PDA

View Full Version : Caley Fans Forums Comments After Game

Hi Heid Yin
07-03-2016, 12:43 AM
Fair play to the Caley fans. Honest conclusions and comments. I lifted these comments from their fans forum

“delighted to be in the draw, but Hibs were mugged”

“bullied all over the park and shambolic defending, didn't deserve a replay”

“I gladly take the draw but in Honesty Hibs were robbed and deserved to be in the semi final draw”

“Great play from Hibs to open the scoring”

“Out of jail indeed”

“I thought we were clearly second best for all but the first 10 mins and the last 10-15, when Hibs were clearly tiring”

“could even have nicked it in the end but that would have been grossly unfair on Hibs”

“we're very fortunate to still be in the cup but we'll take it”

“Very lucky to get a replay from that but i'll take it”

Jones28
07-03-2016, 12:44 AM
Humble and truthful, fair enough. The changes made by Hughes got them a deserved goal but felt we deserved to go through.

iwasthere1972
07-03-2016, 01:10 AM
Fair play to them. Honest assessment of what actually took place on the pitch.

monktonharp
07-03-2016, 01:21 AM
Fair play to them. Honest assessment of what actually took place on the pitch.aye, but how was it portrayed by the classy bbc journos, and their cohorts who ken aw that needs to be kent?

iwasthere1972
07-03-2016, 01:23 AM
aye, but how was it portrayed by the classy bbc journos, and their cohorts who ken aw that needs to be kent?

They ken nought. :agree:

givescotlandfreedom
07-03-2016, 03:01 AM
Hammer throwing fuds and lucky to still be in it.

GreenCastle
07-03-2016, 08:44 AM
I give their fans credit for making the long trip.

Decent amount of them doing their best to make an atmosphere and add to the occasion.

Makes a difference when teams bring more than a mini bus full of fans.

Ronniekirk
07-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Yep they know they should be out ,and bet they can't believe Their.. luck they have got us next week after we play in the Cup Final They will look to do the same break up play make it a tough encounter and look to hit us when tiring
But we seen to revel playing teams in the league above us .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rcarter1
07-03-2016, 08:55 AM
Hammer throwing fuds and lucky to still be in it.

So world peace is high on your agenda then.. Fair comments by the ICT fans!

EH6 Hibby
07-03-2016, 08:58 AM
Bullied all over the park? Is that for real? I thought they were as bad as the Tynecastle Hammer Throwers.

inglisavhibs
07-03-2016, 09:01 AM
Fair play to the Caley fans. Honest conclusions and comments. I lifted these comments from their fans forum

“I gladly take the draw but in Honesty Hibs were robbed and deserved to be in the semi final draw”

“Out of jail indeed”

“I thought we were clearly second best for all but the first 10 mins and the last 10-15, when Hibs were clearly tiring”

“could even have nicked it in the end but that would have been grossly unfair on Hibs”

Walked up Easter Road with a number of Caley fans before the game who had all travelled down on the Saturday! Good football fans who had a bit of banter and also had a bit of respect for the other team. Makes a pleasant change.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Although we had a part to play in their goal, it was a smart substitution that paid off for them. With the pre-match comments from JH, you could tell that he would have taken a replay without the need for a loss of face.
On another day, ICT would not have finished with 10 players though. Not saying anything against the ref, because he let the game flow. More that it is like ref's get plaudits for not following the rules sometimes, and although that may make for better game, it is also confusing.

hibs0666
07-03-2016, 09:09 AM
Bullied all over the park? Is that for real? I thought they were as bad as the Tynecastle Hammer Throwers.

Think the comment relates to their players not winning their one-on-ones.

The_Horde
07-03-2016, 09:13 AM
Funny moment in the mash tun post match. Inverness team bus appears and Yogi is sitting there looking in with a beaming smile. Caley fans were waving scarves at him and we were giving him mock abuse. Class.

Brightside
07-03-2016, 09:19 AM
Think the comment relates to their players not winning their one-on-ones.

Indeed. Their team were huge compared to ours but we held out own in a physical contest. I actually thought the ref did well keeping the game going as there were loads of niggly fouls on both sides. Walked through the Caley fans at the end and the comments were very much like above. Decent set of fans.

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2016, 09:38 AM
An honest assessment by their fans ..... I was speaking to a few of them in Tamsons before the game and they seemed like a decent bunch. Mind you, somebody should tell them the time to give it the 'ole's' is when you are 3 - 0 up with 5 minutes to go, not after 10 minutes at 0 - 0 just coz you've managed to string 3 passes together :faf:

hibee_nation
07-03-2016, 10:26 AM
They gave their team good support and enhanced the day. Nae bother before or after seemed a good bunch of fans enjoying their day out the way it should be. Hope we f@#k them in the replay. :greengrin

Shrekko
07-03-2016, 10:49 AM
They always seem a fairly lively set of fans and fair play to them for their honesty but the 'bullied all over the park' is one of the most jaw dropping things I've read on the internet in many a year.

theonlywayisup
07-03-2016, 12:41 PM

“Out of jail indeed”

:bitchy: Not Neilson class though. He would have said his team dominated possession and deserved to win.

Yes - well done the ICT fans.

NorthHibees
07-03-2016, 03:37 PM

“Out of jail indeed”

Credit to them genuine assessments of what actually happened on the pitch.

HibsNutter
07-03-2016, 03:43 PM
With all this talk of any team showing signs of physicality being 'hammer throwers', I'm glad our team are up for the fight also and never shy away from a physical battle anymore.

Alfred E Newman
07-03-2016, 09:39 PM

“Out of jail indeed”

Some so called Hibs supporters should have a read at this.

O'Rourke3
07-03-2016, 09:55 PM
An honest assessment by their fans ..... I was speaking to a few of them in Tamsons before the game and they seemed like a decent bunch. Mind you, somebody should tell them the time to give it the 'ole's' is when you are 3 - 0 up with 5 minutes to go, not after 10 minutes at 0 - 0 just coz you've managed to string 3 passes together :faf:
Pissed myself at that at the time they were just enjoying the game. I thought their support was excellent and if that's the quality of their message boards - respect.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2016, 10:01 PM
Pissed myself at that at the time they were just enjoying the game. I thought their support was excellent and if that's the quality of their message boards - respect.

Their fans I saw pre-match, lots around the Hibs shop, were lots of families, good to see