PDA

View Full Version : Worst Hibs XI

magnificent_seven
07-03-2016, 12:25 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/stramashing/status/706815774292385793

Just seen this on Twitter. That would be an absolute nightmare of a team if they played together. Would probably swap Konte and Kerr for Kuqi and Wiss though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winston Ingram
07-03-2016, 12:35 PM

Just seen this on Twitter. That would be an absolute nightmare of a team if they played together. Would probably swap Konte and Kerr for Kuqi and Wiss though!

Harsh on HKT

My_Wife_Camille
07-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Definitely room for Liam Craig and James Collins in there

HappyHanlon
07-03-2016, 12:37 PM

Personally didn't mind Valdas Tracksuit.

overdrive
07-03-2016, 12:38 PM

Trakys wasn't that bad. The games against Rangers at Ibrox and Motherwell (I think) at ER are probably up their with some of Chris Killen's performances in terms of best all round target man play for Hibs in the last 10-15 years. He wasn't great after those two games but certainly not in the league of Konte, etc.

Another striker worth a mention... Eduardo Hurtardo. Signed by McLeish just before he left purely to give De la Cruz a wee pal in Scotland.

MWHIBBIES
07-03-2016, 12:38 PM
McGivern, Murdock and Kerr wouldn't even be close.

MWHIBBIES
07-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Definitely room for Liam Craig and James Collins in there:faf: not even remotely close.

erin go bragh
07-03-2016, 12:39 PM
No even close to being our worst 11 imo .
Got the keeper right tho . Harsh on a few players tbh .

GGTTH

Smartie
07-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Surely we've had a worse right-back than Gattheussi? We didn't have a decent one for years.

Michael Hart?

.Sean.
07-03-2016, 12:42 PM
Get this thread take **** on cup final week

HappyHanlon
07-03-2016, 12:45 PM

RU DUM M8?

He was fantastic last season, fans like you drove him away.

Waxy
07-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Lets do the jambos worst team.

MWHIBBIES
07-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Lets do the jambos worst team.The one 2 weeks ago at ER must be up there, no bottle or style from what I've heard.

magnificent_seven
07-03-2016, 12:50 PM

Aw right sorry boss, I'll delete the thread just for you.

Just a light hearted look at the past rubbish we have had, a bit of fun really. There are no current players in it so it's not exactly negative.

My_Wife_Camille
07-03-2016, 12:58 PM
:faf: not even remotely close.
Forgot Oxley too

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-03-2016, 01:10 PM
Get this thread tae **** on cup final week

Very much this.

bigwheel
07-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Jeez. Are people now sitting at home wondering what other "negative " thread can I start - this thread is pathetic - ill timed. GITF

since90plustwo
07-03-2016, 01:15 PM
Graeme SMith

Michael Hart
Michael Nelson
Ryan McGivern
Pa Kujabi

Thornhill
Soares

Alan Obrian
Danny Haynes

Kuqi
Trakys

Ryan91
07-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Seems like some on this forum can't take a joke.

As for the original team posted, I disagree with Brian Kerr solely for the reason that he scored the winner in a Derby.

erin go bragh
07-03-2016, 01:19 PM
No even close to being our worst 11 imo .
Got the keeper right tho . Harsh on a few players tbh .

GGTTH

magnificent_seven
07-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Jeez. Are people now sitting at home wondering what other "negative " thread can I start - this thread is pathetic - ill timed. GITF

Jeeso, it's a bit of fun FFS. It's not like I have started a thread slating half the team and telling everyone we have no chance this weekend! Calm doon!

Edson Arantes
07-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Forgot Oxley too

Wind up surely?

easty
07-03-2016, 01:25 PM

Whenever a thread like this pops up, we get responses like this. I don't really see the problem. Is it really "negative"? As for "pathetic"...steady on.

Are the current squad really reading .net, seeing this thread and thinking "I hope I perform in the final, or I might end up in one of these lists". Of course they aren't.

I really don't understand how this kind of thread can possibly be seen as detrimental to anything that's happening at the club right now. It's just a wee bit of a laugh at some of the diddy's we've had playing for us through the years. It's a long list of diddy's. This particular list of diddy's isn't the list of diddy's I'd have picked as our worst diddy 11.

The_Exile
07-03-2016, 01:45 PM
Freddy Daquin only played around 3 games for us, how can someone who played such a small amount of games even be considered for a place on a worst XI list?!! In that case stick Fraser Mullen on the list!

Malkowski

Murdock
O'Hanlon
Clancy
McGivern

Wiss
Tudor-Jones
Galbraith
O'Brien

Vine
Konte

worcesterhibby
07-03-2016, 01:54 PM
whoever runs that twitter page is a Hibs hater..it's filled with digs at us...shouldn't be giving it oxygen.

Craig_HFC
07-03-2016, 02:10 PM
whoever runs that twitter page is a Hibs hater..it's filled with digs at us...shouldn't be giving it oxygen.

I disagree... I think the person who runs the account is a Hibby.

I mean, how else can he remember so much of the amount of utter pish we've had over the years?

:greengrin

magnificent_seven
07-03-2016, 03:41 PM
Just noticed the guy has put up a "Best Hibs SPL XI" now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/stramashing/status/706842670979805184

Maybe a bit more positive for some folk. I reckon he must be a Hibby as well, some of they players have even escaped my memory.

easty
07-03-2016, 03:44 PM
Just noticed the guy has put up a "Best Hibs SPL XI" now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/stramashing/status/706842670979805184

Maybe a bit more positive for some folk. I reckon he must be a Hibby as well, some of they players have even escaped my memory.

What ones?

From that team, I'd prob have Daniel Anderson in ahead of Williams, Jones in for Laursen, and Thomson in at sitting midfield instead of Bamba.

magnificent_seven
07-03-2016, 03:46 PM
What ones?

From that team, I'd prob have Daniel Anderson in ahead of Williams, Jones in for Laursen, and Thomson in at sitting midfield instead of Bamba.

I mean the pish ones. Conveniently forgot that guys like Gatheussi and Rudge played for us. I'd agree with that, maybe even Jack ahead of Bamba.

bigwheel
07-03-2016, 03:47 PM
Whenever a thread like this pops up, we get responses like this. I don't really see the problem. Is it really "negative"? As for "pathetic"...steady on.

Are the current squad really reading .net, seeing this thread and thinking "I hope I perform in the final, or I might end up in one of these lists". Of course they aren't.

I really don't understand how this kind of thread can possibly be seen as detrimental to anything that's happening at the club right now. It's just a wee bit of a laugh at some of the diddy's we've had playing for us through the years. It's a long list of diddy's. This particular list of diddy's isn't the list of diddy's I'd have picked as our worst diddy 11.

Ok, I take the point that these threads can be a bit of fun....but after the last two weeks , where people seem to be putting negative threads up about quite a few players and topics...Stokes for example has been hammered , simply by rumour and insinuation...There feel's like a set of people on many threads just now, desperate to trade insults or bad news....I genuinely feel there are better "fun" threads for this time...that said, I'll bow out and let people get on with this one....enjoy guys!

CockneyRebel
07-03-2016, 03:58 PM
What ones?

Surely Goram has to be the keeper.

Giro Playboy
07-03-2016, 04:43 PM
We have all seen some drivel in the green and white but in the week of a cup final why are we focussing on this. If we want to make up fitba teams deciding what would be the best team out of the 72, 91 and 07 league cup winning side would be much more positive.

Smartie
07-03-2016, 04:55 PM
We have all seen some drivel in the green and white but in the week of a cup final why are we focussing on this. If we want to make up fitba teams deciding what would be the best team out of the 72, 91 and 07 league cup winning side would be much more positive.

Hibs Hampden Heroes XI (Players who have represented us in games at Hampden and done the business).

I started watching Hibs in 1990 or so so it starts there.

Andersson

Whittaker
McIntyre
Jones
Murphy

Stevenson

Benji
Fletcher
Wright
Stokes
Cummings

It's a bold 4-1-5 but Lewis Stevenson was so bloody fantastic in 2007 he carries the midfield all by himself.

Andersson in there to save penalties, Tam McIntyre in there to score penalties.

Benji and Fletcher speak for themselves.

Stokes and Cummings - well, you'll just have to wait and see won't you?

Viva_Palmeiras
07-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Where are they now...

Alan O'brien - the apprehended criminal didn't stand a chance...

http://www.liveedinburghnews.org/three-arrested-after-drugs-worth-26000-recovered-in-gracemount/

Giro Playboy
07-03-2016, 05:22 PM
Hibs Hampden Heroes XI (Players who have represented us in games at Hampden and done the business).

I started watching Hibs in 1990 or so so it starts there.

Whittaker
McIntyre
Jones
Murphy

Stevenson

Benji
Fletcher
Wright
Stokes
Cummings

It's a bold 4-1-5 but Lewis Stevenson was so bloody fantastic in 2007 he carries the midfield all by himself.

Andersson in there to save penalties, Tam McIntyre in there to score penalties.

Benji and Fletcher speak for themselves.

Stokes and Cummings - well, you'll just have to wait and see won't you? I started watching Hibs in 1976 so I missed Turnbulls Tornadoes in 72 but from the 91 and 07 teams I would go for

Budgie

Whittaker
Hunter
Jones
Murphy

Weir
Brown
McGinley
Stevenson

Wright
Fletcher

Thecat23
07-03-2016, 05:30 PM
How did Hurtardo or whatever he was called not get into the worst team? He was the worst professional player I think I've seen in the flesh. Fat, slow, crap!

greenlex
07-03-2016, 05:39 PM

This. Very Strange.

AlbertK86
07-03-2016, 05:45 PM
No even close to being our worst 11 imo . Got the keeper right tho . Harsh on a few players tbh . GGTTH

Nah ..... He was effin brutal but not as effin brutal as Graeme Smith

Tom Hart RIP
07-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Trakys wasn't that bad. The games against Rangers at Ibrox and Motherwell (I think) at ER are probably up their with some of Chris Killen's performances in terms of best all round target man play for Hibs in the last 10-15 years. He wasn't great after those two games but certainly not in the league of Konte, etc.

Another striker worth a mention... Eduardo Hurtardo. Signed by McLeish just before he left purely to give De la Cruz a wee pal in Scotland.

Saw Trakys against Motherwell at ER and thought he was excellent. Set up both goals for Deek. Also hears he had a good game in 3-0 win at Ibrox. No idea why he keeps getting mentioned in worst Hibs teams. Seen plenty worse than him.

emerald green
07-03-2016, 06:39 PM

McGivern & "Stinker" Murdock as a centre back pairing. :rolleyes: Just imagine that. Absolute garbage, the pair of them.

lord bunberry
07-03-2016, 06:44 PM
Surely Goram has to be the keeper.
:agree: Closely followed by Leighton. Williams would be lucky to get in the top 5.

MyJo
07-03-2016, 07:10 PM
Zibby Malkowski

Darren McCormack
Colin Murdock
Ryan McGivern
Pa Kujabi

Alan O'Brien
Ross Chisholm
Brian Kerr

Clayton Donaldson
James Collins
Amadou Konte

Thats a team to send shivers down the spine of any Hibs Fan :greengrin

Winston Ingram
07-03-2016, 08:51 PM
:faf: not even remotely close.

This

Winston Ingram
07-03-2016, 08:54 PM
How did Hurtardo or whatever he was called not get into the worst team? He was the worst professional player I think I've seen in the flesh. Fat, slow, crap!
El Tanque

MWHIBBIES
07-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Zibby Malkowski

Darren McCormack
Colin Murdock
Ryan McGivern
Pa Kujabi

Alan O'Brien
Ross Chisholm
Brian Kerr

Clayton Donaldson
James Collins
Amadou Konte

Thats a team to send shivers down the spine of any Hibs Fan :greengrinPlenty of worse players than McGivern at the back, dunno why he gets so much flack. He was rotten under Butcher but generally good for 18 months under Fenlon.

heretoday
07-03-2016, 08:55 PM
McGivern! That's like shouting Macbeth! in a room full of actors.

Fergos
07-03-2016, 09:02 PM
:agree: Closely followed by Leighton. Williams would be lucky to get in the top 5.

Id, maybe controversially, have Leighton in before Goram, thought he was class and revived his career at ER.

GGTTH

Smartie
07-03-2016, 09:04 PM
Id, maybe controversially, have Leighton in before Goram, thought he was class and revived his career at ER.

GGTTH

I spent the duration of Leighton's time at Easter Road arguing with huns that he was better than Andy Goram and that he should be in the Scotland side ahead of him.

I'm not going to back down or change my tune now.

Fergos
07-03-2016, 09:09 PM
I spent the duration of Leighton's time at Easter Road arguing with huns that he was better than Andy Goram and that he should be in the Scotland side ahead of him.

I'm not going to back down or change my tune now.

Agreed, Leighton was the consummate pro and was superb for us. Quality keeper.

GGTTH

HoboHarry
07-03-2016, 09:31 PM
Think Liam Fontaine is worth a shout for worst striker ever......:greengrin

Sir David Gray
07-03-2016, 10:44 PM

Liam Craig wasn't even one of the worst Hibs players during the time he was at the club, never mind being one of the worst Hibs players of all time.

Sir David Gray
07-03-2016, 10:51 PM
Zibby Malkowski

Darren McCormack
Colin Murdock
Ryan McGivern
Pa Kujabi

Alan O'Brien
Ross Chisholm
Brian Kerr

Clayton Donaldson
James Collins
Amadou Konte

Replace Clayton Donaldson with Junior Agogo and James Collins with Shefki Kuqi and you probably have a winning entry there.

That team would be in League Two in next to no time.

Smartie
07-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Zibby Malkowski

Darren McCormack
Colin Murdock
Ryan McGivern
Pa Kujabi

Alan O'Brien
Ross Chisholm
Brian Kerr

Clayton Donaldson
James Collins
Amadou Konte

Who's telling Darren McCormack he's in this team?

He shouldn't be near the team, too many bonus points acquired when he banjoed Calum Elliot.

Wee Effen Bee
07-03-2016, 10:57 PM
Anyone fancy starting a thread? "10 worst Hibs.Net threads of all time!":grr:

My_Wife_Camille
07-03-2016, 11:10 PM
Liam Craig wasn't even one of the worst Hibs players during the time he was at the club, never mind being one of the worst Hibs players of all time.

Disagree. Many of the players named above were worse than rotten and fully deserve to be categorised as some of the worst ever. Funny though that Hibernian were regular top 6 finishers in the SPL while the likes of Kerr, Zarabi, O'Brien, Keenan, Gatheussi, Malkowski and Konte were at the club. Even guys like Wiss, Townsley and Colin Murdock barely finished a season below 7th or 8th in what was a much stronger league at the time.

Yet somehow these guys are being consistently labelled as up there with the worst ever while someone like Liam Craig doesn't. His entire Hibernian career will always be synonymous with failure. From the 0-7 thrashing by Malmo to the clubs worst run of home results in its history to relegation and through to failure to get promoted. Up there with Collins, Vine, and McGivern in his first season and very much the worst player at the club in his second.

I can understand why people would stick up for him while he was here but now he's gone I don't see why people still feel the need to pretend that he was any good.

magnificent_seven
07-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Anyone fancy starting a thread? "10 worst Hibs.Net threads of all time!":grr:

Here is an idea - and please stop me if this sounds a bit too wacky - don't view threads that you have no interest in. Even more - don't comment on them. Sorry if that is a bit too leftfield for you. Just a crazy idea that I came up with there.