PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final on Hibs TV

HoboHarry
08-03-2016, 05:29 AM
All I am seeing on the website is that it is audio only. Is that correct? I hope not ......

Steve-O
08-03-2016, 05:32 AM
Apparently the feed for ICT game was rubbish yet again?

Think I will cancel and go via BBC iPlayer.

KWJ
08-03-2016, 05:50 AM

I use Iplayer for the games that are on the BBC like the ICT game and the final but after that there's erm...none.

Never had a problem with HibsTV since getting the sub this season. Oh, it was crappy at the start of the Hearts game at Tynie but fixes quickly.

AZhibee
08-03-2016, 06:03 AM
Audio for all, video for overseas. Hope the comment board is working this week. The ICT feed sure was bad early in the second half, though that seemed unusual for a home game. Can't wait till Sunday, see everyone on Hibs TV!

Craig_in_Prague
08-03-2016, 06:31 AM

Filmon.com

meant to also add; may be useful to anyone outside UK, filmon requires no UK IP address and could be a life saver if you are struggling to see the match at all, in a pub, or otherwise.

Apologies if I am not supposed to add a link / website..

Steve-O
08-03-2016, 10:03 AM
I use Iplayer for the games that are on the BBC like the ICT game and the final but after that there's erm...none.

Never had a problem with HibsTV since getting the sub this season. Oh, it was crappy at the start of the Hearts game at Tynie but fixes quickly.

Hibs TV has been decent but it didn't work for me at all during the Tynecastle game and others in this part of the world have been saying it's been very poor ever since (albeit only been 2-3 games on since then).

HoboHarry
09-03-2016, 04:20 AM
Audio for all, video for overseas. Hope the comment board is working this week. The ICT feed sure was bad early in the second half, though that seemed unusual for a home game. Can't wait till Sunday, see everyone on Hibs TV!

Hope that's true for the overseas fans. Audio only would be horrible.....

Steve-O
09-03-2016, 05:14 AM
The game is on BBC, isn't it?

Hibee87
09-03-2016, 07:47 AM
Not sure if it affected the hibs the internet links, but I know virgin have been doing dmsone work in Edinburgh of Kate, poss a upgrade to 500mb for the most of the city, I know my internet has been flakey th? Last week or so so this may be why it was not great last sundsy. If you can get it on BBC abroad, I'd say it's the safest bet

SingaporeHibs
09-03-2016, 02:26 PM
I've noticed games broadcast by TV companies that's then routed thru HibsTV has been of lesser quality than the straight HibsTV feed. Would interested to hear if others have noticed that and if so HibsTV should try and continue with broadcasting their own camera footage. Slightly worried the cup final will be as average as some of the last few games that have been broadcast that way.

Framie
09-03-2016, 04:11 PM
Filmon.com

meant to also add; may be useful to anyone outside UK, filmon requires no UK IP address and could be a life saver if you are struggling to see the match at all, in a pub, or otherwise.

Apologies if I am not supposed to add a link / website..

:agree:

Good call if you download the app for IPad then you can watch it in "HD"
i watched both on Sunday filmon on the iPad and HibsTV on the laptop HTV had around a minute delay both feeds came from the same camera

Framie
09-03-2016, 04:13 PM
I've noticed games broadcast by TV companies that's then routed thru HibsTV has been of lesser quality than the straight HibsTV feed. Would interested to hear if others have noticed that and if so HibsTV should try and continue with broadcasting their own camera footage. Slightly worried the cup final will be as average as some of the last few games that have been broadcast that way.

The first derby was a terrible feed on HTV a lot of interference. The Inverness match was ok.