I'd rather they stay at East Mains and practice shooting tbh

Mikey09
07-03-2016, 12:02 AM
I'd rather they stay at East Mains and practice shooting tbh

Can they no practice shooting over there?! :greengrin

hibsboy69
07-03-2016, 12:04 AM
Sensible move.

Good for morale, nice climate and short journey. Make them feel a we bit special.

They should be be buzzing come Sunday ! :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
07-03-2016, 12:06 AM
Please tell me this is a wind up?

They did this last year before the playoffs and we were poor when we returned.

The only slight positive may be staying away from the build up..and may help develop team spirit.

Do we know how long for ?

Jones28
07-03-2016, 12:14 AM

The only slight positive may be staying away from the build up..and may help develop team spirit.

They also went away before the last final and it worked absolute wonders seemingly.

Andy74
07-03-2016, 12:15 AM
They also went away before the last final and it worked absolute wonders seemingly.

The one where the player revolt started?

Jones28
07-03-2016, 12:21 AM
The one where the player revolt started?

When we won the final 5-1 you mean?

GreenCastle
07-03-2016, 12:39 AM

Or the one Fenlon took players away before 2012 and we know how that turned out.

Jones28
07-03-2016, 12:41 AM
Or the one Fenlon took players away before 2012 and we know how that turned out.

I think we had a lot more problems than a few nights in Spain for that game.

givescotlandfreedom
07-03-2016, 03:03 AM
Let's trust what Stubbs wants.

adhibs
07-03-2016, 05:57 AM
Good move. Were more or kess finishing the season with a few months of constant fixtures, shoukd give them a wee chance to recuperate

3pm
07-03-2016, 06:49 AM
The reasons for going away were explained in his post match interview yesterday.

All seemed sensible enough to me. If we had a full size indoor pitch, I suppose things might have been different?

Col2
07-03-2016, 07:00 AM
What a drama. Club taking players away for short break in excellent faculties and better climate as part of build up to huge game make total sense to me. Yes the playoffs didn't work out but only be smallest of margins.

I trust the management team, sport scientists etc as they might just know a little more than us the fans on this one.

blackpoolhibs
07-03-2016, 07:18 AM
Stokes will love the nightlife in Marbella. :greengrin

Hibby Bairn
07-03-2016, 07:39 AM
Can they no practice shooting over there?! :greengrin

Have had plenty shots in Costa del Sol.

seanshow
07-03-2016, 09:04 AM
Theyll be back in at frosty east mains fri/sat to prepare for the final.

They deserve a bit of sun on their backs, 2 games a week for ages.

Scouse Hibee
07-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Ah well at least it gives the usual suspects the opportunity to speculate on how this will lessen our chances in the final, bit of a change from the normal referee thread I suppose.

Steve-O
07-03-2016, 09:30 AM
What a drama. Club taking players away for short break in excellent faculties and better climate as part of build up to huge game make total sense to me. Yes the playoffs didn't work out but only be smallest of margins.

I trust the management team, sport scientists etc as they might just know a little more than us the fans on this one.

Didn't we say that before the play offs last year though?

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 09:30 AM
Ah well at least it gives the usual suspects the opportunity to speculate on how this will lessen our chances in the final, bit of a change from the normal referee thread I suppose.

:agree:

Pathetic, isn't it.

poolman
07-03-2016, 09:38 AM
:agree:

Pathetic, isn't it.

😴 its like some people can't wait to spin negativity on the club

Baffling 😕

Steve-O
07-03-2016, 09:40 AM
Its more like its difficult to recall any time these sojourns abroad for training camps appear to have paid off.

Obviously we all hope it does, but history appears to show the opposite!

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2016, 09:58 AM
They should take the fans too .... I'm knackered just watching them :greengrin

The good news is that from what I saw on the weather forecast this morning temperatures in the UK are going to have an upturn by Friday, so they should return to some decent conditions.

If we win the final it will look like this was a great idea by Leeann and Stubbsy :aok: ....... if we don't Petrie is going to have to consider his position :grr:

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 10:00 AM
Is it true that Petrie has put his foot down regarding the cost of the trip and the players are flying over with Ryanair?

Or did I just make that up? :wink:

JimBHibees
07-03-2016, 10:06 AM
Great idea to get a bit of heat away from it all in the preparation for the final. Makes total sense both physically and also mentally.

bingo70
07-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Its more like its difficult to recall any time these sojourns abroad for training camps appear to have paid off.

Obviously we all hope it does, but history appears to show the opposite!

Pre-season trip to la manga certainly ensured we got our season off to a flier!

I don't mind the team going abroad, they've earned a bit time in the sun, it'd be nice if we could see some benefit of these trips transferred on to the pitch though.

TrinityHibs
07-03-2016, 10:19 AM
Is it true that Petrie has put his foot down regarding the cost of the trip and the players are flying over with Ryanair?

Whats wrong with Ryanair?

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Whats wrong with Ryanair?

It's well known that everybody that flies with Ryanair gets a blood clot in their legs, because they have to sit with their legs wrapped round their necks due to lack of leg room.

Or was I wrong about that as well???????

:confused:

CallumLaidlaw
07-03-2016, 10:27 AM
How are we ever to know if the trips abroad in the past actually had a NEGATIVE impact. It's proven that the warmer climate helps with recooperation, and the players will enjoy training more in that environment. We're to be wet and windy here from midweek, so I'm all for it.

Wilson
07-03-2016, 11:23 AM
How are we ever to know if the trips abroad in the past actually had a NEGATIVE impact. It's proven that the warmer climate helps with recooperation, and the players will enjoy training more in that environment. We're to be wet and windy here from midweek, so I'm all for it.

We can't know if it will have a positive or negative impact. Before the Killie final the trip was a negative experience for the squad but we got a positive result. We've maybe had good training trips away that preceded negative results.

It comes down to what the manager feels is right and whether you trust his judgement. I think we can trust Stubbs and his team.

stuart-farquhar
07-03-2016, 12:07 PM
As the title says.

Hopefully it proves to be beneficial!

Any idea where based?

silverhibee
07-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Went through the airport this morning.

JimBHibees
07-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Pre-season trip to la manga certainly ensured we got our season off to a flier!

I don't mind the team going abroad, they've earned a bit time in the sun, it'd be nice if we could see some benefit of these trips transferred on to the pitch though.

Maybe the benefit was in the excellent season we have had.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Went through the airport this morning.

Don't think there were any direct flights this morning

BSEJVT
07-03-2016, 12:22 PM
What a wholly depressing thread in parts populated by the usual suspects keen to decry the club for everything.

Its a game of football FFS, there is not one bit of scientific evidence available which will tell whether if we won, that it was because of the trip or instead of it and similarly if we lost.

Maybe they will come back and play like Barcelona , but still lose because even Barcelona lose sometimes.

or

Maybe they will come back and play like Aston Villa but win because even Aston Villa win sometimes.

There are far too many ****ers on this board who revel in having the chance to second guess every decision the club make and take great delight in castigating them when things don't go as hoped for.

Football is a contest anything can and does happen, maybe instead of continuing to spout your pish you should try and get completely behind the club and cut the negativity.

I will put my trust in the judgement of the professionals now running this club who have earned that trust.

Some of you guys are like Rantic supporters who believe that they have the divine right to pitch up and win every game.

Well guess what they don't either and neither do we.

I have every confidence the team will pitch up on Sunday and put in a great shift and what will be will be.

GGTTH

Captain Trips
07-03-2016, 12:34 PM
People can have an opinion wether it's good or bad it's not decrying anyone it's an opinion. Mine is based on what happened the last time we have went away it has not went well.

The playoffs last season I think was unfair regardless of if we stayed or not as it was quite a time we had to wait and Rangers were a bit more match sharp than us.

We will see how it all turns out for me I would probably have kept them here. I'm sure Ross County may be doing something similar to us though.

Waxy
07-03-2016, 12:34 PM
A change of scenery might do wonders. Huge three months ahead for us.

GreenCastle
07-03-2016, 12:37 PM
People can have an opinion wether it's good or bad it's not decrying anyone it's an opinion. Mine is based on what happened the last time we have went away it has not went well.

The playoffs last season I think was unfair regardless of if we stayed or not as it was quite a time we had to wait and Rangers were a bit more match sharp than us.

We will see how it all turns out for me I would probably have kept them here. I'm sure Ross County may be doing something similar to us though.

Agreed - I am just basing my opinion on whats happened previously and what I would do if I was manager.

Personally I would rather players kept normal routines, slept in own beds, avoid any possible fatigue through travelling and spent time with families.

But I can see that going away can create a better bond between players, warmer weather and away from the limelight.

The team seem to have good unity so hopefully this helps - come Sunday night we should know and I hope it's been a positive experience. :greengrin

Smartie
07-03-2016, 12:39 PM

Did they not leave from Glasgow airport?

Edson Arantes
07-03-2016, 12:46 PM
Stokes will love the nightlife in Marbella. :greengrin

Puerto Banus I would imagine.

Edson Arantes
07-03-2016, 12:48 PM
Any idea where based?

La Manga is the usual haunt isn't it?

Jumbo
07-03-2016, 12:49 PM
If we're basing opinions on what happened previously we might as well not turn up at Hampden since we've lost last 2 games there !!!
I trust management team and if they think this is right it's good enough for me 👍

Billy Whizz
07-03-2016, 01:03 PM

No idea, thought Silver meant Ediburgh?

stuart-farquhar
07-03-2016, 01:06 PM
La Manga is the usual haunt isn't it?

Yes. That's up in murcia. 500 kilometres from costa del sol. Which I why I wondered if down here near malaga. Bucketing it down btw!

hibees 7062
07-03-2016, 01:35 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1P3zllRdlOI/ULhIOPyYvHI/AAAAAAACOKY/_ieQ-zJlnwo/s1600/madagascar+3.JPG

Doubles up for training

Edson Arantes
07-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Yes. That's up in murcia. 500 kilometres from costa del sol. Which I why I wondered if down here near malaga. Bucketing it down btw!

At least it will feel like Edinburgh then.

NYHibby
07-03-2016, 01:48 PM

I saw the team coach heading towards Glasgow on the M8 this morning.

Roxyhibee
07-03-2016, 01:53 PM
I've no idea about the benefits or negatives about these pre big match away weeks. Being an older generation supporter, I would lean towards keeping them here and preparing in your local environments but keeping the players away from the press, bars, lawnmowers, etc.! But I guess any significant benefits are more likely to be based on the team spirit of the squad of players and the relationship with the coaching staff - and that seems to be excellent at Hibs just now, so let's leave it to the experts.

However, I am in Tenerife just now (back Friday obviously.!) and the plane was a total coughfest and as a result both me and my wife have bad chest infections and feeling pretty wiped out.! She has said the players need to put tea tree oil up their nose as a flight precaution - if someone could pass that on.!!

Waxy
07-03-2016, 02:09 PM
I've no idea about the benefits or negatives about these pre big match away weeks. Being an older generation supporter, I would lean towards keeping them here and preparing in your local environments but keeping the players away from the press, bars, lawnmowers, etc.! But I guess any significant benefits are more likely to be based on the team spirit of the squad of players and the relationship with the coaching staff - and that seems to be excellent at Hibs just now, so let's leave it to the experts.

However, I am in Tenerife just now (back Friday obviously.!) and the plane was a total coughfest and as a result both me and my wife have bad chest infections and feeling pretty wiped out.! She has said the players need to put tea tree oil up their nose as a flight precaution - if someone could pass that on.!!
Sure tea tree oil is a poison if put anywhere internal. That might be whats wiped you out.

Roxyhibee
07-03-2016, 02:39 PM
Sure tea tree oil is a poison if put anywhere internal. That might be whats wiped you out.

Sorry - on the outside of the nostrils - an airline pilots tip to reduce the risk of constant in flight infections.. Apparently..

silverhibee
07-03-2016, 03:01 PM

Was told Gunnarrson was in the airport in his Hibs gear and just thought that would be the team going through the airport. :aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-03-2016, 03:06 PM
Any idea where based?

Nope, not sure.

BSEJVT
07-03-2016, 03:09 PM
Oh my god

If we base everything on what happened in the past, whether its connected to the outcome or not we would never do anything!

What would happen if tomorrow you got up and stubbed your toe?

Would you never get up again in case it happened again?

Of course not you would simply think that it was a freak outcome of getting up and think no more of it.

Linking the future to the past without appropriate scientific proof that what caused the outcome of the past was the thing you were avoiding is bonkers, its just superstition.

I despair of society, we have bred a nation of worry warts, frightened of their own shadows.

What will win us or lose us the cup wont be the fact that we went away, the same as it wouldn't if we had stayed at home.

It will be decided by:

How we play on the day

How they play on the day

Who we and they have available for selection

Refereeing decisions and maybe the bounce of the ball.

I seriously hope it wont be because of folks lucky pants or whatever as many of them based on this thread will be shat straight through and unwearable.

Onion
07-03-2016, 03:46 PM
If we win, it'll have been worth it. If we lose, it will be part of the reason. Simples.

Roxyhibee
07-03-2016, 03:51 PM
Oh my god

If we base everything on what happened in the past, whether its connected to the outcome or not we would never do anything!

Of course not you would simply think that it was a freak outcome of getting up and think no more of it.

Linking the future to the past without appropriate scientific proof that what caused the outcome of the past was the thing you were avoiding is bonkers, its just superstition.

I despair of society, we have bred a nation of worry warts, frightened of their own shadows.

What will win us or lose us the cup wont be the fact that we went away, the same as it wouldn't if we had stayed at home.

It will be decided by:

How we play on the day

How they play on the day

I seriously hope it wont be because of folks lucky pants or whatever as many of them based on this thread will be shat straight through and unwearable.

I see that you suffer from contradictory delusion - you seem to think you have your own personal God, yet espouse the need for everything to be based on scientific fact without any form of superstition.

May I prescribe liberal amounts of tea tree oil for the next 7 days...

sleeping giant
07-03-2016, 03:53 PM
Sorry - on the outside of the nostrils - an airline pilots tip to reduce the risk of constant in flight infections.. Apparently..

Didn't stop me getting VD on a flight back from Ibiza :greengrin:

Andy74
07-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Oh my god

It will be decided by:

How we play on the day

How they play on the day

The last time I stubbed my toe I resolved to buy a pair of slippers to lessen the likelhood of it happening again.

Keith_M
07-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Didn't stop me getting VD on a flight back from Ibiza :greengrin:

Maybe if you hadn't put the Tea Tree on your nose and put it somewhere more appropriate......

GreenCastle
07-03-2016, 04:02 PM
Oh my god

It will be decided by:

How we play on the day

How they play on the day

Learn from the past or you keep making the same mistakes and never move forward :aok:

hibeeleicester
07-03-2016, 04:03 PM
Any idea where on the Costa Del Sol

sleeping giant
07-03-2016, 04:17 PM
Maybe if you hadn't put the Tea Tree on your nose and put it somewhere more appropriate......

Didn't want to sting my arse.

Giro Playboy
07-03-2016, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure if this is a good idea. During the build up to the tainted trophy final in 2012 Fenlon took the players away to Dublin while the merricks stayed immersed in the Edinburgh frenzy. GOC admitted that while away in Dublin the players took their eye of the ball a bit.
Although the tension for next Sunday is nothing like it was that dreadful day sometimes its better to stay in the melting pot and hyped up ready to go.

3pm
07-03-2016, 05:43 PM
Was told Gunnarrson was in the airport in his Hibs gear and just thought that would be the team going through the airport. :aok:

He works there part time. Just in case he doesn't get kept on. Hedging his bets.

07-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Good idea IMO. Get them away from all the hype and the media so they can solely focus on final preparations, the less distraction the better.

Anybody know what Ross County are up to in their preperations? Just out of interest

07-03-2016, 05:48 PM
I'm not sure if this is a good idea. During the build up to the tainted trophy final in 2012 Fenlon took the players away to Dublin while the merricks stayed immersed in the Edinburgh frenzy. GOC admitted that while away in Dublin the players took their eye of the ball a bit.
Although the tension for next Sunday is nothing like it was that dreadful day sometimes its better to stay in the melting pot and hyped up ready to go.

True but John Collins took the team abroad just before the 07 final.

07-03-2016, 05:52 PM

I think our loss in 2012 was a little more due to reasons other than where we did our prepartions. The slight matter of our team being full of utter journeymen and no marks :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
07-03-2016, 06:22 PM
Anyone know if Fyvie travelled

Scouse Hibee
07-03-2016, 06:27 PM

Not sure but two new guys Thomas Cook and Ryan Air were there.

oconnors_strip
07-03-2016, 06:45 PM
They flew to Malaga

Mcginn was happy to pose for pics with fans

Broken Gnome
07-03-2016, 06:47 PM
True but John Collins took the team abroad just before the 07 final.

And Michael Stewart today said that was an utter disaster.

We could go abroad and get thumped, or choose to spend a week on an oil rig and end up winning. You'll only question the logic once the game is over.

bigwheel
07-03-2016, 07:32 PM

We could go abroad and get thumped, or choose to spend a week on an oil rig and end up winning. You'll only question the logic once the game is over.

well it certainly didn't have a bad affect on the team performance....Mikey Stewart was Mr Petted Lip that day...all day.. :)

B.H.F.C
07-03-2016, 07:40 PM

We won the subsequent final 5-1 so it wasn't that much of a disaster.

Broken Gnome
07-03-2016, 09:01 PM

Exactly. You had a near mutiny on and the majority of a squad flouting an alcohol ban just because they thought their manager was a walloper. And we ended up winning. No logic.

Andy74
07-03-2016, 09:16 PM

It was the beginning of the end though. The player revolt kicked off due to events there.

MWHIBBIES
07-03-2016, 09:20 PM
If we win, it'll have been worth it. If we lose, it will be part of the reason. Simples.Eh no? We might lose by more and play worse if we haven't prepared properly. Not every win or loss is connected to preparation or calculated, things sometimes just go for or against you.

chrisski33
07-03-2016, 09:27 PM
Sensible move.

Good for morale, nice climate and short journey. Make them feel a we bit special.

They should be be buzzing come Sunday ! :thumbsup:

Naaaaa disagree with that. Theyve done before ie last year and it didnt pay off. East mains is good enough

Big L
07-03-2016, 09:27 PM
Players like McGinn Henderson Stevenson and Gray have run themselves to a standstill and it's showing, I would hope a 4 day break will help recharge the batteries and that they come back ready for the serious stuff ahead.

MWHIBBIES
07-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Naaaaa disagree with that. Theyve done before ie last year and it didnt pay off. East mains is good enough1 example of it not paying off and we should never try it again? It would be a pretty boring world if everyone thought like that.

HIBEES 4 LIFE
08-03-2016, 10:16 AM
Team are staying in La Cala Resort, 8km up in the hills from La Cala De Mijas. Great facilities, and very quiet as hotel is 90% used for golfers. I happen to know it very well.

Hopefully give the team a chance to relax and work on our finishing.

Craig_in_Prague
08-03-2016, 11:30 AM
"“Our training pitches have been really poor lately, they have been really heavy. And with the uncertainty over the weather, we are now in an environment where we know we’re getting a good surface and we know we’re getting a decent climate where we can stop and walk through things without having to worry about players being cold. That’s one of the reasons why we have done it.

“We can spend an hour and a half, two hours on the training ground rather than rush through an hour and 45 minutes of training into one hour.”

“I have been here before and the pitches are very good,” he said. “I trained here with Everton. It’s all enclosed, it’s very private and you get well looked after. We’re here to recover from Sunday [the 1-1 Scottish Cup quarter-final draw against Inverness] and prepare for this Sunday.

“It’s nice for the players to get a little bit of sun on their backs just to re-energise them. We all know going away to a bit of sun does make you feel good rather than turning up for training and all you see is rain, snow and wind. This is not a reward or anything – this is preparation for a cup final on Sunday.”

Makes sense to me! Well done Stubbs and the club, you have to do all you can to give yourself the best chance - It does not guarantee anything, it's just preparation - and all the above, makes plenty sense.....

scoopyboy
08-03-2016, 11:33 AM
"“Our training pitches have been really poor lately, they have been really heavy. And with the uncertainty over the weather, we are now in an environment where we know we’re getting a good surface and we know we’re getting a decent climate where we can stop and walk through things without having to worry about players being cold. That’s one of the reasons why we have done it.

“We can spend an hour and a half, two hours on the training ground rather than rush through an hour and 45 minutes of training into one hour.”

“I have been here before and the pitches are very good,” he said. “I trained here with Everton. It’s all enclosed, it’s very private and you get well looked after. We’re here to recover from Sunday [the 1-1 Scottish Cup quarter-final draw against Inverness] and prepare for this Sunday.

“It’s nice for the players to get a little bit of sun on their backs just to re-energise them. We all know going away to a bit of sun does make you feel good rather than turning up for training and all you see is rain, snow and wind. This is not a reward or anything – this is preparation for a cup final on Sunday.”

Makes sense to me! Well done Stubbs and the club, you have to do all you can to give yourself the best chance - It does not guarantee anything, it's just preparation - and all the above, makes plenty sense.....

IMO the best post on this thread.

The 2007 final is irrelevant, the 2012 final is irrelevant, it's all about preparing for this final the way the club think is most appropriate.

scoopyboy
08-03-2016, 11:36 AM

I would imagine so. Paul Hanlon and Dylan McGeouch travelled and they are reported as having no chance of making the final.

scoopyboy
08-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Naaaaa disagree with that. Theyve done before ie last year and it didnt pay off. East mains is good enough

Another example of punter knowing better than Alan Stubbs.

CockneyRebel
08-03-2016, 11:37 AM

4 days apparently.

Glesgahibby
08-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Don't see anything wrong with this.
First full week in a while to prepare properly.
A full week to have the players together 24/7.
I think this will Benefit the squad,not just for the final but the run in as well.

CallumLaidlaw
08-03-2016, 11:49 AM
It comes down to, who knows best? A few punters that are basing it on previous performances, OR, professional coaches and fitness experts. I know who I have more trust in.

heretoday
08-03-2016, 12:01 PM
It's a good idea but I think they should stay in the city of Malaga itself and soak up some culture. There are some cracking museums and a nice botanical garden just to the north.

A stiff walk up to the castle and palace should stretch those limbs and there are ample restaurants with healthy options to try. They could even take in a bull fight if they want to be reminded of playing at Ibrox.

But I suppose they'll be lying by a pool in Marbella or summat, covered in slap and working the mobiles.

NorthNorfolkHFC
08-03-2016, 12:11 PM
I would imagine so. Paul Hanlon and Dylan McGeouch travelled and they are reported as having no chance of making the final.

They'll have a great week then on the karaoke with Taffy, Doolan and McCourt!

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

stuart-farquhar
08-03-2016, 01:56 PM
It's a good idea but I think they should stay in the city of Malaga itself and soak up some culture. There are some cracking museums and a nice botanical garden just to the north.

A stiff walk up to the castle and palace should stretch those limbs and there are ample restaurants with healthy options to try. They could even take in a bull fight if they want to be reminded of playing at Ibrox.

But I suppose they'll be lying by a pool in Marbella or summat, covered in slap and working the mobiles.

Well at least the weather is fine today sunny and 18.
La cala hills is pretty isolated. Nothing in walking distance. Will pop over and see if I can spot them on mobiles by the pool:)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-03-2016, 02:41 PM
Fyvie and McGeouch travelled. Seen them both on Cummings Snapchat this morning. Looks very chilled and they seem to all be enjoying it!

Hopefully proves to be beneficial.

Smartie
08-03-2016, 02:46 PM
There have been times over the past few years when I've thought that the players look like they need a rollicking, run up and down Gullane dunes, taken out the back and shot…..

At the moment they look like they need a rest. A change of scenery, a bit of sunshine and some light training and recuperation after a torrid couple of months is exactly what they look like they need right now.

I wouldn't even be overdoing training - they're highly trained athletes already. Some work on finishing, set-pieces and tactics based on what Ross County are all about is what we need.

I'm more than happy to see them heading off for this.

Billy Whizz
08-03-2016, 02:50 PM
There have been times over the past few years when I've thought that the players look like they need a rollicking, run up and down Gullane dunes, taken out the back and shot…..

At the moment they look like they need a rest. A change of scenery, a bit of sunshine and some light training and recuperation after a torrid couple of months is exactly what they look like they need right now.

I wouldn't even be overdoing training - they're highly trained athletes already. Some work on finishing, set-pieces and tactics based on what Ross County are all about is what we need.

I'm more than happy to see them heading off for this.

I agree, the photos on Hibs Twitter make it look like a great location to get away from it all

JimBHibees
08-03-2016, 02:59 PM
It comes down to, who knows best? A few punters that are basing it on previous performances, OR, professional coaches and fitness experts. I know who I have more trust in.

Totally agree I am amazed so many are so adamant against it though makes no sense.

08-03-2016, 03:12 PM
Hopefully good for the team bonding as well, staying together for a few days. The team is already a very close bunch and a much better team spirit and rap ore with the manager than back in 07 when all the nonsense happened. From what i've heard back in 07 there was a few snakes in the camp.

Absolutely have 100% faith in Stubbs so if he says this is the right thing to do then I believe him. It saves them getting caught up with the media back home as well. They have the final run up to the final (friday, saturday and early sunday) to soak up the cup final build up but last thing we need is any distractions during the week for them, 100% focus on practise is needed.

GreenCastle
08-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Having seen the pics - looks like a great training base.

I am sure they will come back raring to go :aok:

Jack Hackett
08-03-2016, 10:21 PM
Well at least the weather is fine today sunny and 18.
La cala hills is pretty isolated. Nothing in walking distance. Will pop over and see if I can spot them on mobiles by the pool:)

There's a training pitch just below the hotel which you can see from the road. Good photo op :greengrin