PDA

View Full Version : Any witnesses to this?

Oscar T Grouch
08-03-2016, 11:27 AM
Seen this on my FB this morning and was pretty shocked, and disgusted. If anyone knows anything please help, we don't need this sort of element in our support.
I do not get the mindset of someone who can abuse a person for being disabled.

http://www.liveedinburghnews.org/transport-police-appeal-after-disabled-man-abused-by-hibs-supporters/

Salt N Sauzee
08-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Seen this on my FB this morning and was pretty shocked, and disgusted. If anyone knows anything please help, we don't need this sort of element in our support.
I do not get the mindset of someone who can abuse a person for being disabled.

http://www.liveedinburghnews.org/transport-police-appeal-after-disabled-man-abused-by-hibs-supporters/

S c u m

MrSmith
08-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Surely there is in car cctv?

Oscar T Grouch
08-03-2016, 11:35 AM
Surely there is in car cctv?

If not at least CCTV in the station they alighted. I really hope they catch the culprit/s.

Jumbo
08-03-2016, 11:37 AM
Wonder if it's the mob that caused all the trouble at the game ???
There will be cctv on train as well, so should be able to identify them.

McIntosh
08-03-2016, 11:39 AM
This is worthy of a life ban on its own. Zero tolerance to this hate crime.

ALF TUPPER
08-03-2016, 11:40 AM
****bags. Whoever they are,

Let's hope they're not Hibs supporters.
Surely CCTV on trains will help identify them and exactly what happened.

NAE NOOKIE
08-03-2016, 11:45 AM
FFS ...... ********s like this let us all down, bad enough at any time, but doing it wearing Hibs colours embarrasses us all ..... if any of them are reading this thread either grow up or stop supporting Hibs ... I for one don't want to be associated with you.

08-03-2016, 11:46 AM
****bags whoever they are. Hope they are caught ASAP and banned from our support. Don't need these ****ers embarrassing the club.

SeanWilson
08-03-2016, 11:48 AM
If there is one thing i cannot fathom about people, its the need to abuse someone less fortunate. Abssolute **** and i hope they get whats coming.

Peevemor
08-03-2016, 11:50 AM
It'd be good if the club put something on the official site.

wee davie
08-03-2016, 11:51 AM
Unfortunately theres ********s in most teams support, hopefully there was cctv so they can ban the idiots for life and chuck them in bar l for a wee holiday. ****bags

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
08-03-2016, 11:51 AM
That really is the lowest of the low. I sincerely hope they can be identified and dealt with appropriately both by the police and the Club (a Cup Final ban will do for starters)

It would be a great gesture if the Club could invite the disabled person to be their guest at Sunday's final.

JimBHibees
08-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Surely there is CCTV which can identify who has done this.

flash
08-03-2016, 11:53 AM
That really is the lowest of the low. I sincerely hope they can be identified and dealt with appropriately both by the police and the Club (a Cup Final ban will do for starters)

It would be a great gesture if the Club could invite the disabled person to be their guest at Sunday's final.

Aye as long as its not in the South Upper.

BoomtownHibees
08-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Has nobody thought of cctv?

JimBHibees
08-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Surely there is cctv which can identify who has done this.

Hermit Crab
08-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Surely there is CCTV which can identify who has done this.

Surely there is cctv which can identify who has done this.

Heard you the first time.

HappyHanlon
08-03-2016, 11:59 AM

That was my first thought.

BH Hibs
08-03-2016, 12:01 PM
There would be CCTV on train. Just an aside though whilst there is no need for any abuse of this kind the gentleman in question has been abusive himself to staff on more than one occasion. Not defending the actions of the group one bit as they shouldn't abuse him because he is disabled and they should have gave up their seats.

Hermit Crab
08-03-2016, 12:02 PM

I doubt it as I seen one of them got on a supporters bus after the game.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-03-2016, 12:03 PM
Of all the possible ways to tell the world just how inadequate you are, this stuff along with racism is amongst the lowest. ****bags who support Hibs maybe but ****bags first.

Hermit Crab
08-03-2016, 12:06 PM
There would be CCTV on train. Just an aside though whilst there is no need for any abuse of this kind the gentleman in question has been abusive himself to staff on more than one occasion. Not defending the actions of the group one bit as they shouldn't abuse him because he is disabled and they should have gave up their seats.

You have a pm buddy.

HappyHanlon
08-03-2016, 12:08 PM
I doubt it as I seen one of them got on a supporters bus after the game.

5 of them were on the train.

Hermit Crab
08-03-2016, 12:09 PM
5 of them were on the train.

As I recall there were only 3 main offenders at the game.

staunchhibby
08-03-2016, 12:47 PM
They are nothing but ****.Stay away we dont want your likes tarnishing our name and purporting to be a hibs supporter.

andyf5
08-03-2016, 06:22 PM

When I read the article the thing that occurred to me is how did he ask them to move? If you antagonize folk then you may get banter back, irrespective of your situation.

Having said that I've been in a couple of trains where our fans have been totally out of order.

Peevemor
08-03-2016, 06:33 PM
When I read the article the thing that occurred to me is how did he ask them to move? If you antagonize folk then you may get banter back, irrespective of your situation.

Having said that I've been in a couple of trains where our fans have been totally out of order.

He shouldn't have had to ask.

Pete
08-03-2016, 06:38 PM
He shouldn't have had to ask.

Maybe they had innocently sat there and weren't aware they were doing anything wrong?

lyonhibs
08-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Maybe they had innocently sat there and weren't aware they were doing anything wrong?

Maybe indeed. But upon being asked, they should have moved tout suite and of course not given the guy abuse for being disabled.

Absolute animals that are a disgrace to this club.

TheFall
08-03-2016, 06:46 PM
Pride comes before a fall.

A few short weeks ago dogmatic folk on this forum were getting wired into all yam fans over one of their numpties abusing a Kilmarnock player.

Couldn't help feeling at the time that it was only a matter of time before one of our numpties embarrassed us. Didn't take long.

Needless to say the dogmatic on the yam board will now be getting wired into us in a similar manner.

There are unfortunately good guys and ****s in all teams support so only a fool or someone with their tongue firmly in their cheek ever takes the moral high ground in such matters.

Pete
08-03-2016, 06:54 PM

A few short weeks ago dogmatic folk on this forum were getting wired into all yam fans over one of their numpties abusing a Kilmarnock player.

Couldn't help feeling at the time that it was only a matter of time before one of our numpties embarrassed us. Didn't take long.

Needless to say the dogmatic on the yam board will now be getting wired into us in a similar manner.

There are unfortunately good guys and ****s in all teams support so only a fool or someone with their tongue firmly in their cheek ever takes the moral high ground in such matters.

Aye right then.

cabbageandribs1875
08-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Aye right then.

very apt username though :greengrin

Pete
08-03-2016, 06:57 PM
Maybe indeed. But upon being asked, they should have moved tout suite and of course not given the guy abuse for being disabled.

Absolute animals that are a disgrace to this club.

To be honest, you or I have no idea what actually happened.

I'll wait until there are witnesses before I go branding people animals or shouting for lifetime bans.

P.s. I don't know anyone involved but people are jumping to conclusions already.

mim
08-03-2016, 06:57 PM
I was boarding that carriage at Queen Street Lower and saw the disabled guy shouting at people on the train and poking one of his sticks through the upper window at the 'offenders'. He shouted 'I'm not a *******'. I can only surmise that someone had used that term.

This group were drinking cans of beer and generally making a bit of noise, which is no big deal for me, except that there were young kids in their group.

cabbageandribs1875
08-03-2016, 07:00 PM

I'll wait until there are witnesses before I go branding people animals or shouting for lifetime bans.

P.s. I don't know anyone involved but people are jumping to conclusions already.

it's incredible :agree:

MyJo
08-03-2016, 07:10 PM

:hilarious :aok:

Peevemor
08-03-2016, 07:13 PM

I was brought up to offer my seat to anyone that needed it more than me.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-03-2016, 07:19 PM

How much did you donate towards the hire of that plane on Saturday?

Sir David Gray
08-03-2016, 07:23 PM
Disappointing to hear this although I would like to know what actually happened before casting aspersions.

TheFall
08-03-2016, 07:43 PM
How much did you donate towards the hire of that plane on Saturday?

Split it £300 a skull with two other Hibees.
Well worth it :flag:

TheFall
08-03-2016, 07:45 PM

Corr-******-rect

monktonharp
08-03-2016, 07:51 PM
I was brought up to offer my seat to anyone that needed it more than me.Me too, and my Ma would have skelped me if it was not done. However, no one has the full story as yet. The disabled man may have been abusive in the first instance and the young laddies may have innocently sat there, as we know things can all go tits up and blow up out of proportion. not defending abuse of anyone on their own with virtually no way of defending themselves though.

mim
08-03-2016, 08:24 PM
Me too, and my Ma would have skelped me if it was not done. However, no one has the full story as yet. The disabled man may have been abusive in the first instance and the young laddies may have innocently sat there, as we know things can all go tits up and blow up out of proportion. not defending abuse of anyone on their own with virtually no way of defending themselves though.

These were not young laddies. They were a mix of 30 to 40-year-olds.

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2016, 08:31 PM

Do we know this?

Aldo
08-03-2016, 08:40 PM

BTP haven't released any ages of those involved. CCTV will probably be released by them in a few days looking for assistance identifying them!

ALF TUPPER
08-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Defo Hibs fans? Do we know for sure ?

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2016, 09:27 PM
Two sides to every story. Despicable if it is actually as reported but so many things are twisted to make stories sound exactly the way the press like to portray football supporters as thugs.

Pretty Boy
08-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Two sides to every story. Despicable if it is actually as reported but so many things are twisted to make stories sound exactly the way the press like to portray football supporters as thugs.

Exactly my thoughts.

A whole load of supposition going on based on a pretty sketchy press article.

That's not to excuse any inappropriate behaviour that did occur but a bit balance and restraint wouldn't go amiss.

hibbymac
08-03-2016, 09:49 PM
Seems that some posters on here "know" some details of what happened, ehhh, might be worth contacting the relevant authorities.

From the article, .... "British Transport Police can be contacted on 0800 40 50 40 or by texting 61016 – quoting reference B176 of 8/3/2016. Information can also be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."

mim
08-03-2016, 09:52 PM
Seems that some posters on here "know" some details of what happened, ehhh, might be worth contacting the relevant authorities.

From the article, .... "British Transport Police can be contacted on 0800 40 50 40 or by texting 61016 – quoting reference B176 of 8/3/2016. Information can also be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."

I have already been in touch.

hibbymac
08-03-2016, 09:59 PM

Good for you, :aok:

TheFall
08-03-2016, 10:29 PM

I doth my metaphorical hat to you Sir.

Hermit Crab
09-03-2016, 12:41 AM

Source?

Mikey09
09-03-2016, 01:27 AM
I doth my metaphorical hat to you Sir.

Its doff not doth. Lucky you got your spelling right for your aeroplane stunt... :yw:

TheFall
09-03-2016, 02:14 AM
Its doff not doth. Lucky you got your spelling right for your aeroplane stunt... :yw:

I only got that right because one of the other two Hibees could spell :hibees

cabbageandribs1875
09-03-2016, 02:22 AM

it's doth in gorgski

hibbiedon
09-03-2016, 05:20 AM
Corr-******-rect
This trial by social media really annoys me, having worked with the public for many years and had several false accusations made against me or my colleagues I prefer to hear both sides of any story before condemning anyone. I would never dream of thinking that the wonderful Glasgow press would dream of even reporting anything in the slightest that was biased against Hibs but stranger things have happened

TheFall
09-03-2016, 11:39 AM

If the part about the guy being abusive to train staff in the past is correct it would suggest that he has probably verbally abused the Hibs 'fans' when he has seen them sitting in the disabled priority seats. They have probably reacted by verbally abusing him back.
Not in any way right but not the same as abusing someone verbally without provocation.

Without being there for the whole incident none of us know what happened.
All we know is what the media have published based on the scant detail provided to them by the Police.

CropleyWasGod
09-03-2016, 11:43 AM
This trial by social media really annoys me, having worked with the public for many years and had several false accusations made against me or my colleagues I prefer to hear both sides of any story before condemning anyone. I would never dream of thinking that the wonderful Glasgow press would dream of even reporting anything in the slightest that was biased against Hibs but stranger things have happened

It's not a Glasgow publication.

TheFall
09-03-2016, 11:49 AM

The bit about the press is daft.
There is no conspiracy.
Don't think the weegie press even think about our team.
Too busy refereeing the bigot brothers spats.

silverhibee
09-03-2016, 11:55 AM

I presume they had Hibs tops/scarfs on for them to be identified as Hibs supporters.

Not nice to hear, but maybe Scottish Police giving some info on what these people were wearing. colour of hair, size, how do we really know they were even Hibs fans.

silverhibee
09-03-2016, 11:59 AM

Were they defo Hibs fans though.

silverhibee
09-03-2016, 12:06 PM
It's not a Glasgow publication.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-hunt-group-hibs-fans-7516257#lMUzQ2WE6Cwa7mvg.97

AltheHibby
09-03-2016, 12:46 PM
It'd be good if the club put something on the official site.

Agreed. We don't need that type in our support.

Aldo
09-03-2016, 12:47 PM
At this moment in time a guy with some form of disability has been abused in some way by a group of males , 30-40 years old and they are believed to be Hibs Supporters.

Not knowing the full circumstances I would suggest that the CCTV on the train would easily identify those who allegedly carried out this supposed incident.

BTP will probably post images of those they wish to speak with in the coming days/weeks and this will be via their website and other media/social media outlets!!

If this has happened as it has been reported then it's well out of order however at this moment in time who knows what's going to come of it.

CropleyWasGod
09-03-2016, 12:49 PM
Agreed. We don't need that type in our support.

What type?

The type that jump to conclusions? :greengrin

snooky
09-03-2016, 12:56 PM
What type?

Italics by the looks of it. :wink:

Actually, I totally agree, CWG. Incidents can be so biasly reported & the Press are kingpins at it. Let's wait till some element of proof to what actually happened comes out before pointing fingers.

Smartie
09-03-2016, 01:09 PM
I wasn't at this Dumbarton game but I've been at every other one during our latest "adventure".

Obviously there was trouble at the game earlier this season.

There was also a bit of bother coming back from the 6-2 game last season, silly wee boys who were tanked up getting pretty aggressive with normal passers-by.

We could do without this sort of thing - if the guy has seen fit to go to the police then he must have been upset and there can be no justification or tolerance of behaviour of this kind towards a disabled man.

andyf5
09-03-2016, 01:15 PM
I wasn't at this Dumbarton game but I've been at every other one during our latest "adventure".

Obviously there was trouble at the game earlier this season.

There was also a bit of bother coming back from the 6-2 game last season, silly wee boys who were tanked up getting pretty aggressive with normal passers-by.

We could do without this sort of thing - if the guy has seen fit to go to the police then he must have been upset and there can be no justification or tolerance of behaviour of this kind towards a disabled man.

There shouldn't be bad behaviour towards any members of the public. If you are wearing your colours you are representing the club IMHO. I have been on two trains back from away games where the police presence up to the platform was OTT and then once on the train there was no presence when perhaps it was needed.

In this particular case we do not know the full circumstances.

FranckSuzy
09-03-2016, 01:24 PM
"Information about Hibs supporters who verbally abused a disabled man on a train travelling between Carntyne and Glasgow Queen Street stations is being sought.

Around 12.30pm on Saturday, 27 February 2016, the 51-year old victim, who walks with the aid of two sticks, boarded a Helensburgh-bound train at Carntyne station.

He asked the group of supporters, believed to be travelling to watch their team play Dumbarton in an SPFL match, if he could sit on a seat designated for disabled passengers.

After initially refusing they allowed him to sit down. As he alighted from the train at Glasgow Queen Street, the group verbally abused him – making references to his disability.

Constable John Paul O’Kane, the British Transport Police officer in charge of the enquiry, is appealing for anyone with information regarding the identity of those responsible to contact him.

He said: “Hate crime in any form is totally unacceptable and there really is nothing that excuses such behaviour from the group of Hibs supporters.”

British Transport Police can be contacted on 0800 40 50 40 or by texting 61016 – quoting reference B176 of 8/3/2016. Information can also be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111".

While there is no excuse for ANY abuse to a fellow passenger, I feel the above article is a wee bit 'naughty'. First of all: "Information about Hibs supporters" so they were definitely Hibs fans then..? Then "believed to be travelling to watch their team play Dumbarton in an SPFL match", so maybe they weren't after all..? Finally, "there really is nothing that excuses such behaviour from the group of Hibs supporters" so it's back to being a fact now, is it? :confused:

As others have said, CCTV/witnesses will no doubt have been consulted but until it is proven they were Hibs fans, any reference to their club allegiance should be alleged only, IMHO.

erin go bragh
09-03-2016, 02:45 PM
So the guy who made a complaint to the police has a history of abusing staff on the trains . Pot and kettle springs to mind .

GGTTH

paddy1875
09-03-2016, 02:59 PM
So the guy who made a complaint to the police has a history of abusing staff on the trains . Pot and kettle springs to mind . GGTTH

In this day and age your guilty until proved innocent I'm afraid. Who's to say they really are hibs supporters? Who's to say this man who has a history of being short tempered hasn't thrown the first insult. I'm sure this kind of stuff happens all the time when the old firm fans are on there travels but it rarely makes the papers unless it erupts into a mass brawl.

If this turns out to be true and it was hibs supporters, it's shocking. But the media are always quick to put a Name to things like this.

Look at the way they tried to spin Jason Cummings at house party gash.

AltheHibby
09-03-2016, 04:18 PM
What type?

The type that wind me up. Like you. :-p

CropleyWasGod
09-03-2016, 04:20 PM
The type that wind me up. Like you. :-p

Guilty :greengrin

Named and shamed.........

mim
09-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Were they defo Hibs fans though.

They got off at Dumbarton East, singing 'We've got John McGinn', so I suspect they were :wink:

Argylehibby
09-03-2016, 06:50 PM
So the guy who made a complaint to the police has a history of abusing staff on the trains . Pot and kettle springs to mind .

GGTTH

The guy who made the complaint must be a Hibby too then or how else would Hibs fans know he has a history of abusing staff on trains?

Hibs07p
09-03-2016, 07:34 PM
The guy who made the complaint must be a Hibby too then or how else would Hibs fans know he has a history of abusing staff on trains?

It is possible that some Hibbies are employed in the rail industry in various roles including BTP, drivers, guards, onboard, signallers, maintenance etc. Information travels very quickly within the railway industry. :wink:

GGTTH

lyonhibs
09-03-2016, 07:56 PM

GGTTH

Is that proven or hearsay?

Lewisman
09-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Is that proven or hearsay?
Didn't think you looked for proof - going by your previous post!

lyonhibs
09-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Didn't think you looked for proof - going by your previous post!

You've sort of made my point in a roundabout way. Even if this disabled guy has previous for getting lippy with train staff (don't they say they'll always push to prosecute if that happens, so if he's a repeat offender I'm surprised he's still allowed to travel) the ********s - be they Hibs fans or not - that abused him (and if it was a spurious claim with hee haw substance, I doubt it would have made it to the press, unless the source was the disabled guy himself) wouldn't have known that, so it doesn't remotely justify their actions or make them less serious, as the "pot calling kettle black" saying infers.

If he's never abused a train crew member in his puff, it makes the actions of these people all the more despicable, and if they're Hibs fans (let's not kid ourselves that the ******** element of our away support don't have previous for less than desirable behaviour) then I hope they're suitably punished to the full extent of the law.

And of course, if the accused turn out to be guilty, but have nothing to do with Hibs, the DR etc will have a spot of apologising to do.

monktonharp
09-03-2016, 09:44 PM
"Information about Hibs supporters who verbally abused a disabled man on a train travelling between Carntyne and Glasgow Queen Street stations is being sought.

Around 12.30pm on Saturday, 27 February 2016, the 51-year old victim, who walks with the aid of two sticks, boarded a Helensburgh-bound train at Carntyne station.

He asked the group of supporters, believed to be travelling to watch their team play Dumbarton in an SPFL match, if he could sit on a seat designated for disabled passengers.

After initially refusing they allowed him to sit down. As he alighted from the train at Glasgow Queen Street, the group verbally abused him – making references to his disability.

Constable John Paul O’Kane, the British Transport Police officer in charge of the enquiry, is appealing for anyone with information regarding the identity of those responsible to contact him.

He said: “Hate crime in any form is totally unacceptable and there really is nothing that excuses such behaviour from the group of Hibs supporters.”

British Transport Police can be contacted on 0800 40 50 40 or by texting 61016 – quoting reference B176 of 8/3/2016. Information can also be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111".

While there is no excuse for ANY abuse to a fellow passenger, I feel the above article is a wee bit 'naughty'. First of all: "Information about Hibs supporters" so they were definitely Hibs fans then..? Then "believed to be travelling to watch their team play Dumbarton in an SPFL match", so maybe they weren't after all..? Finally, "there really is nothing that excuses such behaviour from the group of Hibs supporters" so it's back to being a fact now, is it? :confused:

As others have said, CCTV/witnesses will no doubt have been consulted but until it is proven they were Hibs fans, any reference to their club allegiance should be alleged only, IMHO.Looks like Constable,John Paul O'Kane, an unofficial press release officer for BTP is trying to make a name for himself. I would also be interested to hear what words the disabled man used when asking people to move seats all of a sudden. see you Fenians, that's ma seat and ye better shift. hope yez get cuffed at Dumbartin' btw

Hermit Crab
09-03-2016, 09:49 PM
It is possible that some Hibbies are employed in the rail industry in various roles including BTP, drivers, guards, onboard, signallers, maintenance etc. Information travels very quickly within the railway industry. :wink:

GGTTH

Exactly mate. Spot on :wink:

monktonharp
09-03-2016, 09:51 PM
You've sort of made my point in a roundabout way. Even if this disabled guy has previous for getting lippy with train staff (don't they say they'll always push to prosecute if that happens, so if he's a repeat offender I'm surprised he's still allowed to travel) the ********s - be they Hibs fans or not - that abused him (and if it was a spurious claim with hee haw substance, I doubt it would have made it to the press, unless the source was the disabled guy himself) wouldn't have known that, so it doesn't remotely justify their actions or make them less serious, as the "pot calling kettle black" saying infers.

If he's never abused a train crew member in his puff, it makes the actions of these people all the more despicable, and if they're Hibs fans (let's not kid ourselves that the ******** element of our away support don't have previous for less than desirable behaviour) then I hope they're suitably punished to the full extent of the law.

And of course, if the accused turn out to be guilty, but have nothing to do with Hibs, the DR etc will have a spot of apologising to do.you have already judged them as guilty, the *******s, have you? Interesting to see that this press release by the Polis, was done by a railway Constable, unless his mate is a journo of sorts?

cabbageandribs1875
10-03-2016, 02:00 AM
you have already judged them as guilty, the *******s, have you? Interesting to see that this press release by the Polis, was done by a railway Constable, unless his mate is a journo of sorts?

can you imagine some on here on court duty, guilty m'lord, but we haven't heard the defence yet jurors, says m'lord, disnae matter judge we've found them guilty as charged, even calls for HFC to make a statement :rolleyes: a statement on whit ffs, 'kin no real

Peevemor
10-03-2016, 06:36 AM
can you imagine some on here on court duty, guilty m'lord, but we haven't heard the defence yet jurors, says m'lord, disnae matter judge we've found them guilty as charged, even calls for HFC to make a statement :rolleyes: a statement on whit ffs, 'kin no real

I said that I hoped Hibs put something on the official site - I was meaning a repeat of the police's call for witnesses. Had they said something at the same time about the supporters also representing the club, then why not?

hibee
05-04-2016, 01:43 PM
The 51 year old complainant has now been charged with wasting police time.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hibs-fans-cleared-of-abusing-disabled-man-1-4091178

ben johnson
05-04-2016, 02:20 PM
I'm sure Jambo Kickback will be posting about this development. They certainly picked up on the original allegation of abuse. Perhaps a visiting kickbacker could do the honours.

silverhibee
05-04-2016, 02:24 PM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hibs-fans-cleared-of-abusing-disabled-man-1-4091178

Deary f***ing me.

Hibs FC name tarnished by the media/press at the time accusing Hibs fans of abusing disabled man, wonder how many will be so quick to print that they were really innocent.

Mr Grieves
05-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Deary f***ing me.

Hibs FC name tarnished by the media/press at the time accusing Hibs fans of abusing disabled man, wonder how many will be so quick to print that they were really innocent.
The original story was the main headline in the Scotland section of the BBC news website, let's see if this latest development is as widely reported....

Big_Franck
05-04-2016, 02:38 PM
Glad to hear the latest development there as it would have embarrassed our club had it been true. I also look forward to this update being covered by the BBC, STV etc.

CRAZYHIBBY
05-04-2016, 02:44 PM
I was told about this last week but was told not to mention it on here. ...apparantly he has a habit of doing things like this

BH Hibs
05-04-2016, 02:49 PM
I was told about this last week but was told not to mention it on here. ...apparantly he has a habit of doing things like this

:aok:

Hermit Crab
05-04-2016, 02:51 PM

This has already been mentioned on this thread.

SouthMoroccoStu
05-04-2016, 02:52 PM

Actions like these can sometimes be a misguided cry for help and as a society we should be doing more

Sadly, in this instance, he appears to be a nuisance who enjoys the attention

This can lead to similar situations to fall on deaf ears.

Naming and shaming the individual in question may make him think twice in the future.

I wonder if his actions were football alliance related in anyway?

legends of 73
05-04-2016, 03:01 PM
Lets see the guys who slated these guys come on and apologies to them🤔🤔

lyonhibs
05-04-2016, 03:09 PM
I may have jumped in with 2 feet a tad sharpish when this story first broke.

Delighted the accusations have turned out to be a load of pish.

legends of 73
05-04-2016, 03:20 PM
The Dumbarton dozen will be in the Hibs club before the game tonight if anyone wants to say sorry to them

mutley
05-04-2016, 03:34 PM
I'm sure Jambo Kickback will be posting about this development. They certainly picked up on the original allegation of abuse. Perhaps a visiting kickbacker could do the honours.

I had a little look over there, and guess what, no sign, not a peep ( funny old thing). I would have posted something, but no doubt that would "blow my cover"

cabbageandribs1875
05-04-2016, 03:51 PM
Lets see the guys who slated these guys come on and apologies to them樂樂

this will be interesting :agree:

Killiehibbie
05-04-2016, 04:01 PM
Never take what is written in the papers about alleged incidents as being what actually happened. I've read about lots of things over the years that had very little truth in them.

Pretty Boy
05-04-2016, 04:20 PM

Never mind Kickback are all the people on here who took the original story as gospel going to pass comment on this developmemt?

Gettin' Auld
05-04-2016, 04:40 PM

GGTTH

I wish the friggin trains travelled so quickly. :greengrin

Hopefully the guys who were investigated get an apology from everyone who assumed their guilt.

cabbageandribs1875
05-04-2016, 05:00 PM

hertz fans should concentrate on their own fans before any other clubs fans

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-35960261

A teenager accused of singing a sectarian song on his way to a Scottish Premiership tie has been banned from football matches ahead of his trial.

It is alleged the teenager, from Edinburgh, sang a sectarian song and made sectarian remarks.

could be a dundee utd fan from Edinburgh right enough, but i doubt it :)

snooky
05-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Actions like these can sometimes be a misguided cry for help and as a society we should be doing more

Sadly, in this instance, he appears to be a nuisance who enjoys the attention

This can lead to similar situations to fall on deaf ears.

Naming and shaming the individual in question may make him think twice in the future.

I wonder if his actions were football alliance related in anyway?

That may be the case however, I find it very hard to have sympathy for anybody who spouts out false accusations - especially if they have known form.

Keith_M
05-04-2016, 05:30 PM

In which case, there's gonna be a lot of embarassed people on here, considering the descriptions given, s c u m being the most common.

Nakedmanoncrack
05-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Glad to hear the latest development there as it would have embarrassed our club had it been true..

it would also have been a case of a disabled person being abused, which is surely more important than any "embarrassment" you might feel.

Deansy
05-04-2016, 09:12 PM

No chance - it's in their rules & regulations that 'Truth', 'Realism' and 'Honesty' are threads/topics that're banned as they would cause an outcry, let alone confound 99% of their members as the vast majority have no experience of these topics !
It'd also be risking reprimands from the club's hierarchy, as well as risking angering their sponsors/advertisers who have no reason or desire to be linked to these 3 topics that have NO PLACE at the PBS !

Colr
05-04-2016, 09:47 PM
hertz fans should concentrate on their own fans before any other clubs fans

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-35960261

A teenager accused of singing a sectarian song on his way to a Scottish Premiership tie has been banned from football matches ahead of his trial.

It is alleged the teenager, from Edinburgh, sang a sectarian song and made sectarian remarks.

could be a dundee utd fan from Edinburgh right enough, but i doubt it :)

Well, it won't have been a Rangers fan. You can count on that!

cabbageandribs1875
06-04-2016, 12:23 PM
The Dumbarton dozen will be in the Hibs club before the game tonight if anyone wants to say sorry to them

so, did anyone turn up, or did the accusers/finger pointers stay away :dunno:...like they're doing on this thread

Oscar T Grouch
06-04-2016, 01:43 PM
As the OP for this thread I posted this story because it was detailing something Hibs fans were allegedly involved in, something that is increasing in todays society and something that should be highlighted and stamped out. I am very happy that the story turned out to be BS and the culprit will now face the allegations of wasting police time, or at the very least get a smack on the wrists, but if the same sort of story came up I would post it again as it would be and as this was relevant to this message-board. Anyone who has any problems with me posting articles like this feel free to PM me and I will be happy to discuss it with anyone in person or via PM or even on this thread. Articles are published everyday that are untrue, no one can know the details of these things apart from those involved. If we want to stop threads based on articles printed in the press then this message-board will be a lot quieter. I am not sure if some of the other posters were asking me to meet with the accused Hibs fans to apologise, if that is the case, I have nothing to apologise to anyone on this board about, maybe they should speak to the disabled man who accused them?! :aok:

snooky
06-04-2016, 02:54 PM
As the OP for this thread I posted this story because it was detailing something Hibs fans were allegedly involved in, something that is increasing in todays society and something that should be highlighted and stamped out. I am very happy that the story turned out to be BS and the culprit will now face the allegations of wasting police time, or at the very least get a smack on the wrists, but if the same sort of story came up I would post it again as it would be and as this was relevant to this message-board. Anyone who has any problems with me posting articles like this feel free to PM me and I will be happy to discuss it with anyone in person or via PM or even on this thread. Articles are published everyday that are untrue, no one can know the details of these things apart from those involved. If we want to stop threads based on articles printed in the press then this message-board will be a lot quieter. I am not sure if some of the other posters were asking me to meet with the accused Hibs fans to apologise, if that is the case, I have nothing to apologise to anyone on this board about, maybe they should speak to the disabled man who accused them?! :aok:

I think it's healthy to know what's being written & said about us whether true or false. It gives us a chance to address the problem or prove (as in this case) our innocence.

BTW, has anybody told the media about the outcome of this case? I haven't seen any headlines about it. :rolleyes:

Killiehibbie
06-04-2016, 03:12 PM
I think it's healthy to know what's being written & said about us whether true or false. It gives us a chance to address the problem or prove (as in this case) our innocence.

BTW, has anybody told the media about the outcome of this case? I haven't seen any headlines about it. :rolleyes:Lets subject everybody ever accused of anything to trial by media, you only have to look at some of the comments on here to see how fair that is. These guys would've been banned from football and probably doing time if it was up to some of the learned gentlemen on here.

Oscar T Grouch
06-04-2016, 03:13 PM

BTW, has anybody told the media about the outcome of this case? I haven't seen any headlines about it. :rolleyes:

Aye there was a very wee article in the EEN about it.

legends of 73
06-04-2016, 04:31 PM
so, did anyone turn up, or did the accusers/finger pointers stay away :dunno:...like they're doing on this thread

Just as they thought no one came to apologise

Jonnyboy
06-04-2016, 08:49 PM

vince, there can be no recriminations. You posted a link to a press article and you clearly stated that you failed to see the mindset of anyone abusing a disabled person. Those comments were, IMO fair in the circumstances. The ones who should be gracious enough to apologise are the ones who branded these fans as 5cum and worse, without knowing the true facts.

stantonhibby
06-04-2016, 08:55 PM

On BBC news website in the local news section

cabbageandribs1875
07-04-2016, 12:22 PM
Just as they thought no one came to apologise

and only one retraction on this thread

*and a couple added to the ignore list, NOT my kind of people

monktonharp
07-04-2016, 12:34 PM

BTW, has anybody told the media about the outcome of this case? I haven't seen any headlines about it. :rolleyes:The Rangers seem to get along quite nicely with all those healthy accusations

Oscar T Grouch
07-04-2016, 12:56 PM
vince, there can be no recriminations. You posted a link to a press article and you clearly stated that you failed to see the mindset of anyone abusing a disabled person. Those comments were, IMO fair in the circumstances. The ones who should be gracious enough to apologise are the ones who branded these fans as 5cum and worse, without knowing the true facts.

Cheers JB, tbh I should have read through the whole thread but it was lunchtime when I wrote this response and didn't have time.

lapsedhibee
07-04-2016, 01:12 PM

:rules: You made a big, big mistake in your OP. As any fule no, you can write absolutely anything on this board and get away with the mildest, gentlest mocking if only you ensure that your post ends with (if true).

pedroorange1875
07-04-2016, 01:20 PM
Not really sure about that Vince your original comments appear very ill informed and massively leading...What were you shocked and disgusted about? the fact that nothing happend or did you make the leading statement with reasoned thought that an alledged incident may never actually of happened, no real balance in your comments. What do we not need in our support? people who have done nothing wrong to a disabled man or are your comments leading towards the fact this actually happened, not balanced. Everyone should not get the mindset of people abusing anyone disabled or not if they have done that, so that statement is leading also, they are cleared of abusing the disable man so in this instance have no mindset.

You did not just post the article you gave very leading comments on your opinion on a situation THAT IF had happened would have be a justifiable response, just you never commented that if it happened, you judged it already.

Simple fact is that this did not happen and the man has been reported with wasting police time.

poolman
07-04-2016, 01:50 PM

Very sanctomonious post

1st bold......we dont need a politicised opinion

2nd bold.....You would post again without learning the facts..bizzare

3rd bold....I dont need to PM you but dont you think you should take a step back and think before you post unfounded articles

4th bold....Or until they are investigated and the facts come out, as in this case. How many threads are there on the board regarding the same thing :confused: