PDA

View Full Version : Any family areas at Hampden on Sunday?

davidw
07-03-2016, 09:56 PM
I presume the answer is no (as it was never mentioned when buying tickets) - unless anyone knows differently?

The way things have worked out, we've got 2 x adult & child tickets for two different parts of the ground: one in the East (section G, next to the south stand), and one in the West (section B, next to the north stand). It'll be our youngest's first game and I'd rather she wasn't subjected to mad drunken swearing (as as happened at so many other games with my other kids).

Any idea if/reason why one part might be better than the other?

I'm sure they used to have family areas at these games (pretty sure I remember that at the final vs. Livingston..?), but not for a few years.

jarre1875
07-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Really dont think there is a family area this time for 1 reason or another

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

djs69
07-03-2016, 10:01 PM
If I was abetting man I'd say it would be less rowdy in the west

Nakedmanoncrack
07-03-2016, 10:02 PM
No family area which is ridiculous, will just have to take your chances and hope you land lucky with who's sitting next to you (or standing in front of you).

Billy Whizz
07-03-2016, 10:02 PM
I asked this on another thread, but is there a fans zone at Hampden pre match?

Callum7
07-03-2016, 10:04 PM
If you look at my map (posted around 8pm on the ticket thread) the areas that are green will probably be best as they will have less people so there will be less chance, probably best to wait till I've updated the map nearer the time as those areas may get more full.

O'Rourke3
07-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Whole stadium for the Hibs family..... I however, will get sat next to pissed up and Ill tempered morons, it's the Hibs way. ..

Billy Whizz
07-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Whole stadium for the Hibs family..... I however, will get sat next to pissed up and I'll tempered morons, it's the Hibs way. ..

Or anyone that stands up in front of me

derekduval
07-03-2016, 10:22 PM
My experience is it's normally some of the day trippers who bring their kids who are the worst as they usually make a day of the bevvy before hand. Because their further down the pecking order means behind the goals is where you'll find/hear them. It's good that kids prices apply to the whole stadium in my book.

Kaff
07-03-2016, 10:23 PM
IMO the 'family' sections haven't really worked before because they weren't sold to only people with children. They were great value but the offer of £10 adult tickets were taken up by groups of adults looking for cheap alternative with no kids in tow so you are basically letting p*ssed up groups into a family area and they did spoil it for some there's no doubt. I had a row with one drunk who came down the aisle f' ing c' ing etc from a group when we conceded the 3rd v Falkirk in the 4-3 game.
It's never particularily bothered me but he was standing 2 or 3 feet away from me acting like an idiot in what was supposed to be an area separated for this reason. If they wanted to do this type for a semifinal of limited appeal (the ticket prices were exceptionaly good imo) then they should have had the North stand for Adult prices, F section of East for cheap adult option and G section for adults accompanied by children but this loses the aesthetic appeal of full sections on tv that they are obviously (and for the right reasons) concerned about.
Its not easy planning for and i'm happy we're randomly spread out this time to see how it works.

Nicho87
07-03-2016, 11:34 PM
What family pubs are around hampden that will let the kids in.