PDA

View Full Version : Yogi apologises for celebrations

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-03-2016, 12:21 AM
http://ow.ly/ZawW0

jarre1875
08-03-2016, 12:23 AM
Personally it didnt bother me. He has always been a whole hearted full on character and i dont expect anything else from him to be honest.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
08-03-2016, 12:30 AM
Not sure why he felt the need to apologise. :confused:

monktonharp
08-03-2016, 12:53 AM
no apologies from me Yogi, if we wipe that silly grin off yer puss next Wednesday. :greengrin greengrins, are the best kinda grins

JOD
08-03-2016, 01:23 AM
No problem with Yogi and after the way we treated the man when Petrie fired him was not the best in our history.

But we will still do the business next Wed.

God Bless Hibs.

marinello59
08-03-2016, 04:24 AM
Surely there weren't really any Hibs fans upset by him celebrating his teams equaliser. I can't believe fitba fans have become quite that sensitive yet.

Craig_HFC
08-03-2016, 06:09 AM
Didn't even notice him

Peevemor
08-03-2016, 06:32 AM
Not sure why he felt the need to apologise. :confused:

Sports reporter - "John, you certainly looked happy when Inverness scored. How do you think that will have gone down with your former fans?"

Result - apology for nothing.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-03-2016, 06:39 AM
He only needs to apologise to his own player on the bench that he skelped on the lug! :-)

Pretty Boy
08-03-2016, 07:12 AM
No idea why he needs to apologise. I'm not his biggest fan but he's a passionate guy celebrating his teams equaliser. No problem that I can see.

Eaststand
08-03-2016, 07:18 AM
Yogi is a Hibby, and is passionate about fitba.
His sub scores, he celebrates, what's there to aplogise about

GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2016, 07:24 AM
No problem with his celebration either, I also disagree with players who don't celebrate when they score against a former club.

Jim44
08-03-2016, 07:35 AM
I couldn't care less how he reacts to his team scoring but I do cringe at some of his behaviour, like his schoolboy attempt to to pull down one of his player's shorts when they were applauding their fans. But then I'm an old fuddy duddy seething at letting them back into the tie. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-03-2016, 08:05 AM
I am more bothered that he had a reason to celebrate in the first place.

Godsahibby
08-03-2016, 08:26 AM
For those of us sitting right behind there was a need.

Celebrate, cheers jump about daft aye no problems with that. But when is immediate reaction was to turn round and gesture at the Hibs fans behind him when they score was uncalled for. I think anyone else sitting in that area will confirm.

Jim44
08-03-2016, 08:32 AM

Celebrate, cheers jump about daft aye no problems with that. But when is immediate reaction was to turn round and gesture at the Hibs fans behind him when they score was uncalled for. I think anyone else sitting in that area will confirm.

Players get booked for that.

The_Horde
08-03-2016, 08:37 AM

Depends how much abuse he was getting.

DH1875
08-03-2016, 08:41 AM

Exactly. No need for him to be apologising in my opinion.

JimBHibees
08-03-2016, 08:42 AM
No problem with Yogi and after the way we treated the man when Petrie fired him was not the best in our history.

But we will still do the business next Wed.

God Bless Hibs.

And you know the ins and outs.

Actually think Hughes is a bit of a clown, his hysterical pulling down of Motongo's shorts at the end of the game on Sunday was cringeworthy.

He always likes to put out how much of a wonderful style his team play the game, they do pass the ball well however thought their physicality was OTT and a better ref would have pulled them up quicker. Basically we should have been playing a much weakened team in the replay with Roberts, Vigurs and Draper all out only weak refereeing has meant that isnt the case.

davidw
08-03-2016, 09:05 AM
http://ow.ly/ZawW0

He should apologise for the ***** he talks every time he's asked a question by a journalist.

He should apologise for the 6-6 game at Motherwell instead of saying after the game that it was a great game for the fans.

In fact he should just apologise to Hibs for everything. Clown.

Godsahibby
08-03-2016, 09:20 AM

Up until that point very little, after that a few choice words from some.

AlbertK86
08-03-2016, 09:20 AM
He should apologise for the ***** he talks every time he's asked a question by a journalist. He should apologise for the 6-6 game at Motherwell instead of saying after the game that it was a great game for the fans. In fact he should just apologise to Hibs for everything. Clown.

Easy Tiger ..... Guy is passionate about football and liked a laugh and a bit of banter

Mentioned earlier by someone .... Fans are far to easily offended at times.

Guy did a decent job for us when manager and is a good Hibby.

Bostonhibby
08-03-2016, 09:25 AM
No problem with yogi now that I reflect on his time with us and him having to live with petrie when he was running the show. Hope he's greetin after the replay.

macca70
08-03-2016, 10:03 AM
Was away for the weekend so had to watch it on TV.

There was a brilliant close up where he accidentally skelped 1 of the subs in the face, I think it must have been the goal celebration.

The sub was not happy, think he took a fair dunt by his reaction. Yogi couldn't have cared any less.

Steve-O
08-03-2016, 10:09 AM
Having a read the article, it was not really an apology from the big galloot. Now claims he bleeds ICT blood! :rolleyes:

Coults1875
08-03-2016, 10:17 AM
Having a read the article, it was not really an apology from the big galloot. Now claims he bleeds ICT blood! :rolleyes:

“If you cut me it’s Inverness blood that will be there, that’s the passion and the pride I’ve got for the club .

“If my celebrations upset one or two Hibs supporters then I’m sorry, but when you’re taking on the team that I’m a manager of then I want to win the game.”

ALF TUPPER
08-03-2016, 10:38 AM
No need for an apology. That's daft 😎

AltheHibby
08-03-2016, 10:51 AM
Agree with the earlier post that it's his player he needs to apologise to. I've always liked him, and annoying as the equaliser was I can't see why we should be upset.

Still hope we can wipe the huge grin off his face in the replay!!

Craig_HFC
08-03-2016, 11:48 AM
No need to apologise for the celebration however the man was a complete buffoon when he was in charge at Hibs...

Do I need to go any further than say 'goalkeeping school'?

CockneyRebel
08-03-2016, 12:04 PM

I read the article too and did not see an apology although he should have apologised for the thuggery of his team (heard it described as "a robust" ICT team - robust, that's like saying Genghis Kahn was over enthusiastic).

franks
08-03-2016, 12:15 PM
No apology required.

jacomo
08-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Nae bother Yogi.

Hope you're greetin after the replay!

WeeRussell
08-03-2016, 12:53 PM
Nevermind the celebration - what about he goal you put past us ya horrible big c*** ye! :greengrin

SkintHibby
08-03-2016, 01:03 PM
I witnessed Yogi run the lenghth of the pitch to the Hibs fans when we scored in the millenium derby. He wears his heart on his sleeve and he's alright by me.

Man Down Under
08-03-2016, 01:08 PM
If it was the other way round it would be.

"Why didn't you celebrate?"

"Because I love Hibs".

Of course he's going to celebrate.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Franck Stanton
08-03-2016, 01:13 PM
As that well known hibby Shakespear once said - "Much ado about nothing "

since90plustwo
08-03-2016, 01:40 PM
He should apologise for the ***** he talks every time he's asked a question by a journalist.

He should apologise for the 6-6 game at Motherwell instead of saying after the game that it was a great game for the fans.

So he should apologize for being the last manager to get european football at easter road through the league finish? Jeeeez

Andy.1875
08-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Hopefully he won’t have anything to cheer about in the replay.

Edson Arantes
08-03-2016, 03:36 PM
I am more bothered that he had a reason to celebrate in the first place.

Correct.

Giro Playboy
08-03-2016, 03:41 PM
Actually think Hughes is a bit of a clown, his hysterical pulling down of Motongo's shorts at the end of the game on Sunday was cringeworthy.

. That was embarrassing. Even the player was like wtf. :confused:
Could you imagine Alex Ferguson pulling down Roy Keane's shorts in the middle of the pitch

JimBHibees
08-03-2016, 03:47 PM
That was embarrassing. Even the player was like wtf. :confused:
Could you imagine Alex Ferguson pulling down Roy Keane's shorts in the middle of the pitch

It would be interesting to see what Hughes reaction would have been if the player did the same sort of thing to him. Bet it wouldnt be such a laugh then..

GreenArmyyy!
08-03-2016, 03:47 PM

Aye, he should apologise for getting us in to Europe as well. Terrible person....

Giro Playboy
08-03-2016, 03:58 PM
I witnessed Yogi run the lenghth of the pitch to the Hibs fans when we scored in the millenium derby. Was that not Sauzee?

davidw
08-03-2016, 04:46 PM
Aye, he should apologise for getting us in to Europe as well. Terrible person....

And what a European campaign it was. Magnificent.

He had a decent half season, followed by an alarming free-fall which rightly got him the sack.

Clown.

heretoday
08-03-2016, 04:47 PM
I like Yogi. He is not as dumb as he sounds.

I wouldn't be surprised if he turned up as Hibs manager again one day although I don't think I'd want that much.

since90plustwo
08-03-2016, 05:04 PM

He had a decent half season, followed by an alarming free-fall which rightly got him the sack.

Clown.

The most Successful manager we have had in the last decade apart from mowbray but he is a clown. Regardless if it was freefall we came 4th. Mowbray or Collins didnt even manage that bar his first year.

hibsbollah
08-03-2016, 05:09 PM

That sort of thing doesn't bother me at all. Just adds to the theatre. To be honest I miss Boruc, giving it out as good as he got it.

since90plustwo
08-03-2016, 05:10 PM
The most Successful manager we have had in the last decade apart from mowbray but he is a clown. Regardless if it was freefall we came 4th. Mowbray or Collins didnt even manage that bar his first year.

i tell a lie mowbray also finished 4th. But is second half to the season mustered 5 wins where hughes managed 6. DOes that make him a clown aswell?

sleeping giant
08-03-2016, 05:14 PM

I'm sure his mates/family sit in the West.
He was maybe just having banter with them ?

Saying that , I didn't see it.

SkintHibby
08-03-2016, 06:57 PM
Was that not Sauzee?

Yes it was Sauzee. I never said it Hughes. Look again at what I wrote.

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2016, 07:21 PM

He should also apologise for being the last Hibs manager to take us into Europe by our league position. Christ almighty, sod having a team that might do that in the near future.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-03-2016, 07:25 PM
He should also apologise for being the last Hibs manager to take us into Europe by our league position. Christ almighty, sod having a team that might do that in the near future.

Surprised it took you so long G! ;-)

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Surprised it took you so long G! ;-)

Just seen it mate, :wink: i love how some folk can dismiss our rare successes, yet start leaking fluids all over the shop when we pump Alloa 3-0.

Giro Playboy
08-03-2016, 07:42 PM
Yes it was Sauzee. I never said it Hughes. Look again at what I wrote. ''I witnessed Yogi run the lenghth of the pitch to the Hibs fans when we scored in the millenium derby. He wears his heart on his sleeve and he's alright by me''

~

davidw
08-03-2016, 09:41 PM
i tell a lie mowbray also finished 4th. But is second half to the season mustered 5 wins where hughes managed 6. DOes that make him a clown aswell?

Mowbray had them playing great football. Mowbray talked sense when interviewed. Everyone was gutted when Mowbray left.

Whereas... Hughes didn't have them playing great football. Hughes pulls down his own players shorts in public, and talks utter mince. The week before he "left", the Hibs away fans at St. Johnstone were singing "you don't know what you're doing" at him (i.e. many people were delighted when he left).

However.... he's obviously someone who, er, divides opinion. Maybe let's leave it at that.

Andy74
08-03-2016, 09:48 PM

Clown.

We are where we are now because we equate a bad run with the ability of the manager. Always a bit more to it. He is a good manager and seems a decent guy. Certainly not a clown.

Edson Arantes
08-03-2016, 10:10 PM

Clown.

Give the clown bit a miss will you?

Ya clown.

MagicSwirlingShip
08-03-2016, 10:13 PM

Clown.

Behave yourself. Former Hibs captain, proud Leither, last manager to lead Hibs into Europe.

Horrendous chat

davidw
08-03-2016, 10:29 PM
Behave yourself. Former Hibs captain, proud Leither, last manager to lead Hibs into Europe.

Horrendous chat

why was he sacked then if he was so good? why were so many desperate for him to leave at the time?

there's a selective memory issue here, it seems.

over and oot.

tamig
08-03-2016, 11:08 PM
why was he sacked then if he was so good? why were so many desperate for him to leave at the time?

there's a selective memory issue here, it seems.

over and oot.

I agree. Yogi had a decent half season here. Towards the end, the team were playing some dire stuff. A team with no width and powder puff.

Criswell
08-03-2016, 11:34 PM
[QUOTE=Eaststand;4611099]Yogi is a Hibby, and is passionate about fitba.
His sub scores, he celebrates, what's there to aplogise about

Yogi is a Hibby? Not so sure about that. People who grew up with him in Leith claim his allegiance was always to Celtic. After watching his team try to kick us off the park on Sunday any last crumb of respect I had for him is completely gone.

Steve-O
09-03-2016, 05:21 AM
“If you cut me it’s Inverness blood that will be there, that’s the passion and the pride I’ve got for the club .

“If my celebrations upset one or two Hibs supporters then I’m sorry, but when you’re taking on the team that I’m a manager of then I want to win the game.”

I'm not saying he needed to apologise but that's one of those sorrys that's not actually a sorry!

"Sorry I killed that guy, but he deserved it!!"

Issue is more with the headline I guess.

The Hibee Harp
09-03-2016, 08:07 AM

Horrendous chat

Unfortunately, that isn't true, even if we all want to forget Malmo!

MagicSwirlingShip
10-03-2016, 03:31 AM
Unfortunately, that isn't true, even if we all want to forget Malmo!

I'd erased that completely from my memory - excuse me; Brainfart!