PDA

View Full Version : Lets make hampden green and white

HibeesLittleHel
07-03-2016, 07:56 AM
OK so the countdown begins. No distractions between now and Sunday.
My plea to my fellow Hibbies is simples....
LETS MAKE HAMPDEN GREEN AND WHITE
Whatever your age, whatever your normal attire please get the green and white up front and positive. Letts create a cauldron of noise and POSITIVE support for the team on Sunday.
We've done really well to sell over 27k tickets and with debentures and freebies ending up in Hibee hands I'm confident we'll have 30k Hibees cheering the team on!
In the past we've had great organised displays and kudos to the peeps behind the organisation of them but on Sunday we can ALL participate. Bring something green and white and and cheer until your hoarse. Give the team the 12th man they can use to push them onto lifting the silverware.
To paraphrase a famous chairperson "Come on Hibees where are ya? Lets be having ya! LETS MAKE HAMPDEN GREEN AND WHITE
Let's be POSITIVE and SUPPORT the team and please all of you be SAFE and ENJOY the day.
I thank you!
HibeesLittleHelper
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::flag:

lyonhibs
07-03-2016, 08:07 AM
Except Vuvu****ingzuelas. Anyone caught with one of those in my vicinity will be getting it shoved up their hoop, thick end first.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-03-2016, 08:15 AM
The big man upstairs was trying a few things out lastnight...

http://youtu.be/mkcKQmr7kRc

GreenCastle
07-03-2016, 08:38 AM
Would be good if the club came out and encouraged fans to wear as much green as possible.

I know these days it's hard with the weather etc but even bring a scarf (which seems to be less common these days).

What section will the drum be in ?

Also was mentioned that the big flags should be taken and put over the empty seats in the west stand behind the goals - this was done for a semi final a few years ago and looked good. Can someone sort this ?

Booked4Being-Ugly
07-03-2016, 08:42 AM
Except Vuvu****ingzuelas. Anyone caught with one of those in my vicinity will be getting it shoved up their hoop, thick end first.I'm with you on that, there were a few at the game yesterday and they were horrendous! Great fun for the kids I suppose but your worst nightmare If you've had a few drinks! :ill:

Green Fish
07-03-2016, 09:33 AM
Except Vuvu****ingzuelas. Anyone caught with one of those in my vicinity will be getting it shoved up their hoop, thick end first.
My laddie has one, where you sitting ;-)

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 09:37 AM

Racist.

07-03-2016, 10:16 AM
Absolutely. Lets make our support count. Back the boys right till the end :flag:

Our families all set, tops, scarves, flags the lot!

Lets turn Hampden green and white :thumbsup::flag:

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 10:23 AM
As is my custom, I shall be wearing my lucky green pants... suitably cleaned beforehand with brillo pad and bleach.

Hibrandenburg
07-03-2016, 10:37 AM
As is my custom, I shall be wearing my lucky green pants... suitably cleaned beforehand with brillo pad and bleach.

I remember them from Primary 3 PE. Sure you don't mean "mucky" pants? :wink:

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 10:39 AM
I remember them from Primary 3 PE. Sure you don't mean "mucky" pants? :wink:

How on earth do you remember that, at your age? Surely you're as senile as I am :greengrin

Lancs Harp
07-03-2016, 10:45 AM
You'll need a scarf for our victory rendition of the national anthem "Sunshine on Leith" sounds amazing but looks brilliant with a mass of Hibs scarves in the air too.

Iconic.

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 10:46 AM
You'll need a scarf for our victory rendition of the national anthem "Sunshine on Leith" sounds amazing but looks brilliant with a mass of Hibs scarves in the air too.

Iconic.

My lucky green pants will be twirled around my head in Jambonic fashion, as per usual.

HibeesLittleHel
07-03-2016, 10:47 AM

May I suggest therefore Sir that you wear said undergarment on your head to illustrate your dedication to the Hibees and of course the level of cleanliness possible from brillo and bleach:greengrin:thumbsup:

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 10:47 AM
May I suggest therefore Sir that you wear said undergarment on your head to illustrate your dedication to the Hibees and of course the level of cleanliness possible from brillo and bleach:greengrin:thumbsup:

See my previous post.....

:wink:

HibeesLittleHel
07-03-2016, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=GreenCastle;4609837]Would be good if the club came out and encouraged fans to wear as much green as possible. /QUOTE]

Good idea I've mailed them my original post. I can only suggest eh? :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
07-03-2016, 10:50 AM
How is the weather looking?
I severely under dressed in 2007, had a really light jacket and was freezing the whole game.
But don't want to wear (and carry) a warm heavy coat all day if not needed,
I suppose rain!...but temperature?

HibeesLittleHel
07-03-2016, 10:50 AM
See my previous post.....

:wink:

Most excellent! :agree:

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 10:51 AM
Good idea I've mailed them my original post. I can only suggest eh? :agree:

That's a great idea, I hope you get a positive response. It would be good if they had an article on the website to suggest the very same.

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2016, 11:48 AM
I severely under dressed in 2007, had a really light jacket and was freezing the whole game.

According to the BBC weather forecast this morning the whole of the UK will be in an area of warmer air by Friday which certainly looks like it will linger until Saturday, they were talking about 16 degrees in that London ..... though they didn't mention Sunday it looked from the size of the warm weather front on the graphic that it could still be around by then, no mention of rain that I can recall. .... It'll probably snow :greengrin

I agree that everybody should at least wear a scarf, I can never understand why folk go to the fitba, especially a final, dressed like they are going shopping. The Hibs shop stocks a range of retro style tops suitable for the older gentleman ( or lady ) who consider themselves a bit mature for the teams current attire.

IMO ... Everybody in the crowd should wear those Green & White jesters hats, how mental would that look :duck:

mutley
07-03-2016, 03:11 PM
But but but ....... I want to wear my purple top!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edson Arantes
07-03-2016, 03:21 PM

Outside in of course :agree:

HibeesLittleHel
08-03-2016, 04:05 PM
That's a great idea, I hope you get a positive response. It would be good if they had an article on the website to suggest the very same.

Nothing as yet!

jodjam
08-03-2016, 04:45 PM
According to the BBC weather forecast this morning the whole of the UK will be in an area of warmer air by Friday which certainly looks like it will linger until Saturday, they were talking about 16 degrees in that London ..... though they didn't mention Sunday it looked from the size of the warm weather front on the graphic that it could still be around by then, no mention of rain that I can recall. .... It'll probably snow :greengrin

I agree that everybody should at least wear a scarf, I can never understand why folk go to the fitba, especially a final, dressed like they are going shopping. The Hibs shop stocks a range of retro style tops suitable for the older gentleman ( or lady ) who consider themselves a bit mature for the teams current attire.

IMO ... Everybody in the crowd should wear those Green & White jesters hats, how mental would that look :duck:

I can never understand how folk get concerned about what others are wearing :) I won't be wearing any colours but will be giving the team my full backing. Mon the Hibs

leggeto
08-03-2016, 04:49 PM

Aw man no they things again

Pete
08-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Green and White bar scarves only. Looks better when held aloft :thumbsup:

leggeto
08-03-2016, 04:53 PM

Can we all get green grin pillows and if we win we all hold them up "greengrin insert"

Pretty Boy
08-03-2016, 04:55 PM
I'll be breaking with tradition and sporting an (old) replican top for this. Green jacket as well in case it's required.

Green Man
08-03-2016, 04:58 PM
I've got a green tshirt, green jumper and green jacket to wear so that should cover all weathers. Might stick on a second green tshirt if it's really cold.

hibsbollah
08-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Shiny maroon pvc jacket with white 'faux umbro' stripes and corduroy elbow patches.
Pish stained yellow/beige slacks.
Untied brown brogues with plastic laces.

Must drive to game in maroon River 'executive saloon' type car.

All in the name of irony of course.

dangermouse
08-03-2016, 05:11 PM

Cloudy but mild (12C feels like 13C)
Light SSW wind (4MPH)
Precipitation Nil

All according to AccuWeather

hibs0666
08-03-2016, 05:55 PM
I'll be breaking with tradition and sporting an (old) replican top for this. Green jacket as well in case it's required.

Is that replica, republican or both?

cabbageandribs1875
08-03-2016, 05:57 PM
Cloudy but mild (12C feels like 13C)
Light SSW wind (4MPH)
Precipitation Nil

All according to AccuWeather

like a summers day :greengrin

mutley
08-03-2016, 05:59 PM

Will be green/white/black cashmere number for me, love that scarf , wish I got 2 now

Callum7
08-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Weather seems good enoughhttp://i68.tinypic.com/2uoh2c8.jpg

bod
08-03-2016, 06:06 PM
I can never understand how folk get concerned about what others are wearing :) I won't be wearing any colours but will be giving the team my full backing. Mon the Hibs

this
I wear what I want ,when I want cup final or no.
its just a game o fitba

HibeesLittleHel
09-03-2016, 11:23 AM
this
I wear what I want ,when I want cup final or no.
its just a game o fitba

Thank you for your input. My idea was to galvanise the fanbase to UNITE (instead of bicker) in support of the team and show solidarity with our Club by sporting the colours Green and White on this special day. Should you choose not to that is of course your prerogative and you'll have no dissent from me. For everyone who is inclined to demonstrate their support wear the colours and turn Hampden Green and White!

Northernhibee
09-03-2016, 11:25 AM
I'll be wearing my green and white custom Air Jordan's :hyper

bod
09-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Thank you for your input. My idea was to galvanise the fanbase to UNITE (instead of bicker) in support of the team and show solidarity with our Club by sporting the colours Green and White on this special day. Should you choose not to that is of course your prerogative and you'll have no dissent from me. For everyone who is inclined to demonstrate their support wear the colours and turn Hampden Green and White!

thank you for thanking me for my input

jodjam
09-03-2016, 04:38 PM

No one was bickering.

cabbageandribs1875
09-03-2016, 05:10 PM
dude on the radio said this weekend will be the warmest so far this year :flag: just one pair o socks for this game

Vault Boy
09-03-2016, 05:27 PM
First trip up to Scotland in 6 years so I'm very glad to know that the weather should be considerably kinder than usual. :greengrin

hibs0666
09-03-2016, 05:39 PM
dude on the radio said this weekend will be the warmest so far this year :flag: just one pair o socks for this game

At least consider underpants too mate.

mutley
09-03-2016, 05:40 PM
Bad sign, I was hoping it would be snowing!

NAE NOOKIE
09-03-2016, 06:41 PM

I don't think the OP was an order mate, just a suggestion based on the fact that for most fans ( and players too I imagine ) seeing the crowd reflecting their clubs colours, especially at big games, adds to the spectacle and overall sense of occasion. It certainly does for me.

''''' Hibees turn Hampden into a sea of Green & White !!! ''' reads a hell of a lot better than:

'''' Hibees turn Hampden into a sea of mixed shades of non club specific beige, black and various tasteful pastels !!! ''''

They dinnae sing ....... :gwa:....... for nothin' :greengrin

HibeesLittleHel
10-03-2016, 09:00 AM
I don't think the OP was an order mate, just a suggestion based on the fact that for most fans ( and players too I imagine ) seeing the crowd reflecting their clubs colours, especially at big games, adds to the spectacle and overall sense of occasion. It certainly does for me.

''''' Hibees turn Hampden into a sea of Green & White !!! ''' reads a hell of a lot better than:

'''' Hibees turn Hampden into a sea of mixed shades of non club specific beige, black and various tasteful pastels !!! ''''
:greengrin

My point exactly sir! BTW no reply from ER FWIW.

HibeesLittleHel
11-03-2016, 08:30 AM
So the Sunday Cup Final wardrobe has been decided.....

Base layer for comfort and hirsuteness (to haud ma belly in!)
Current home top (short sleeve)
Grey jeans
Green Adidas trainers

Looking forward to joining my fellow Hibbies at Scotland's National Stadium to roar on the HIBEES

LETS TURN HAMPDEN GREEN AND WHITE!!
:agree::thumbsup::greengrin:flag:

lugz
11-03-2016, 08:36 AM
Only colours I will be taking is a scarf as our bus drops us off at haymarket and we'll no doubt stay in town after the game, easy enough to dispose of when we win as I'm in the front row haha.

Fife-Hibee
11-03-2016, 10:00 AM
Was in the shop yesterday to spend a few bob on cup final stuff :( next to nothing there :(

Hibeesforever
11-03-2016, 10:50 AM
Was in the shop yesterday to spend a few bob on cup final stuff :( next to nothing there :(

Agreed, great for club finances. My new top looks excellent with the date written underneath. First jersey in 20 years, so bitten by cup final fever.
Wearing a green jacket as the overlay, confident this team is different.

HibeesLittleHel
11-03-2016, 11:58 AM
Now do you know what would be great on Sunday?
30,000 Hibees doing the Hibees bounce...

"Lets All Do The HIBEES BOUNCE!!!!"

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag: