PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final Build Up Week - Excited!!

California-Hibs
07-03-2016, 02:43 AM
This week can't go by quick enough, absolutely buzzing! Down to San Fran on Wednesday afternoon for my flight over. I'm convinced we're going to do it, something tells me the guys are going to put on a performance big time! I'm already finding myself getting caught away in visions of Stubbs lifting the cup, Sunshine On Leith, the players celebrating on the pitch, the bus parade at night.

I know I know, I should stop right there, but does anyone else have a huge buzz and major optimism for Sunday like I do?!

3-1 Hibs, it's HAPPENING!!!

Denverhibby
07-03-2016, 04:19 AM
This week can't go by quick enough, absolutely buzzing! Down to San Fran on Wednesday afternoon for my flight over. I'm convinced we're going to do it, something tells me the guys are going to put on a performance big time! I'm already finding myself getting caught away in visions of Stubbs lifting the cup, Sunshine On Leith, the players celebrating on the pitch, the bus parade at night.

I know I know, I should stop right there, but does anyone else have a huge buzz and major optimism for Sunday like I do?!

know how you feel. I leave For Denver Wednesday afternoon. Stadium tour Saturday.
Am going for 2-0 Hibs.

HibeeEmma
07-03-2016, 04:29 AM
Leaving Vancouver Saturday morning for a 14 hour trip to the Burgh

2-1 Hibs with a last minute scramble to stop it going to extra time :drunk:

Sean1875
07-03-2016, 06:42 AM
trying desperately not to think about it too much.. don't think I can stomach a week full of nerves..
going for 2-0 Hibs though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeanWilson
07-03-2016, 07:57 AM
Jeezo, makes my trip along from Bathgate on Sunday morning seem a little mundane 😂😂

Hermit Crab
07-03-2016, 11:01 AM

If it doesn't I will personally drive you back to the airport with a return to sender sticker on your forehead. :greengrin

SlickShoes
07-03-2016, 11:23 AM
Our recent run of form really took the wind out of sails having been at the semi final and thinking we had a real chance no matter who we got. Now I find myself being overly negative, solely focusing on how we have struggled of late. Ross Co have been struggling as well so it's really just as 50/50 as it's always been. I will be a bag of nerves on Sunday, 1991 and 2007 were two of the best days of my life, it's a shame there have been so many ***** times at hampden recently too.

We've suffered for too long, hopefully this group of players play like we know they can and bring us some respite from the last 8 years of dross.

CallumLaidlaw
07-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Definitely got Cup final fever already, as has my 11 year old. He is bouncing off the walls already (even more than normal). Its gonna be a long week.

I'm making him up a cup final box to open on Sunday morning. Got him a cup final pin badge and scarf, a Hibs Gilet from the shop, a Super John McGinn cup final T-Shirt from Image printers in Leith, and then hopefully the Evening News do a Cup Final preview this week.

CallumLaidlaw
07-03-2016, 11:26 AM
Our recent run of form really took the wind out of sails having been at the semi final and thinking we had a real chance no matter who we got. Now I find myself being overly negative, solely focusing on how we have struggled of late. Ross Co have been struggling as well so it's really just as 50/50 as it's always been. I will be a bag of nerves on Sunday, 1991 and 2007 were two of the best days of my life, it's a shame there have been so many ***** times at hampden recently too.

We've suffered for too long, hopefully this group of players play like we know they can and bring us some respite from the last 8 years of dross.

I would agree but yesterday was a big improvement against a team much more of Ross Counties standard, and we were missing a couple of key players. I think we'll edge it.

Lancs Harp
07-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Definitely got Cup final fever already, as has my 11 year old. He is bouncing off the walls already (even more than normal). Its gonna be a long week.

I'm making him up a cup final box to open on Sunday morning. Got him a cup final pin badge and scarf, a Hibs Gilet from the shop, a Super John McGinn cup final T-Shirt from Image printers in Leith, and then hopefully the Evening News do a Cup Final preview this week.

Great stuffhttp://www.hibs.net/images/icons/icon14.png

:flag:

EH54
07-03-2016, 11:31 AM

That brilliant :flag::thumbsup:

hibee-boys
07-03-2016, 11:44 AM
Came into work this morning and the cup final nerves have already kicked in, safe to say I'll be spending more time on here than concentrating on work this week! The chance of silverware hasn't come along that often in my 30 odd years attending hibs games so even after a disappointing couple of weeks that is now all forgotten and it's all positive thoughts about being Hampden bound on Sunday with my hibs family!👍

SlickShoes
07-03-2016, 11:48 AM
I would agree but yesterday was a big improvement against a team much more of Ross Counties standard, and we were missing a couple of key players. I think we'll edge it.

Aye, I think we can do it. Not living in Edinburgh any more I don't get caught up as much in the hype which is a shame as I'm missing out a bit but it does also take the sting out of a horrible defeat not having it right there.

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2016, 12:42 PM

I tend to be a bit more laid back in my approach these days ........ my cup final record of been to 9 won 2 lost 7 prevents the insanity of positive thinking polluting my mind, never mind making score predictions :confused:

California-Hibs
07-03-2016, 02:12 PM
My cup final record, been to 6 won 2, that's SIX to just TWO...

Now that bit of funs out the way, my record obviously ain't too great either but I'm still very confident this team will see me witness my 3rd cup triumph! 1991, 2007, 2016!!

CorrieHibs
07-03-2016, 02:25 PM
I will be attending my 7th cup final. Only won once in 2007 😞.

I was too young to go in 91 but my Papa took me to the parade.

southsider
07-03-2016, 02:33 PM
My cup final record, been to 6 won 2, that's SIX to just TWO...

Now that bit of funs out the way, my record obviously ain't too great either but I'm still very confident this team will see me witness my 3rd cup triumph! 1991, 2007, 2016!!
Won 3, drawn 2 & lost 7. But cant wait for Sunday. 4th win for me and Hibs if there is any justice left in life. Edit. Forgot about Aberdeen Add 1 to lost finals.

hibee-boys
07-03-2016, 02:45 PM
I've been to every cup final since 1985 (Aberdeen 3-0 I think?), vaguely remember being at that one, just 9 at the the time! I remember the 91 and 07 victories well. Finals we've lost in that period....Livingston, Them, Celtic??? Is there more?

Edit - The Sally Mccoist overhead kick game, was that a final?

CorrieHibs
07-03-2016, 02:46 PM
I've been to every cup final since 1985 (Aberdeen 3-0 I think?), vaguely remember being at that one, just 9 at the the time! I remember the 91 and 07 victories well. Finals we've lost in that period....Livingston, Them, Celtic??? Is there more?

Rangers in 1993

SteveHFC
07-03-2016, 02:47 PM
Been to every cup final game since i was born except for the 93 final against Rangers. Only seen us win once. :greengrin

hibee-boys
07-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Rangers in 1993

Yeah, got there in the end!👍

Haymaker
07-03-2016, 02:55 PM
Buzzing, train up from London on the Saturday, beers in Leith Saturday night.

SteveHFC
07-03-2016, 03:00 PM
Buzzing, train up from London on the Saturday, beers in Leith Saturday night.

:hyper

Albanian Hibs
07-03-2016, 03:02 PM

I was 11 in 1991..just saying likes 😉

HibbyAndy
07-03-2016, 03:05 PM

A what ?

lyonhibs
07-03-2016, 03:10 PM
A what ?

Continental fashion Andy, you wouldn't understand :greengrin

http://www.sportsdirect.com/mens/mens-gilets

HibbyAndy
07-03-2016, 03:12 PM
Continental fashion Andy, you wouldn't understand :greengrin

http://www.sportsdirect.com/mens/mens-gilets

Ahh i know now what a Gilet is :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:greengrin

Edson Arantes
07-03-2016, 03:14 PM
A what ?

Och, a body warmer..:wink:

CallumLaidlaw
07-03-2016, 03:15 PM
Ahh i know now what a Gilet is :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:greengrin

More well known as Tim Sherwoods jacket of choice :greengrin

HibbyAndy
07-03-2016, 03:17 PM
More well known as Tim Sherwoods jacket of choice :greengrin

Get an Arsene Wenger coat he never seems to have any bother zipping it up :hilarious :thumbsup:

Good idea though mate i might nip doon on Friday and do exactly the same :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
07-03-2016, 03:29 PM
Looking forward to some beers with my old man, it's long overdue.
Some junk food as well, and seeing other friends and family too!
oh yeah - and a day out at Hampden - win or lose, plan on having a good 'un!
Nothing will ever be as bad as 2012, so all in all, very excited rather than dreading it... It's just a game afterall!

GGTTH