PDA

View Full Version : Parade Monday 21st

Pages : [1] 2

07-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Hate talking about parades, celebrations etc. as don't want to tempt fate or sound like i'm being cocky but was just reading on twitter that IF we win on Sunday there will be no parade on Sunday night.

Any truth in this? If so then why not and will there be something else arranged?

woodythehibee
07-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Admins, could you please delete all threads that mention victory parades please?

Thanks.

Why? Folk should know what's happening after the game so that they can make plans should we win on Sunday. All this "tempting fate" is a load of nonsense, a post on a message board is not going to make a difference to the match on Sunday.

07-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Admins, could you please delete all threads that mention victory parades please?

Thanks.

Why? I'm in absolutely no way being cocky or thinking its a dead cert that we will win. Was just surprised to hear that SHOULD we win there would be no sunday night celebrations.

Framie
07-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Any parade means a party at this time of the season with so much at stake having an almighty bender for the players is the last thing they need too much still to play for

GreenArmyyy!
07-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Hate talking about parades, celebrations etc. as don't want to tempt fate or sound like i'm being cocky but was just reading on twitter that IF we win on Sunday there will be no parade on Sunday night.

Any truth in this? If so then why not and will there be something else arranged?

This is true, there are no plans to do anything on Sunday due to the amount of issues there were in 2007. "If" we win the club will speak to the city and arrange something over the following week or so.

CorrieHibs
07-03-2016, 10:26 AM
IF we win, I'm sure there will be a parade on Monday afternoon/evening if not on the Sunday night.

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Because it gives me a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach and is forever used by obsessed rivals as definitive proof of our over-confidence, which I genuinely think we don't have.

Brightside
07-03-2016, 10:29 AM

Cancelled as Stokes has a night out in London planned.

07-03-2016, 10:30 AM
Because it gives me a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach and is forever used by obsessed rivals as definitive proof of our over-confidence, which I genuinely think we don't have.

I get that but like I say, i'm absolutely not over confident. It was simply to know what would happen IF we did it. Very different from giving it "oh WHEN we win whats going to happen".

I've prepared more in my head for what i'll do if we lose tbh. I've supported hibs long enough to know not to get cocky lol!

greenlex
07-03-2016, 10:40 AM
No parade. Show us the cup at the next home game. Proper fans will see it at Hampden anyway. Back to the stadium at night and it's full of part timers sitting in your seat you have at home games. Just the wee matter of winning it.

Craig_in_Prague
07-03-2016, 10:46 AM
Any parade means a party at this time of the season with so much at stake having an almighty bender for the players is the last thing they need too much still to play for

yep, Caley away 3 days later in a QTR final, with a very good chance to making another final !

I was thinking win or lose on Sun and the replay spells defeat.
1/ Win - pished for 1-2 days, not fit n ready for Wed
2/ Lose - pisehd 1 day and no confidence for Wed

If Stubbs has the team lift the trophy on Sunday and raring for Wed as well (and gets through), then hats off to him for making the club as professional as it damn should be!

The fans can have a party regardless, I don't really need to see a bus and trophy, not at the detriment of another big game in 3 days!

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 10:49 AM
OK, it's just a personal feeling, sorry if I rained on anyone's parade :greengrin

Ozyhibby
07-03-2016, 10:55 AM
I now think that with the game on Wednesday we should not bother with a parade if we win. Rest of the season should be all business now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibby_Huddy
07-03-2016, 11:07 AM
Just wait until may and parade it with the Scottish Cup 😮

Framie
07-03-2016, 11:10 AM
:agree: Parades should be for the end of the season if we are successful

Billy McKirdy
07-03-2016, 11:11 AM
1972, 1991 & 2007 we had parades as soon as the team got back to Edinburgh, I see no reason why we can't do the same this time IF we win it.
Leaving it a day or a week will take away from the occasion for me, let the celebrations commenced right after the final whistle and deep into the night please.

superfurryhibby
07-03-2016, 11:14 AM
No parade. Show us the cup at the next home game. Proper fans will see it at Hampden anyway. Back to the stadium at night and it's full of part timers sitting in your seat you have at home games. Just the wee matter of winning it.

ER in 1991 remains as one of my favourite ever Hibs experiences. My eldest was six and he can still remember the night. These moments don't come around often so let's enjoy it to the max, should we win of course!

Viva_Palmeiras
07-03-2016, 11:15 AM
OK, it's just a personal feeling, sorry if I rained on anyone's parade :greengrin

I'll not be going to the parade that's not been arranged and will not be rained on.

I'm all for spontaneity but looks like the muppets that repeatedly interrupted the last celebration P'd on all subsequent ones in the process.

Given this new reality There should be an agreed approach to an event so everyone is clear what the schedule is.

Craig_in_Prague
07-03-2016, 11:15 AM
ER in 1991 remains as one of my favourite ever Hibs experiences. My eldest was six and he can still remember the night. These moments don't come around often so let's enjoy it to the max, should we win of course!

on 2nd thought; no reason there can't be a parade, but the players don't drink!

Andy74
07-03-2016, 11:22 AM
If we win a cup there should be a bus through town. Job done that night when fans out anyway.

Would be ridiculous to win a cup and do nothing.

JimBHibees
07-03-2016, 11:29 AM
If we win a cup there should be a bus through town. Job done that night when fans out anyway.

Totally agree a parade any other time or nothing at all would be ridiculous.

California-Hibs
07-03-2016, 11:35 AM
I will be raging if we win the cup and there's no parade to follow! It's not like these moments happen regularly as a Hibs fan! 2007 was superb following the bus from princess street to Easter Road, definitely added majorly to the whole occasion. Hopefully we hear something offical from Hibs. Does someone have the email address where we can maybe find something out about this?

hibee-boys
07-03-2016, 11:38 AM
You'd think we win a cup every couple of years! IF we win the cup there should be a parade, at the very least, on the Sunday night. Why? (a) we don't win a cup every couple of years (b) the players/management/back room staff would deserve to be congratulated in such a way (c) i completely trust the management team to lay down the line in regard to the players over doing celebrations! and (d) it'll really annoy the puddle drinkers!😉

HibsNutter
07-03-2016, 11:42 AM
If we win we can have a parade another time/parade the cup after a league game. We have a massive match three days after Sunday and I'd rather the players were focussed on that, a chance to play the worst team in the PL for a place in the final.

Hiber-nation
07-03-2016, 11:45 AM

Exactly. I'm sure the players could manage that without going on "an almighty bender" :rolleyes:

staunchhibby
07-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Ffs can we please stop having digs at Stokes its becoming monotonous.

Hiber-nation
07-03-2016, 11:50 AM
Ffs can we please stop having digs at Stokes its becoming monotonous.

Can't see anyone having a go at Stokes.

BoomtownHibees
07-03-2016, 11:54 AM

Correct

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Can't see anyone having a go at Stokes.

I was wondering where that came from as well. Bit random...

staunchhibby
07-03-2016, 11:56 AM
Near the top reference to no parade as Stokes will be in London

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 12:00 PM

Ah, OK.

Looked like a humorous comment to me, as opposed to an attack on Stokes.

GreenCastle
07-03-2016, 12:00 PM
This was the parade route in 2013

http://news.stv.tv/east-central/225826-scottish-cup-victory-parade-route-map-if-hibs-can-beat-celtic-on-may-26/

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 12:05 PM
This was the parade route in 2013

http://news.stv.tv/east-central/225826-scottish-cup-victory-parade-route-map-if-hibs-can-beat-celtic-on-may-26/

That was a crap proposal.

Not only did it go nowhere near Leith Walk, it didn't even go down London Rd, the most logical alternative. It seemed more like a proposal for the least objectionable route for the council bigwigs.

Carheenlea
07-03-2016, 12:08 PM
Surely there will be a parading of the Cup on return to Edinburgh should we win. Not too fussed about a party in the ground at night, but an open top bus would have to be a given at least.
I live 25 miles from ER but would be heading back to Edinburgh in light of victory. A parade/party at a later date is all well and good, but would never come close to the raw emotion of seeing silverware paraded through the streets a few hours after victory.
Open Top bus along Princes Street and down Leith Walk and up Easter Road. That's all we would need to do. I can live without the opening up ER.

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Seeing as I've been dragged into this, against my better judgement... and because I'm such an opinionated barsteward ;-)

Team get on open topped bus at Haymarket*, then travel along Princes St, down Leith St, to the foot of Leith Walk, Duke St, then back up Easter Rd to the stadium.

* Actually my second choice, as I don't think the Polis would be happy with my first idea, of boarding the bus outside Tynecastle and travelling along Gorgie and Dalry.

GreenCastle
07-03-2016, 12:14 PM
That was a crap proposal.

Not only did it go nowhere near Leith Walk, it didn't even go down London Rd, the most logical alternative. It seemed more like a proposal for the least objectionable route for the council bigwigs.

Agreed - crap route and should go down part of Leith Walk at least and London Road.

If nothing official is announced there should just be a party organised for Leith Walk on the Sunday night.

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 12:24 PM
Agreed - crap route and should go down part of Leith Walk at least and London Road.

If nothing official is announced there should just be a party organised for Leith Walk on the Sunday night.

Fantastic idea, let's do it.

lucky
07-03-2016, 12:41 PM
I'd be very disappointed if there's no parade. The players don't have to drink but the celebrations in 1991 were amazing, 2007 less so due to the speed of the bus through the town. But winning and celebrating go hand in hand.

Ronniekirk
07-03-2016, 12:51 PM
I'd be very disappointed if there's no parade. The players don't have to drink but the celebrations in 1991 were amazing, 2007 less so due to the speed of the bus through the town. But winning and celebrating go hand in hand.

We have the cup replay now against ICT on the Wednesday so i don't think Stubbs will want any distractions and the mental exertions of a cup final cant be overlooked as stephen Thompson said on sports scene
The players will need to get as much rest as possible and as folk are saying if we do win the fans can party anyway
Its a pity but think the Cup reply has put paid to anything big being organised but let s wait and see what is announced

Andy74
07-03-2016, 01:11 PM
We have the cup replay now against ICT on the Wednesday so i don't think Stubbs will want any distractions and the mental exertions of a cup final cant be overlooked as stephen Thompson said on sports scene
The players will need to get as much rest as possible and as folk are saying if we do win the fans can party anyway
Its a pity but think the Cup reply has put paid to anything big being organised but let s wait and see what is announced

You need to celebrate a cup otherwise what's the point?

They need to sit or stand on a bus through town for a bit. I doubt it will impact their ability to play a game on Wednesday night.

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 01:14 PM
You need to celebrate a cup otherwise what's the point?

They need to sit or stand on a bus through town for a bit. I doubt it will impact their ability to play a game on Wednesday night.

:agree:

I'd imagine the players will engage in some form of celebration anyway and it's not as if we win tophies so often that we can be blasé about it.

California-Hibs
07-03-2016, 01:14 PM

This is getting rediculous!!! We're taking about an event that will happen literally just 3 hours after the game!! Something that will run from around 8pm-10pm. Do people really think there won't be a 'mental focus' if the cup finial isn't blocked out of minds come 10pm instead of 5pm?! Ridiculous!

Get the bus and parade done good and proper, it's history and tradition and doesn't come around all too often! This better happen.

Fife-Hibee
07-03-2016, 01:34 PM
This is getting rediculous!!! We're taking about an event that will happen literally just 3 hours after the game!! Something that will run from around 8pm-10pm. Do people really think there won't be a 'mental focus' if the cup finial isn't blocked out of minds come 10pm instead of 5pm?! Ridiculous!

Get the bus and parade done good and proper, it's history and tradition and doesn't come around all too often! This better happen.

This !

Ronniekirk
07-03-2016, 02:45 PM

I did say at the end lets wait and see whats announced Some posters had said they had heard anything that was going to be done was happening on the Monday Don't know if any truth in that
but that was before we knew we had the replay on the Wed
The reference to the Final taking a lot out the players physically and mentally was said by another player of another club who had been through this and he was highlighting in his opinion this would make the replay more difficult for us to negotiate

GreenArmyyy!
07-03-2016, 02:56 PM
As I've said above, nothing is being done after the game on Sunday due to the problems in 2007. There are no "plans" yet for anything on Monday but that could change.

Wish they would just do it on Sunday, it's all part of the bloody day!

GreenCastle
07-03-2016, 03:12 PM
As I've said above, nothing is being done after the game on Sunday due to the problems in 2007. There are no "plans" yet for anything on Monday but that could change.

I hope they come out with a statement soon - would be a real shame and cop out if they didn't do anything.

California-Hibs
07-03-2016, 03:25 PM

Please tell me where you're hearing this?

Andy74
07-03-2016, 03:32 PM

The stadium bit doesn't matter though. Get the bus done and that would cover it.

Onion
07-03-2016, 03:35 PM
This is true, there are no plans to do anything on Sunday due to the amount of issues there were in 2007. "If" we win the club will speak to the city and arrange something over the following week or so.

Well, all I can say is, that's typical Edinburgh Council/police crap. The parade is often the best bit of the day when the whole community (and neutrals) come out into the street to receive the players. Folk come back from the game in their colours with flags and banners and the whole occasion is spontaneous, colourful and fun. Having some over-organised, formal parade a few days or weeks later is like celebrating a goal 10 minutes after it's scored.

Yes, there were some juvenile idiots who invaded the pitch at ER and probably a few incidents in the run up/after, but the police need to man up and deal with these so the 99% who just want to celebrate can do so.

Pete
07-03-2016, 03:42 PM
None of this Monday nonsense. I'd rather we just stuck it away and got on with thinking about ICT than have a forced parade a day after the event that so many people won't be able to go to.

Why can't they just have the open top bus on Sunday like last time and not bother with the stadium if it's too much trouble?

There are probably bitter Saviles at the council at work here.

bigwheel
07-03-2016, 03:44 PM
I really hope there is a debate on here next week about why we didn't have a parade...winning the cup and a party day out will be enough for me ! :)

Hibee87
07-03-2016, 04:16 PM

Where are you getting this info?

I fully understand the problems in the stadium in 2007, but this can easily be resolved.

Either season tickets get you in and you can rush back to purchase a ticket to get in, even say a token 1 pound entry fee or just close the stadium entirly.

There is no closures on Leith walk this time so even a bus down LW and up E.R would be better than nothing.

Anything planned at a later date would just be crazy and a lot less people would turn out for it imo.

jacomo
07-03-2016, 04:27 PM

Shouldn't affect things though as his night out in London is on Saturday.

:wink:

JimBHibees
07-03-2016, 04:31 PM
The stadium bit doesn't matter though. Get the bus done and that would cover it.

Agree no real need for the stadium but parade should be a given.

Giro Playboy
07-03-2016, 04:34 PM

Would be ridiculous to win a cup and do nothing. I can imagine if there is no parade its because Stubbs wants the players fully focused on the cup replay 72 hours later.
If truth be told it would be crap for the fans as we are not exactly spoilt with open top bus parades but from a professional point of view I can understand why AS might adopt this approach.

ChooseLife
07-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Same as last time, I think most will feel the call of the holy ground on the night should we win, I'm way too excited.

GreenCastle
07-03-2016, 04:37 PM
You would hope the minimum they would do is open up the stadium and allow ST holders in for free and then have tickets - free or a cost for those who wanted to fill the other seats.

Play a few Proclaimers songs etc and have a few speeches etc.

I really hope Ross County don't use this thread as motivation...:paranoid:

Giro Playboy
07-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Maybe the polis have stopped a parade due to the fact there will be 70'000 rugger buggers in the town that day.

Andy74
07-03-2016, 05:05 PM
I can imagine if there is no parade its because Stubbs wants the players fully focused on the cup replay 72 hours later.
If truth be told it would be crap for the fans as we are not exactly spoilt with open top bus parades but from a professional point of view I can understand why AS might adopt this approach.

No, still wouldn't understand it. They will have just won a cup - a couple of hours out their evening to sit on a bus won't alter anything.

In fact, it should blooming well encourage them to want to relive the scenes over and over again in their careers.

California-Hibs
07-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Still waiting to hear where the 'no parade' info is coming from.

Just Alf
07-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Maybe the polis have stopped a parade due to the fact there will be 70'000 rugger buggers in the town that day.
Thing is... they'd probably want to join in on the spectacle!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Giro Playboy
07-03-2016, 05:11 PM
Thing is... they'd probably want to join in on the spectacle!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk It would please me because it would make the streets look even busier when the bus went past but maybe the coppers don't want even more traffic chaos.

blackpoolhibs
07-03-2016, 05:13 PM
My recollection of 2007 was a couple of fans got on the pitch, but the police were a ****in bunch of pricks and spoilt the whole night with their heavy handedness.

They wouldn't let the players go round the stadium, and to be fair i have no idea why they had any authority anyway?

Greenblood70
07-03-2016, 05:30 PM
My recollection of 2007 was a couple of fans got on the pitch, but the police were a ****in bunch of pricks and spoilt the whole night with their heavy handedness.

They wouldn't let the players go round the stadium, and to be fair i have no idea why they had any authority anyway?

That's my recollection as well - the polis were an absolute disgrace that night. If I recall the stadium was half empty as most folk were being stopped from going any further at Easter Road - we barely even saw the bus for the roadblock. Utter ********s they really are.

There better be a parade after the final if we win.

marinello59
07-03-2016, 05:35 PM
That's my recollection as well - the polis were an absolute disgrace that night. If I recall the stadium was half empty as most folk were being stopped from going any further at Easter Road - we barely even saw the bus for the roadblock. Utter ********s they really are.

There better be a parade after the final if we win.

The stadium being half empty was not the fault of the police. It was well signalled that the stadium would shut whilst the bus was still coming down Leith Walk. That was to stop people watching the parade them all trying to get in to the stadium at the same time. It was a perfectly valid safety concern, it was up to individuals to choose between seeing the open top bus or greeting the team at ER. The police aren't perfect but they weren't at fault there.

07-03-2016, 06:02 PM
You would hope the minimum they would do is open up the stadium and allow ST holders in for free and then have tickets - free or a cost for those who wanted to fill the other seats.

Play a few Proclaimers songs etc and have a few speeches etc.

I really hope Ross County don't use this thread as motivation...:paranoid:

I'm sure their fans will be asking questions as to what their plans are should they win. Nobodys getting cocky, it's just good for folk to have an idea whats going to happen IF we win.

lucky
07-03-2016, 06:27 PM
Hardly think that Ross County will need motivation of a Hibs fans site for a cup final. Some people need a reality check. It's only Hibs fans wanting to celebrate winning a national cup. If County win I'm sure the whole of Dingwall will be out to greet them.

andyf5
07-03-2016, 06:45 PM
The stadium being half empty was not the fault of the police. It was well signalled that the stadium would shut whilst the bus was still coming down Leith Walk. That was to stop people watching the parade them all trying to get in to the stadium at the same time. It was a perfectly valid safety concern, it was up to individuals to choose between seeing the open top bus or greeting the team at ER. The police aren't perfect but they weren't at fault there.

I just hope the bus goes a wee bit slower (if there is a) this time - it whizzed past on Princes Street in 2007...

Greenblood70
07-03-2016, 06:59 PM

I disagree - by the time we got down near the stadium after getting the train back they'd already blocked access. It was causing more bother than anything that night as did their intransigence and over the top reaction to anyone asking what was going on. A bit of common sense seemed totally beyond them.

emerald green
07-03-2016, 07:10 PM
Should Hibs win on Sunday, surely all parties concerned will have learned the lessons of 2007, and made appropriate plans to try to make sure those problems are avoided this time. Is that too much to expect?

Not to have a parade with the cup on Sunday evening, IF Hibs were to win the trophy, would be ridiculous.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-03-2016, 07:18 PM
Of course there should be a parade, if we were to win. Stubbsy would just need to have a word with the players to remind them about the replay on Weds and suggest they have a couple of beers and leave it at that. He's made it clear that he trusts his players.

Winning a cup for a team in a big city and having the opportunity to parade it through the streets to the stadium must be a fantastic experience, just ask Budgie, Gareth Evans or Ivan, and it would be unfair to deny them that.

Just my personal opinion.

snooky
07-03-2016, 07:20 PM
If there is a parade, I hope Lewis Hamilton disny drive the bus doon the Walk like the last time we won it.

It just went whoosh and past us before you could say Airchie McPherson. :spider:

shetlandhibee
07-03-2016, 07:31 PM
I will be raging if we win the cup and there's no parade to follow! It's not like these moments happen regularly as a Hibs fan! 2007 was superb following the bus from princess street to Easter Road, definitely added majorly to the whole occasion. Hopefully we hear something offical from Hibs. Does someone have the email address where we can maybe find something out about this?
has to be the same night surely(if we win that is)players dont need to drink < show the cup to the fans on the day, i for 1 wont see any parades next day or next home match?? they will be a lot of folk in same boat as me,, im not a season ticket holder but i see hibs once or twice a year ill not get much change(if any)out of £1500 for two trips to see hibs(money well spent in my eyes)ive nver missed a final from 91 onwards but (IF)we win and no parade after me and my son will be gutted(but still happy weve won the cup):flag:anyway hope to see some of you next wkend... GGTTH

Onion
07-03-2016, 07:49 PM
If Hibs don't want to be seen to "assume" anything, they can always make plans with the consent of the police, and release the details on the Hibs website 10 mins after the final whistle goes (if we win of course). That's the magic of social media and the internet - instant communication. All they'd need to say before the match is that any post-match arrangement will be posted on the Hibs FC website.

If we get beat, they just don't publish anything.

PatHead
07-03-2016, 09:20 PM
Would Benny Brazil be driving the bus?

SteveHFC
07-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Just read on the bounce no celebration event will be planned on Sunday if we win. Shocking decision.

JimBHibees
07-03-2016, 10:05 PM
Just read on the bounce no celebration event will be planned on Sunday if we win. Shocking decision.

Who decides that?

Billy Whizz
07-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Who decides that?

Maybe Hibs, probably the fact that we have a massive game on the Wednesday after

JimBHibees
07-03-2016, 10:12 PM
Maybe Hibs, probably the fact that we have a massive game on the Wednesday after

Surely not. Open top bus should be a given.

Spike Mandela
07-03-2016, 10:21 PM
Cup final should be on the bloody Saturday, avoid clashing with the Scottish rugby, Ross Co fans could travel in greater no's as likely to not be working on Sunday and whichever teamwins the ****ing cup could have their parade on the Sunday.

It really is very simple.

B.H.F.C
07-03-2016, 11:35 PM

If you read the response from Amit on that thread, he says discussions are ongoing in the background. CURRENTLY there are no plans in place, doesn't mean there won't be.

I reckon something will be done. Given the outcomes of our last couple of finals, maybe the club just don't want to jump the gun.

Jones28
07-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Surely something will be done on the Sunday? Remember the last time was a bit shambolic but the unveiling of the cup after we were beaten by Hearts the following week was worse than any chaotic parade the night of the win.

broondog
07-03-2016, 11:56 PM
presumably there wiil be a parade on monday evening if not on sunday. cant wait for it as ive taken the whole week off to get pished and celebrate. ggtth

ekhibee
08-03-2016, 12:24 AM
maybe I'm not understanding something here, but why does the Scottish Cup replay have to be played this week? Everbody's known when the Scottish League Cup final was going to be played for a long time. Just seems like bad planning rescheduling a replay the same week as one of the teams is competing in a cup final. maybe somebody will enlighten me. I'm not being smug, I really don't understand why.

GreenCastle
08-03-2016, 12:46 AM
To answer the questions about replay dates / final on Saturday and why a pitch is being relaid 7 days before a final..quite simply...Scottish Football..

Not to mention the mess up they had of the Scottish cup draw and the potential for the playoffs to clash with the Scottish Cup and you can see the muppets still run our game.

oconnors_strip
08-03-2016, 09:50 AM
maybe I'm not understanding something here, but why does the Scottish Cup replay have to be played this week? Everbody's known when the Scottish League Cup final was going to be played for a long time. Just seems like bad planning rescheduling a replay the same week as one of the teams is competing in a cup final. maybe somebody will enlighten me. I'm not being smug, I really don't understand why.

It's next week, 3 days after our final

ekhibee
08-03-2016, 10:23 AM
It's next week, 3 days after our final
I know, that's why I was asking why it needed to be played the same week as the final.

itslegaltender
08-03-2016, 11:46 AM
We all just head to Easter Road after the game and wait there for the bus to come back. Simple.

grammyb111
08-03-2016, 12:22 PM

This is what I've heard as well. Council and police have objected because of what happened in 2007, incidentally it would be the same for Hearts before any 'Council bias' arguement spews forth. I don't agree with the decision but the Council have said that there won't be any parades on the day of a cup win anymore. There were initial discussions about having something the following weekend, though I don't know if anything came of them. Hibs might try to organise something (at the ground perhaps) but as for road closures etc for a parade - not on Sunday. Source - Someone in the Council that organises these type of things.

Onion
08-03-2016, 12:31 PM

Crazy decision that needs to be reverse straight away.

If it's the police, then they are there to serve the good folk of Edinburgh and need to find a solution to make it happen. If it's Hibs, they need to give an amazing explanation as they are going to seriously piss off a lot of people, many who are coming from all over the world for the weekend.

California-Hibs
08-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Crazy decision that needs to be reverse straight away.

If it's the police, then they are there to serve the good folk of Edinburgh and need to find a solution to make it happen. If it's Hibs, they need to give an amazing explanation as they are going to seriously piss off a lot of people, many who are coming from all over the world for the weekend.

Exactly!! There better be something happening, and stuff this 'for the following weekend' crap. Everyone who has spent a fortune traveling from all likes of places will be firmly back home at that point! I'll be seriously gutted if we don't do anything at all. Even just opening the stadium, or having the bus at the back of the west, there has to be SOMETHING!

Onion
08-03-2016, 12:40 PM
This is what I've heard as well. Council and police have objected because of what happened in 2007, incidentally it would be the same for Hearts before any 'Council bias' arguement spews forth. I don't agree with the decision but the Council have said that there won't be any parades on the day of a cup win anymore. There were initial discussions about having something the following weekend, though I don't know if anything came of them. Hibs might try to organise something (at the ground perhaps) but as for road closures etc for a parade - not on Sunday. Source - Someone in the Council that organises these type of things.

Don't you believe it ! If the council's beloved Hearts pushed to have a parade on the day of the game, they would find a way to make it happen.

Having a formal parade a week after the event is madness. This is not the Holy Grail, and we have a midweek game that might see us knocked out of the Scottish Cup taking the wind right out our sails. Many of the folk who are travelling from all over the world will have gone home. There could be more on the bus than standing in the street !

JimBHibees
08-03-2016, 12:41 PM

Not sure I agree with that, would certainly need to be convinced

Ozyhibby
08-03-2016, 12:46 PM
When Hearts were in the final in 2013 the whole of Gorgie had barriers laid out and parking was suspended in all the surrounding streets. They were definitely doing the full parade that night until Super John McGinn and his mates put a stop to it.

JimBHibees
08-03-2016, 12:48 PM
When Hearts were in the final in 2013 the whole of Gorgie had barriers laid out and parking was suspended in all the surrounding streets. They were definitely doing the full parade that night until Super John McGinn and his mates put a stop to it.

Yep pretty sure someone on here was driving through Gorgie with the railings out for a parade and took a photo of it. No mention at that time of no parade being on the same day. Not surprising.

Ozyhibby
08-03-2016, 12:50 PM
One thing I do have sympathy for is, if the stadium is to open then it means a lot of Hibs staff will not be able to go to Glasgow to watch the match. With the club's new ethos of everybody working together at the club, I think it's only right that everyone who works at the club is there to share in the moment at Hampden.

Ozyhibby
08-03-2016, 12:51 PM
Yep pretty sure someone on here was driving through Gorgie with the railings out for a parade and took a photo of it. No mention at that time of no parade being on the same day. Not surprising.

I drove through and all the streets leading on to Gorgie road were closed off.

Hibee87
08-03-2016, 12:55 PM
I drove through and all the streets leading on to Gorgie road were closed off.

http://stv.tv/news/east-central/217456-hearts-victory-parade-route-through-edinburgh-is-mapped/

So to say after the trouble of 2007 there would be no on the day parades again is just lies from the council and/or police!

ekhibee
08-03-2016, 12:58 PM
I'll try again. Why couldn't they have scheduled the Scottish Cup replay for the week after? Surely that wouldv'e given Hibs the time to parade the cup?

Hibee87
08-03-2016, 01:01 PM
I'll try again. Why couldn't they have scheduled the Scottish Cup replay for the week after? Surely that wouldv'e given Hibs the time to parade the cup?

I don't see anywhere that says we are not doing it based on the fact we have a midweek game after it, the info being provided is the council/police are blocking it happening the same day.

JimBHibees
08-03-2016, 01:29 PM
http://stv.tv/news/east-central/217456-hearts-victory-parade-route-through-edinburgh-is-mapped/

So to say after the trouble of 2007 there would be no on the day parades again is just lies from the council and/or police!

No, no we were told both clubs would be barred from same day final parades after 2007. Joke.

worcesterhibby
08-03-2016, 01:45 PM
not happy if there is no parade...Scottish football needs to take every opportunity it can to celebrate. The Council and the Police can go and take a hike.

Onion
08-03-2016, 01:56 PM
No, no we were told both clubs would be barred from same day final parades after 2007. Joke.

If not double standards by our elected Council, then a large dose of sour grapes.

We need an official statement with a logical explanation for any deviation from all the previous cup wins. If it has anything to do with 2007, then the police and Council are singling Hibs fans out as trouble-makers who cannot be trusted to behave, but Hearts fans are fine. That needs to be challenged.

Then again, the EDC will be praying we get beat.

CentreLine
08-03-2016, 02:00 PM
If not double standards by our elected Council, then a large dose of sour grapes.

We need an official statement with a logical explanation for any deviation from all the previous cup wins. If it has anything to do with 2007, then the police and Council are singling Hibs fans out as trouble-makers who cannot be trusted to behave, but Hearts fans are fine. That needs to be challenged.

I know they are busy but perhaps something for our Fans Reps to look in to :dunno:

Carheenlea
08-03-2016, 02:14 PM
If we win, and the council & police force's determination that Hibs fans enjoying a traditional victory parade won't be welcomed, then just open up the skylights of team bus - get Stubbsy & David Gray to poke themselves through it and show off the cup as the bus heads through the capital back to ER. We can do this without permission of killjoy officialdom.

Alfred E Newman
08-03-2016, 02:38 PM

I take it the trouble referred to was in and around the ground. If I remember correctly any "trouble" was caused by poor organisation by the police Commander.

JimBHibees
08-03-2016, 02:43 PM

There definitely needs to be a proper explanation if this is indeed the case. If they are saying that the stadium wouldnt be open due to safety I think I could live with it as long as there was a parade beforehand. To have no parade with a reason given that after 2007 it was decided no same day parades then they need to explain why Hearts were able to have one in 2013 even though it wasnt needed. Given the council is perceived to have made decisions in the past which appear to have favoured that team e.g the less than rigorous pursuit of non-payment being one then there needs to be clear communication from the council why. Getting gubbed in the last round of the Scottish cup doesnt cover it.

Hibee87
08-03-2016, 02:46 PM
I take it the trouble referred to was in and around the ground. If I remember correctly any "trouble" was caused by poor organisation by the police Commander.

I guess so, I dont remember any official announcement back then, but Marinello has said a few times it was clearly advertised either watch the bus or go to the ground, i know a few fannies were on the pitch but thats it.

its not hard to organise and say were not opening the stadium but will do a parade.

The alternative is if there is no plans made that xxx thousand hibs fan congregate at the west waiting on the team coming back which would then result in even more carnage than if it is planned and advertised properly

Pete
08-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Bitter Saviles at the council. GTF.

Leithenhibby
08-03-2016, 06:15 PM

They certainly had a plan :greengrin

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=z1iCMeJKCTlA.kNAwruzIRQtQ&hl=en

Onion
08-03-2016, 06:47 PM
If we win it, have a feeling the informal parade of the team bus all the way to ER will be much better than anything the Hearts Loving Council will sanction. What are they gonna do ? Declare a curfew, bring in the army, stamp their feet and hold a meeting ?

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2016, 07:13 PM
I cant say i saw any trouble before during or after the game in 2007, but we were one of the first folk back in the ground. The only trouble caused in the ground was by the police.

They seemed hell bent on nobody enjoying themselves, and i include the players in that. :rolleyes:

Pete
08-03-2016, 07:19 PM
It's probably down to cash. Some pathetic yam beancounter would have seen their 2013 non parade as a waste of money so they don't want to risk repeating that mistake.

Here's an idea Norman: take a bit less of our council tax cash for your gold plated ****ing pension.

Northernhibee
08-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Decisions like this only serve to cheapen Scottish football. A cup win should be celebrated.

Giro Playboy
08-03-2016, 08:02 PM
I guess so, I dont remember any official announcement back then, but Marinello has said a few times it was clearly advertised either watch the bus or go to the ground, i know a few fannies were on the pitch but thats it.

I was caught up in a big crush on Easter Road between fans walking down trying to get to the stadium and others heading towards them who couldn't get into the ground. It was a bit of a shambles and I'm surprised nobody was hurt. Folk were bevied and tempers were fraying

Stuarty27
08-03-2016, 08:06 PM
Why no announcement from the club

Onion
08-03-2016, 08:20 PM
Decisions like this only serve to cheapen Scottish football. A cup win should be celebrated.

Players can't celebrate goals, fans can't celebrate cup wins. There are some seriously sad ****ers out there.

Pretty Boy
08-03-2016, 08:31 PM

Spot on.

norhfc
08-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Sadly I can't make it over this time but they really do need to organise something. Was at east end of Princes St in 2007 and was one of many highlights that day. They are asking for trouble if they don't, thousands hanging around up toon with no parade, bad idea.

Danny_Hibee
08-03-2016, 08:54 PM
Sadly I can't make it over this time but they really do need to organise something. Was at east end of Princes St in 2007 and was one of many highlights that day. They are asking for trouble if they don't, thousands hanging around up toon with no parade, bad idea.

Maybe everyone could just make their way up to City Chambers for a party there if the council want to block any plans of a parade?

GreenCastle
08-03-2016, 09:23 PM
Maybe everyone could just make their way up to City Chambers for a party there if the council want to block any plans of a parade?

Surely Leith Walk would be better?

Bishop Hibee
08-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Disgrace if there is no parade on the Sunday evening if we win. It makes you wonder if the police and politicians serve us or the other way around 😕

Alfred E Newman
08-03-2016, 09:38 PM
I cant say i saw any trouble before during or after the game in 2007, but we were one of the first folk back in the ground. The only trouble caused in the ground was by the police.

They seemed hell bent on nobody enjoying themselves, and i include the players in that. :rolleyes:

That's it exactly. The ground was well under capacity with the South stand shut. I accept that they couldn't just open the doors and let 50000 in but it was not well handled at all. It appeared the police commander was completely out his depth.

Frazerbob
08-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Any chance of some clarification from the club of are they adopting the same stance as they did when our fans and manager were roundly abused for a few hours at Ibrox and saying **** all?

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2016, 09:49 PM
Any chance of some clarification from the club of are they adopting the same stance as they did when our fans and manager were roundly abused for a few hours at Ibrox and saying **** all?

:faf: People really do look for any reason to have a go at the club.

Frazerbob
08-03-2016, 09:57 PM
:faf: People really do look for any reason to have a go at the club.

A lot of folk were unhappy at the club for their silence on the matter & not making a statement and standing up for thiose of us there that day, quite rightly so IMO. Maybe not a topic for discussion in cup final week though, granted!

California-Hibs
08-03-2016, 10:02 PM
The club surely need to release a statement, Wednesday/Thursday at the latest! Once again, there simply needs to be something put in place, completely robbing the fans of the true experience if not!

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2016, 10:07 PM
A lot of folk were unhappy at the club for their silence on the matter & not making a statement and standing up for thiose of us there that day, quite rightly so IMO. Maybe not a topic for discussion in cup final week though, granted!How do you know the club have done nothing? How do you know they don't see dealing with it privately as a better course of action? What have you done about it?

Honestly you knew what it would be like when you bought tickets to go to Ibrox, it always has been like that. It isn't right but it isn't going to change*.

*EDIT - while Rangers themselves refuse to do anything about it.

B.H.F.C
08-03-2016, 10:11 PM
Amit said on the thread on the bounce that talks were ongoing. I'm guessing that once those talks are done the club will say something. The fact they aren't saying anything is probably because they don't have anything to say.......yet.

Ronniekirk
08-03-2016, 10:13 PM
Have Ross county announced their plans if they win it ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ALF TUPPER
08-03-2016, 10:18 PM

I hear they're all heading to your place Ronnie :greengrin

Ronniekirk
08-03-2016, 10:22 PM
I hear they're all heading to your place Ronnie :greengrin

Given how few tickets they have sold I have room for them green grin

Where is this secret Bowling club and keep me a pie Thinking will head to the pub in Shawlands for breakfast and first drink of the day and then jump in taxi There will be four of us

ALF TUPPER
08-03-2016, 10:27 PM
Given how few tickets they have sold I have room for them green grin

Where is this secret Bowling club and keep me a pie Thinking will head to the pub in Shawlands for breakfast and first drink of the day and then jump in taxi There will be four of us

ill confirm details tomorrow for you :aok:

Frazerbob
08-03-2016, 10:34 PM
How do you know the club have done nothing? How do you know they don't see dealing with it privately as a better course of action? What have you done about it?

Honestly you knew what it would be like when you bought tickets to go to Ibrox, it always has been like that. It isn't right but it isn't going to change*.

*EDIT - while Rangers themselves refuse to do anything about it.

I didn't say the club dud nothing. I said the club said nothing in public as I know the club made no statement, that's what I and many others were looking for. A bit of solidarity. I've been going to Ibrox for 30+ years, last visit was the worst I have experienced. We should not just put it down to 'you know what to expect when you go there'. What did I do? I complained to the police at the time.....fat lot of good that did.

Obviously riles you that I have a differing opinion but as I said, probably not the best subject matter a few days before a cup final so I'll leave it at that.

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2016, 10:36 PM
I didn't say the club dud nothing. I said the club said nothing in public as I know the club made no statement, that's what I and many others were looking for. A bit of solidarity. I've been going to Ibrox for 30+ years, last visit was the worst I have experienced. We should not just put it down to 'you know what to expect when you go there'. What did I do? I complained to the police at the time.....fat lot of good that did.

Obviously riles you that I have a differing opinion but as I said, probably not the best subject matter a few days before a cup final so I'll leave it at that.I'm not riled up about it, just see it as a pointless shot at the club when they have a different opinion from you.

Frazerbob
08-03-2016, 10:37 PM

Since the journey back to Dingwall is considerably longer than our journey home, they would never consider a parade on Sunday. It would be far too late. Aberdeen held theirs the following Sunday when they won it a couple of years back.

monktonharp
08-03-2016, 10:44 PM
this is what i've heard as well. Council and police have objected because of what happened in 2007, incidentally it would be the same for hearts before any 'council bias' arguement spews forth. I don't agree with the decision but the council have said that there won't be any parades on the day of a cup win anymore. There were initial discussions about having something the following weekend, though i don't know if anything came of them. Hibs might try to organise something (at the ground perhaps) but as for road closures etc for a parade - not on sunday. Source - some perick in the council that organises these type of things. fixed

Ronniekirk
08-03-2016, 10:57 PM
Since the journey back to Dingwall is considerably longer than our journey home, they would never consider a parade on Sunday. It would be far too late. Aberdeen held theirs the following Sunday when they won it a couple of years back.

But if they win it will be their first major trophy win so they will wan to celebrate that . My point is they must be planning for this ,so if they haven't announced any plans yet ,why are so many folk on here getting their knickers in a twist about a winning parade five full days before we even try to win it
If Amit says talks are ongoing leave the negotiators to negotiate and then if it's formally announced their isn't going to be one then this thread can go into meltdown .

hibsboy69
09-03-2016, 12:07 AM
But if they win it will be their first major trophy win so they will wan to celebrate that . My point is they must be planning for this ,so if they haven't announced any plans yet ,why are so many folk on here getting their knickers in a twist about a winning parade five full days before we even try to win it
If Amit says talks are ongoing leave the negotiators to negotiate and then if it's formally announced their isn't going to be one then this thread can go into meltdown .

:top marks

edinburghhibee
09-03-2016, 12:32 AM
Sorry I've not read the full thread but for me. If fans want to see the cup being lifted above the heads of our team get your ticket and get to the game. That's where the atmospheres gonna be anyway. I'm no overly fussy if there's a parade or not the last one wasn't great anyway. Get behind the team on Sunday. COME ON THE HIBEES!!!

CentreLine
09-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Sorry I've not read the full thread but for me. If fans want to see the cup being lifted above the heads of our team get your ticket and get to the game. That's where the atmospheres gonna be anyway. I'm no overly fussy if there's a parade or not the last one wasn't great anyway. Get behind the team on Sunday. COME ON THE HIBEES!!!

Have to disagree. Part of the fun is trying to get back from Hampden in time to see the trophy paraded. It is ourageous if the authorities are standing in the way if this. And an organised event weeks later is just a damp squib IMO.

GreenCastle
09-03-2016, 10:58 AM
The only positive I can see if no parade is that the club want to remain focused for the replay on Wednesday and the chance of a money making trip to hampden again.

Though as others have said these moments don't come around often and the buzz would be lost if it was done in any other way except on the night of the game.

lyonhibs
09-03-2016, 10:58 AM

It's a bad idea not to have a parade because it would be a big disappointment to Hibs fans and reeks of nanny state-ism but they are not "asking for trouble" in the sense that I suspect you mean it.

If there's no parade, anyone doing any sort of damage to council buildings/pavement dancing or anything similar will have no justification for doing so.

MagicSwirlingShip
09-03-2016, 11:24 AM
If there is no parade if we win it is a disgrace IMO.

One of my earliest and most vivid memories is seeing the players parade the Trophies in Easter Road after the SKOL cup win in 1991. Even got to touch the cup :thumbsup:

I've got a few younger cousins coming on Sunday and for them not to have the chance to see that would be very dissapointing. :agree:

The_Horde
09-03-2016, 12:08 PM
Everyone should calm doon.

Nobody has ruled out a parade, it just might not happen on the night. Which suits me too, I'd rather we organised it well rather than the nonsense of last time. Particularly those supporters who didn't attend the match strolling to the stadium before the folks who did bother their ***** to go could get back from glasgow.

CentreLine
09-03-2016, 12:31 PM
Everyone should calm doon.

Nobody has ruled out a parade, it just might not happen on the night. Which suits me too, I'd rather we organised it well rather than the nonsense of last time. Particularly those supporters who didn't attend the match strolling to the stadium before the folks who did bother their ***** to go could get back from glasgow.

Meh! Victory parades are for right after the win. It's for on the day, then move on. No chance I will be attending some contrived event a week or two later. Just a personal thing. Anyone who has been at the first home game after we have won trophies will know what I mean. It's just a damp squib trailing the trophy round the park at half time or after the game. With the exception of 8-1 v Ayr Utd all those years ago, I don't think that showing off a trophy has coincided with a win.
Mind you, it was some win the following week too. :flag:

Giro Playboy
09-03-2016, 04:13 PM
I see Staggies manager Jim McIntrye is saying that if Ross Co win on Sunday there will be no party as they have a league game against St Johnstone that week. I can imagine AS adopting the same attitude with the ICT game 72 hours later

Hibee87
09-03-2016, 04:21 PM
I see Staggies manager Jim McIntrye is saying that if Ross Co win on Sunday there will be no party as they have a league game against St Johnstone that week. I can imagine AS adopting the same attitude with the ICT game 72 hours later

The logistics of time for RC is understandable though, they wouldnt realistically be home to do it till around 11pm so I can understand that.

If its HIbs, a drive down E.R and Leith walk at 9 pm involving no drink for the players and then home after is really not goign to impact anything for wednesday surly.

Like I said earlier, IF we win and nothing is done/announced then many thousands of fans will just camp outside the west stand and wait on the bus any way, resulting in even more chaos.

Either way I would have thought something official would have been said by now.

Giro Playboy
09-03-2016, 05:45 PM
The logistics of time for RC is understandable though, they wouldnt realistically be home to do it till around 11pm so I can understand that.

If its HIbs, a drive down E.R and Leith walk at 9 pm involving no drink for the players and then home after is really not goign to impact anything for wednesday surly.

Like I said earlier, IF we win and nothing is done/announced then many thousands of fans will just camp outside the west stand and wait on the bus any way, resulting in even more chaos.

Either way I would have thought something official would have been said by now. Youve got to remember that at 4.45pm the cops will be trying to disperse 70'000 rugby fans so I can't see them welcoming 28'000 hibs fans back into edinburgh a couple of hours later

Aldo
09-03-2016, 05:56 PM
A parade would need to be applied for through CEC.

Jones28
09-03-2016, 06:01 PM
I'd be gutted if there was no parade. Even if we have a game on Wednesday its not like the players have to stay out till 4 am getting hammered and celebrating - that's our job surely?! 😜

EH54
09-03-2016, 06:02 PM
I'll be heading to leith regardless if there is a parade or not if we win that is

Andy74
09-03-2016, 06:05 PM

We can party. The players just have to ride a bus then go home.

bigwheel
09-03-2016, 06:41 PM
We can party. The players just have to ride a bus then go home.

It's not just about partying, you write as if it's simply a bus ride - have you any idea of the emotional impact of such a parade on these guys? do you think they can switch off as soon as they get off the bus? They will hardly be able to sleep for about the next 24 hours - it would have a huge emotional drain on them - definitely not the way to prepare for a football game in the Wednesday.

It's a shame, but if we are lucky enough to win and they want to have the best chance on Wednesday there should be no parade

Ronniekirk
09-03-2016, 07:42 PM

I asked that question the other night as knew they had a midweek game .Surely they must be arranging something for the following weekend if they win their first major Trophy .
But agree Stubbs is likely to adopt that same approach I would think

Maybe Rod will suggest he and L D parade the Cup round Easter Road Oh wait a minute folk would boycott it because Rod was there
Green Grin

I have enjoyed parades in the past and do have some sympathy for younger supporters that haven't witnessed that ,but it's down to the Club to decide what's best and when they decide they will tell us their decision and rationale behind it , and I have no problem with that

Andy74
09-03-2016, 11:07 PM
It's not just about partying, you write as if it's simply a bus ride - have you any idea of the emotional impact of such a parade on these guys? do you think they can switch off as soon as they get off the bus? They will hardly be able to sleep for about the next 24 hours - it would have a huge emotional drain on them - definitely not the way to prepare for a football game in the Wednesday.

It's a shame, but if we are lucky enough to win and they want to have the best chance on Wednesday there should be no parade

Rubbish. They will have just won a cup. The extra heading through town for a couple of hours 3 days before the next game would make no difference to their mental state. If anything it should encourage them to want to do it again.

Hibee87
10-03-2016, 07:36 AM

Emotional Impact? surly being a fan your emotions run at the same, if not higher than the players at times. Winning a cup, and if its done the Hibs way we can expect an emotional rollercoaster, the party in leith after etc.......none of this is going to make me phone my boss and say BTW on wednesday I wont be at your desiresed level.

No one want/expects them to go on the lash, but a parade for an hour is hardly going to kill them, and as another poster just said, it will only serve to enourage them to want to do it again. But next time it will be bigger! (we can pray haha)

marinello59
10-03-2016, 08:20 AM
I'd be gutted if there was no parade. Even if we have a game on Wednesday its not like the players have to stay out till 4 am getting hammered and celebrating - that's our job surely?! 

I wouldn't be too disappointed. The abiding memory of any cup win for me is seeing the trophy raised at Hampden. If we do win it, and we have a huge task ahead of us on Sunday to do so, then that would do me. Everything else would just be a bonus.

Craig_in_Prague
10-03-2016, 08:41 AM
Rubbish. They will have just won a cup. The extra heading through town for a couple of hours 3 days before the next game would make no difference to their mental state. If anything it should encourage them to want to do it again.

Yep, and if they went straight home - Surely their head would be buzzing anyway from their achievement - Can't imagine either way, they'll sleep perfectly that night (win or lose).
A bus parade to see what it means to the fans, surely can have a positive impact. They can still be home in bed at a decent hour.

JimBHibees
10-03-2016, 09:28 AM

Agree totally they will be high as kites from winning as it is.

heretoday
10-03-2016, 09:35 AM
I don't get it. Of course they have a parade. It's traditional. Then prepare for the ICT game. The players won't get so drunk they'll be unable to play. They're pros.

Onion
10-03-2016, 09:51 AM
The Glasgow Twins have dominated Scottish football for decades. The National Stadium and SFA Offices are in Glasgow. The OF Loving Media is Glasgow minded.

Watching your club hold the trophy aloft in Hampden is joyful, but is not the same as parading a trophy around your local streets among the local residents who support the club. That's symbolic :thumbsup:.

Ozyhibby
10-03-2016, 10:58 AM
Councillor Gordon Munro now demands that any win by @HibsOfficial on Sunday is celebrated in style!

PatHead
10-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Heard there is definitely no parade on Sunday if we win. Looking at alternatives.

Absolute disgrace, as others have said Hearts had plans to have one until St Mirren screwed it up.

SteveHFC
10-03-2016, 01:06 PM
Heard there is definitely no parade on Sunday if we win. Looking at alternatives.

Absolute disgrace, as others have said Hearts had plans to have one until St Mirren screwed it up.

Straight back to Dalkeith for us then mate and we'll have our own party. :agree:

HibsNutter
10-03-2016, 01:09 PM
Go out out with your mates and celebrate instead, Edinburgh will be heaving on the night with Hibs fans. There won't be a parade but if we win we'll see lots of celebrations in the ground and a parade after a league game anyway?

JimBHibees
10-03-2016, 01:17 PM

Has this been officially announced, absolutely disgusting. Why is our club quiet on this? They should be kicking up massively about this IMO.

JimBHibees
10-03-2016, 01:25 PM

Can you come back and explain why Hearts had a parade planned for the 2013 League cup final then? One rule for one :rolleyes:

grammyb111
10-03-2016, 01:30 PM
Can you come back and explain why Hearts had a parade planned for the 2013 League cup final then? One rule for one :rolleyes:

Will speak to my contact to find out. He's being doing the job for a while and would've been working in 2013.

Andy74
10-03-2016, 01:31 PM
Go out out with your mates and celebrate instead, Edinburgh will be heaving on the night with Hibs fans. There won't be a parade but if we win we'll see lots of celebrations in the ground and a parade after a league game anyway?

Total non event by that stage. It's all part of winning a cup. Shambles if it doesn't happen.

PatHead
10-03-2016, 01:34 PM
Has this been officially announced, absolutely disgusting. Why is our club quiet on this? They should be kicking up massively about this IMO.

Not official yet but would make sense to make alternative arrangements as it isn't happening. Who says the club haven't kicked up about it?

Ringothedog
10-03-2016, 01:39 PM
If we win, then we should all congregate at the North Bridge/ Princes Street/Leith Street/ Waterloo Place Junctions and then parade down to Leith. If they wont allow a parade we should do our own :flag:

Moulin Yarns
10-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Back in 1972 the cup was paraded round Easter Road Stadium at half time on the back of lorry. How things have changed!!:greengrin

Ringothedog
10-03-2016, 01:48 PM
Back in 1972 the cup was paraded round Easter Road Stadium at half time on the back of lorry. How things have changed!!:greengrin

Along with the Drybrough Cup :flag:

Ozyhibby
10-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Along with the Drybrough Cup :flag:

A cup double you say? [emoji6]

Ozyhibby
10-03-2016, 01:52 PM
If there is to be a parade at all the council would have had to have made up Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders by now. My better half knows about such things and I'm just waiting on her getting back to me to tell what is in place.

Ringothedog
10-03-2016, 01:52 PM
A cup double you say? [emoji6]

Now that would be nice :greengrin

flash
10-03-2016, 01:53 PM
Half an hour after the match with the team and the cup will do me.
A parade is nice for the bairns but not sure why grown men are getting all in a tizzy.

green glory
10-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Edinburgh Reporter at the City Chanbers are saying a parade's been agreed.

PatHead
10-03-2016, 02:00 PM
Edinburgh Reporter at the City Chanbers are saying a parade's been agreed.

When for?

green glory
10-03-2016, 02:03 PM
When for? The just says re Hibs "also agreed".

I'd imagine Sunday though.

Spike Mandela
10-03-2016, 02:05 PM
When for?

12th of July for the Hearts fans.:cb

Ozyhibby
10-03-2016, 02:06 PM
There will be a parade. TTRO's will be put in place by tomorrow afternoon.

PatHead
10-03-2016, 02:06 PM
The just says re Hibs "also agreed".

I'd imagine Sunday though.

I'd been told it is definitely not this Sunday but there are another couple of options which are being considered though.

JimBHibees
10-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Not official yet but would make sense to make alternative arrangements as it isn't happening. Who says the club haven't kicked up about it?

They should have put it in the press to inform the fans why as quite simply a ridiculous decision. If it is the Council and or police then they should be telling all who is to blame for it.

Billy McKirdy
10-03-2016, 02:37 PM
Absolute disgraceful decision not to allow any victory parade on the night of the final, we fans should just bring the streets of Leith to a standstill anyway in protest.

Onion
10-03-2016, 03:01 PM
They should have put it in the press to inform the fans why as quite simply a ridiculous decision. If it is the Council and or police then they should be telling all who is to blame for it.

If true, definitely need to blame someone, especially given the 2013 Hearts plans. LD talks about re-engaging the fans, and there are few better opportunities than parading a trophy around the streets of Edinburgh following a cup win. Hibs need to comment.

Personally, I would not travel 10 miles to watch some contrived, half-baked, stage-managed effort days after the event. Waste of time. Can you imagine "The Team That Wouldn't Die" without the incredible parade scenes in 1991 ?

If true, an horrific decision that shows how much contempt the authorities and council have for Hibs fans and the club.

JimBHibees
10-03-2016, 03:11 PM
If true, definitely need to blame someone, especially given the 2013 Hearts plans. LD talks about re-engaging the fans, and there are few better opportunities than parading a trophy around the streets of Edinburgh following a cup win. Hibs need to comment.

Personally, I would not travel 10 miles to watch some contrived, half-baked, stage-managed effort days after the event. Waste of time. Can you imagine "The Team That Wouldn't Die" without the incredible parade scenes in 1991 ?

If true, an horrific decision that shows how much contempt the authorities and council have for Hibs fans and the club.

Tend to agree. Having a parade a week after for example IMO would be pointless as many of the fans who went to the game wont be there as many will have travelled from far and wide. Dont actually think there is a justifiable reason why this cant take place on the Sunday, fair enough if the ground isnt opened up but surely a parade of down Leith Walk and up Easter Road should take place.

hibbytam
10-03-2016, 03:17 PM
Maybe they're just waiting to show the three off together?

itslegaltender
10-03-2016, 03:21 PM
Unless they say its a parade on the night of the final, we all just head to Easter Road and wait for the Hibs bus coming back. Job done.

EH54
10-03-2016, 03:25 PM
if we win i'll be going back with or without a parade would imagine many will do the same

SlickShoes
10-03-2016, 03:28 PM
if we win i'll be going back with or without a parade would imagine many will do the same

Yep, that's my default plan for every final, not that it goes into action often but I would imagine many people will be filling the streets around the stadium regardless of official parade or not.

silverhibee
10-03-2016, 03:34 PM
Unless they say its a parade on the night of the final, we all just head to Easter Road and wait for the Hibs bus coming back. Job done.

It will be going back to a hotel where the players will have parked there cars from the night before.

Moulin Yarns
10-03-2016, 03:39 PM
This will be the 4th time I've seen us win it, not bothered about the parade this year :wink:

Bishop Hibee
10-03-2016, 03:40 PM
I'd been told it is definitely not this Sunday but there are another couple of options which are being considered though.

If it's not the Sunday night then forget it. Just show it before the next home game. Our elected councillors not representing their constituents yet again.

Hibee87
10-03-2016, 03:48 PM
It will be going back to a hotel where the players will have parked there cars from the night before.

Funny I was discussing this with a colleague as well, then jump on the tram into town :wink:

hibbysam
10-03-2016, 07:10 PM

I would imagine the players cars will be at Easter Road, where they would have boarded a bus on Saturday, before heading to a hotel in Glasgow.

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2016, 07:14 PM

If this is true I couldn't agree more. Win on a Saturday and parade on the Sunday I could live with, but win on a Sunday and parade on the Monday or even a week later? .....c'mon !!!

As somebody else said "its like celebrating a goal 10 minutes after its been scored" ......... the excitement is gone, the buzz is gone ..... and loads of folk, some of whom have travelled thousands of miles, wont be able to be there .............. WTF is the point !!!

If Hibs have anything to do with this decision its a huge mistake.... I cant believe they are.

If its the Police, its an admission of incompetence .... especially from a force used to dealing with 100,000 pissed up folk on auld years night.

If its the council, it just reaffirms what many of us already think .... that they have no regard for Hibernian football club or the people who support it.

Just about any town or city in the UK would be made up to see one of its sports teams win a national trophy and bust a gut to accommodate its wish to share that achievement with its supporters and the city in general ................ The same goes for Edinburgh I suppose, so long as its the right half of Edinburgh that is.

Famous Fiver
10-03-2016, 07:17 PM
I'll be parading up and down outside my next door neighbour's (Jambo) house with Sunshine on Leith playing loudly, and able to be heard up and down the street through my open windows and front door!!

Real Emerald
10-03-2016, 07:20 PM
If this is true I couldn't agree more. Win on a Saturday and parade on the Sunday I could live with, but win on a Sunday and parade on the Monday or even a week later? .....c'mon !!!

As somebody else said "its like celebrating a goal 10 minutes after its been scored" ......... the excitement is gone, the buzz is gone ..... and loads of folk, some of whom have travelled thousands of miles, wont be able to be there .............. WTF is the point !!!

If Hibs have anything to do with this decision its a huge mistake.... I cant believe they are.

If its the Police, its an admission of incompetence .... especially from a force used to dealing with 100,000 pissed up folk on auld years night.

If its the council, it just reaffirms what many of us already think .... that they have no regard for Hibernian football club or the people who support it.

Just about any town or city in the UK would be made up to see one of its sports teams win a national trophy and bust a gut to accommodate its wish to share that achievement with its supporters and the city in general ................ The same goes for Edinburgh I suppose, so long as its the right half of Edinburgh that is.

Yes but the rugger is on, can't have hibs taking over that night. Decisions taken in Glasgow would never given a thought to what was going on in Edinburgh that day. Disgrace!

JimBHibees
11-03-2016, 01:11 PM
Has any announcement taken place whether this ia goer or not. Incredible that 2 days before the game this position isnt clear.

grammyb111
11-03-2016, 03:37 PM
Will speak to my contact to find out. He's being doing the job for a while and would've been working in 2013.

Now told that there are Scottish Defence League and United Against Facism demos on Sunday too, which will require a large police presence so another reason why they aren't so keen on us having anything on Sunday...

Hibee87
11-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Now told that there are Scottish Defence League and United Against Facism demos on Sunday too, which will require a large police presence so another reason why they aren't so keen on us having anything on Sunday...

Surely that is irrelevant as would be all done and dosted by 9pm when a parade is likely to take place down Leith/E.R :confused:

JimBHibees
11-03-2016, 04:11 PM

Are we going to get an announcement or are they making it up as they go along?

Onion
11-03-2016, 04:17 PM

They really are a shower of bumbling idiots. They've known since the 4th November 2015 that Hibs would have a decent chance of being in the final and possibly winning this thing, so why have they allowed demos on 13 March, clashing with Rugby and the LCF ? One word... priorities !

Jones28
11-03-2016, 04:26 PM

Simple, we just parade right through the middle of both their demos. I'm all against fascism and on Sunday we could help the police out by swinging by and letting 30000 hibees know the SDL are **** whilst having a trophy paraded at the same time 👍

itslegaltender
11-03-2016, 04:27 PM
By the sounds of it, there will be a parade on Sunday night once(should...) we win. This is the leader of the Council on twitter to me just now.

Cllr. Andrew D Burns ‏@AndrewDBurns (https://twitter.com/AndrewDBurns) 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/AndrewDBurns/status/708327130959052800)
@itslegaltender (https://twitter.com/itslegaltender) @Edinburgh_CC (https://twitter.com/Edinburgh_CC) my understanding is that details are being planned; & will obviously be released if/when Hibs are successful !

Pete
11-03-2016, 04:29 PM
There are going to be loads of hibs fans coming back to Edinburgh win lose or draw so what bloody difference will a few barriers and a bus make?

Reeks of little Saviles at the council.

Betty Boop
11-03-2016, 04:37 PM
That's on the 20th

Betty Boop
11-03-2016, 04:39 PM
That's on the 20th

Sorry the 20th

California-Hibs
11-03-2016, 05:45 PM
Good stuff, sounds like a parade will be happening. I'd advise an admin to change this thread title, even to just 'parade' as 'no parade' will take away from potential fans heading to Easter Road, byjust seeing the title and spreading the word.

SeanWilson
11-03-2016, 05:46 PM
21st march

SQHib
11-03-2016, 05:58 PM
Its the monday night :grr::grr: .......http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/victory-parade-planned-if-hibs-win-league-cup-1-4063238

lord bunberry
11-03-2016, 06:00 PM
Great I'm working :rolleyes:

emerald green
11-03-2016, 06:04 PM
Having a parade (if Hibs were to win the trophy) over a week after the final is just not the same.

Many supporters who will have made the journey to Hampden on Sunday, some from as far away as Australia & USA, will not still be in Edinburgh more than a week later.

Very disappointing.

Spike Mandela
11-03-2016, 06:06 PM
Great I'm working :rolleyes:

Me too:cb

A victory parade more than a week after the event seems a bit of a grudging, half hearted effort from ECC.

lyonhibs
11-03-2016, 06:07 PM
Better than nothing. Nothing would match the euphoria of - hopefully - seeing the cup lifted at Hampden and the ensuing SoL anyway.

Does seem odd though.

Lee Marvin
11-03-2016, 06:10 PM
That's garbage. Monday will be flat compared to Sunday and thousands wouldn't go.

Scottis football is a joke

DaveF
11-03-2016, 06:12 PM
A week later? Eh, no ta.

Torto7062
11-03-2016, 06:14 PM
Having a parade (if Hibs were to win the trophy) over a week after the final is just not the same.

Many supporters who will have made the journey to Hampden on Sunday, some from as far away as Australia & USA, will not still be in Edinburgh more than a week later.

Very disappointing.

I would think it's more to do with the Rugby being in Edinburgh this weekend and the police would struggle to look out for both things....

I'm gutted as I'll be backshift that week..but guess what......If we win I'll happily miss it knowing we have a trophy

Beefster
11-03-2016, 06:14 PM
That's garbage. Monday will be flat compared to Sunday and thousands wouldn't go.

Scottis football is a joke

You might have a point but your petulant dig at Scottish football over a bus journey ruins it a tad.

Pete
11-03-2016, 06:15 PM
**** off.

California-Hibs
11-03-2016, 06:21 PM
Absolute joke!! Raging at this. Fans like myself who have travel from far and wide and will be long home and miss this special occasion! It should of been night of (tradition) or the next day - Monday. A full week after is a joke and will have a far lower attendance.

Flippin gutted at this news!!

Westie1875
11-03-2016, 06:21 PM
A week later? Eh, no ta.

My sentiments too. Might as well not bother if it's a week later (IF we win of course).

offshorehibby
11-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Been following this thread from the start, I'd love to see a parade but i'd prefer to see a well rested Hibs team hump ICT on the Wednesday.

Spike Mandela
11-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Aberdeen did it the following weekend in 2014....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-26682794

Giro Playboy
11-03-2016, 06:27 PM
IF we win, I'm sure there will be a parade on Monday afternoon. That will be buzzing. The players can get a round of applause of the shoppers in Princess St. If my mum is going to Jenners for her tea and scone I will get her to wave her walking stick in the air when the open top bus goes passed

staunchhibby
11-03-2016, 06:28 PM
Feel sorry for those fans who have came from afar and will be home without seeing a victory parade should hibs be triumphant

NAE NOOKIE
11-03-2016, 06:29 PM
My sentiments too. Might as well not bother if it's a week later (IF we win of course).

Me too .... a week later, thanks but no thanks :bitchy:

California-Hibs
11-03-2016, 06:32 PM
I really REALLY want to hear something from the club now.

lyonhibs
11-03-2016, 06:34 PM

What would you like to hear out of interest. As much as we'd love it to be otherwise, there's no parade without police and council permission and participation. They can't just tell them to go swivel.

emerald green
11-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Aberdeen did it the following weekend in 2014....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-26682794

That was on a Sunday, with the parade starting at 1pm.

ruthven_raiders
11-03-2016, 06:35 PM

Think us fans should concentrate on enjoying Sunday now. Wait to see how the day goes, if it goes well then we should kick up a stink and make sure it's a week on Sunday, kids are at school on Monday and everyone at work, will be impossible for a lot of folk to get into town!

hibee
11-03-2016, 06:38 PM
Ridiculous idea for Monday night, they organised Hearts parade for a Sunday.

I'll just be happy if we do have this to moan about come Sunday night though!

lord bunberry
11-03-2016, 06:38 PM
Was that you in that hibs fans worldwide Facebook page at the airport?

ruthven_raiders
11-03-2016, 06:39 PM
Me too .... a week later, thanks but no thanks :bitchy:

Let's enjoy Sunday, see how the day goes, if it goes well kick up a stink! Should at the very worst be a week on Sunday so kids can enjoy with their parents, Monday will be impossible for a lot of people, work and school

Craig_in_Prague
Not fussed. Just care about what happens at Hampden. That's what matters.
We'll have a cracking party regardless of a parade should we win.
We can even have a shandy or gin with the rugby fans that missed the match and share our views of the game ;)

ruthven_raiders
Ridiculous idea for Monday night, they organised Hearts parade for a Sunday.

I'll just be happy if we do have this to moan about come Sunday night though!

Exactly lol

Carheenlea
11-03-2016, 06:40 PM
A week on Monday? That is surely a piss take. The council are laughing up their sleeves with this - Hibs shouldn't even give them the courtesy of a reply to their invite and just show off the cup from the team bus on a route down Leith to Easter Road on return should we win.

offshorehibby
11-03-2016, 06:40 PM

What.

Something along the lines of we'd rather get the players rested up before another big game 3 days later

or

What the hell we'l keep the players out till the wee small hours get them knackered and when we play pish and fall asleep during the SC QF on Wednesday and worry about the flack on this site then.

Hibstrooper
11-03-2016, 06:41 PM
If it's Monday night I very much doubt I would be there and reckon the overall turnout would be poor and the whole thing pretty flat.

If we win, I'll be heading down to Easter Road after the game regardless of whether there is a parade or not. Hopefully the team bus would be heading back to ER and could see that turning in to an unofficial parade.

ruthven_raiders
11-03-2016, 06:41 PM
That was on a Sunday, with the parade starting at 1pm.

Seems OK to me, will wait till after Sunday and depending on result send emails to the council and dempster

California-Hibs
11-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Was that you in that hibs fans worldwide Facebook page at the airport?

It was indeed.

greenlex
11-03-2016, 06:43 PM
We will get pumped and it won't matter anyway.

Lee Marvin
11-03-2016, 06:43 PM
If it's Monday night I very much doubt I would be there and reckon the overall turnout would be poor and the whole thing pretty flat.

If we win, I'll be heading down to Easter Road after the game regardless of whether there is a parade or not. Hopefully the team bus would be heading back to ER and could see that turning in to an unofficial parade.

Exactly. Would be a damp squib and probably worse than not having one at all.

California-Hibs
11-03-2016, 06:45 PM
What would you like to hear out of interest. As much as we'd love it to be otherwise, there's no parade without police and council permission and participation. They can't just tell them to go swivel.

Something from them apposed to the 'Lord Provost'. So that it 100% puts everything at ease. Maybe it already has and I'm just holding out for that last glimmer of hope that it's otherwise, it just completely stinks. A big part of the celebrations are contained in the street parade, it topped off the day in 2007, and to think that will not be offered now to out of town fans like myself - hurts!

Nakedmanoncrack
11-03-2016, 06:46 PM
Exactly. Would be a damp squib and probably worse than not having one at all.

Lets hope we lose then.

BoomtownHibees
11-03-2016, 06:46 PM
What.

Something along the lines of we'd rather get the players rested up before another big game 3 days later

or

What the hell we'l keep the players out till the wee small hours get them knackered and when we play pish and fall asleep during the SC QF on Wednesday and worry about the flack on this site then.

What a load o *****. How long would it take for them to parade the trophy on Sunday night. Do you think the players are just going to switch off and go home to bed after the game so they are fighting fit for the Wednesday night?

California-Hibs
11-03-2016, 06:47 PM
I hope many others like myself and my crowd, head down to Easter Road regardless to welcome back the team!

emerald green
11-03-2016, 06:47 PM
What.

or

Having the players standing on an open top bus (if they win on Sunday) for a wee while, taking the applause of their supporters, is not going to make any difference to how they play the following Wednesday. None of the players will be, or should be, "out to the wee small hours" getting hammered or anything else. That's for the fans.

The guy you replied to is coming all the way from California for this match and I fully understand why he is very disappointed.