial threat of Farid. Cant see Stubbs going for it though.

frazeHFC
Is it not only 5 subs for the cup, or has that changed?

TheFamous1875
09-03-2016, 11:49 AM
I can only see it being:

Oxley.

Gray. McGregor. Fontaine. Stevenson.

Bartley.
Thomson. McGinn.
Henderson.

Cummings. Stokes.

frazeHFC
09-03-2016, 11:49 AM

Oxley

Stokes Cummings

This team for me too, looks good!

MWHIBBIES
09-03-2016, 11:50 AM

Oxley

Stokes Cummings

Yep, that is the winning team/formation.

CallumLaidlaw
09-03-2016, 11:53 AM
Ross County are a very well organised side who will be expecting us to play the usual diamond and have probably trained accordingly this week. If we do I can see it being very tight and the game could go either way.

I would play Boyle and Farid (if fit) to give us an extra dimension in terms of pace and width plus the aerial threat of Farid. Cant see Stubbs going for it though.

I don't know. They'll know we have lined up as a 3-5-2 regularly, and will redognise that we played much better when we changed to that formation on Sunday.

09-03-2016, 11:53 AM
Thoughts?

I'd go for:

Oxley

Gray Mcgregor Fontaine Stevenson

Bartley Fyvie

Henderson Mcginn

Stokes Cummings

Subs:
Virtanen
Gunnarson
Thomson
Keatings
Boyle
El Alagui
Dagnall

If Fyvie does make it I highly doubt he would start, he'll be on the bench at best.

I'd go with:

Oxley
Gray
Fontaine
McGreagor
Stevenson
Henderson
McGinn
Bartley
Boyle
Cummings
Stokes

HibsNutter
09-03-2016, 11:58 AM
Picks itself with Hanlon and McGeouch out tbh:

Oxley
Gray
McGregor
Fontaine
Stevenson
Thomson
McGinn
Bartley
Henderson
Stokes
Cummings

GreenOnions
09-03-2016, 11:59 AM
If we assume Fyvie will not be fit enough to start I think we may start with the same 11 who were on the field once McGeouch went off last Sunday but with Cummings in for Keatings:

.......................Oxley

......Gunnarson..McGregor..Fontaine

Gray..............Thomson.............Stevenson
.........Henderson..........McGinn

............Cummings...Stokes

Subs: Virtanen, Bartley, Carmichael, Boyle, Keatings, El Alagui, Fyvie/Dagnall

I think Thomson's range of passing would keep him in the team ahead of Bartley in my view. Bartley can be on the bench in case Thomson gets an early booking.

Smartie
09-03-2016, 12:00 PM
I can only see it being:

Oxley.

Bartley.
Thomson. McGinn.
Henderson.

Cummings. Stokes.

I agree, that's exactly what I think Stubbs will go for.

I don't think it's the best team though.

I'm not a diamond fan, I'm not sure we should play Bartley AND Thomson and I'm still wary of the Stokes/ Cummings partnership.

I'd go for

Oxley

Gunnarson
McGregor
Fontaine

Gray
McGinn
Bartley
Henderson
Stevenson

Stokes
Keatings

Still gives us options off the bench that can keep the set-up the same or allows us to change it if necessary.

TheFall
09-03-2016, 12:01 PM
i can only see it being:

oxley.

Gray. Mcgregor. Fontaine. Stevenson.

Bartley.
Thomson. Mcginn.
Henderson.

Cummings. Stokes.

snap!

AlbertK86
09-03-2016, 12:36 PM
If we assume Fyvie will not be fit enough to start I think we may start with the same 11 who were on the field once McGeouch went off last Sunday but with Cummings in for Keatings: .......................Oxley ......Gunnarson..McGregor..Fontaine Gray..............Thomson.............Stevenson .........Henderson..........McGinn ............Cummings...Stokes Subs: Virtanen, Bartley, Carmichael, Boyle, Keatings, El Alagui, Fyvie/Dagnall I think Thomson's range of passing would keep him in the team ahead of Bartley in my view. Bartley can be on the bench in case Thomson gets an early booking.

Carmichael definitely out unfortunately

Dom'sFirstTouch
09-03-2016, 12:56 PM
I'd go for the 3-5-2 with Gunnarson in defence and Bartley in midfield. I think Stubbs will stick with the diamond though with Thomson and Bartley in midfield.

I was impressed with the Keatings/Stokes partnership but Cummings will come back in.

Can't wait.

liamh2202
09-03-2016, 01:05 PM

Oxley

Stokes Cummings

Id go with this but with boyle instead of lewis and gray as right cb with carmicheal on the other wing

Edit.. Just noticed Carmichael is definately out so gunnerson at the back and gray right mid

since90plustwo
09-03-2016, 01:40 PM
As much as he hasn't been at the races recently. Cummings NEEDS to start. Hes a big game player and his record this season against teams higher than ourselves is outrageous.

PiemanP
09-03-2016, 01:59 PM

Oxley

Stokes Cummings

That's the one. With Fyvie and McGeough out I don't think we've got the numbers or the right personnel for a midfield diamond. Let the full backs press on and Bartley mop up any breaks.

Stokes and Cummings were very good together first half v the yams remember.

Hibee87
09-03-2016, 02:06 PM

Oxley

Stokes Cummings

This will probably be the team as its near enough the one that finished on Sunday. Bartley or Thomson and cumming or keatings are the only maybes

leggeto
09-03-2016, 02:08 PM

Oxley

Stokes Cummings

That's the team I'd go with but it will be 4 at the back as stubbsy will be cautious,maybe he will go 3 at the back last 20

Edson Arantes
09-03-2016, 02:16 PM
I can only see it being:

Oxley.

Bartley.
Thomson. McGinn.
Henderson.

Cummings. Stokes.

:thumbsup:

jacomo
09-03-2016, 02:43 PM
I'd go 3-5-2 myself and try and use the width of the pitch.

I would also be tempted to start with Keatings over Cummings, because I am not sure Cummings and Stokes is working.

Cummings could come on for either from the bench.

Gray..............Bartley.............Stevenson

............Keatings...Stokes

Smartie
09-03-2016, 03:11 PM

I would also be tempted to start with Keatings over Cummings, because I am not sure Cummings and Stokes is working.

Not a million miles away from my team.

:wink:

MWHIBBIES
09-03-2016, 03:14 PM
That's the team I'd go with but it will be 4 at the back as stubbsy will be cautious,maybe he will go 3 at the back last 20Back 3 becomes back 5 in the blink of an eye, it isn't more offensive than a back 4.

Craigmount Hibs
09-03-2016, 03:18 PM
Carmichael definitely out unfortunately

Poor guy has had a nightmare with injuries. Do you know why he's definitely out?

TheFamous1875
09-03-2016, 03:21 PM
Back 3 becomes back 5 in the blink of an eye, it isn't more offensive than a back 4.

And a back 5 can become a front 5 in a blink of an eye - it IS more offensive than a back four :na na:

MWHIBBIES
09-03-2016, 03:25 PM
And a back 5 can become a front 5 in a blink of an eye - it IS more offensive than a back four :na na:Yeah, you're right. I meant that it isn't more likely to lose goals than a 4.

southern hibby
09-03-2016, 03:26 PM
Really not sure how AS will pick his team but that's his problem mines the hang over Monday ( probably a few more on here's problem too) but I'm all for Boyle ( if not starting) coming on with 30 minutes to go with a free roll to run at Ross county until he is completely and utterly knackered.

Alternatively if we are winning I would keep Boyle for the last 10 minutes to keep ball in their end and away from our goals. If they did score equalise then give Boyle free roll in extra time to run at them.

GGTTH

lord bunberry
09-03-2016, 04:49 PM

I'd drop Stokes before Cummings. I would love to see Cummings and El Alagui up front, on the few occasions Farid was fit last season they looked good together.

FromTheCapital
09-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Oxley

Gunnarsson
McGregor
Fontaine

Gray
Bartley
Henderson
McGinn
Stevenson

Stokes
Keatings/Cummings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlbertK86
09-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Poor guy has had a nightmare with injuries. Do you know why he's definitely out?

No I don't mate, just that Stubbs said only 4 definitely unavailable are Hanlon, McGeouch, Carmichael and Handling

supermcginn
09-03-2016, 05:28 PM
oxley

Gray Gunnarsson McGregor Fontaine Stevenson

Bartley

McGinn Henderson

stokes cummings

Aldo
09-03-2016, 05:34 PM
I'd go 3-5-2 myself and try and use the width of the pitch. I would also be tempted to start with Keatings over Cummings, because I am not sure Cummings and Stokes is working. Cummings could come on for either from the bench. .......................Oxley ......Gunnarson..McGregor..Fontaine Gray..............Bartley.............Stevenson .........Henderson..........McGinn ............Keatings...Stokes

Nearly same team however I'll swap Keatings with Cummings who is our top Goalscorer!

SeanWilson
09-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Nearly same team however I'll swap Keatings with Cummings who is our top Goalscorer!

Yup - that team, rested and full of confidence should see us lift the cup (touch wood, cross fingers etc etc) 😝

jacomo
09-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Not a million miles away from my team.

:wink:

You're right.

Could have saved myself the bother by just replying to your thread with a :agree:

Sorry bud!

erin go bragh
09-03-2016, 09:16 PM

Hamstring CH . Shame as he looked the part against Alloa . But so did Boyle and he's available.

GGTTH

Toldo123
11-03-2016, 07:26 AM
I worry about Thomson in the midfield. Is a big pitch and not sure he got the legs for lu anymore. Love it if he proved me wrong.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

bigwheel
11-03-2016, 07:38 AM
A couple of posters suggesting Farid should start - I like the guy, but he has barely played an hour of first team football all season and we would have to drop one of the other strikers (Stokes, Cummings?) to play him - can't see the logic in that call.

My outside bet is for Fyvie to start rather than Bartley.....Been training all week, seems to be fully fit.

SeanWilson
11-03-2016, 08:05 AM
I worry about Thomson in the midfield. Is a big pitch and not sure he got the legs for lu anymore. Love it if he proved me wrong.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Yam second leg at ER? Roughly same size pitch and he was brilliant for 60 minutes. I think we need calm for first half (first 20 minutes against ICT could have been really different) and he would bring that.

Crammond Hibee
11-03-2016, 12:20 PM

Oxley

Stokes Cummings

Has to be this
Strongest possible team at the moment
Gunnarson will be very important to mark one of their many Giants

flash
11-03-2016, 12:32 PM
I think Fyvie will start in a 4 man midfield with big Marvin, McGinn and Henderson.

mcfly
11-03-2016, 12:59 PM
Bartley must play been o/s recently

Absolutely crazy to start fyvie been out 6 weeks....

JimBHibees
11-03-2016, 01:01 PM

Would be really surprised if Fyvie came straight in however Stubbsy does like him but alot to expect him to be up to speed after the break.

Good option to have from the bench though

DTS
11-03-2016, 01:01 PM
If they think fyvie is fit to start then I'd pay a diamond with him Bartley mcginn and Henderson, although he's said he doesn't think he'll make more than the bench so id go wth Thomson. Also be tempted to go 3-5-2 with Thomson missing out for gunnarson

flash
11-03-2016, 01:02 PM

Just a wee feeling I have.

JimBHibees
11-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Yam second leg at ER? Roughly same size pitch and he was brilliant for 60 minutes. I think we need calm for first half (first 20 minutes against ICT could have been really different) and he would bring that.

Agree he was good in that game however he did have Bartley next to him. He competed well in the game last week and wouldnt altogether surprise me though personally think Bartley would provide much needed power in the midfield area.

bigwheel
11-03-2016, 01:06 PM
Just a wee feeling I have.

it's a fair shout...Fyvie has come back into the team overtime he has been fit to play...so think there's a decent chance

Unseen work
11-03-2016, 01:09 PM
I find it unbelievable some people are speaking about dropping Cummings.

The lad hasn't scored in 3 games....3!!!! He has been one of our most important players all season.

Keatings has scored 1 in 2 months and stokes 2. Neither have been playing too well.

Cummings will be one of the first names on the team sheet.

He will score.

Crammond Hibee
11-03-2016, 01:51 PM
Agree he was good in that game however he did have Bartley next to him. He competed well in the game last week and wouldnt altogether surprise me though personally think Bartley would provide much needed power in the midfield area.

Bartley for me
More mobile

southfieldhibby
11-03-2016, 02:12 PM
Stubbs has pretty much admitted the team is obvious and he's picked it already.

We'll start 4-4-2, it's a cert I think.

Ox

Gray
McGregor
Fontiane
Stevenson

Thomson
Bartley
McGinn
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes

fwiw, I'd like to play 3-5-2

Crammond Hibee
11-03-2016, 02:16 PM
Stubbs has pretty much admitted the team is obvious and he's picked it already.

We'll start 4-4-2, it's a cert I think.

Ox

Gray
McGregor
Fontiane
Stevenson

Thomson
Bartley
McGinn
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes

fwiw, I'd like to play 3-5-2

I think Gunnarson
Gray in midfield
Bartley
Kev on the bench

southfieldhibby
11-03-2016, 02:30 PM
I think Gunnarson
Gray in midfield
Bartley
Kev on the bench

Absolutely zero chance of Stubbs altering his team to a never before tried formation for the biggest game of his managerial career. Gray isn't a midfielder. He's a full back or wing back.

SeanWilson
11-03-2016, 02:37 PM
I think Gunnarson
Gray in midfield
Bartley
Kev on the bench

Can just seen AS on Sunday morning... F it David... i know you're a full back and i know you're the captain but i've decided the cup final is the best time to make that step forward to the tip of the midfield diamond.

Berwickhibby
11-03-2016, 02:42 PM

Oxley

Stokes Cummings

That's the team I would go with on Sunday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fergus52
11-03-2016, 02:44 PM

Oxley

Stokes Cummings

I'd go with this as well.

3-5-2 suits the big pitch at hampden, and having Bartley covering in the middle allows the wing backs to press high and let's gunnarson or Fontaine join attacks as well.

We'd need to make sure that stokes and Cummings don't get too isolated and start always dropping deep to get the ball, but having Henderson pushing forward like he did against Inverness should negate that problem.

Bit harsh dropping Keatings after his performance last week but dropping Cummings for a cup final would be hard to justify and I wouldn't drop stokes as the Keatings-Cummings partnership has never worked

Crammond Hibee
11-03-2016, 09:39 PM
Absolutely zero chance of Stubbs altering his team to a never before tried formation for the biggest game of his managerial career. Gray isn't a midfielder. He's a full back or wing back.

Right midfield
He played it a lot in his career
Second half of Caley game

Crammond Hibee
11-03-2016, 09:44 PM
Can just seen AS on Sunday morning... F it David... i know you're a full back and i know you're the captain but i've decided the cup final is the best time to make that step forward to the tip of the midfield diamond.

Not the tip of the diamond
Right midfield
It's virtually what he does anyway
Need Gunnarson for his height
Who said central midfield ?????????

SeanWilson
11-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Not the tip of the diamond
Right midfield
It's virtually what he does anyway
Need Gunnarson for his height
Who said central midfield ?????????

It was jest mate, but you're off your rocker if you think Stubbs will completely change the set up for Sunday. 😂

Edit: PS - Gray does not do a right midfielders role.

Ronniekirk
11-03-2016, 09:56 PM
A couple of posters suggesting Farid should start - I like the guy, but he has barely played an hour of first team football all season and we would have to drop one of the other strikers (Stokes, Cummings?) to play him - can't see the logic in that call.

My outside bet is for Fyvie to start rather than Bartley.....Been training all week, seems to be fully fit.

No way Farid will start imp Didn't even come off bench for I C T game
Never been a fan of putting in an injured played who are fit, but not match fit straight back in team in big games ,its a. risk but its Stubbs decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crammond Hibee
11-03-2016, 10:01 PM
It was jest mate, but you're off your rocker if you think Stubbs will completely change the set up for Sunday. 😂

Edit: PS - Gray does not do a right midfielders role.

Sean
This is the strongest team
He does a right midfielders role week in week out

Dashing Bob S
11-03-2016, 10:01 PM
If I were Stubbs I'd take the whole team out on Saturday night, get them behind the velvet rope in the VIP in some dodgy George Street establishment. I'd have a competition to see who could sink the most Jagerbombs, tequila shots and pints of strong lager, lines of charlie, and cavort with the most mercenary women.

I'd pick my team on that basis, as if we win the cup, it's going to be a party, and you want men you can rely on by your side.

SeanWilson
11-03-2016, 10:12 PM
Sean
This is the strongest team
He does a right midfielders role week in week out

Crammond, he doesn't.

Greencore
13-03-2016, 12:28 AM
Was on the Ross county forum and saw this posted

"Good few Hibs fans in town already. We were speaking to a group in the Horseshoe ... they have heard that Stokes is carrying an injury and likely to be on the bench and only good for the last 20 minutes ... here's hoping! BTW the bookies have Hibs as hot favourites ... pile on the County to treble your money!!!!!"

Anyone confirm this?

MWHIBBIES
13-03-2016, 02:31 AM
Was on the Ross county forum and saw this posted

"Good few Hibs fans in town already. We were speaking to a group in the Horseshoe ... they have heard that Stokes is carrying an injury and likely to be on the bench and only good for the last 20 minutes ... here's hoping! BTW the bookies have Hibs as hot favourites ... pile on the County to treble your money!!!!!"

Anyone confirm this?Likely utter pish. We also got to the final without Stokes playing a minute, they are daft if they think we rely on him that much.