PDA

View Full Version : Dylan McGeough

The Harp Awakes
08-03-2016, 08:38 AM
Dylan apologies to the Hibs fans:

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/03/07/dylan-mcgeouch-apologises-hibs-fans-ruled-league-cup-final/

Gutted for the wee man. Such a big player for us but sadly looks like another spell on the sidelines.

Since90+2
08-03-2016, 09:13 AM
A fully match fit Dylan McGeough is the best player we have IMO , but its a massive worry that someone at his age is injured as often as he is.

Another Farid type situation would be a tragedy for both the player and the club.

Thecat23
08-03-2016, 09:23 AM
Said it couple weeks ago, Hibs should take the hit get him in and his groin done. Then have a fully fit Dylan for pre season!

J-C
08-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Said it couple weeks ago, Hibs should take the hit get him in and his groin done. Then have a fully fit Dylan for pre season!

Thing is though it's the opposite groin, this can occur due to an imbalance when running, if he's having problems on one side the other side over compensates, this is what's happened. A bit like having a niggly lower back can affect your hamstrings due to the way you run and all the connective tissues involved.

Craig_in_Prague
08-03-2016, 11:25 AM
Have not seen all the games this season, so don't know about shapes and players positions as much as others,
however with Dylan out, does it force Stubbs hand to pay 3-5-2?

Gunnarson - McGregor - Fontaine

Gray - Henderson - Bartley/Thomson - McGinn - Stevenson

Stokes - Cummings/Keatings

to be honest, we play great in a 3-5-2, Alloa at home recently and against Caley as well, have been the better performances of late.

Clearly, it's sad for Dylan and the team, but I am not sure we ever go 3-5-2 when he plays, we seem too narrow as him, McGinn and Henderson tuck inside a lot.

NAE NOOKIE
08-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Its a real shame for him and us ... fully fit he is one of the best players we have .... perhaps it would be better in the long run to work on getting him fully fit for next season. There is every chance we will lose the outstanding Henderson, especially if we don't go up, so Dylan is going to be vital to us.

I wish him all the best, he has nothing to apologise for.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-03-2016, 11:50 AM
Perhaps all the posters that have ever used the term "wage thief" would like to comment on the flip-side?

Big_Franck
08-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Perhaps all the posters that have ever used the term "wage thief" would like to comment on the flip-side?

I've not seen anyone post anything like that about Dylan, but that's poor if they have. When I read posts on his injury situation what comes across is the frustration that the fans feel about him being injured yet again. That frustration I think comes from the fact that most fans know he is one of our best players. If we didn't rate him we wouldn't be too bothered that he was injured.

He has nothing to apologise for though as i'm sure he is as frustrated as the rest of us, no doubt more so. Hopefully the issue(s) will be sorted in the near future and we'll be able to rely on one of our best players again.

jacomo
08-03-2016, 12:44 PM
A fully match fit Dylan McGeough is the best player we have IMO , but its a massive worry that someone at his age is injured as often as he is.

Another Farid type situation would be a tragedy for both the player and the club.

Don't think we need to start panicking about his long term future yet.

If it's muscular injuries that are plaguing him, he won't be the first player to suffer these as their bodies adjust to playing professional games every week. Steven Gerrard had similar issues early in his career, IIRC.