PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket price freeze for next season

GreenCastle
09-03-2016, 09:39 AM
More details to be announced later today.

Win the cup and or ideally promotion and I am confident we will see an increase in season ticket sales.

A really important few months for the future of the club !

Since90+2
09-03-2016, 09:48 AM
If we are promoted sales will go up , if we are not sales will go down. The pricing wont make any difference IMO.

GreenCastle
09-03-2016, 09:51 AM
It would have been a scandal had they put them up - plus a massive risk not knowing which division we are in next season.

Curious to see if any early bird incentives / discounts as April 8th isn't too far away.

Andy74
09-03-2016, 09:51 AM
If we are promoted sales will go up , if we are not sales will go down. The pricing wont make any difference IMO.

We must go up. We can't keep the same numbers at the same prices for the same league minus the big games with Hearts or Rangers.

Sir David Gray
09-03-2016, 10:08 AM
There's no way they could have gone up when we still don't know which league we'll be in next season.

If we are still in the Championship prices should probably be reduced considering we won't have any Cat A games v Hearts or Sevco next season but I know that will never happen.

jodjam
09-03-2016, 10:12 AM
We must go up. We can't keep the same numbers at the same prices for the same league minus the big games with Hearts or Rangers.

Correct. It's an awkward one for the club but even with the feel good factor of a cup win and early bird some will hold off and wait to see what league were in.

Due to my circumstances and my family being at varying levels of loyalty points scheme, after 30+ years as a season ticket I reckon this will be my last

Big_Franck
09-03-2016, 10:22 AM
Do we really need to release the prices this early? It will put us in a very difficult situation if we fail to get promoted. If we end up charging Premiership season ticket prices for a Championship season without Rangers and Hearts I think the club will be shocked at the number we sell.

Add to that the significant problem that presents for individual match ticket prices (likely to still be 22 quid to watch Morton, Dumbarton etc.) and it will hit sales for individual games as well.

Did Rangers not wait until June last season to sell their season tickets? We would be much better holding off until after the play-offs before releasing the sales IMO. We could have two sets of prices ready depending on which division we are in, and we can have everything ready to go (marketing, admin side, emails ready to be sent to existing season ticket holders, HSL members etc.) so that we can start the sales late May/early June. If we can manage 27,000+ sales in a 2 week period for the cup final I am sure we can manage 8,000 or so sales from June to August.

ronaldo7
09-03-2016, 10:23 AM
It would have been a scandal had they put them up - plus a massive risk not knowing which division we are in next season.

Curious to see if any early bird incentives / discounts as April 8th isn't too far away.

Early bird discounts according to the Evening news article. :aok:

AL-Qaholik
09-03-2016, 10:32 AM
Seems crazy to announce this so early. There can be absolutely no justufication for keeping prices the same if we fail to get promoted. Really surprised by this. Seems completely counterproductive to me.

GreenCastle
09-03-2016, 10:36 AM
I think it's quite simple - announce early - hook people in and if we don't get promoted they have our money.

I hope the early bird does have some real incentive to renew early - can't remember an earlier announcement before ?

The news is coming out before the final with a feel good factor about and to get fans talking this weekend etc about next season.

CallumLaidlaw
09-03-2016, 10:44 AM
It isn't any earlier than normal. If people want a payment plan, it needs to start soon to get it spread over the 10 months.

EDIT - just checked and in fact we also announced this seasons ST details on the 9th March last year.

Peevemor
09-03-2016, 10:47 AM
Seems crazy to announce this so early. There can be absolutely no justufication for keeping prices the same if we fail to get promoted. Really surprised by this. Seems completely counterproductive to me.

Everyone appears to be happy with the standard of player we've been signing and LD has recently said that we're probably going to make a loss this year. What are the club meant to do?

In addition, I reckon that the club wan't the packages in place to use as an incentive in the event that we get to the SC semi or even final (no chickens being counted here though).

.Sean.
09-03-2016, 10:49 AM
It isn't any earlier than normal. If people want a payment plan, it needs to start soon to get it spread over the 10 months.

EDIT - just checked and in fact we also announced this seasons ST details on the 9th March last year.
Correct, the payment plan for this season (for me) was 11 payments of about 32 quid which started in April and finished in February.

TrinityHibs
09-03-2016, 10:50 AM

I would think the justification is to give the club as much money as possible to help get out of this league

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2016, 10:51 AM
Some good points made so far. It is indeed a tricky one: if we remain in the Championship, £400 for no Category A matches is a big ask; promotion and it's happy days. It will be interesting to see how effective the early bird incentive will be and how many decide to wait and see.

Carheenlea
09-03-2016, 10:54 AM
I buy my Season Ticket to watch Hibs, whether that be against Livingston or Ross County. Ideally we will be in the top flight, but if not, I'd want us to have the best chance of getting up next season with the best players we can afford.

HH81
09-03-2016, 10:54 AM
I think at £400.00 if go up then fair enough but If stay down a cup top up should be included.

That seems fair?

GreenCastle
09-03-2016, 10:56 AM
While we may have been playing some poor teams - the last 2 seasons have been my most enjoyable watching Hibs for a good number of years. Feel a better connection with manager and players plus Easter Road has been a happier more atmospheric place to be.

Lots to happen before then and results will probably decide what manager / players and league we end up in.

Scottish football is over priced as we know sadly.

I would be happy if they sorted out the food prices and speaker system in the east stand also as this also is part of the match day experience - but I go to watch the product on the park.

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2016, 11:00 AM
I buy my Season Ticket to watch Hibs, whether that be against Livingston or Ross County. Ideally we will be in the top flight, but if not, I'd want us to have the best chance of getting up next season with the best players we can afford.

You make a fair point, but at £400 for a third year in the Championship and with no big fixtures, there's bound to be more folk who will decide to pick and choose their games as a walk up. It's a big commitment for many.

GreenCastle
09-03-2016, 11:06 AM
Interesting to see what happens with the cup top up.

Thecat23
09-03-2016, 11:09 AM
We go up, I'll buy.

We don't go up, I'll buy.

But we're going up so it doesn't matter 😎

Big_Franck
09-03-2016, 11:12 AM
You make a fair point, but at £400 for a third year in the Championship and with no big fixtures, there's bound to be more folk who will decide to pick and choose their games as a walk up. It's a big commitment for many.

I agree which is why I see it being a risk. If they have charge 400 quid for a season ticket then it's likely to be £22 again for individual match tickets. That will not encourage a huge amount of walk-ups and will hit our income again. It's a tricky one though and I don't envy those making the decision at the club.

Just Alf
09-03-2016, 11:35 AM
From the news article

Leeann Dempster said: “Season ticket holders are vital to the success of this football club – quite simply the more season ticket holders we have the stronger our playing squad will be.

Read more: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-to-freeze-season-ticket-prices-for-2016-17-campaign-1-4053885#ixzz42P969mAG

hence the reason I'll be renewing! :aok:

:flag:

PatHead
09-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Has to be announced now for the payment plan to come into effect. As others have said I will be renewing but think one or two others might hold off until they see what division we are in.

Green Badger
09-03-2016, 12:19 PM

This 100% :agree:

bookert
09-03-2016, 12:59 PM
From the news article

Leeann Dempster said: “Season ticket holders are vital to the success of this football club – quite simply the more season ticket holders we have the stronger our playing squad will be.

Read more: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-to-freeze-season-ticket-prices-for-2016-17-campaign-1-4053885#ixzz42P969mAG

hence the reason I'll be renewing! :aok:

:flag:

and me

mutley
09-03-2016, 01:05 PM
We go up, I'll buy.

We don't go up, I'll buy.

But we're going up so it doesn't matter [emoji41]

That was my thoughts last season, even though I spent 6 months out of the country and didn't get to a game until December.

But I will really struggle to renew if we don't go up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monktonharp
09-03-2016, 01:13 PM
I think at £400.00 if go up then fair enough but If stay down a cup top up should be included.

That seems fair?:agree:perfectly fair. In fact even 2 free cup games at the start of each competition would be a good incentive.

lucky
09-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Payment plan and a early bird discount. Seems a good deal to me so I'm in

staunchhibby
09-03-2016, 03:29 PM
Will be renewing also.Be interesting to see what happens re cup matches at home.

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2016, 04:07 PM
Blindly renewing regardless of price,division or cup final result.

.Sean.
09-03-2016, 05:55 PM
Wonder when the payment plan option will be available online.

greenlex
09-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Im in. I go to watch Hibs. If thats the cost to see players the like we have then thats the price. I dont go to watch Rangers or Hearts or anyone else for that matter I go to watch My Team. Usual seat plus usual cup top up. Bring it on.

Jay
09-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Im in. I go to watch Hibs. If thats the cost to see players the like we have then thats the price. I dont go to watch Rangers or Hearts or anyone else for that matter I go to watch My Team. Usual seat plus usual cup top up. Bring it on.

No cup top ups offered this year.

We are in too, thought I'd decided not to renew because I feel the loyalty points devalue my ST. I'd be as well paying as I go BUT as soon as the email came in I knew I'd renew as usual :)

Sudds_1
09-03-2016, 06:31 PM
Payment plan and a early bird discount. Seems a good deal to me so I'm in

Trouble is.........I can't find the option to renew ST via payment plan. Keeps asking me for the full cash amount?

mim
09-03-2016, 06:37 PM
Trouble is.........I can't find the option to renew ST via payment plan. Keeps asking me for the full cash amount?

Not available yet

matty_f
09-03-2016, 06:38 PM
Wonder when the payment plan option will be available online.

The FAQ's say later this week mate. I went to renew just now but will need to wait til that option's available.

Sudds_1
09-03-2016, 06:42 PM

cheers!

.Sean.
09-03-2016, 06:42 PM
The FAQ's say later this week mate. I went to renew just now but will need to wait til that option's available.
:aok:

greenlex
09-03-2016, 08:21 PM
No cup top ups offered this year.

We are in too, thought I'd decided not to renew because I feel the loyalty points devalue my ST. I'd be as well paying as I go BUT as soon as the email came in I knew I'd renew as usual :)

So I see. Season only it is then.